IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

When Erin used the name Brooklyn wasn’t one of the younger sisters upset, saying it was a name she was planning to use? I think it was either Josie or Katie. 

Hands down favorite virtue name is Mercy. I don’t think fundies are generally into Puritanical virtue names. I doubt they know what the word Prudence even means. 

Christina Maxwell is Christina Mercy Maxwell. It's not so common in fundie land though.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

14 minutes ago, sparrow said:

Wow. So that’s the second Bontrager-Helfrich marriage then...the first being Allison and whatever her husband’s first name is. The Bontragers certainly don’t shy away from these intermarriages do they... Thinking of the Bowers double wedding. I know there’s technically nothing wrong with it. But it just strikes me as squicky... the sort of thing that happened a few generations ago when it was hard for young people to meet potential marriage candidates outside of their own immediate village. 

It certainly implies that family, religion and culture are huge components of picking a spouse for them, probably more important than attraction, personality matches etc. But that's true in many cultures and time so whatever.

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Here’s my BEC for today...like someone else mentioned, I tend to group the Dug-Bates as one big monopoly. I am disappointed that they don’t have more variety in their names. Too many Josies, Graces, Jacksons, Ci names, K names, Brooklyns Evie, Ivy, Evanges, Michaels, Davids, Garretts. Just too damn many. How about they mix in a Violet, Rebecca, Bryan or Brendan. Now we don’t need any more Spurgeons or Wilberforces either.

I think one of the reasons I love Josie Bates' names is that they're at the very least unique in the family! I appreciate that Ben and Jessa don't seem to be doing "family" names either, and now that they're older I don't think they'll be as ostentatious with their kids' names. 

I think the name Brooklyn Praise is perfectly tolerable, lol. Not predictable per se but absolutely unsurprising for JoKen ?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Here’s my BEC for today...like someone else mentioned, I tend to group the Dug-Bates as one big monopoly. I am disappointed that they don’t have more variety in their names. Too many Josies, Graces, Jacksons, Ci names, K names, Brooklyns Evie, Ivy, Evanges, Michaels, Davids, Garretts. Just too damn many. How about they mix in a Violet, Rebecca, Bryan or Brendan. Now we don’t need any more Spurgeons or Wilberforces either.

I'll dust off my cracker crumbs and agree with you.

I do find naming trends so interesting. You watch a new generation of women arrive at motherhood and all choose similar names, even when attempting to buck trends. I imagine a lot of the time it is due to positive associations from something cultural like novels or films. I wonder what kind of things could influence the fundie subculture with their naming trends.

• Upvote 9

I would have loved to name my daughter Honor, because it was the name of  my great-grandmother, who was from Ireland. And I love it as a name.  Other forms of it include Honora(h) and Nora(h).  But I was afraid that people might call her "Ho" for short!? Or mispronounce it "Ho-nore." I'm sorry now that I didn't at least give it to her as a middle name.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Speaking of two marriages between the same families, do we think Lauren maybe breaking off her engagement could lead to another Duggar/Caldwell marriage?  I watched WACB video on Kendra giving birth and she speculated about Lauren and a Duggar getting together. 

Edited by dawn9476
  • Eyeroll 8

22 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Speaking of two marriages between the same families, do we think Lauren maybe breaking off her engagement could lead to another Duggar/Caldwell marriage?  I watched WACB video on Kendra giving birth and she speculated about Lauren and a Duggar getting together. 

Katie tries to push the Lauren/Duggar boy narrative all the time. She just wants to claim that she called it. Sorry Katie, but that speculation has been around for years. ?

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

So why do you think Joe is tired? Do you actually think he’s caring for 2 kids under the age of 2?

Definitly not. Probably just had to miss some sleep during birth. 

I was a complete wreck after Miniway was born, wish some of the endorfins you guys are talking about had been thrown my way. I had been awake for 53 hours though ... 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, kiwi said:

Did Jessa and Ben announce on the day Kendra gave birth or was in labour? Distraction technique??

Jessa and Ben announced the day before Kendra gave birth. 

Kendra and Joe announced they were expecting on Joy's due date. Joy gave birth two days later to Evelyn.

The Duggars like to time announcements close together. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, nst said:

I was almost a mercedes :D

wasn't there a good book in the 80's about a prudence. 

I love the name Anastasia 

because Victoria at one point said he was conceived in Brooklyn new york. 

He wasn't conceived in New York, she was staying in Brooklyn with the Spice Girls when she discovered she was pregnant, David was still playing at the World Cup and told him before the match he would later get sent off in and blamed for England getting put out. She said in an interview with Ali G it was actually Denmark where he conceived, Denmark Beckham doesn't sound as good. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I love that idea - and I'm changing my name to 

Baby-sloth-onesie.jpg

I'm calling Lust! I managed to meet a fellow kinky freak on Tinder in October, despite it being a weird time to get physically close to people. Everything about us is in violation of fundie rules, and I feel blessed by all the hedonistic fun we've been enjoying.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

He wasn't conceived in New York, she was staying in Brooklyn with the Spice Girls when she discovered she was pregnant, David was still playing at the World Cup and told him before the match he would later get sent off in and blamed for England getting put out. She said in an interview with Ali G it was actually Denmark where he conceived, Denmark Beckham doesn't sound as good. 

I never thought of it before but Denmark would actually be a pretty great first name.

I love names....if I'd had 19 kids things would have gotten really interesting for mine.

43 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I'm calling Lust! I managed to meet a fellow kinky freak on Tinder in October, despite it being a weird time to get physically close to people. Everything about us is in violation of fundie rules, and I feel blessed by all the hedonistic fun we've been enjoying.

I need a congrats! reaction for this!

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

see how much I don't know about a group that I was never into

:D

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

As a heathen,  I  think I'll start a new naming trend using vices instead of virtues. I'll start with myself. I'm going with Gluttony. 

I shall have kreative twin girls, Envii and Heresii

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 20

13 hours ago, nst said:

I was almost a mercedes :D

wasn't there a good book in the 80's about a prudence. 

I love the name Anastasia 

because Victoria at one point said he was conceived in Brooklyn new york. 

Anastasia is my favorite name for a girl. If I ever had a daughter that would be her name. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I have a unique name, I don’t mind sharing it. It’s Taryn. In Canada I did meet a couple others that had my name, same spelling. Haven’t met a single person here in Germany with it and doubt I will. I get a lot of strange looks when introducing myself here, doesn’t help I have an Italian last name ?

Due to my Italian heritage I would love to name my sons Matteo and/or Luca. For a daughter I really like Chiara but I also like spelling it Kyara. Another name I like is Lilah. 

Out of all the fundies, so far I like Josie Bates kids names the best. Wonder how her future kids names will pan out. 

• Upvote 9

37 minutes ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

I have a unique name, I don’t mind sharing it. It’s Taryn. In Canada I did meet a couple others that had my name, same spelling. Haven’t met a single person here in Germany with it and doubt I will. I get a lot of strange looks when introducing myself here, doesn’t help I have an Italian last name ?

Due to my Italian heritage I would love to name my sons Matteo and/or Luca. For a daughter I really like Chiara but I also like spelling it Kyara. Another name I like is Lilah. 

Out of all the fundies, so far I like Josie Bates kids names the best. Wonder how her future kids names will pan out. 

I love the name Luca so much!  It was on my boy list with both of mine, but I nixed it because neither of us had any heritage where it would fit and it felt like stealing from another culture in a way (years before I'd ever heard the term cultural appropriation.) 

I also love the name Roman, but Polanski ruined that for me.   And Mica for a girl.  I knew a girl in highschool named Mica, not a friend just someone in another dorm, but the name has stuck with me as I loved it so much.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I love Luca for girls! In Germany you'd probably need a female middle name to accompany it since Luca is genderneutral/male.

Is Luca a German name as well?  I had only heard of it with people of Italian and (in one case) Argentinian descent.  My dad was born in Germany, had I known that would have totally been on the table.

No, it's not German, but it is quite popular here for boys and I also met a few little girls in the last years with the name Luca.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

I'm Canadian and have met at least one Taryn. Pretty name!

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I love the name Luca so much!  It was on my boy list with both of mine, but I nixed it because neither of us had any heritage where it would fit and it felt like stealing from another culture in a way (years before I'd ever heard the term cultural appropriation.) 

I also love the name Roman, but Polanski ruined that for me.   And Mica for a girl.  I knew a girl in highschool named Mica, not a friend just someone in another dorm, but the name has stuck with me as I loved it so much.

Wait, is Mica like the mineral? Or pronounced Meeka?

As a geologist I'm embarrassed to say I never thought of Mica as a human name. I like Jasper, Beryl, etc. But my true loves are fossils so maybe I need to look at some sweet sweet Latin names for extinct things...

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

As a geologist I'm embarrassed to say I never thought of Mica as a human name. I like Jasper, Beryl, etc. But my true loves are fossils so maybe I need to look at some sweet sweet Latin names for extinct things...

Like the mineral.  I know Mika Brzezinski pronounces her version Mee-ka but I don't like that variant.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I know a he - Micah. Drives me nuts because I'm always misspelling his name (my fingers want to type Michael). 

I liked a lot of Jacob, Issac, Benjamin etc - and then I met my husband who is Mennonite and I would have named my son after a million uncles and cousins had we gone that route. (they are big on biblical and repeating names, so a Jake & Anne get married and have a Jake and an Anne - who each marry an Anne and Jake respectively...) 

I don't know what I'd name a kiddo now if we had another. 

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic