IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!

samurai_sarah

I don’t think Anna has the system JB & Michelle had where young girls were put n loco parentis. I’m sure Mackynzie helps and I’m sure she’s being raised in the patriarchal way that her goal is to be a wife and mother and nothing else. Also, Anna has the Duggar house nearby with plenty of people to help out or just for her kids to play with other kids so she can catch a break

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

I wonder what Josh thinks about kid after kid?  Is it worth it to him if daddy and mommy provide all and Anna does all of the parenting? Has he returned to his old ways? If not he has to be miserable, right?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder what Josh thinks about kid after kid?

Based solely on the pictures posted on his wife's instagram - I'd say that he is not too happy. His smile never reaches his eyes. I don't think this is the life he wanted.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

Just putting this here so we have it in the current thread because there’s been talk about when Anna typically announces. According to Duggar Data, Anna’s pregnancies with Michael and Meredith were both announced at 8 weeks 4 days, Maryella was announced at roughly 10 weeks, Mackynzie was 12 weeks 6 days, and Marcus was 27 weeks 3 days.
Duggar Data doesn’t have the exact information on Mason because apparently his due date was unknown, but per 19 Kids and Counting Wiki they announced Anna’s pregnancy with him on March 17 and he was born September 12, 2017 so she was probably about 3 months or 12-13 weeks pregnant.

• Upvote 12
  • Move Along 1
  • Thank You 6

Josh supposedly wanted to be a lawyer and he seemed to be set to follow JB into politics. Now I don’t know if he’d ever actually have made it at either given he’s always come across as lazy and arrogant but he lives in his warehouse watching Derick fulfill the lawyer dream, Jed try his hand at politics and Jessa replace him as the most favoured on Counting On.

Meanwhile Anna keeps dressing up the kids for Instagram and trying to pretend all is well. Of course if he didn’t want more children he could say so and by their rules Anna would have to go along with it but I suspect he knows she’d go blabbing to his parents who are desperate to keep Anna happy in case she tells all. He’s stuck. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:Of course if he didn’t want more children he could say so and by their rules Anna would have to go along with it but I suspect he knows she’d go blabbing to his parents who are desperate to keep Anna happy in case she tells all. He’s stuck. 

I wonder if he’ll put his foot down after #8 ( if they have another). He could have a vasectomy without discussing it with Anna. 
If he really aspired to becoming a lawyer he could do it but it would take at least 6 years (initial degree followed by law school), extreme self-discipline, phenomenal time management in order to balance school, studying, working to provide for his family and being a father. I don’t think that Josh has the drive to accomplish this. In all fairness it would be a huge struggle for almost anyone. Derrick already had a degree before starting law school and only two children; he was also accustomed to studying.  It would be much more of an uphill battle for Josh. 

• Upvote 14
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 8

@Angelface I agree entirely but it was the arrogant younger Josh who thought he could become a lawyer- he probably had no idea what it involved as he had been homeschooled on a very limited curriculum and taught that ‘Duggartime’ was acceptable. I think he would have struggled in college. 
If the scandal hadn’t broken I think he could have ridden the crest of Trump’s wave and got elected as something or other.

• Upvote 20
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 8

Why is Anna trying so hard? You can have as many blessings as you like but your husband is still a child molester. You can have the most carefully curated social media and fancy hairdos on your kids, but you’re still married to a child molester.

Like, things aren’t going to get any better Anna. This will never go away. What are you trying to do here? Stay with him if you must, but do it quietly. It’s never going to be okay with people.

• Upvote 19
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

If Ana's gonna keep having babies then she deserves to suffer the indignity of having people suggest she name it Madison on every Instagram announcement. Ana - you can put as much confetti as you want on the post, but everyone knows you're married to a cheating child molester

• Upvote 18

27 minutes ago, Irishy said:

Why is Anna trying so hard? You can have as many blessings as you like but your husband is still a child molester. You can have the most carefully curated social media and fancy hairdos on your kids, but you’re still married to a child molester.

Like, things aren’t going to get any better Anna. This will never go away. What are you trying to do here? Stay with him if you must, but do it quietly. It’s never going to be okay with people.

She’s trying hard because it does impress the people who matter to her.   From her perspective she has two choices: stand by her man and forever get praises for being a godly wife and a shining example of god’s forgiveness. Or divorce him and lose everything she’s ever known.  What worldly people think of her has little importance.  

• Upvote 44
  • I Agree 2

If anything, those comments don’t make Anna stop and think. She most likely rolls her eyes, pities them, and moves on with her life. She is doing everything right in her eyes and she has an amazing redemption story to tell. She is going to receive riches in glory for the choices she has made. She believes she is living her best life. 

Sidenote: it squicks me out when people call Josh a child molestor. He is 100% a molestor, but I feel like proper terminology matters, here. 

• Upvote 24

1 hour ago, Angelface said:

I wonder if he’ll put his foot down after #8 ( if they have another). He could have a vasectomy without discussing it with Anna. 
If he really aspired to becoming a lawyer he could do it but it would take at least 6 years (initial degree followed by law school), extreme self-discipline, phenomenal time management in order to balance school, studying, working to provide for his family and being a father. I don’t think that Josh has the drive to accomplish this. In all fairness it would be a huge struggle for almost anyone. Derrick already had a degree before starting law school and only two children; he was also accustomed to studying.  It would be much more of an uphill battle for Josh. 

I don’t think he could ever become a lawyer. First, he had a poor basic education, no instruction after a 6th or 7th grade level.  No higher math, science or writing instruction which all  reinforce critical thinking and logic skills. Zero work ethic or evidence of discipline. No way would this guy even be admitted to law school.

• Upvote 27

5 hours ago, browngrl said:

Based solely on the pictures posted on his wife's instagram - I'd say that he is not too happy. His smile never reaches his eyes. I don't think this is the life he wanted.

While everyone is soo relieved he quit acting out (which when children are regarded as commodities and no one cares about their individuality unless it fits into the bigger agenda) who is surprised when kids act out?

5 hours ago, browngrl said:

While everyone is relieved he quit (getting caught), who is surprised in a family where children are regarded as commodities and whose individual needs and desires do not matter, that the Duggars had a kid acting out? He probably would have been better off had he not been paired up with someone who loves being a Duggar and ws so doggedly determined to live the fundie life, no matter the cost.

• Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I don’t think he could ever become a lawyer. First, he had a poor basic education, no instruction after a 6th or 7th grade level.  No higher math, science or writing instruction which all  reinforce critical thinking and logic skills. Zero work ethic or evidence of discipline. No way would this guy even be admitted to law school.

Josh strikes me as one of the many who sees being a lawyer (or a doctor, or any other profession) as easy and prestigious based on what they’ve seen on TV. He may also have seen it as opening political or business doors. He has zero idea of what law practice actually entails, and even less of the amount of work and discipline needed to succeed as an attorney. I also suspect his ethics are - fluid, to put it delicately, and would get him into trouble at some point. He would never have made it through law school, and the profession is far better off without him.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, postscript said:

Josh strikes me as one of the many who sees being a lawyer (or a doctor, or any other profession) as easy and prestigious based on what they’ve seen on TV. He may also have seen it as opening political or business doors. He has zero idea of what law practice actually entails, and even less of the amount of work and discipline needed to succeed as an attorney. I also suspect his ethics are - fluid, to put it delicately, and would get him into trouble at some point. He would never have made it through law school, and the profession is far better off without him.

I question whether any Duggar could make it in college (not even law school) with their education...wasn't a 6th or 7th grader still doing basic times tables....a few years back

• Upvote 17

If Josh were a lawyer I could see him defending sexual harassers and rapists using BS sexist arguments and not winning a single case. It would be great to see a female lawyer hand his pathetic ass to him in court.

Did this thread even go hot once since Anna's blessed announcement? Duggar breeding is oficially old news.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Did this thread even go hot once since Anna's blessed announcement? Duggar breeding is oficially old news.

No. People have been speculating for a few weeks already so it was pretty much a non-event. 

• Upvote 8

5 hours ago, Angelface said:

If he really aspired to becoming a lawyer he could do it but it would take at least 6 years (initial degree followed by law school),

In the US, law school is traditionally 3 years, if you go full time. Joint degree programs (e.g., JD/MBA) are typically 4 years. I'm not sure if any accredited law schools are exploring an accelerated curriculum, but it wouldn't surprise me to see something like that in the future. Right now, I'm hiring interns that are still on the traditional path.

In some states, you can still "read the law" and take the bar exam after a period of study under the supervision of a practicing attorney. Kim Kardashian was rumored to be pursuing this at one point.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder what Josh thinks about kid after kid?  Is it worth it to him if daddy and mommy provide all and Anna does all of the parenting? Has he returned to his old ways? If not he has to be miserable, right?

Before getting married, he said (in different ocasions) that he would be happy if God send them just 1 or 2 kids. It was pretty obvious he didn't dreamed of a big family, conversely to Anna. 

• Upvote 12

Both Josh and Anna have to be utterly miserable and unhappy. She perceives herself as stuck with an ill matched partner and pumping out child after child. I think the only decisions that he has made solely on his own is when he has acted out.

I don’t know how either one of them keeps on this path. You only go around once, and they just take being unhappy...must be putting all their eggs in the heaven basket.

• Upvote 7

Josh was very young when he got married and probably had ambitions - they were at the height of their fame and he no doubt envisaged an easy life.

While he may not have wanted the large family they seem destined to have, I suppose he and Anna probably think at some point JB & M will hand over the big house to them and he’ll be in charge. I’m sure that’s Anna’s fantasy even if it means caring for Pops and Lollie in their dotage.

• Upvote 15

36 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Before getting married, he said (in different ocasions) that he would be happy if God send them just 1 or 2 kids. It was pretty obvious he didn't dreamed of a big family, conversely to Anna. 

Then he married the wrong women. I’m more and more leaning towards him being pushed into a marriage to try and keep him settled and out of trouble. And how he and Anna may not have been well suited. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 7

37 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Both Josh and Anna have to be utterly miserable and unhappy. She perceives herself as stuck with an ill matched partner and pumping out child after child. I think the only decisions that he has made solely on his own is when he has acted out.

She perceives herself* as being a good Christian wifey in a wonderful marriage doing the duty she vowed to God by giving her husband and therefore her God good Christian children.

She is* stuck with an ill-matched parter and pumping out child after child, which she chooses to continue as above. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

While he may not have wanted the large family they seem destined to have, I suppose he and Anna probably think at some point JB & M will hand over the big house to them and he’ll be in charge. I’m sure that’s Anna’s fantasy even if it means caring for Pops and Lollie in their dotage.

This. I think they're aiming for the TTH, and they will probably get it. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic