IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Is Luca a German name as well?  I had only heard of it with people of Italian and (in one case) Argentinian descent.  My dad was born in Germany, had I known that would have totally been on the table.

Yep, Luca here is incredibly popular right now... Like #1 name for boys, I have three friends who named their sons Luca. As for girls, Isabella, Miranda and Luna are the top names here in Argentina. My unborn daughter's name is not that common here and I love that.

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Out of all the fundies, so far I like Josie Bates kids names the best. Wonder how her future kids names will pan out. 

I find it so interesting with these big familys what they name their kids and even more what the kids look like. It’s so facinating to see so many combinations of the same two genes. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

I'm Canadian and have met at least one Taryn. Pretty name!

Now I’m wondering if we’ve met ?? I am from Southern Ontario by the way ?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

I have a unique name, I don’t mind sharing it. It’s Taryn. In Canada I did meet a couple others that had my name, same spelling. Haven’t met a single person here in Germany with it and doubt I will. I get a lot of strange looks when introducing myself here, doesn’t help I have an Italian last name ?

Due to my Italian heritage I would love to name my sons Matteo and/or Luca. For a daughter I really like Chiara but I also like spelling it Kyara. Another name I like is Lilah. 

Out of all the fundies, so far I like Josie Bates kids names the best. Wonder how her future kids names will pan out. 

I went to school with a Taryn! ?

I also went to school with two Evan's - one male, one female.

In grade 2, we were paired with a 5th grader to conduct a mock election. My partner's name was Bambi.

Names are so interesting.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

I went to school with a Taryn! ?

I also went to school with two Evan's - one male, one female.

In grade 2, we were paired with a 5th grader to conduct a mock election. My partner's name was Bambi.

Names are so interesting.

I went to school with a Taryn too. I also went with a Love and Lezma

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Checking in from Australia to say I know a few Taryns. You'd likely only have one in a school but no one would do a double take over it. I'd say it is as common as a name like Tamara or Candace.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

@irish_dancing_canadian my pretty princess kitty is called Lilah! Also called lilah bear, grumples, Delilah, pretty pretty princess baby, sweet pea, precious one, smol, etc ?

I also love the name Anastasia! I realy wanted to name my eldest that, but she has a Belgian (sounds Dutch but no hyphens) surname that is 14 letters long! I would've loved to call her Valentina as she was born on Valentines day, but again, 14 letter surname, and trust me we've had enough spelling and pronunciation issues over the years without adding to it ?

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

On 2/23/2021 at 11:42 PM, dawn9476 said:

Speaking of two marriages between the same families, do we think Lauren maybe breaking off her engagement could lead to another Duggar/Caldwell marriage?  I watched WACB video on Kendra giving birth and she speculated about Lauren and a Duggar getting together. 

For the amount of times you mention WACB, I can only assume you're the one who runs that quackery. ?

23 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

I have a unique name, I don’t mind sharing it. It’s Taryn. In Canada I did meet a couple others that had my name, same spelling. Haven’t met a single person here in Germany with it and doubt I will. I get a lot of strange looks when introducing myself here, doesn’t help I have an Italian last name ?

Due to my Italian heritage I would love to name my sons Matteo and/or Luca. For a daughter I really like Chiara but I also like spelling it Kyara. Another name I like is Lilah. 

I'm from Canada as well and I know two Taryn's. It's a pretty name! My sister married an Italian and if they had a boy, they would have gone with Luca. It's a great name. I tried to convince her to go for a third and name the baby Luca regardless of sex but they're done at two. Funnily enough, my brother in law's brother's daughter's name is Chiara! 

• Upvote 5
  • Move Along 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, viii said:

I'm from Canada as well and I know two Taryn's. It's a pretty name! My sister married an Italian and if they had a boy, they would have gone with Luca. It's a great name. I tried to convince her to go for a third and name the baby Luca regardless of sex but they're done at two. Funnily enough, my brother in law's brother's daughter's name is Chiara! 

Isn't it rude when people refuse to have babies when you have perfectly wonderful names for them?!  I'm so with you on this.

I have a name in mind that I just love so much I feel bad I hadn't heard of it back when I was having my daughter or hands down it would have been her name.  She hates it and loves the name she got, so there goes any chance of it's use if she ever has a daughter.  

If I ever get another dog or cat the name is being used for sure.  It's definitely not a unisex name, but I an a neuter/spay kind of pet mom so what difference does it make.  Not like he'd get teased when he starts school...other dogs are cool like that.  

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Isn't it rude when people refuse to have babies when you have perfectly wonderful names for them?!  I'm so with you on this.

Right?! I wish I could name people's babies for a living. I LOVE names, and cringe at some people's choices. Thankfully all my nieces and nephew have really nice names. My sister was tempted to go with Capri Rayne with one of her daughter's but thankfully saw the light and went a different route ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, viii said:

Right?! I wish I could name people's babies for a living. I LOVE names, and cringe at some people's choices. Thankfully all my nieces and nephew have really nice names. My sister was tempted to go with Capri Rayne with one of her daughter's but thankfully saw the light and went a different route ?

OMG me and you - we have to start our own small business naming people's babies!  Even here on FJ where I have so much love for the posters,...they like some horrible names.  Those poor babies.  We have to keep people from naming wrong!

• Downvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

OMG me and you - we have to start our own small business naming people's babies!  Even here on FJ where I have so much love for the posters,...they like some horrible names.  Those poor babies.  We have to keep people from naming wrong!

There is actually a business for that ? Taylor Hanson and Zac Hanson's wives Natalie and Kate started their own naming business called Modern Moniker on Instagram. You have to pay money and they'll give you suggestions. I can't believe it's a real thing ??

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 19
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Checking in from Australia to say I know a few Taryns. You'd likely only have one in a school but no one would do a double take over it. I'd say it is as common as a name like Tamara or Candace.

I’ve always wanted to go to Australia, heck even experience living there for a bit. That’s so cool that my name is common there ? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, viii said:

There is actually a business for that ? Taylor Hanson and Zac Hanson's wives Natalie and Kate started their own naming business called Modern Moniker on Instagram. You have to pay money and they'll give you suggestions. I can't believe it's a real thing ??

I can't believe it either!  I could have been doing that instead of IT all these years?  What was I thinking ?

• Haha 9
  • Love 2

On 2/23/2021 at 12:44 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Both Brooklyn and Addison are still relatively popular names. Brooklyn was #52 for girls names in the US in 2019. Addison was #47 for girls in the US in 2019. 

All of the names have double letters. 

Taste is subjective. I really like Brooklyn, but not Sloane. Everybody has their own taste. 

I am in no means saying this is a theme Kendra is using...... but she could name her daughters in alphabetic order!  HEr next daughter could be Caitlin?

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I can't believe it either!  I could have been doing that instead of IT all these years?  What was I thinking ?

Lol go for it! There's even a celebrity baby name guru.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Lisamc7 said:

I am in no means saying this is a theme Kendra is using...... but she could name her daughters in alphabetic order!  HEr next daughter could be Caitlin?

Oh my word. What if her goal is to get to ZELDA or ZEBULON!! ??

Edited by fluffernutter
misspell
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

My friend just had her third. This is the first time I didn't have to pretend to like their name choice! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

There's also a specific catholic naming service. I love the blog posts about those consultations. They're really interesting. Sometimes there are some very outlandish names and sometimes i love them. Here: https://sanctanomina.net/baby-name-consultant/

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, medimus said:

There's also a specific catholic naming service. I love the blog posts about those consultations. They're really interesting. Sometimes there are some very outlandish names and sometimes i love them. Here: https://sanctanomina.net/baby-name-consultant/

I love this - bookmarking this for later.  I'll lose a lot of time there.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 2/24/2021 at 6:50 AM, Glasgowghirl said:

He wasn't conceived in New York, she was staying in Brooklyn with the Spice Girls when she discovered she was pregnant, David was still playing at the World Cup and told him before the match he would later get sent off in and blamed for England getting put out. She said in an interview with Ali G it was actually Denmark where he conceived, Denmark Beckham doesn't sound as good. 

We should be friends ?

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, viii said:

The Hansons are fundie-lite.

I've heard of other such businesses. It's hard to make them successful. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

Duggar Data estimates that Joe & Kendra are on pace to have 17 kids and baby 4 will be announced at the end of year with a June 2022 due date.  It would not shock me if she's pregnant with #4 while Joy is pregnant with #3 while Claire is with Baby #1.  Anna will be about to have #7 or just had #7. Lauren & Abbie could also be each be pregnant with their 2nd. 

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The Hansons are fundie-lite.

I've heard of other such businesses. It's hard to make them successful. 

Between the three Hanson brothers who are well known, they have 15 children. One has 7. One is about to have their 5th. One has 3. Don't know about their non famous siblings and how many kids they have. 

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic