IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!

samurai_sarah

3 minutes ago, JMO said:

My youngest was born on my anniversary, we ended up not celebrating for several years because of it.  Then we decided to treat ourselves to a really nice dinner that was slightly disappointing.  Then the pandemic hit and we just skipped it.  

Awww. ❤️ I hope you get to plan something really awesome when things return to a version of normal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6

8 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Awww. ❤️ I hope you get to plan something really awesome when things return to a version of normal. 

Thanks. ? I'm hoping that we can go out to dinner a day or two after her birthday.  We are both vaccinated and there are lots of outside dining areas here.  

• Upvote 7

In the past hasn’t Anna typically announced her pregnancy and then later had a separate jender reveal?

I think she lumped them together this time because the Duggars have had such a long streak of granddaughters. She either wanted to have the first boy after 9(?) girls or else have her daughter be the 10th girl in a row. If she’d waited and Jessa delivered a boy what Anna is having would seem less notable. We know Anna enjoys holding titles in Duggarland: first grandkids, most grandkids, only girls until Felicity. 

• Upvote 12

@Dominionatrix I think she was holding out for a Counting On episode with a bumper pregnancy reveal like last time. We know she thinks she ought to be included and I think it’s her way of worming her way back on and one day hauling Josh on to it too.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Dominionatrix said:

In the past hasn’t Anna typically announced her pregnancy and then later had a separate jender reveal?

I think she lumped them together this time because the Duggars have had such a long streak of granddaughters. She either wanted to have the first boy after 9(?) girls or else have her daughter be the 10th girl in a row. If she’d waited and Jessa delivered a boy what Anna is having would seem less notable. We know Anna enjoys holding titles in Duggarland: first grandkids, most grandkids, only girls until Felicity. 

first grandsons too

6 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@Dominionatrix I think she was holding out for a Counting On episode with a bumper pregnancy reveal like last time. We know she thinks she ought to be included and I think it’s her way of worming her way back on and one day hauling Josh on to it too.

What do you mean? Counting On barely featured her pregnancy last time.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

first grandsons too

What do you mean? Counting On barely featured her pregnancy last time.

I think @Idlewild was referring to a reveal that was done before they were off the show?

• Upvote 2

I was talking about the reveal where they all dressed up with flowers in their hair for a photoshoot and Abbie joined them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I was talking about the reveal where they all dressed up with flowers in their hair for a photoshoot and Abbie joined them. 

Oh sorry. I was trying to remember the sex reveal episodes with Anna. Didn’t consider that photo shoot which was Abbie’s pregnancy reveal.

• Upvote 3

On 4/25/2021 at 5:29 PM, nokidsmom said:

I suspect that JB and J'chelle knew they had to marry Josh off but may have faced some challenges in finding someone whose Daddy would be OK with it all.   Yes, even with their TV fame I suspect there were families in their fundie circle who preferred not get involved with their dog and pony show, coupled with any possible rumors etc. about Josh.  Not every fundie thinks money is everything and not every fundie Daddy is an asshole who will push his daughter into a marriage at all costs.   Because one thing I learned about being around some fundies is that even they can be smart enough to know who can be a problem, who is to be avoided, etc.  And the rumor/gossip mill can be flat out vicious.

The Kellers were obviously willing to overlook a lot (further evidence: their son did marry into the JRod clan after all) perhaps out of a spirit of forgiveness but also they would be assured that their daughter would be decently provided for, courtesy of TLC money at least.   And their daughter would be part of that famous Wholesome Christian Family.

Oh how times have changed.

With all due respect, the J Rod clan dont seem to have had that problem as Josh in their family.

The Kellers ( and I think they still are), were involved in prison ministry and I think this is why they took a more laid back attitude with Josh as they are used to dealing with people who are criminals and most of these people have issues.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

only girls until Felicity. 

And now they have had nothing BUT girls! It's crazy to believe in the 10 grandkids there's nothing but girls. 

• Upvote 3

On 4/25/2021 at 10:44 AM, Jana814 said:

I always thought that Josh was pushed into marriage. The Duggar’s found a nice young girl who will do whatever Josh says. They found a family who were probably so desperate to marry off one of their daughters they didn’t care about Josh’s past. 

Anna was overjoyed to be in the cult. She loves having eleventy kids and the whole fundie lifestyle.  Heck she even (shudder) likes Josh. He's the one who wanted the chance to find out whether the fundie life was the life for him.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

Anna was overjoyed to be in the cult. She loves having eleventy kids and the whole fundie lifestyle.  Heck she even (shudder) likes Josh. He's the one who wanted the chance to find out whether the fundie life was the life for him.

Well, he's now trapped in that life. He's virtually unemployable outside of his family. He has to rely on Boob to support his (ever-growing) family.

• Upvote 20

I’d tolerate Josh for a couple of episodes if they showed us a “day in the week of Josh Duggar.” I’d love to know what he actually does.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 1

On 4/26/2021 at 12:33 AM, adidas said:

Back to the photo ... I don’t know which boy kid is photobombing in the doorway but I imagine he’s a wee bit confused about why he isn’t allowed to be there in the photo! ?

"But my sweater is beige too!! Why can't I be in the picture?!"

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

On 4/26/2021 at 3:37 PM, Bridgecape said:

With all due respect, the J Rod clan dont seem to have had that problem as Josh in their family.

The Kellers ( and I think they still are), were involved in prison ministry and I think this is why they took a more laid back attitude with Josh as they are used to dealing with people who are criminals and most of these people have issues.

Agreed, the J Rod clan doesn't seem to have a Josh in the family.   What I meant when I mentioned Nathan marrying into the J-Rod family was a reference to Jill:  the kind of woman that their son would have as a mother in law.   Granted, having an over the top MIL doesn't compare to marrying off your daughter to a molester but still does present some, albeit lesser, challenges.  

Also agree that the prison ministry would be a factor in the Kellers being more accepting of Josh.  

18 hours ago, marmalade said:

Well, he's now trapped in that life. He's virtually unemployable outside of his family. He has to rely on Boob to support his (ever-growing) family.

And if he didn't want that life, he did all the wrong things....ensuring that he is well and truly stuck.  

• Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Agreed, the J Rod clan doesn't seem to have a Josh in the family.   What I meant when I mentioned Nathan marrying into the J-Rod family was a reference to Jill:  the kind of woman that their son would have as a mother in law.   Granted, having an over the top MIL doesn't compare to marrying off your daughter to a molester but still does present some, albeit lesser, challenges.  

Also agree that the prison ministry would be a factor in the Kellers being more accepting of Josh.  

And if he didn't want that life, he did all the wrong things....ensuring that he is well and truly stuck.  

That’s why I figure JB is paying them per additional kid. Otherwise why wouldn’t Josh pull the headship card and get a vasectomy; explaining to Anna why they need to stop having kids? In truth, JB is the headship of that family.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

19 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

That’s why I figure JB is paying them per additional kid. Otherwise why wouldn’t Josh pull the headship card and get a vasectomy; explaining to Anna why they need to stop having kids? In truth, JB is the headship of that family.

And this is why I think there's a rift with Jill and Derick. Derick decided (rightly so in fundieland) that he was the headship of his family. JB didn't like that one little bit. JB is still an insecure boy who builds himself up by holding power over his wife, children, their spouses, etc. Money is the easiest way to keep all the kids under his control. Derick stood up to JB and JB's delicate ego couldn't handle it. JB is the headship of all and if you & your spouse attempt to have your own life, you're out. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 1

I think also Josh is lazy. He was always heavily into Duggar Time (I remember one episode of 19KAC where they were very late for Anna’s ultrasound because he couldn’t get his shit together), he had a gaggle of sisters waiting on him (when he went to visit Anna the girls packed his case and joked he needed so many snacks they could hardly close it) and then a job landed in his lap and he had a subservient wife.
He could assert himself along a different path and limit his family size etc but as stated above JB would have a hissy fit and Josh would have to find a job that paid to keep them all and housing. He clearly prefers the option of being kept by JB and letting Anna pretend they have a perfect life.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 13

18 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I think also Josh is lazy. He was always heavily into Duggar Time (I remember one episode of 19KAC where they were very late for Anna’s ultrasound because he couldn’t get his shit together), he had a gaggle of sisters waiting on him (when he went to visit Anna the girls packed his case and joked he needed so many snacks they could hardly close it) and then a job landed in his lap and he had a subservient wife.
He could assert himself along a different path and limit his family size etc but as stated above JB would have a hissy fit and Josh would have to find a job that paid to keep them all and housing. He clearly prefers the option of being kept by JB and letting Anna pretend they have a perfect life.

I don't think Anna is pretending - this is her perfect life, and so much better than her sister's (Eunice Shrader).

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I don't think Anna is pretending - this is her perfect life, and so much better than her sister's (Eunice Shrader).

It's Esther, not Eunice. ?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

It certainly is better than her sister’s life, but I do think deep down, Anna knows that living in a waren with her cheating molester of a husband isn’t quite perfect.

She does a lot of pretending (to herself included) and she might be fairly ok with how things are going, but I bet she’d take the blissful Washington life back if she could. Back then, the family’s public image was much better, her husband had an actual job outside the family business, and she wasn’t aware of any of his cheating and touching of his sisters. 

• Upvote 13

On 4/24/2021 at 6:36 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Well Anna missed the privacy memo about the V family kids....

7CD6F96F-4B98-4D21-ACF0-954D7F5BD968.jpeg

I have no idea who most of these kids are. I know Felicity and Ivy. I know the babies are Brooklyn and Evangeline. But I don't know which is which with the other 5, they all blend together. And I'm sure it's the same way within the family. Just another number, just another arrow in the quiver. 

Edited by Sullie06
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

I have no idea who most of these kids are. I know Felicity and Ivy. Im assuming the babies are Brooklyn and Evangeline. But I don't know which is which with the other 5.

Evangeline, Felicity, Ivy, Addison (Joe & Kendra #2), Bella (Si and Lauren), Maryella (M-kid #6), Grace (John and Abbie), Evelyn (Joy and Austin #2) and Brooklyn. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

3 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

Bella is incredibly dainty. Evelyn almost looks bigger than her and she’s four months (???) younger.

Grace is two months younger and Evelyn is 9 months younger. You can tell Evelyn is younger by her face. I used to work in a child development clinic (all babies came there regularly from 4 weeks to 2.5 years for vaccinationa, medical checks and developmental checks) so i've developed an eye for baby age ?

I"m irrationally annoyed by the bow on every single (almost) bald head. Addison seems to have got out of it somehow.

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic