IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Election Day Discussion

fraurosena

I'm just really confused about mail-in ballots. I've seen some stuff saying we won't really know until days afterwards but they are going ahead announcing states already anyways. And I imagine most Gen Z & millenials have in fact voted by mail and have not voted in person. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, meep said:

I'm just really confused about mail-in ballots. I've seen some stuff saying we won't really know until days afterwards but they are going ahead announcing states already anyways. And I imagine most Gen Z & millenials have in fact voted by mail and have not voted in person. 

It varies by state.  Some states only require the absentee ballots to be postmarked by Nov. 3, so you can mail it in and it will be counted later. Some of these states don't even start counting them until the next day. Other states - like Florida - only count them if they are received by Nov 3.  My state doesn't even open them until a week after the election. 

Edited by Maggie Mae
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

4 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Does anyone have a link to the Arkansas State House results? 

Just wondering how bad Lil'Duggar is doing. 

I'm trying to watch it. Doesn't look like their county has reported in yet.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, meep said:

I think some of the states they are announcing were allowed to start counting the mail in ballots before polls closed and those results are included.

How is the senate looking?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Can we just chop off America's peen and move the rational people somewhere else and let the crazies live island life somewhere else?

I'd vote for that, but save our FL FJers first

• I Agree 10

9 minutes ago, meep said:

It’s because some states count upon receipt, some start counting before Election Day, and others don’t count until the day of or after (looking at you, PA). 

• Upvote 11

These polls just closed 8 min ago:

Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, South Dakota, Texas, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

2 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

It’s because some states count upon receipt, some start counting before Election Day, and others don’t count until the day of or after (looking at you, PA). 

This needs to be standardized at the federal level - ugh

• I Agree 15

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This needs to be standardized at the federal level - ugh

I think we should just lean into an election month - give everyone a month to vote. And also kill the two year + election season with some sort of regulation about how long each candidate can campaign and require candidates to spend time in every state. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Texas is still fucking blue. I know that's likely to change, but DAMN, that's interesting. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

I think we should just lean into an election month - give everyone a month to vote. And also kill the two year + election season with some sort of regulation about how long each candidate can campaign and require candidates to spend time in every state. 

and limit the freaking spending.  14 billion spent on this election...that is way too much money wasted on propaganda

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Just now, PsyD2013 said:

I just don’t get it. How the hell could a rational person vote for the orange fuck stick. 

I honest to Rufus can't understand how anyone could. He's insane and horrible and how any rational person could vote for him amazes me. We should already been headed for bed right now, or started the celebratory drinking. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Popping in again to say fingers are crossed over  here in Sydney Australia.  Oh and someone sensible took down the trump sign at the entrance to our suburb last night.  ?

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 6

8 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Ugh the length of US campaigns is exhausting. Here in Aus it’s like 8 weeks.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

10 minutes ago, PsyD2013 said:

I just don’t get it. How the hell could a rational person vote for the orange fuck stick. 

A combination of propaganda, social media algorithms determining where they get their news, peer pressure and lack of introspection. If all you ever see and hear is anti-Biden it’s not a stretch to believe it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Took a nap and now I can't sleep as expected. It's past 3am so I'm joining you guys and catching up. All fingers crossed!

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

CNN says 93% of the vote counted in Florida. They haven’t called it for Trump yet (on their website, at least) but it looks inevitable :(

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 6

2 minutes ago, Smee said:

CNN says 93% of the vote counted in Florida. They haven’t called it for Trump yet (on their website, at least) but it looks inevitable :(

Stupid florida, not doing their part of the group project. If we all fail because of them ... ARGH.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The N.C. race is way too close for comfort.

Despite Biden being ahead new york times is saying >90% it goes to trump

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Which is interesting because CNN doesn't seem to think so. I'm curious as to their rationale.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I think N.C. is going to go for Trump and I feel sick. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic