IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 5: Talk About An October Surprise

GreyhoundFan

OK this is a dumb question.  If the Turd flees the country if he loses as some people are predicting what about his secret service detail.  Aren't they with him 24/7?  How is he going to sneak away from them.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

It is more imperative to flip the Senate than it is keeping Trump out of the White House. He can, and most definitely will be impeached again. Removal is assured.

Trump actually winning doesn’t worry me at all. Winning the Senate and keeping the House does.

Thanks, this is helpful for me to keep in mind. I’ve been so focused on the presidency I’ve completely forgotten the balance of power can still change, even if the toddler gets another term. 

• Upvote 8

21 minutes ago, K'Z'K said:

Except they're not.

They removed guns and ammo from stores in anticipation of protests over the killing of Walter Wallace Jr in Philadelphia. Then they put them back.

Oh ffs, seriously? I hope they have the whole lot looted then. And the rest of the store trashed for good measure.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, fraurosena said:

They are literally barricading themselves inside the White House. It will be extremely difficult to get them out when Trump loses. This is not going to end easily and might even lead to bloodshed.

I hope the Democrats are preparing too...

Well, good news and bad news: he has until January to leave if he loses. He can barricade himself in there all he wants tonight and tomorrow and it doesn't really bother me. It's what he does come January that I care about. 

Does anyone think there's a chance if Trump loses tomorrow he will just take his ball and go home? (i.e., go down to Mar-a-Lago and spend the rest of his term golfing and refuse to do any work?) It's petulant and entitled and so very on brand for him.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

42 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

OK this is a dumb question.  If the Turd flees the country if he loses as some people are predicting what about his secret service detail.  Aren't they with him 24/7?  How is he going to sneak away from them.

On tiptoe. 

More to the point, can they arrest him? I actually don't know what powers they have now I think about it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, nausicaa said:

go down to Mar-a-Lago and spend the rest of his term golfing and refuse to do any work?

Isn’t that precisely what he has been doing since he took office anyway?

Seriously though, I think he’ll be in hiding in his bunker. He judges others as he judges himself. He has riled up his base and incited them to violence. Of course he’s anticipating Dem voters to attack him. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, Ozlsn said:

On tiptoe. 

More to the point, can they arrest him? I actually don't know what powers they have now I think about it.

Secret Service can arrest people if they commit "an offense against the United States" in front of them. 

However, going to another country and just not fulfilling his duties as president isn't actually illegal I don't think? If you mean fleeing after the inauguration, I think he can refuse Secret Service detail if he wants. 

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

The Fuck Nugget campaign did it again yesterday.

You teach people that it's okay to treat you like dirt when you don't hold them accountable for their unacceptable behavior.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

11 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

You teach people that it's okay to treat you like dirt when you don't hold them accountable for their unacceptable behavior.

Absolutely. By not being removed from office when he was impeached he learned he can do anything and get away with anything he wants no matter what. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I think Candace and Tucker each have fewer than two brain cells.

But will she be wearing her Blexit tshirt when she casts her vote?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I am not one to make casual Hitler comparisons...but I imagine the fear of seeing how many of your fellow citizens support those heinous policies and how many more don't agree but are too afraid to take a stand might have more similarities than many want to admit.

If you want to hear something interesting, check out Stephen King's twitter feed from a few days ago, when he posted a brief video of himself being interviewed about having predicted a Trump-like/Hitler-like situation in the character of Greg Stillson, the politician in his 1979 book "The Dead Zone."

Also, about your comment about Trump threatening to fire Fauci:

I hope that if Trump wins, Fauci promptly retires.  He can always be a consultant in order to stay connected to whatever research he might want to continue, but after a career like he's had, he should not give Trump a chance to eliminate his pension nor smear his reputation nor to decide how his career should end.  Besides, he knows he won't be given an official government microphone during a second Trump administration.  But as a private citizen who is eminently respected by everyone with a brain, he can speak to the media all he wants while Trump would have no power to stop him.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

Popping in here to say I was absolutely appalled on my way home today to see that some idiot has put Trump signs and red balloons on the roundabout which is the entrance to my suburb. 
I live in suburban Australia.  We have no need for this.

• Sad 2
  • WTF 23

1 hour ago, Karma said:

Popping in here to say I was absolutely appalled on my way home today to see that some idiot has put Trump signs and red balloons on the roundabout which is the entrance to my suburb. 
I live in suburban Australia.  We have no need for this.

Oh for crying out loud. I hope someone is able to go and take them down. There are some idiots who seriously see this as fun.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Hi all, just popping in to say that my heart and thoughts are with everyone today. It's been so horrific watching from afar, I can't imagine how sane America's have felt through the last 4 years. It's terrifying how much violence that monster has ignited. 

Take care and stay safe

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 4

Take care everyone! Fingers crossed for a good outcome. Hugs from Europe.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 1

Thinking of you all. I hope you’re all voting if you haven’t already, and you’re able to distract yourselves with soothing things while we wait for the results. Fingers crossed for a blue senate too. 

• Love 14

Just under two hours till the first polling places open on the east coast. Good luck everyone.  I'll be watching the results from work tomorrow.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 2

Good luck everyone from the UK. I’ve got the day off tomorrow so I’ll be watching along as long as I can stay awake. Everything crossed for a blue tsunami.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 4

Good luck everyone from the UK. I’ve got the day off tomorrow so I’ll be watching along as long as I can stay awake. Everything crossed for a blue tsunami.

Me too! Will be glued to the screen in the hope of blue all the way. Rooting especially for Mark Kelly in AZ and hoping we won‘t have to see the faces of McTurtle, Devin Nunes and Gym Jordan again!
  • Upvote 12

1 hour ago, Smee said:

Thinking of you all. I hope you’re all voting if you haven’t already, and you’re able to distract yourselves with soothing things while we wait for the results.

I got the 7-day free trial on HBO yesterday.  Binge watched Chernobyl (in the vein of "things could be worse" distractions), going to watch a LOT of movies today to pass the time.  And probably some episodes of Six Feet Under, my all-time favorite show.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 10

Another Aussie wishing you well x x x

Everything crossed for a Biden/Harris win and safe, peaceful transfer of power.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Does anyone think there's a chance if Trump loses tomorrow he will just take his ball and go home? (i.e., go down to Mar-a-Lago and spend the rest of his term golfing and refuse to do any work?) It's petulant and entitled and so very on brand for him.

I've gone back and forth about this. Sometimes I think this is how he'll react. Sometimes I think he would throw the biggest fit ever and throw all his toys out of his play pen. I can also see him holding more klan rallies to feed his ego.

8 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I think he can refuse Secret Service detail if he wants. 

Yes, he can refuse Secret Service protection.

6 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

If you want to hear something interesting, check out Stephen King's twitter feed from a few days ago, when he posted a brief video of himself being interviewed about having predicted a Trump-like/Hitler-like situation in the character of Greg Stillson, the politician in his 1979 book "The Dead Zone."

I've actually thought about Stillson several times during the moron's administration. Stillson isn't an exact parallel, but close enough.  If you haven't read it, "The Dead Zone" is an excellent book. The movie made from it is also great, one of the best Stephen King movies. Christopher Walken plays the main character and Martin Sheen is Stillson.

58 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Can I ask, which tv station has the best coverage of the election?

Here in the US, I love PBS coverage, but also watch MSNBC and CNN. I normally flip back and forth between the three.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic