IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Election Day Discussion

fraurosena

I’ve broken out the alcohol. Drinking by myself at 3am in front of the TV is not a great feeling. 

4 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I am stressing out and I'm not in the US and Nigel Farage can stay away from the UK. 

If Trump wins I think we should take Farage back, little as I want him, the US will have enough to worry about.

If Trump loses then we can send them into exile together.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It's rare that I feel bad about being single but tonight I am … I seriously need someone to hold me and tell me it will be okay.

Not comparable, I know, but I promise you are going to be ok. Your garden will still be there tomorrow, your pet if you have one, your bookcases, the sun will rise like every day, and your neighbors will want to share some gossip. Trump is not going to declare war on China, even if he is reelected. You will be fine. Your community will be fine. Your country too, I am quite sure. If the past four years of US politics have taught me anything, it's that your democratic institutions are rock solid.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 7

1 minute ago, meep said:

I've already seen references to a civil war. At this point, in 2020, I could see that happening. And at this point, I'm not totally against it. 

I have too.  I am not kidding about being in favor of a split, but obviously I am not in favor of violence and would want it negotiated.

I know it's not possible, I'm just so upset I'm reaching for a solution to what seems to be an unsolvable problem.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I have too.  I am not kidding about being in favor of a split, but obviously I am not in favor of violence and would want it negotiated.

I know it's not possible, I'm just so upset I'm reaching for a solution to what seems to be an unsolvable problem.

What scares me is I can either see the Republicans trying to change the Constitution to allow Trump another term in 2024, F@#*$* Carlson running and winning, or either Don Jr or Ivanka Trump. I hate to be a negative Nelly here friends but I think we are completely fornicated.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

Just now, ignorantobserver said:

Not comparable, I know, but I promise you are going to be ok. Your garden will still be there tomorrow, your pet if you have one, your bookcases, the sun will rise like every day, and your neighbors will want to share some gossip. Trump is not going to declare war on China, even if he is reelected. You will be fine. Your community will be fine. Your country too, I am quite sure. If the past four years of US politics have taught me anything, it's that your democratic institutions are rock solid.

I love you for the comfort, but I no longer believe the bolded anymore.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 1

NATHANIEL RAKICH

NOV. 3, 10:09 PM

In case you still harbored any hope of getting a projection in Pennsylvania tonight, 274,000 mail ballots in Philadelphia County won’t be counted until tomorrow at the earliest. These votes are likely to be overwhelmingly for Biden.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5

Just now, Topaz said:

I’ve broken out the alcohol. Drinking by myself at 3am in front of the TV is not a great feeling. 

If Trump wins I think we should take Farage back, little as I want him, the US will have enough to worry about.

If Trump loses then we can send them into exile together.

I vote they both go to island in exile together regardless of the result and take Boris and Co too

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

What scares me is I can either see the Republicans trying to change the Constitution to allow Trump another term in 2024, F@#*$* Carlson running and winning, or either Don Jr or Ivanka Trump. I hate to be a negative Nelly here friends but I think we are completely fornicated.

I agree.  This isn't going to be a repeat of the last 4 years.  The gloves will be off and we may very well become a dictatorship.

He signed an Executive order recently to put patriotic and pro-American curriculum in schools.   The indoctrination already started.  

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

Saw on Facebook...

”Feels like the whole country is on Maury waiting to find out who’s the father” ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11

It‘s past 4am here and I‘m gonna try to sleep. Stay safe everyone and fingers crossed for a miracle!

• Upvote 5
  • Love 9

I'm watching the CNN livestream, and as terrifying as all the red is, having the analysts break it down and point out the percentages counted and where they're coming from is reassuring to me. They keep reiterating that it's not over until it's over, that it has not all been counted, and that we can expect things to change back and forth several times especially in battleground states.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

HOLD ON everybody!

Whatever happened to not knowing on election night what the results are? That it could be days or weeks before we know?

This is not a done deal.

Also, it is the Senate that matters most. Keep that in mind.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 4

I’ve been quietly following the thread but I changed my TV to the Godfather part 2 AMC

Truthfully I’ve had a bad feeling about the election for a few weeks now. It was just a feeling I couldn’t shake that the polls were going to be wrong again like 2016.  I think people straight out lied when they answered the polls because they didn’t want to admit they were going to vote for this freak.

I feel as sick as the rest of you. 

I want to be wrong. I am praying I am wrong. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

Just now, Audrey2 said:

@fraurosena, @HerNameIsBuffy, @GreyhoundFan, @Destiny, @47of74@formergothardite and others, thank you for keeping me going throughout the last nightmarish four years. Sadly, it looks like I'm going to need you four more.

Gods I hope not. There's still hope. Don't give up yet. It's 2020, things are weird. 

It's interesting how much faster Faux News is calling stuff. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/upshot/network-race-call-tracker.html

• Upvote 5

Especially if it's true that they've barely counted PA's 350,000+ mail-in ballots and they are saving it to tomorrow. That's an important state. 

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

@fraurosena, @HerNameIsBuffy, @GreyhoundFan, @Destiny, @47of74@formergothardite and others, thank you for keeping me going throughout the last nightmarish four years. Sadly, it looks like I'm going to need you four more.

Backatcha.  Can we form our own country?  We won't agree on everything in the details, but we'd have the same main objectives and can work stuff out with reasonable discussions.  Seriously - I'd move there tomorrow.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 6

Just now, meep said:

Especially if it's true that they've barely counted PA's 350,000+ mail-in ballots and they are saving it to tomorrow. That's an important state. 

Very much this. I don't think we will know tonight with this in mind. This matters. A lot. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic