IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!

samurai_sarah

On 11/10/2020 at 12:14 AM, indianabones said:

They use Covenant Eyes.

I had reason to look into internet monitoring software in my real life recently. Covenant Eyes is expensive. In fact, it is easily the most expensive of the options I looked at. I wonder why most fundies choose it over some of the more affordable options, especially considering they likely have multiple devices that need surveillance. Almost all of the other choices are equally Jesusy in their marketing and promotional materials, so I don't think it's that.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, Angelface said:

I’m not sure that I agree. Anna herself wanted to wait until she was 20 before engagement or marriage which is why Josh proposed on her 20th birthday. I hope that she will allow Mackynzie to wait until SHE wats to marry. 

My memory is that her parents wanted her to be at least 20 before she got married or engaged. It was their wish, not hers. Also Anna is the one who said on Counting On that the Duggar family rules were 18 and over. (Of course Justin was younger than 18). I think Anna will be fine with Mackynzie courting once she's 18. 

2 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I could completely see Anna wanting to marry off McKenzie early for that reason - especially if none of the younger Duggar girls are married yet (unlikely, but very possible) . Anna just isn’t going to have 10+ Babies and little kids all running around at the same time, unless her fertility changes drastically. And even if she does end up with an overwhelming number- there’s an endless supply of aunties, uncles and cousins within yelling distance who can lend a hand. 

This conversation made me wonder though - if some of these eldest daughters who stay at home longer don’t really enjoy that second in command role. Sure it’s an insane amount of work, but for some more introverted, but bossy, capable types of personalities they might really like the perks of being almost in charge, closer  to their parents than the other kids, getting to plan organize, delegate, but not having to handle everything on their own- so get some space/time for hobbies as they get older.  Definitely not for everyone- or most people - but I’m thinking of one of my granddaughters who if she had been born into this type of gigantic family would have liked that role. 

She has 6 kids and she's 32. If she keeps having babies every other year, that's 10 kids around 40 and maybe one or two kids after 40. 

However she would have tons of help from other people and Meredith will be old enough to be real help once Mackynzie is 18 or older. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 7

4 hours ago, Joe Pukepail said:

I had reason to look into internet monitoring software in my real life recently. Covenant Eyes is expensive. In fact, it is easily the most expensive of the options I looked at. I wonder why most fundies choose it over some of the more affordable options, especially considering they likely have multiple devices that need surveillance. Almost all of the other choices are equally Jesusy in their marketing and promotional materials, so I don't think it's that.

Jim Bob and Michelle used to promote it in all of their interviews and (I think) some episodes of 19 Kids and Counting. They probably have a free subscription in exchange for the promotions.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 4

@Mama Mia, I actually think that's the case for Jana who strikes me as both introverted and bossy. I think she generally enjoys her "lot" in life. I never thought she was sacrificing herself for the sake the little girls or trying to subvert her fertility. I think her family is her comfort zone, and I think she is "zealous" believer in the  family cult. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 11

I think the St Jana and Cinder Jana line needs to be put to rest once and for all. Nothing to support such theories and plenty of evidence to the contrary. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 8

Plenty of oldest/er daughters in large families who are forced to parent and handmaiden decide to forego those aspects in their adult lives. Unfortunately in JB’s cult that lifestyle and life goal is not an option for Jana. So, she avoids all the shit she’s already done and lives with her parents. No headship, no being joyfully available, no endless pregnancies and diapers. Really, if she could get her own room and a little power tool, she could be living a fully satisfying and healthy life, especially if she buys into all the religious stuff. I’d rather have  Jana’s life than Kendra’s.  Kendra is aging before our eyes. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

“Kendra is ageing before our eyes”.

Sadly this seems to be the case. Not even three years on from her wedding and three pregnancies have robbed Kendra of her youthful bloom. I really hope that she has a huge gap, say 5 years, before baby number four but I think that she will keep going at break neck speed at least until she reaches number 10. There is no need for so many poorly spaced pregnancies. However will she manage to homeschool? It makes me angry that both sets of parents encourage this exploitation of a lovely young girl. 

Edited by Angelface
Missed out the quote
  • Upvote 10
  • Sad 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Angelface said:

“Kendra is ageing before our eyes”.

Sadly this seems to be the case. Not even three years on from her wedding and three pregnancies have robbed Kendra of her youthful bloom. I really hope that she has a huge gap, say 5 years, before baby number four but I think that she will keep going at break neck speed at least until she reaches number 10. There is no need for so many poorly spaced pregnancies. However will she manage to homeschool? It makes me angry that both sets of parents encourage this exploitation of a lovely young girl. 

To me, Kendra looks and seems like she would have made an excellent kindergarten teacher had she been given the opportunity to go to college and pursue an education degree.  What a sad waste of potential.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 21

• 1 month later...

Susannah just posted family pics from a Florida beach house. I’m inclined to say it looks kind of like a girls trip. Though Nurie and the Keller husband are there and another male I don’t recognise. Pris and the other non fundie sister are there as well as the mum and I only saw daughters, Mack and Davia, no sons. Anna was in a hot tub. The non fundie cousins have bikinis on. 
Edit to add I think I spotted Pris’s youngest. That’s a boy right? Might have been to you g to leave at home (breastfeeding maybe) if it’s truly a girls weekend.  
looks like they were down there for her baby shower 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 2

Susannah just posted family pics from a Florida beach house. I’m inclined to say it looks kind of like a girls trip. Though Nurie and the Keller husband are there and another male I don’t recognise. Pris and the other non fundie sister are there as well as the mum and I only saw daughters, Mack and Davia, no sons. Anna was in a hot tub. The non fundie cousins have bikinis on. 
Edit to add I think I spotted Pris’s youngest. That’s a boy right? Might have been to you g to leave at home (breastfeeding maybe) if it’s truly a girls weekend.  

Susanna posted (private account) with photos of the ‘Momosa’ bar and other forbidden things at the baby shower for Nash. I wonder what Jill thinks of Nurie at an event featuring alcohol ...
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Anna was in a hot tub? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

Was it definitely alcohol? A momosa bar with sparkling cider and different juices would be a super cute baby shower idea.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Was it definitely alcohol? A momosa bar with sparkling cider and different juices would be a super cute baby shower idea.

Spoiler

C6635130-9E62-4177-A37A-E61BD10571CE.thumb.jpeg.8fc722a1c0415d7eb99c904b809982ae.jpeg

I don’t recognise the brands... but it looks real to me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Anna was in a hot tub? 

She was, but I don't think we should take this a definitive proof she is not pregnant. I spent time in the hot tub when I was pregnant with #2 as I felt a little more confident to take calculated risks so I just went in for short bursts at a lower than typical temperature. Similarly, I ate freshly made sushi that contained cooked meats. If I made it to seven kids, who knows what risks I would have been comfortable taking?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Hide contents

C6635130-9E62-4177-A37A-E61BD10571CE.thumb.jpeg.8fc722a1c0415d7eb99c904b809982ae.jpeg

I don’t recognise the brands... but it looks real to me. 

According to Google, the one with the blue label on it is a sparkling wine that has 11.5% ABV, so it’s definitely alcoholic. I’m sure that Nurie and Anna abstained from drinking due to pregnancy for Nurie and personal beliefs for Anna. But man I’d love to see JRod’s face when she realized Nurie’s SIL served alcohol at a baby shower!

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

The new Counting On special makes it pretty clear that Anna is pregnant. Plus, Michelle talks about being excited for "new babies" coming this spring.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, indianabones said:

The new Counting On special makes it pretty clear that Anna is pregnant. Plus, Michelle talks about being excited for "new babies" coming this spring.

WTF?

Kendra had her baby in February. Jessa said she was due in Summer

So who's giving birth in the spring?

Of course Michelle may be mixed up or just foreshadowing pregnancy announcements. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, adidas said:

Or Anna might be having twins. 

I can totally see them announcing that Anna has given birth to their first two twin grandchildren without anyone ever mentioning that she was pregnant. It's a lot easier to criticize a pregnancy than it is to talk smack about two newborn babies.

All aboard the speculation bus!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

Can anyone do some screen shots please? This is not available to see here yet 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

WTF?

Kendra had her baby in February. Jessa said she was due in Summer

So who's giving birth in the spring?

Of course Michelle may be mixed up or just foreshadowing pregnancy announcements. 

Anna,  Abby , Lauren or even possibly Jill if anyone is.  All about due, no pun intended 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

Jill posted recent family pictures - if she is pregnant, she wouldn't be due in spring. 

Abbie was viewed in photos that Hilary posted from the wedding - again, if she's pregnant, she wouldn't be due in spring. 

I think Anna is 100% pregnant but I sure hope it's not twins. 

• Upvote 9

Screenshots are under the spoiler. Those were the best two I could get of Anna (she's in the background of the second one, that's the only shot where she's shown from the side).

I think that Jessa's due in June and that's the other baby Michelle is talking about.

Spoiler

1704530094_Screenshot_20210331-0952362.thumb.png.59b080213670215d68be5dbdd138ff44.pngScreenshot_20210331-095551.thumb.png.61b81f354d2f8bcab296c15eed0329ec.pngScreenshot_20210331-095846.thumb.png.2715e12e4d4e53001d65db00e56a0a75.pngScreenshot_20210331-095913.thumb.png.9097c588edd5d30bf66f21fd50220e78.pngScreenshot_20210331-095937.thumb.png.d619f76a537eb84afaa26998251e1962.png

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 14

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic