IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 16: In BetWeen

samurai_sarah

28 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Probably just Gary's usual inability to come up with words. But maybe, being the clean living Christian that he is, he didn't want to say "prick," even as a verb.

:lol4:

I bought this for my friends who were moving to Arizona ?

Also am I the only one who is on the EDGE of her seat waiting to hear Jethere's song? (which will presumably be recorded on his cell phone?)

pricks.jpg

• Haha 15

We have a cactus called Jumping Cholla. They usually grow about knee or thigh high. They have lots of little growths like little balls covered with needles and if you get really near or brush against one, one will "jump" off and the needles stick into you. Tour guides love to demonstrate this. To get them off, they light them on fire or use a comb. 

• Thank You 7

1 hour ago, griffin said:

We have a cactus called Jumping Cholla. They usually grow about knee or thigh high. They have lots of little growths like little balls covered with needles and if you get really near or brush against one, one will "jump" off and the needles stick into you. Tour guides love to demonstrate this. To get them off, they light them on fire or use a comb. 

Maybe that's what the kids were near.

So, Gary, next time you tell this story, don't use "shock" as your verb. Use "attack!" That will really confuse your listeners.

The attack of the cactus! Coming soon to a movie theater near you streaming service in your house!

Gary doesn't want us to depend on our Pray:

image.png.999ae1c9c867743e4d539238e13f246e.png

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, griffin said:

I hate those things!

• Upvote 4

Gary was on Facebook and put up a wall o' text:

781567051_Screenshot(3672).png.6169c1838a55a05c415d8923870325c0.png

Gary wants us to know that we might not be saving souls the right way.  After all, he's a professional.  He understands how to do it correctly.  If we attempt it, we might actually be sending souls to Hell.  Best to keep Gary out there preaching, people, and let him handle the soul winning.

I think I must have watched "Ghostbusters" too recently because that's now the image I've got in my head.  There's Gary in a "Hellbusters" outfit with an old, rugged cross painted on his vehicle and a rocking theme song playing in the background.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 3

49 minutes ago, smittykins said:

“It’s not easy or hard”? 

:confusion-confused:

That's a standard Gary-ism. Usually, when spoken, it's something like this, very rhythmic and sing-song: "Some people make it easy, some people make it hard, I'm glad God made it simple: just believe and receive what Jesus did on the old rugged cross."

But you're right - it makes no sense the simplistic way Gary says it.

I think whoever Gary stole that from was saying that salvation can't be won through just being a good person or saying a sinner's prayer (too easy) or through lots of works, whether giving to others or rituals and sacraments (too hard), but by accepting Jesus' sacrifice on the cross (just right).

Did I just use the three bears to explain Gary's theology? ? :tw_face_bear::animals-bear:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

9 hours ago, smittykins said:

“It’s not easy or hard”? 

You know, that would be a good name for the next thread title

Bro Gary Hawkins 17:  It's (or He's) Not Easy or Hard

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic