IGNORED

Russians: Now Using Poison Underpants

clueliss

19 hours ago, fish_ca said:

They managed to get to the bus. Now they've been waiting at the border for many hours to enter Poland. The bus was supposed to be in Warsaw many hours ago. But the mother feels much better already being so close to safety.

Still not yet in  Poland. They are very close to the border checkpoint. On the road since Friday, in the queue since Saturday! 

No problem with food and drink.

Prime minister office estimates that more than 250000 people await border crossing right now.

Negotations about to commence.

Live Below

Don't know if any translation will be available

Edited by fish_ca
Fixing weekdays
  • Love 12

13 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

Negotations about to commence.

Live Below

Don't know if any translation will be available

Off after 28 minutes

I need a break. My head and heart will explode in a second...

• Love 13

9 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Looks like they were cut off by Google & YouTube

Well, not only that but Google has disabled some of their map features for Ukraine

• Upvote 10

17 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

We were wondering if our government grows a spine but despite all the love for the Russian money the relations to the EU is still more important 💁‍♀️

• Upvote 7

Looks like the sanctions are doing what they're supposed to

The ruble cratered, the stock market froze and the public rushed to withdraw cash on Monday as Western sanctions kicked in and Russia awoke to uncertainty and fear over the rapidly spreading repercussions of President Vladimir V. Putin’s invasion of Ukraine.

As the day began, Russia’s currency lost as much as a quarter of its value within hours. Scrambling to stem the decline, the Russian Central Bank more than doubled its key interest rate, banned foreigners from selling Russian securities and ordered exporters to convert into rubles most of their foreign-currency revenues. It closed the Moscow stock exchange for the day because of the “developing situation.”

Even as Russian and Ukrainian delegations met for talks at the Belarus border, Moscow’s military offensive showed no sign of letting up, and the hectic moves offered the first signs that the sanctions imposed on Russia by the West over the weekend were shaking the foundations of Russia’s economy. The decisions by the United States, Britain and the European Union restricting the Russian Central Bank’s access to much of its $643 billion in foreign currency reserves have undone much of the Kremlin’s careful efforts to soften the impact of potential sanctions.

And with dozens of countries closing their airspace to Russian planes, major foreign investors pulling out and the West placing debilitating restrictions on Russia’s biggest banks, it was becoming clear that Mr. Putin’s invasion of Ukraine was ushering in a period of international isolation for Russia unseen since the Cold War.

• Upvote 13

Switzerland folder UE Snctions 

IMG_20220228_145212.thumb.jpg.fbb75e50c660961894d0f0d7b2f29af1.jpg

And...

Gossip says that Putin ran away to Bunker somewhere in Ural. And before he confiscated oligarchs planes. 

Just a Gossip but...

• Upvote 10

I think Putin didn‘t factor in such a response. Boyfriend was saying all weekend if the Oligarchs can‘t do business anymore Putin will be in a very tough spot. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

47 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

Gossip says that Putin ran away to Bunker somewhere in Ural. And before he confiscated oligarchs planes. 

I don't know whether or not he confiscated planes but I did see on a couple of sites that Putin is thought to be in his bunker in the Urals.  I can understand why he went since he is fairly paranoid but it's still disturbing.  Russia is supposed to have two nuclear bunkers, one in the northern Urals at Kosvinsky Kamen and the other in the southern Urals at Mount Yamantau.  (The one at Mount Yamantau is said to be as large in area as 400 square miles.)  The southern one is newer and, if completed, gives him better access to the automated control system known as "Perimeter".  However, the northern one is fully operational and, probably, state of the art as well.  The southern bunker at one time was said to be abandoned but I don't believe it.  The Russians are notoriously tight-lipped and given to telling lies to keep secrets.  There are also believed to be two underground bunkers in and near Moscow.  There might also be bunkers under the Kremlin.

Putin met with top government officials in November of 2020 about improving and modernizing mobile command posts and bunkers.  He's a long range planner so maybe he was upgrading in anticipation of this current war to take back old Soviet countries.  I have to say that the more I read, the more uneasy I felt.

• Upvote 15

44 minutes ago, Smash! said:

I think Putin didn‘t factor in such a response. Boyfriend was saying all weekend if the Oligarchs can‘t do business anymore Putin will be in a very tough spot. 

I agree with you. Putin probably underestimated any kind of response, not least of all that of the brave Ukrainian people. And while some of the Ukrainian reponses look like childish pranks, they are telling. For example, the new road signs are a sign that the administration and factories are working, and capable of a swift action.

• Upvote 21

I link the response from many many different countries to two things. First of all, the world is much more connected than it was almost 90 years ago. We don't just hear rumors about Russian buildup or invasion but we actually see images on the internet and on television. I also think some of the response from countries who previously had been neutral are based on seeing all of the atrocities that Hitler committed in his land grab and, seeing some of these same signs by someone who wants to invade and grab other countries they want to stop Putin earlier than they did Hitler.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

Another article that I read was talking about how badly the Russian army is doing and why.  The feeling is that the army is not as well equipped as previously believed.  The Russian Minister of Defense, Anatoly Serdyukov, was in charge from 2007-2012.  He held oligarchs responsible for arms deliveries and made the armies more efficient.  This pissed off the oligarchs and they got him fired.  He was replaced by Sergey Shoygy who purged Sergyukov's appointees and stopped arguing with the suppliers.  The oligarchs were once again free to insist that they delivered 1000 missiles when they maybe only sent 100 and used the rest of the money to furnish a villa or purchase a yacht.  It's the old story of corruption in Russia.  The rich rake off money at the top and deliver inferior goods.  Maybe some of those planes and helicopters can't fly.

This is taking nothing away from the bravery of the Ukrainians and the ability of their own army.  It's just pointing out that the Russian army was probably hyped and, beyond the nuclear capabilities, maybe the Russians don't have much to work with.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I‘m surprised in a very positive way that the reaction has been this united and strong. Even Switzerland is joining the sanctions. This is huge.

It sends a very important signal that the world doesn‘t put up with everything Putin does.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

US Soccer to Russia: Fuck you

• Upvote 13

The UN emergency meeting on Ukraine is happening now, you can watch it live on YT. Ukraine and Russian Federation (who sounded nonsensical) already spoke , now an EU rep is speaking...(you can go back and watch from beginning if you want). 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

I hope this official request will be granted asap. Although I'm aware that there are drawbacks to accepting their request immediately, the one big advantage that I see will be that EU troops will be able to assist Ukraine against Russia. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic