IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 5: Talk About An October Surprise

GreyhoundFan

10 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Well, good news and bad news: he has until January to leave if he loses. He can barricade himself in there all he wants tonight and tomorrow and it doesn't really bother me. It's what he does come January that I care about. 

Does anyone think there's a chance if Trump loses tomorrow he will just take his ball and go home? (i.e., go down to Mar-a-Lago and spend the rest of his term golfing and refuse to do any work?) It's petulant and entitled and so very on brand for him.

Stomping off to Maralago and slamming the door refusing to come out for dinner would be best case scenario.

On brand, but too much to hope for.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 8

I don't want to know who Twitler is when no one is watching. My imagination is bad enough.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

10 hours ago, nausicaa said:

... Does anyone think there's a chance if Trump loses tomorrow he will just take his ball and go home? (i.e., go down to Mar-a-Lago and spend the rest of his term golfing and refuse to do any work?) It's petulant and entitled and so very on brand for him.

Actually - IMHO that is better than doing damage from the White House - as long as his pronouncements don't get carried as news.

I doubt it will happen, though.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I'm not sure if I will be able to watch the results tonight.  Too nerve wracking.  I couldn't even watch the last few minutes of the Vikings-Packers game on Sunday.  Thanks for the well wishes from everybody here who I s not a US citizen.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, Karma said:

Popping in here to say I was absolutely appalled on my way home today to see that some idiot has put Trump signs and red balloons on the roundabout which is the entrance to my suburb. 
I live in suburban Australia.  We have no need for this.

I scratch my head enough at American Trump supporters. Who on earth would support him in another country?

Especially since his jingoist populist schtick often boils down to "other countries suck and we're gonna screw them over."

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Melanie voted this morning in West Palm Beach, FL. Where was Trump planning to be this evening? I thought I had heard DC. Wonder if she is flying up, or if she plans on missing any and all evening activities? The Covid certainly helped lighten her pre-election work schedule. Wonder how soon after their reign ends before she files ?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I don't want to know who Twitler is when no one is watching. My imagination is bad enough.

I think when no one is watching he's a lot closer to Jeffrey Epstein than Joe Biden.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I scratch my head enough at American Trump supporters. Who on earth would support him in another country?

Especially since his jingoist populist schtick often boils down to "other countries suck and we're gonna screw them over."

Same people as in the US - white supremacists who want to return to an imaginary past where they would be kings, and who mistake bullying for strength and empathy for weakness. Yeah we have them here too - not as many, and not with the same historical baggage (our baggage is different, but equally as vicious). 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Because of course losing would never be his fault, now would it? 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I saw a youtube video yesterday where they had interviewed people from many differnet countries on whether they want Trump or Biden to win and why.  The vast majority said Biden and the two I saw who were very pro-Trump were from Israel and Egypt and both said his presidency has been good for their countries.  But there were plenty of people people from Israel who opted for Biden and said it was because of Trump hurting Israel...so there will always be outliers.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Hi children, especially Barron, would be better off if he didn't speak to them.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

13 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Hilarious.  /s  

I know this is petty due to his millions of much bigger issues, but I hate that smug smirk he gets when he thinks he's said something clever.  You're not clever, jackass.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Hilarious.  /s  

I know this is petty due to his millions of much bigger issues, but I hate that smug smirk he gets when he thinks he's said something clever.  You're not clever, jackass.

I couldn't agree more. Every time I see that fugly smirk, I want to slap it off his face.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

36 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

The CDC says it's OK to go vote if you have COVID-19:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/going-out/voting-tips.html

I'm glad I voted a few weeks ago.

Well at this point you don't really have much choice - one reason why I would have voted early (and I suspect one reason why so many did). 

It is terrible advice though from a public health perspective.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

I am equal parts moved and worried when I see the long lines for voting. Moved by the willingness to wait for hours and worried that some people will get sick by having to wait.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Hilarious.  /s  

As someone who loves humor, I get it. And, of course, it is also very low on my list of reasons to despair that a person like Trump actually exists, let alone is our president, but it is on the list.

That was the kind of obvious, stupid, mean semi-joke a pre-adolescent bully makes.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I am equal parts moved and worried when I see the long lines for voting. Moved by the willingness to wait for hours and worried that some people will get sick by having to wait.

I will say that all the photos on local FB groups for me show people well spaced, at least outside. (I voted mail-in, straight into one of the county dropboxes.)

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

It is terrible advice though from a public health perspective.

Yeah, basically you weren't careful or lucky enough to avoid COVID but go ahead and stand around in crowds for a couple of hours.  Don't forget to properly mask up and tell the polling people you're sick.

I expect numbers to climb even more now.

I decided to take care of a few things today since I doubt things will be getting safer anytime soon.  I put on two masks, went to the gas station, then grocery shopping.  Yeah, I shopped last week but my aging brain forgot the eggs and I kept thinking about running out of eggs.  Got a few other things to help me delay my next trip to the stores.  Picked up a package I had waiting for me downstairs.

Footwear is now in a bag with Lysol, clothes are in a separate bag, I'm showered and finally had something to eat at nearly 7 PM.  Life during pandemic.

Edited by Dandruff
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic