IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky

nelliebelle1197

5 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Between the three Hanson brothers who are well known, they have 15 children. One has 7. One is about to have their 5th. One has 3. Don't know about their non famous siblings and how many kids they have.

Hanson obsessed fan since 1997, right here!

Jessica has 3 boys, Avery has 1 boy, Mac has 1 boy, and Zoe has 1 boy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

So I just had kind of a scary Duggar fact dawn on me. With Justin's wedding they are one wedding away from tipping to more married children than non-married children.

This thread is just where that thought came to land.

Edited by Audrey2
Brain has already turned off and I got the wrong name
  • Upvote 22
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

So I just had kind of a scary Duggar fact dawn on me. With Justin's wedding they are one wedding away from tipping to more married children than non-married children.

Now you've got me considering weird marriage stats for the Duggar children. Interestingly, they're now actually even between the number of unmarried adult children and minor children at 5 of each, but the number of married adult children (9) well exceeds the number of unmarried adult children. Also Jackson, the next oldest kid after Justin, is 16, with a year and a few months to go before he turns 18, so the ratio of adult single children to minors will likely tip towards the minors sooner rather than later. Gah.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

3 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Now you've got me considering weird marriage stats for the Duggar children. Interestingly, they're now actually even between the number of unmarried adult children and minor children at 5 of each, but the number of married adult children (9) well exceeds the number of unmarried adult children. Also Jackson, the next oldest kid after Justin, is 16, with a year and a few months to go before he turns 18, so the ratio of adult single children to minors will likely tip towards the minors sooner rather than later. Gah.

They have Tyler living with them as well. He's a minor. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I still can't get over Justin being married.  My step-niece is a month older than Justin, is a senior in high school and reviewing her choice of colleges.  What a world of difference. 

And when you break it down individually it gets even scarier.  For example, Hannie will be 16 in October and if you go by Joy's timetable, she will be married and a mom within 5 years.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 13

12 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Jana is screwing with numbers, ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

They have Tyler living with them as well. He's a minor. 

I put Tyler in a gray area. Are they planning to adopt him? Is reunification with his mom her lifestyle improves the goal? Is Tyler just going to live with them?

Until I get these questions answered I'm going to leave him out of the 19 Duggar offspring equation.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Between the three Hanson brothers who are well known, they have 15 children. One has 7. One is about to have their 5th. One has 3. Don't know about their non famous siblings and how many kids they have. 

Sister Jessica has three, Mackenzie has one, Avery has one and is pregnant and Zoe has one. Thanks google! 

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I put Tyler in a gray area. Are they planning to adopt him? (unsure) Is reunification with his mom her lifestyle improves the goal? (no) Is Tyler just going to live with them? (no)

Until I get these questions answered I'm going to leave him out of the 19 Duggar offspring equation.

The Duggars have permanent custody. With permanent custody, it would be very hard for his mother to win custody of him back. She would probably have to fight the Duggars in court and that doesn't seem likely.

In the meantime, he is being treated like the rest of the family including having the same lousy education.

In terms of JB and Michelle as parents (they seem to be terrible parents right now), they have responsbility towards their 5 minor children and the 1 minor child they are guardians for. He should certainly be counted as their responsibility. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The Duggars have permanent custody. With permanent custody, it would be very hard for his mother to win custody of him back. She would probably have to fight the Duggars in court and that doesn't seem likely.

In the meantime, he is being treated like the rest of the family including having the same lousy education.

In terms of JB and Michelle as parents (they seem to be terrible parents right now), they have responsbility towards their 5 minor children and the 1 minor child they are guardians for. He should certainly be counted as their responsibility. 

Agreed! I'll be really surprised if people mag cares to cover his wedding though. What's that headline gonna look like? "Michelle Duggar's great nephew marries generic fundy woman" ???

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

On 2/27/2021 at 4:12 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

And when you break it down individually it gets even scarier.  For example, Hannie will be 16 in October and if you go by Joy's timetable, she will be married and a mom within 5 years

She can be married in 2 years and a half and be a mom in 3 years and a half. And, sadly, nobody would be surprised.

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

On 2/27/2021 at 11:41 PM, lezajenda said:

Agreed! I'll be really surprised if people mag cares to cover his wedding though. What's that headline gonna look like? "Michelle Duggar's great nephew marries generic fundy woman" ???

I think he would have to marry one of the Bates' girls to get even close to an article.

• Upvote 8

On 2/27/2021 at 7:44 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm intrigued that the Duggars got custody of Tyler. I'd have thought being in a home with THAT many kids plus their track record of handling sibling sexual abuse badly, plus their high public profile/TV appearances, plus their shitty levels of education would all be black marks against them when it came to assessing for Tyler's best interests. I'm assuming this is an official placement if they have been awarded permanent custody, not just a family arrangement.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

I'm intrigued that the Duggars got custody of Tyler. I'd have thought being in a home with THAT many kids plus their track record of handling sibling sexual abuse badly, plus their high public profile/TV appearances, plus their shitty levels of education would all be black marks against them when it came to assessing for Tyler's best interests. I'm assuming this is an official placement if they have been awarded permanent custody, not just a family arrangement.

Yes, the Duggars’ guardianship of Tyler is official, as in arranged through the state. Tabloids have published some of the paperwork. 

Tyler is family, so kinship placements are preferred over foster care when possible. Permanent legal guardianship also gives him more stability. While I agree they are shitty parents, this is probably something that Tyler’s mother Rachel and grandmother Carolyn preferred vs. sending him to a stranger’s home. There’s no evidence that either objected to his placement. 

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
Words
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yes, the Duggars’ guardianship of Tyler is official, as in arranged through the state. Tabloids have published some of the paperwork. 

Tyler is family, so kinship placements are preferred over foster care when possible. Permanent legal guardianship also gives him more stability. While I agree they are shitty parents, this is probably something that Tyler’s mother Rachel and grandmother Carolyn preferred vs. sending him to a stranger’s home. There’s no evidence that either objected to his placement. 

totally understand that a kinship placement is preferable, I'm just genuinely surprised that the state assessed the TTH as appropriate. Not necessarily because of the Duggars' beliefs or lifestyle - which many people share I'm sure - more because what I know of the UK system is that they have an eye to the sort of thing I mentioned. Plus a requirement for guardians/carers/foster parents able to devote one-to-one time to the child, and preferably a room of their own, certainly not one shared with the children of the 'host' family.  I don't think Tyler has those things which is why I'm curious that the placement was felt to be overall in his best interests.

It might be wonderful for him to be absorbed into a pack of howlers, but it might equally be awful - it just seems a bold step.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AprilQuilt said:

totally understand that a kinship placement is preferable, I'm just genuinely surprised that the state assessed the TTH as appropriate. Not necessarily because of the Duggars' beliefs or lifestyle - which many people share I'm sure - more because what I know of the UK system is that they have an eye to the sort of thing I mentioned. Plus a requirement for guardians/carers/foster parents able to devote one-to-one time to the child, and preferably a room of their own, certainly not one shared with the children of the 'host' family.  I don't think Tyler has those things which is why I'm curious that the placement was felt to be overall in his best interests.

It might be wonderful for him to be absorbed into a pack of howlers, but it might equally be awful - it just seems a bold step.

Kinship overrides the normal rules, especially when Tyler’s mom supported it. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Kinship overrides the normal rules, especially when Tyler’s mom supported it. 

Additionally, as far as I know, CPS laws in my state only require separate bedrooms for sex- so one female and one male room is acceptable. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Belugaloo said:

Additionally, as far as I know, CPS laws in my state only require separate bedrooms for sex- so one female and one male room is acceptable. 

And how many boys are left in the "boys'" room anyway? Jedidiah and Jeremiah (both 22) supposedly have a shared house now (questionable, but still), Jason is 20, James is 19, Justin (18) is now married and out of the house, and that leaves Jackson at 16 plus Tyler at 14.  At MOST there were previously 7 guys in the space, and at this point it's more likely a max of 4. 

Yes, the Duggars keep harping on having 19 children, but only a max of 10 (plus Tyler) live there now and probably less. Honestly, they never had more than 17 officially living with them at one time, since Josh got married and moved out before Jordyn and Josie were even born! Anna moved back in with her kids while Josh was in "rehab", but by that point several of the other adult children had also moved out, so they've never had all 19 (or 20) ever living with them in the big house at the same time.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

So in my county my department (Probation) does investigations and home study's for adoption cases. I'm not sure why it's Probation and not DSS but we do. We do mostly step-parent and other family adoptions through foster care but not exclusively. When we do a home study we only have to show there are no safety issues (we have to make sure there are smoke detectors, CO2 monitors, proper railings, ect) and that the child has a room, shared is okay, with their own bed and space. 

• Thank You 5

12 minutes ago, Sullie06 said:

So in my county my department (Probation) does investigations and home study's for adoption cases. I'm not sure why it's Probation and not DSS but we do. We do mostly step-parent and other family adoptions through foster care but not exclusively. When we do a home study we only have to show there are no safety issues (we have to make sure there are smoke detectors, CO2 monitors, proper railings, ect) and that the child has a room, shared is okay, with their own bed and space. 

ah, this is interesting. Thank you. I'm speaking only as a lay person but here in the UK I've seen a couple of kinship placements declined because of things like lack of space and general family setup. A panel might approve a kinship placement on condition that certain changes are fulfilled, but they'd be looking at much of the same criteria as they would for regular foster carers/adopters.

Here, a child wouldn't be approved to share a bedroom with a non-related child, and even sharing with one sibling or close (child) relative would require a specific risk assessment to be in place. But an infant/toddler would be fine sharing with an adult caregiver.

Sorry, I don't mean to hog the thread. If the Duggars have been assessed as a good family for Tyler, that's great - no snark. I'm just surprised they'd have managed to jump through all the hoops I'd have expected.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

When my son was having problems as a teen I transferred legal guardianship to a person of my choice. It was a private legal agreement and CPS had no involvement. At least at that time in that state (New Jersey), it was different from foster care. I think relatives need to go through the licensing process and regulations for foster care only if they need state services for the child, such as, for example, grandparents who can't afford to care for them and the parents can't or won't provide financial support.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

From the Caldwells’ ig, it looks like Kendra and Brooklyn made it to Claritin’s out of state wedding 1 week after the birth ?

I mean, it doesn’t come as much of a surprise since Kendra was a bridesmaid for Lauren 3 weeks after giving birth to Garrett, but she still had to be super uncomfortable. Also, no one was wearing masks so I hope the freaking one week old didn’t get anything. 

Spoiler

F39D071E-DB8F-4EF0-8DF7-5819568572C4.thumb.jpeg.a34c51ad5f2fa3fd01c6af0e192649eb.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 5
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 5

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

From the Caldwells’ ig, it looks like Kendra and Brooklyn made it to Claritin’s out of state wedding 1 week after the birth ?

I mean, it doesn’t come as much of a surprise since Kendra was a bridesmaid for Lauren 3 weeks after giving birth to Garrett, but she still had to be super uncomfortable. Also, no one was wearing masks so I hope the freaking one week old didn’t get anything. 

Hide contents

F39D071E-DB8F-4EF0-8DF7-5819568572C4.thumb.jpeg.a34c51ad5f2fa3fd01c6af0e192649eb.jpeg

Boy this entire scenario is no win. Covid, fresh baby, recovering mom, close family member’s wedding. I think we would have probably sent dad with older kids to the wedding, and mom and baby would have stayed at home. Now, my husband could handle that, but could Joe? There would have been plenty of other adult hands between older Duggar sibs and the Caldwells. Too many people, too many patriarchal rules, too many PG women, too far to comfortably travel, too many ignorant people and barely useful dads. Poor Kendra needs to stop being so joyfully available.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic