IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!

samurai_sarah

21 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

They announced Maryella around this time in April, 2019 - for a late November baby, so it was super early....and I'm pretty sure the photo they used for that sex reveal was from one of the boutique ultrasound places. I think it was Marcus or Meredith they announced quite late? Anyways, I'm gonna guess this an April announcement for a September baby girl.

Born on their anniversary would be the ultimate for Anna I bet.

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, xenobia said:

This. I think they're aiming for the TTH, and they will probably get it. 

There was one ep when Mechelle and jb were going away and Josh was there stating that if anything happened to them that then as the eldest he would be in charge and take over. Yep I think he is aiming for the big house and still thinks he is entitled to take over after JB. 

7 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

Born on their anniversary would be the ultimate for Anna I bet.

That would have been perfect for the redemption baby. Opportunity lost. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, nsgoblue said:

I question whether any Duggar could make it in college (not even law school) with their education...wasn't a 6th or 7th grader still doing basic times tables....a few years back

I think people greatly overestimate how difficult it is to catch up from education gaps. Many kids struggle with math or reading, but find ways to compensate. Memorizing your times tables, while useful,  is hardly a measure of future success in life. A large number of people barely make it through elementary or high school, and then go on to community college and university. Not generally because they were raised by fundamentalists, but for a variety of other reasons.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

There was one ep when Mechelle and jb were going away and Josh was there stating that if anything happened to them that then as the eldest he would be in charge and take over. Yep I think he is aiming for the big house and still thinks he is entitled to take over after JB. 

I think that JB wants him to take over. The Lord has forgiven and restored, and so should we, and yada yada. 

It would also explain why JB hasn't bought them a decent home. They are holding out in the storage shed, waiting for the TTH to have fewer and fewer people. Five years from now, J&A would have nine kids if they keep their current schedule, and there will probably be just around 4-5 kids in the TTH, all probably on the way out in near future. And who else would get the TTH

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

I’m surprised the kids aren’t sleeping in the dorm with Josh and Anna sleeping in the room next to the laundry room waiting to take over

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Well Anna missed the privacy memo about the V family kids....

7CD6F96F-4B98-4D21-ACF0-954D7F5BD968.jpeg

All these girls are blurring together! Which one is which? If memory serves Felicity started the pink streak, and I think Ivy came after. Then there's Bella, Addison, Evie?, Maryella, Grace?., Evangeline... 

The Duggar family tree is going to be focumented like one of thpse books in the Old Testament "so and so begat so and so...." How the heck are we supposed to keep track?

ETA I looked it up and wasn't far off, except I couldn't remember that Joy's daughter's name is Evelyn. Later in life Evelyn should claim the Evie nickname, and Evangeline can be Vanjie.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I think people greatly overestimate how difficult it is to catch up from education gaps. Many kids struggle with math or reading, but find ways to compensate. Memorizing your times tables, while useful,  is hardly a measure of future success in life. A large number of people barely make it through elementary or high school, and then go on to community college and university. Not generally because they were raised by fundamentalists, but for a variety of other reasons.

You are right! But I think of Abe Lincoln and other disadvantaged persons who had a drive and passion for knowledge. I heard on Focus on the Family (years ago, before I knew better however I will tell you even then, James Dobson reminded me of Chicken Little) about a migrant child who had never even slept inside until he went to college and, before he died,  held a chair at UCLA in pediatric medicine. So it can be done! But this boo-boo head fundie culture does not value education, and in fact radicalizes its members against higher education and even decent employment. All the while, pushing adolescent marriage and refusal of government assistance, thus assuring food insecurity and other avoidable problems.  In summary and conclusion, they make everything harder on themselves because they're afraid of education and premaital sex.

• Upvote 11

Did she? Or could she have posted under JB's guidance as a way to passive aggressively retaliate for the V's trying to make their own rules for their family?  

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Well Anna missed the privacy memo about the V family kids....

7CD6F96F-4B98-4D21-ACF0-954D7F5BD968.jpeg

• Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Did she? Or could she have posted under JB's guidance as a way to passive aggressively retaliate for the V's trying to make their own rules for their family?  

Maybe ? ?‍♀️

What Icks me about Josh (amongst many things) is it just occurred to me, if it has occurred to her if they inherit the big house she will be living in a house purpose built to stop her husband molesting his sisters. That her future bedroom (Jb and mechelles) was put before the girls room and the boys room was built as far away as possible to stop Josh!!!! Man gross. But I suppose she has swallowed worse pills than that. Puke. 

• Upvote 12
  • Disgust 10
  • Sad 1

Can someone list the girls in order from left to right? I can spot a few but the rest I’m confused on. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Can someone list the girls in order from left to right? I can spot a few but the rest I’m confused on. 

Evangeline, Felicity, Ivy, Addison, Bella, Maryella, Grace, Evelyn, Brooklyn - I think!
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 20

I love the expression that Felicity has; she looks like she takes no guff from anyone. I hope she keeps up the spunk. I also really love the smocking on Evelyn’s dress. I know it’s not to everyone’s taste but I adore the timeless look of smocked cotton dresses. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

ETA I looked it up and wasn't far off, except I couldn't remember that Joy's daughter's name is Evelyn. Later in life Evelyn should claim the Evie nickname, and Evangeline can be Vanjie.

Odds are small that Evangeline and Evelyn will ever be more than casual friends/acquaintances after they grow up (unless Jinger and Jeremy suddenly decide to move to Arkansas and go on camping trips with Austin and Joy). 

The cousins I can see being the closest would be Josh and Anna’s and Jessa’s kids (because they all seem to spend the most time at the big house). 

Jinger and Jessa’s kids *might* get close depending on if they both start traveling to see each other regularly.

I think Lauren will always be closer to her family than the Duggars.

Kendra also seems like she’d be closer to her family, but I can see her kids and Joy’s being close due to basic proximity and having kids around the same age.

Jill’s kids will probably be closer to their Dillard cousins, but will also know/like their Seewald cousins. 

• Upvote 20

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t think he could ever become a lawyer. First, he had a poor basic education, no instruction after a 6th or 7th grade level.  No higher math, science or writing instruction which all  reinforce critical thinking and logic skills. Zero work ethic or evidence of discipline. No way would this guy even be admitted to law school.

I think you are overestimating how hard it is to get into law school. It's actually pretty easy. You do need a college degree, but he could get that.

He might have a hard time getting a job after graduation, though.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, xenobia said:

I think that JB wants him to take over. The Lord has forgiven and restored, and so should we, and yada yada. 

It would also explain why JB hasn't bought them a decent home. They are holding out in the storage shed, waiting for the TTH to have fewer and fewer people. Five years from now, J&A would have nine kids if they keep their current schedule, and there will probably be just around 4-5 kids in the TTH, all probably on the way out in near future. And who else would get the TTH

I think JB hasn’t gotten them a nice house because Josh fucked things up for the whole family and he doesn’t deserve it. For the same reason, he will not get the big house. Also, Anna isn’t super fertile, and someone else will probably need the house more. My money is on Joe and Kendra. It’s also possible that it will be the extended family’s schoolhouse, business headquarters, and gathering place, with Jana running it, and none of the grandkids actually living there.

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, viii said:

@kiwi listed their names ... They’re in descending age order from left to right, with the two babies on the end so that they can be held by adults. 

Anna said she is due in autumn and it is spring in the US at the moment right? When does autumn start? 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, adidas said:

@kiwi listed their names ... They’re in descending age order from left to right, with the two babies on the end so that they can be held by adults. 

Anna said she is due in autumn and it is spring in the US at the moment right? When does autumn start? 

Autumn starts mid-September. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

Folks,  this goes far beyond not having a basic education. This is about not wanting an education, and having the idea that knowledge and education are evil ingrained from birth. Further, it’s about having parents that taught and role modeled that working for a living must be avoided (unless daddy benift$) in order to focus all your time on God.

This is about having no education and taxable income, yet having child after child for Jesus.

And How and when is a person with a very limited education, a for life opinion that he should not have to work, a very sparse and questionable work history and an ever growing family suppose to find the time, funding, inclination and gumption to pursue higher education?

I agree that some here are overestimating-

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

I agree that when Josh said he wanted to be a lawyer he had no idea what was involved- he probably just thought it would be better than working in the car lot and he could throw his weight around more.

( I am a lawyer, not in the US, and I saw a few people drop out early on as they really didn’t understand the amount of work you have to put in to a)qualify and b)land and keep a decent job.)

The Duggars stunted their children’s education so they wouldn’t question any of their more ridiculous beliefs and they would struggle to survive outside the bubble. So far only Jill has slipped under the net- the only one who exists truly independently.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

When you think about it, JB and Michelle must have been enraged. Here they had gotten him this really sweet gig with the Family Research Center in Washington DC despite his lack of education, experience, and intelligence and it all blew up when reports hit the news that he had sexually assaulted five girls. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

58 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

When you think about it, JB and Michelle must have been enraged. Here they had gotten him this really sweet gig with the Family Research Center in Washington DC despite his lack of education, experience, and intelligence and it all blew up when reports hit the news that he had sexually assaulted five girls. 

I thought that from the second the news broke about Josh. They did all this stuff to keep it quiet & it blew up in their faces. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 14

Speaking as someone who has actually been to law school (at night, while working full time, after having been out of school for several years), Josh might or might not be admitted if he had a college degree. He seems to have the basic intelligence. What he (and his siblings, with the exception of Jill) lacks is intellectual curiosity. Jim Bob seems to have stifled that attribute under a wave of Bible. I was brought up in a religious household, but education and the ability to reason was always valued. 

I think Josh would have great difficulty with law school itself. Law school teaches you to analyze in a certain way and look at all sides of a question. I don’t see Josh as capable of doing that. I also don’t think he would be able to handle the sheer amount of work, or the sense of suddenly not being the smartest person in his circle. Lots of law students and young lawyers start off cocky and get taken down quickly. Law professors live to cut egotistical students down to size.

I also don’t see him doing well on the bar exam, for the same reasons. And his past indiscretions might not disqualify him on the character and fitness exam, but they would have to be disclosed and explained. Jim Bob couldn’t sweep them under the rug by saying Josh had been forgiven. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 5

37 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

They didn’t get him that gig. From what I remember of that episode they had many reservations about him going to DC. Now we know why. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Then he married the wrong women. I’m more and more leaning towards him being pushed into a marriage to try and keep him settled and out of trouble. And how he and Anna may not have been well suited. 

Same here.   As time goes on, not just after the molestations / Ashley Madison scandal came out but also seeing both Josh and Anna try and fail to look anywhere happy, I am becoming more convinced that Josh was pushed into marriage to basically make him behave.   The unfortunate part is that Anna had no idea of Josh's past.  What would have passed as "full disclosure" to Pa Keller and JB would have been a lot of "Duggar-speak" not to mention that a sheltered fundie girl like Anna would have no reference point even if details about Josh's troublesome behavior were put, um, more plainly.

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

They didn’t get him that gig. From what I remember of that episode they had many reservations about him going to DC. Now we know why. 

IIRC, the FRC gig landed in Josh's lap by pure luck.  Someone over at the FRC thought it would be a really good idea to hire him.

• Upvote 17

I always thought that Josh was pushed into marriage. The Duggar’s found a nice young girl who will do whatever Josh says. They found a family who were probably so desperate to marry off one of their daughters they didn’t care about Josh’s past. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic