IGNORED

Russians: Now Using Poison Underpants

clueliss

My husband's theory about why now instead of when Trump was in office is that Trump was too unpredictable. Putin knows that Biden will follow established protocol so he can plan ahead. Trump was kind of a loose cannon. 

• Upvote 12

Theories on why Putin  didn't attack under the last administration.

Unlike in the past, Poland is welcoming Ukranian refugees. Most the articles I could find are behind paywalls. 

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/europe/2022/02/25/poland-welcomes-first-ukrainian-refugees/

How far will Russia go?

Edited by WiseGirl
Claritiy
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

What I don’t get is why didn’t Putin do this while Trump was president? Why now? Trump would have done anything in his power to have America help Russia. 

I thought Putin was definitely planning on Trump winning in 2020, but he wasn't going to give up his plans just because that went awry. Trump definitely helped set the stage anyways (remember when he pulled many of the troops out of eastern Europe?). 

• Upvote 12

26 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Unlike in the past, Poland is welcoming Ukranian refugees. Most the articles I could find are behind paywalls. 

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/europe/2022/02/25/poland-welcomes-first-ukrainian-refugees/

How far will Russia go?

That's so true. We have common history with Ukraine. The rough history.

But it is history of our ancestors, and to be frank not all of them. My generation is creating our own history today. 

I wish I could share what is happening here but it is faster than I can type. It is heartwarming, touching and yet horryfing. Horryfing because of the reason why it is happening.

Briefly:

- Shipping companies offer loading space

- private medical centers offer free health plans

- people offer houses, flats, rooms

- transportation offers from the border to any place in Poland are everywhere

- there are people who are brave to deliver items to Ukrainian teritory: food, medication, dressing materials, hygenic stuff, battery, lights, etc.

- the others offer their service to get people directly from Ukraine. 

- there are many people who hand over children car seats to bring kids safely 

- collections of everything that is needed on the border, in the Ukrainian territory but also here when refugees arrive 

- free translations, legal consultations, psychologist cosultations, job offers, etc.

- polish railway won't charge Ukraininas for 30 days 

- train will be released to bring injured people to temporary hospital first (regular service)

Many more. Facebook is flooded with posts.

I can try to find some articles and get you screenshots if you are interested what is happening. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 22

Finally!!!!!!!

1. Germany just confirmed they will deliver ammo

2. Kazachstan against invasion

3. Belgium will deploy 300 trooper in Romania, will deliver machine guns and more

Edited by fish_ca
Adding sth
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 7

Thank you to everyone-- @fraurosena, @clueliss, and others-- keeping us all updated on the Ukrainian situation.. And a special thank you to @fish_ca for letting us know what's going on in Poland with the refugees. I'm watching CNN right now and they're saying 100,000 Ukrainians have entered your country so far.  Blessings to Poland for everything you're doing for them. ❤️ 😢 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

Russia is starting to find itself persona non grata when it comes to sports

While UEFA is still deliberating over whether to terminate its reported 40-million-euro annual sponsorship contract with Russian state-owned gas giant Gazprom, the Champions League final will no longer be held at Saint Petersburg but in Paris, still on May 28 but at the 80,000-seat Stade de France. The decision to strip Russia of the hosting honour was announced on Friday, when UEFA also announced that Russian and Ukrainian clubs and national teams competing in international competitions must play home matches at neutral venues "until further notice".

Spartak Moscow in the Europa League are the only club from either Russia or Ukraine still in European competition this season.

On Saturday, Poland announced it would refuse to play in a March 24 World Cup qualifier against Russia next month, citing the invasion of Ukraine. "The time for talking is over. It is time to act. Due to the escalation of the Russian Federation's aggression in Ukraine, the Polish team does not envisage playing the play-off against Russia," wrote Polish football federation president Cezary Kulesza.

His Swedish counterpart followed suit later on Saturday. "Whatever FIFA decide, we will not play against Russia in March," said federation president Karl-Erik Nilsson.

It's not just football.  Skiing, tennis, and curling competition events that were to take place in Russia have either been moved or cancelled.  The IOC is pissed off because Russia again violated the Olympic Truce.  (Basically no fighting from one week before the games until one week after the games.  Russia violated the modern version twice before violating it a third time in 2022 by attacking the Ukraine).  The IOC has called for sporting bodies to move or cancel events.  Sweden has proposed a blanket ban for Russian participation in sporting competitions taking place in the EU. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 10

@fish_ca thank you for the updates. i would appreciate any articles or pictures you have to share. I spent a summer in Poland teaching English.  I loved it.

More food for thought.

• Upvote 15

Spoiler

IMG_20220226_215836.thumb.jpg.141255733aa69136ebeb5a4997aa5b65.jpgIMG_20220226_215901.thumb.jpg.a32f5d80c2d66a8634337b45480dd893.jpgIMG_20220226_215821.thumb.jpg.7a5c8ed781b5c80a2c6086d8f5ec6e9f.jpgIMG_20220226_215805.thumb.jpg.09f281bd9c0952b2bdc3aec9d436d91d.jpgIMG_20220226_215724.thumb.jpg.62be0ec76709c681f0c0af0facb35779.jpgIMG_20220226_215709.thumb.jpg.2a5ff9dab8ce886ef938272cca092ae1.jpgIMG_20220226_215647.thumb.jpg.a8e218c83a0566595d5d34c3725b4a44.jpgIMG_20220226_215742.thumb.jpg.bd14d7d31c52eb7f1e1a614385b2730c.jpg

Poland, Refugees Reception point, 15 km from the border.

Reuters article

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-02-26-22-12-04-497_com_sec.android_app.sbrowser.thumb.jpg.8cb5b4bca50ef0c0667a5b3351470e15.jpgScreenshot_2022-02-26-22-12-04-497_com_sec.android_app.sbrowser.thumb.jpg.8cb5b4bca50ef0c0667a5b3351470e15.jpgScreenshot_2022-02-26-22-12-15-269_com_sec.android_app.sbrowser.thumb.jpg.c1fec242b93637efd27397872f468e93.jpgScreenshot_2022-02-26-22-12-23-907_com_sec.android_app.sbrowser.thumb.jpg.242cfece8879dd1c8367dc01dcd88389.jpgScreenshot_2022-02-26-22-12-31-472_com_sec.android_app.sbrowser.thumb.jpg.4795569b8284a0aa258165bb82485cb9.jpgScreenshot_2022-02-26-22-12-38-526_com_sec.android_app.sbrowser.thumb.jpg.f9ca9e8aec3fcee701092a1edfcdec8a.jpgScreenshot_2022-02-26-22-12-44-571_com_sec.android_app.sbrowser.thumb.jpg.c2104d5ba4597bceb59c24b014bf34f9.jpgScreenshot_2022-02-26-22-12-50-610_com_sec.android_app.sbrowser.thumb.jpg.f016b7de66d6168b9727c39cdbfd60a4.jpg

Screenshot_2022-02-26-22-11-55-316_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

• Thank You 7
  • Love 3

And

Spoiler

Edited by WiseGirl
Spoiler
  • Thank You 13

Liquid manure is hitting the fan. 

The White House, along with France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and Canada, announced Saturday evening that they would expel certain Russian banks from SWIFT, the high-security network that connects thousands of financial institutions around the world, pledging to "collectively ensure that this war is a strategic failure for (Russian President Vladimir) Putin."

"This will ensure that these banks are disconnected from the international financial system and harm their ability to operate globally," they wrote in a joint statement released by the White House, also pledging "restrictive measures that will prevent the Russian Central Bank from deploying its international reserves in ways that undermine the impact of our sanctions," and restricting the sale of "golden passports" that allow Russian oligarchs to avoid the brunt of sanctions already levied.

US and European officials have also discussed targeting the Russian Central Bank with sanctions, according to two people familiar with the talks, a step without precedent for an economy of Russia's size. 

No final decisions have been made, the people said, and the structure of the sanctions under discussion remains unclear.

Glad I’m not on all IT support for a bank cause I’d probably be getting a few dozen pages now. 

• Upvote 7

White House statement that goes into detail. This is why Putin pulled his yacht from Germany. 

Spoiler

Germany steps up to plate.

Edited by WiseGirl
Spoiler
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

I have friends who are missionaries in Russia (Novosibirsk), been there about 9 years. Their youngest son was supposed to be having surgery next week. They’ve now booked a flight back to Australia instead and he’ll have it at a hospital here, because with the sanctions they can’t transfer their Australian money (most of their supporters are here) to rubles.

• Upvote 7

It’s being said that the Russian invasion isn’t going as fast as Putin had planned. The Ukrainian unity of not only all politicians but the whole country, and Zelenskyy turning into an unbelievable hero and not simply being a Trump-like entertainer with grand ideas of being a president, is not what Putin had counted on when he attacked. The Ukrainian resistance, the people getting behind the rallying cry of “Slava Ukrainia!” has completely taken him by surprise, but  I don’t think in his wildest dreams he anticipated this:

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

Apparently Putin also forgot about Logistics. Either he thought he would have won over Ukraine by now, or he has no idea how wars actually work.

I’ve also read that Russian soldiers are scrounging around and plundering for food because they haven’t had supplies for days.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 7

Roadsigns have been removed and replaced by these signs, so the Russians can't navigate.

The sign reads:

Go fuck yourself

Go fuck yourself again

Go fuck yourself in Russia.

My heart aches for the Ukranian people. I respect their strenght and endurance is this aweful war. 

but I am scared also. This war is so close. When will Putin stop?

Screenshot_20220227-095635_De Telegraaf.jpg

Edited by Workingmom
Wasn't ready
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 10

Let's see if any of those MAGAT's with their big mouths and big guns will sign up... 

• Upvote 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic