IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!

samurai_sarah

47 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

They didn’t get him that gig. From what I remember of that episode they had many reservations about him going to DC. Now we know why. 

I did not know that. So the Family Research Council just offer it to Josh out of the blue, or did he actually apply for the job as lobbyist?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

The Duggar’s found a nice young girl who will do whatever Josh says. They found a family who were probably so desperate to marry off one of their daughters they didn’t care about Josh’s past. 

I suspect that JB and J'chelle knew they had to marry Josh off but may have faced some challenges in finding someone whose Daddy would be OK with it all.   Yes, even with their TV fame I suspect there were families in their fundie circle who preferred not get involved with their dog and pony show, coupled with any possible rumors etc. about Josh.  Not every fundie thinks money is everything and not every fundie Daddy is an asshole who will push his daughter into a marriage at all costs.   Because one thing I learned about being around some fundies is that even they can be smart enough to know who can be a problem, who is to be avoided, etc.  And the rumor/gossip mill can be flat out vicious.

The Kellers were obviously willing to overlook a lot (further evidence: their son did marry into the JRod clan after all) perhaps out of a spirit of forgiveness but also they would be assured that their daughter would be decently provided for, courtesy of TLC money at least.   And their daughter would be part of that famous Wholesome Christian Family.

Oh how times have changed.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 5

59 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Same here.   As time goes on, not just after the molestations / Ashley Madison scandal came out but also seeing both Josh and Anna try and fail to look anywhere happy, I am becoming more convinced that Josh was pushed into marriage to basically make him behave.   The unfortunate part is that Anna had no idea of Josh's past.  What would have passed as "full disclosure" to Pa Keller and JB would have been a lot of "Duggar-speak" not to mention that a sheltered fundie girl like Anna would have no reference point even if details about Josh's troublesome behavior were put, um, more plainly.

IIRC, the FRC gig landed in Josh's lap by pure luck.  Someone over at the FRC thought it would be a really good idea to hire him.

He is up there with the record company executive that turned down the Beatles!!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

He is up there with the record company executive that turned down the Beatles!!

Agreed, one of those decisions likely made thinking it couldn't ever be wrong and then finding out the hard way that it was.

• Upvote 2

Derick has occasionally retweeted shite by the FRC. I wonder if his ultimate payback once he’s qualified would be to get a job with them. How the Duggars would seethe! 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10

A little off topic but @maple802 Kim K did say herself that she was studying law. It was in an interview with Dave Letterman for his Netflix show. I'm not a Kardashian fan but that interview actually made me a lot more sympathetic and less judegmental of her. I recommend that show in general. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Derick has occasionally retweeted shite by the FRC. I wonder if his ultimate payback once he’s qualified would be to get a job with them. How the Duggars would seethe! 

That would be hilarious!   Somehow I think he might have other plans but if a job opportunity opened up, I wouldn't blame him for taking it.  It would indeed be great payback. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FiveAcres said:

I did not know that. So the Family Research Council just offer it to Josh out of the blue, or did he actually apply for the job as lobbyist?

I don’t think he applied for that position, it just fell in his lap. His past and Ashley Madison got in the way though.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Could he even get into law school with his background? Where I live, one needs to be squeaky clean to join the police, military or go to law school. Heck, I even had to provide proof to get into education that not only was I free of criminal records, had never been accused and acquitted of any offences involving vulnerable persons but that I had never been charged under the highway traffic act. With his youth offences having been made public, I suspect that Josh wouldn’t get into most professional programs. 

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Well Anna missed the privacy memo about the V family kids....

7CD6F96F-4B98-4D21-ACF0-954D7F5BD968.jpeg

I can only identify about 3 of those kids. And the neutral trend is killing me!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

So this is about timelines...

The Duggars weren't big television stars when Josh started courting.  The Duggars had had a few TLC specials. Josh and Anna started courting during the first season of the show when the series was titled 17 Kids and Counting. 

They got married in September. Michelle was pregnant with baby #18. She gave birth to Jordyn in December and the show was briefly titled 18 K&C. Then Anna become pregnant and gave birth to MacKynzie and Michelle got pregnant and had a very early emergency c-section with Josie. The show was most famous as 19 K&C.

Anna is not that different from the other Duggar wives. She is from a big fundie family with IBLP connections. She is also from out of state. Most of their daughters-in-law follow these patterns. Except for Kendra, all of them have IBLP connections and were from out of state. (Kendra is fundie, but her parents weren't involved in IBLP.) (Katey is the only daughter-in-law from a smaller family.)  

Anna and Josh were very compatible and seemed to like each other, although Josh had reservations about having a big quiver and he seems bored by fundie life. 

I agree with @justmy2cents JB seemed reluctant about Josh taking the job with the FRC.

Finally Josh was fired after the news of molesations broke. The Ashley Madison scandal didn't break for another two months and they were already back in AR. 

The FRC is still in business, unfortunately. Marjorie Jackson currently works there. 

• Upvote 21
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

Could he even get into law school with his background? Where I live, one needs to be squeaky clean to join the police, military or go to law school. Heck, I even had to provide proof to get into education that not only was I free of criminal records, had never been accused and acquitted of any offences involving vulnerable persons but that I had never been charged under the highway traffic act. With his youth offences having been made public, I suspect that Josh wouldn’t get into most professional programs. 

It probably would not disqualify him from being accepted to a law school, though it would depend on the individual school’s standards. A surprising number of incarcerated inmates study law behind bars. However, it might disqualify him from acceptance to the state bar, depending on the state’s standards (and possibly Jim Bob’s degree of pull). In my state, each candidate goes through a detailed character and fitness exam while in law school. You are expected to disclose any negative fact, no matter how small. Those facts are checked, so if it’s in the public record and you don’t disclose, it’s held against you. If necessary, the bar admissions people will ask for more information. Josh’s offense might or might not make it through the character standards. I don’t know how Arkansas would treat the same set of facts. 

As an example, while I was in law school, a noted white supremacist was going through the admissions process in my state. He had been through law school (I don’t recall if he passed the bar) but his openly expressed views raised red flags with the bar admissions committee. He was ultimately denied admission to the bar on the grounds of character. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

Looks like the pic is from Jed/Katey’s wedding so the kids are mostly dressed to match the wedding colors.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Looks like the pic is from Jed/Katey’s wedding so the kids are mostly dressed to match the wedding colors.

I think it’s also just the trend at the moment. Muted, simple, almost depression era design and colors. Which seems fitting. The summer clothes coming out now seem more colorful again. Hopeful. Fashion (even baby fashion) is really fascinating when you line it up with what’s going on in society. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

The Duggars were deeply involved with and heavily featured on TLC from the time M was PG with Jackson. TLC finished and furnished the TTH right before Johanna’s birth. I remember the family taking a trip to CA, through the SW where several episodes were filmed and aired along the way. Remember the vomit fest of the small airplane ride over the Grand Canyon? Cadillac Ranch? The breakdown of one of their buses? Michelle announced her 15th pregnancy during one of those episodes, IIRC.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

Anna is pregnant?! 

Well this is the most shocking news I have heard since one eagle-eyed poster announced that John-David is a pilot. Lawd Ham Mercury. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 30
  • Love 1

Can someone with a better memory than me answer a question:
Did the cancellation of 19KAC come after the revelation of the molestation, the Ashley Madison scandal, or both?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Did the cancellation of 19KAC come after the revelation of the molestation, the Ashley Madison scandal, or both?

I believe after the revelation they announced a pause and after scandal they officially canceled it. But then the 2 girls did the Megyn Kelly interview and TLC announced the new show. 

• Disgust 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, baldricks_turnip said:

I think it was after the molestation info came out. 

On 4/25/2021 at 8:36 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Well Anna missed the privacy memo about the V family kids....

7CD6F96F-4B98-4D21-ACF0-954D7F5BD968.jpeg

Back to the photo ... I don’t know which boy kid is photobombing in the doorway but I imagine he’s a wee bit confused about why he isn’t allowed to be there in the photo! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Yes both. 

The molestation scandal broke in May 2015. It was soon after the birth special for Israel Dillard had aired. TLC was showing a marathon of 19 K&C that weekend. It suspended the show. Josh was also immediately fired from the FRC.

The Megyn Kelly interview was in June 2015. She did two interviews- one with JB and Michelle and one with Jessa and Jill. They were trying to save the show.

TLC was taking it's time deliberating about whether to keep the show on. In July 2015, the Ashley Madison news broke. TLC then cancelled the show the day Anna gave birth to Meredith.

The show came back that fall as Jill & Jessa Counting On. It was changed to Counting On at some point. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

11 hours ago, Johannah said:

their names don't really matter and the uniform look is being rocked here. All i see is a potential of near 150 great grand children.......and counting. Arkansas is being bred into Duggarville. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Anna is pregnant?! 

Well this is the most shocking news I have heard since one eagle-eyed poster announced that John-David is a pilot. Lawd Ham Mercury. 

What?!? How come I’ve never heard this? 

• Haha 13

On 4/24/2021 at 7:41 PM, frugalitymom said:

Born on their anniversary would be the ultimate for Anna I bet.

That happened to my sister in law and it's kind of a bummer. They always celebrate their child's birthday (as they should) and plan their anniversary for a few weeks before. It often falls on the first week of school around here too. Too much at once. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

That happened to my sister in law and it's kind of a bummer. They always celebrate their child's birthday (as they should) and plan their anniversary for a few weeks before. It often falls on the first week of school around here too. Too much at once. 

My youngest was born on my anniversary, we ended up not celebrating for several years because of it.  Then we decided to treat ourselves to a really nice dinner that was slightly disappointing.  Then the pandemic hit and we just skipped it.  

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic