IGNORED

2020 Presidential Election 5: Talk About An October Surprise

GreyhoundFan

17 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Good people are tired though. There may be an unpleasant reaction from this (my) side if, heaven forbid, the antichrist is re-elected. Taking the high road has yielded nothing.

As you know we live relatively local to each other and fwiw I know far, far fewer Trump voters this time around and don't know one person who mentioned sitting out this election.

2016 rough guess it was 70/30 of the people I knew in real life voting for Trump...this time I know two.  That said, we can't underestimate those who will vote for him but won't admit it out loud to anyone decent.

If he's elected again I'll fully support unpleasant reactions in our area and be out there myself.  As a white, middle class, suburban woman I am terrified...I cannot even imagine the fear of those of you in groups he's targeted.  I am so sorry people are being attacked by our own government.  

(FWIW I live in a neighborhood with a huge percentage of elderly white people who fly flags year round and haven't seen one Trump lawn sign.  I'm taking the hope where I can get it.)

21 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I’ve never been a political alarmist, but I think there will be unrest no matter the outcome, and what is going to happen between the election and the inauguration, if Trump loses? 

He said he will likely fire Fauci.  If that's what he's saying out loud we need to be prepared for him to go full on scorched earth.  

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

More idiots trying to get their Lord and Master re-elected by inconveniencing everyone else:

• WTF 6

16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If that's what he's saying out loud we need to be prepared for him to go full on scorched earth.  

I fully expect that he will go into a rage like we have never seen. There will be absolutely nothing holding him back. Trump will lash out at all of America and do his best to take down the entire country. Trump's entire life philosophy is that if someone hits at him, he hits back 100 times harder. And him not getting enough votes would be the ultimate slap in the face to him. How dare people not appreciate him. How dare Americans not worship him. I am not joking in which I could see him literally burning stuff down. 

Or he might just flounce off in a huff and get Pence to pardon him for pretty much everything. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

I don't even know what to say...

image.png.44b2d28f43e7bc21e992c841a9ae8515.png

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I fully expect that he will go into a rage like we have never seen. There will be absolutely nothing holding him back. Trump will lash out at all of America and do his best to take down the entire country. Trump's entire life philosophy is that if someone hits at him, he hits back 100 times harder. And him not getting enough votes would be the ultimate slap in the face to him. How dare people not appreciate him. How dare Americans not worship him. I am not joking in which I could see him literally burning stuff down. 

Or he might just flounce off in a huff and get Pence to pardon him for pretty much everything. 

I think it will be both.  He'll lose his shit and destroy what he can, but I do fully expect we will have a temporary President Pence to pardon him from federal crimes after he pardons himself...just to hedge his bets.

I will be shocked if he's still in the US on inauguration day. 

A landslide loss will be the ultimate narcissist injury and he'll have a mental break.  Which is why this needs to happen.

Please let at least one newspaper headline be:  From America to Trump:  "YOU'RE FIRED!"

I am afraid of what his supporters will do even more than what Trump will do.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 13

I agree with Pete, however said operatives sold their souls when they hopped onboard the Dumpy train.

image.png.11e24e919c0a8fa4da97b50164d310ad.png

• Upvote 18

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I agree with Pete, however said operatives sold their souls when they hopped onboard the Dumpy train.

image.png.11e24e919c0a8fa4da97b50164d310ad.png

I have fallen in love with Pete watching him campaign for Biden.  He's young and I hope he maintains his integrity and has a long future in politics.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 20
  • Thank You 1

He's barricading himself in the White House, has already said he will declare victory tomorrow night and has been raging about mail-in ballot fraud for the better part of the year. He's also been seeing the tides turning against him. He knows the danger he is in. 

Of course he's going to lose his shit.

He is going to contest a Biden win, no matter how big or small the landslide is. He's going to fight and bluster, and incite as much chaos and violence as he can. He'll hunker in his bunker until he knows how much of a chance he really has of getting inaugurated. If the military decides to side with him, he'll never leave. Dictatorship will be a fact. But he's a coward at heart. He needs other people to do the fighting for him. If the military decides to side with Biden, he'll quietly and secretively leave the country for parts unknown as soon as he can.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I'm so concerned about the damage to the US that Trump can do between election and inauguration if he loses. Even if he sees trends against him before all votes are counted, he'll start doing even more stupid stuff. 

I read somewhere that he plans to declare himself the winner if there is even a bit of positive trend in his favor. Can he do that? Would it mean anything besides him being stupid?

I wish there were a way to have final results by tomorrow night. There are so so many mail in/absentee ballots to be counted though. 

This is awful.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I read somewhere that he plans to declare himself the winner if there is even a bit of positive trend in his favor. Can he do that? Would it mean anything besides him being stupid?

Yes, he can do that. It won't mean a thing for the actual results though. However... it does serve a purpose. He's doing it to rile up his base. To be able to say, I won, and they're cheating me out of my win! To be able to say, they're trying to illegally get rid of me! We need to fight! The Democrats want to take over! We need to get out there and show them who's boss! The Trump army will prevail! 

At least, that's the plan. The question is, to what degree will it work?

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

He's barricading himself in the White House, has already said he will declare victory tomorrow night and has been raging about mail-in ballot fraud for the better part of the year. He's also been seeing the tides turning against him. He knows the danger he is in. 

Of course he's going to lose his shit.

He is going to contest a Biden win, no matter how big or small the landslide is. He's going to fight and bluster, and incite as much chaos and violence as he can. He'll hunker in his bunker until he knows how much of a chance he really has of getting inaugurated. If the military decides to side with him, he'll never leave. Dictatorship will be a fact. But he's a coward at heart. He needs other people to do the fighting for him. If the military decides to side with Biden, he'll quietly and secretively leave the country for parts unknown as soon as he can.

I truly believe the military will side with the election results. 

Dictatorship will be a fact if he steals this election, and I do believe that's possible.

If that happens we, as a people, need to stage a coup in the way of a work strike.  Yes, take to the streets and protest...but American labor as a whole refusing to work and bringing the economy to a screeching halt is the only thing tptb who can oust him will hear.  

We won't though, because it's terrifying as it risks homelessness, losing our insurance along with our jobs.  My sister was just diagnosed with cancer, she can't walk off her job and become uninsured and she's one of millions.

It would absolutely work if we all did it...but not everyone will which will lead to decent people being unemployed and replaced by those loyal to his state.  I am truly afraid.  

My father was a German immigrant who came to America as a child.  I wish my grandparents were alive so I could ask them what it was like in Germany in the twenties when they saw fascism ramping up.  I am not one to make casual Hitler comparisons...but I imagine the fear of seeing how many of your fellow citizens support those heinous policies and how many more don't agree but are too afraid to take a stand might have more similarities than many want to admit.

Joe Biden said it a long time ago, we can recover from 4 years of Trump if we take the country back...but if we allow this to be our future path democracy itself is in serious trouble (paraphrased.)

We need to self correct.  And I know I'm preaching to the choir here.  I'm just rambling because I'm afraid.

10 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Can he do that? Would it mean anything besides him being stupid?

He can do it.  We can do it too...tomorrow night we can both declare ourselves winners of the Presidency and it would mean exactly as much legally.  Nothing.

To his supporters though?  He declares > they believe > he loses > they see it as a stolen election.

ETA cross posted with @fraurosena who said the same, but better.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think it will be both.  He'll lose his shit and destroy what he can, but I do fully expect we will have a temporary President Pence to pardon him from federal crimes after he pardons himself...just to hedge his bets.

I will be shocked if he's still in the US on inauguration day. 

A landslide loss will be the ultimate narcissist injury and he'll have a mental break.  Which is why this needs to happen.

Please let at least one newspaper headline be:  From America to Trump:  "YOU'RE FIRED!"

I am afraid of what his supporters will do even more than what Trump will do.

I've already mapped out a second way to get to work if the Trumpazoids close down the state route. Unfortunately, it's tough to have more than 1-2 ways around town because of natural features.

• Upvote 5

Edited by fraurosena
better link to the report
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

On 11/1/2020 at 1:02 AM, thoughtful said:

Trump, you dick, that song is about the Kansas City Chiefs, not red as in republican.

The only song more ludicrous for them to use than that would be this song .  

Spoiler

I always have thought it funny that Republican majority states are called " red states" .   https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_colour#Red  

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If that happens we, as a people, need to stage a coup in the way of a work strike.  Yes, take to the streets and protest...but American labor as a whole refusing to work and bringing the economy to a screeching halt is the only thing tptb who can oust him will hear.  

We won't though, because it's terrifying as it risks homelessness, losing our insurance along with our jobs.  My sister was just diagnosed with cancer, she can't walk off her job and become uninsured and she's one of millions.

It would absolutely work if we all did it...but not everyone will which will lead to decent people being unemployed and replaced by those loyal to his state.  I am truly afraid. 

Here is a nonviolent approach to resistance tactics , which has been effective around the world .  

Spoiler

Spoiler

Even if he manages to somehow win (massive shudder), things won't be the same. I predict a few Senate seats will turn blue and the Dems will take control of the Senate. Won't be so easy for him to battle against a Democrat House AND Senate.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

8 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Even if he manages to somehow win (massive shudder), things won't be the same. I predict a few Senate seats will turn blue and the Dems will take control of the Senate. Won't be so easy for him to battle against a Democrat House AND Senate.

With so much focus on ousting the demon in chief I keep forgetting to worry about the Senate and that's SO important!

And please, please Kentucky....show McConnell the door.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

It is more imperative to flip the Senate than it is keeping Trump out of the White House. He can, and most definitely will be impeached again. Removal is assured.

Trump actually winning doesn’t worry me at all. Winning the Senate and keeping the House does.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

21 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

:roll:

21 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Of course daddy Trump is still viciously  stirring the pot.

Chicago is boarding up in preparation for unrest tomorrow night.  So is Denver.

This is unlike any other election in my lifetime.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

34 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Washington DC is also boarded up.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

I think Candace and Tucker each have fewer than two brain cells.

• Haha 13

The Fuck Nugget campaign did it again yesterday.

• Sad 3
  • WTF 4

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This is just so far from the previous norm it is nuts. After 2016 I remember people saying that it was a sign of a civilised democracy that an unexpected election result didn't cause anarchy in the streets. The fact that an expected election result seems to be causing people to think there will be anarchy is interesting.

Although I'm glad Wal-Mart at least is locking up the guns.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic