IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

nelliebelle1197

I don’t actually think that Alison’s Instagram post indicates that they’re living with her in-laws. She asks who inspires her readers regarding hospitality, and I think the photo is an illustration of what inspires her, not a photo of her own table.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

47 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

I don’t actually think that Alison’s Instagram post indicates that they’re living with her in-laws. She asks who inspires her readers regarding hospitality, and I think the photo is an illustration of what inspires her, not a photo of her own table.

I think you're right. I hadn't seen the caption before and now I have, it seems just as, if not more likely that they went over for a family meal and she liked how the table was set.

20201010_034814.jpg

• Upvote 4

Chesly posted a picture of a visit with Allison & Jeremiah - and they are in the house with the red walls. And Allison's inspiration for hospitality is her mom, not Jeremiah's. She say's "having guests over..." kind of indicating that she is doing just that. 

But, really. It doesn't matter. 

• Upvote 13

An interesting story came up on Allison's IG (and I wish I was less technically inept so I could have taken a screen shot of it). To paraphrase her "if you can't vote for the President, vote for the Vice-P because he's awesome and godly".

This must be the first time I've seen a break in the general fundie devotion to the Orange Nightmare.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

An interesting story came up on Allison's IG (and I wish I was less technically inept so I could have taken a screen shot of it). To paraphrase her "if you can't vote for the President, vote for the Vice-P because he's awesome and godly".

This must be the first time I've seen a break in the general fundie devotion to the Orange Nightmare.

8F71A1D4-4538-4C6F-A0D0-E661635C5D8D.jpeg

She’s basically saying that trump could take a runny dump on the Bible on National tv and Christians should still vote for him because the VP is a mega Christian. 

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Chesly posted a picture of a visit with Allison & Jeremiah - and they are in the house with the red walls. And Allison's inspiration for hospitality is her mom, not Jeremiah's. She say's "having guests over..." kind of indicating that she is doing just that. 

But, really. It doesn't matter. 

thanks I hadn't seen that pic.

love the pretending that they're voting for Trump because they're so passionate about human rights ?

Edited by wendy-sparkles
  • Upvote 12

18 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm not sure about US, but in most parts of Europe, the tradicional rural family included 3 generations under the same roof. When my grandmas married, some couples had their own houses, but many (especially farmers) lived with the in-laws. 

I wonder if Helferiches want to stay in the big house with son and granchildren forevah.

I wonder if they are currently living all together on purpose. Considering the big land they have, they could at least put there a trailer or a RV or similar. I don't think it's too expensive. It' s very strange.

They may be doing that. I am sure Allison will bless us with blog posts about how wonderful it is to live with your in-laws for the first few months of marriage. 

• Upvote 8

17 hours ago, Themanda Duggar said:

In the post and answers it is said that who inspires her is her mom, and implies that she set the table in the picture (she says she just loves inviting people to her home).

Days ago, she posted in IG stories a picture of Jeremiah and her. It was supposed to be at their home and it looked like an outdated house. I was surprised because it didn't look as a young couple house. It makes sense that was inlaws house.

I suppose it is a matter of time they have a house. I hope the situation changes before the first baby arrives.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s basically saying that trump could take a runny dump on the Bible on National tv and Christians should still vote for him because the VP is a mega Christian. 

These people can take their religion and shove it up their arse. I'm done with their willful ignorance and false sense of superiority. They are contributing to the destruction of this country and I refuse to ever be considerate or civil with any of them ever again. For their freaking religion, my nation has fallen apart and is headed toward ruin. F*ck every one of them.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honestly, not surprised by Allison's stance on the election. I've come across a few fundies who are just voting for Trump because Pence is a mega Christian. 

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Honestly, not surprised by Allison's stance on the election. I've come across a few fundies who are just voting for Trump because Pence is a mega Christian. 

I heard the same thing 4 years ago. They felt that Pence would use his Christian believes to sway Trumps decisions. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I'm assuming that Jeremiah has a house for them, but that it wasn't ready in time due to ~all this~ and so they're temporarily living at his parents. I do hope that's the case: it would be really difficult for Allison if not. I'm sure it's pretty difficult already.

Chelsy and John have diverged from the Maxwell parents' values, and part of that is that they're not in the same house. Jeremiah and Allison should have the opportunity to create their own values and ethics as a couple, and they can't do that at the moment. I'm not expecting huge divergence (J&A are still going to be voting for Trump and condemning a woman's right to choose) but instead of deciding whether or not Allison can wear pants, she's instead adding skirt extenders.

Compare the gorgeous picture of Chelsy in jeans and Axton picking tomatoes at the start of her new blog post (seriously, it's a charming portrait: she should frame it) to Allison in a skirt extender. I don't think Jeremiah should have any say in whether or not Allison wears pants to begin with, but it is so UTTERLY ridiculous in this time and place that Allison's wardrobe is dictated by her in-laws' outmoded values, I can't even.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

This was most of the Trump support from Catholics. He's a republican, He's got a Christian VP, etc. We don't like him, but we'll vote him. 

10 hours ago, fundiefan said:

These people can take their religion and shove it up their arse. I'm done with their willful ignorance and false sense of superiority. They are contributing to the destruction of this country and I refuse to ever be considerate or civil with any of them ever again. For their freaking religion, my nation has fallen apart and is headed toward ruin. F*ck every one of them.

I agree. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I heard the same thing 4 years ago. They felt that Pence would use his Christian believes to sway Trumps decisions. 

Instead of which they watched Pence be trampled all over by Trump's decisions. And they still will vote for the candidate least in line with their own values because they think the man he's ignored in favour of his older sons, daughter and son-in-law will suddenly have influence. They are a bunch of hypocrites.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Instead of which they watched Pence be trampled all over by Trump's decisions. And they still will vote for the candidate least in line with their own values because they think the man he's ignored in favour of his older sons, daughter and son-in-law will suddenly have influence. They are a bunch of hypocrites.

That's actually kind of tRump's entire platform. Vote for him to fix the mess we're in right now! Vote for him to stop riots (their language, not mine), lawlessness, etc. 

Um, we are in the f*cking mess because he put us here and refuses to be a human being. But, sure, vote for him so he can fix it, even though he hasn't done jack sh*t to fix it - or prevent it in the first place - to this point. 

Same thing with Pence - vote for tRump so he can be guided by the good (*cough*) krtischen man. Never mind he has not been guided by him for the last four years and instead, Pence shoved his head up tRump's arse and never looked back. tRump is a bully and Pence is a typical kristchen wuss. What, exactly, do they do to "help" each other?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Instead of which they watched Pence be trampled all over by Trump's decisions. A

Remember the anecdote about  Kelly Brown when she took a flight. Kelly was bothered by another passenger. Her father and the rest of the men in their group pontificated at length about how fundie men protect their women but in the end it was the stewardess who helped Kelly.

That is how it is with fundies. They talk a lot about morals but really they have none that they are not wiling to ignore or bend. They are bullies and blow hards . Pence pretends he is such a moral man but he is no different from Trump - other than not being orange or yelling so much. He was not trampled by trump. He was an active participant. People who say they are voting for Pence not Trump are lying. They are also just as bad as Trump - they just don't want to admit it.

Edited by browngrl
more words to say
  • Upvote 20

So, very off topic, but I was scrolling through the Bontragers bio page on their website and I have to wonder if Marlin and Becky are hoping to make a couple between Liz and Joe Xiques (the family friend in the band). First off, they are close in age only four years apart. Second, the Bontragers made it clear in her bio that she is planning on finishing up her high school education by the time she is seventeen which is in December. That way Liz will have one year before she turns eighteen to have a courtship, engagement and (gulp) plan a wedding so everything is ready right around or after she turns eighteen, which will be December 2021. Third, he seems to spend a lot of time with the family outside of touring. Also, it looks like he "lives" with them for most of the year as his family lives in Florida. So, when they post about him I think he is staying with them helping out on the farm and practicing. It's just a thought. After all, Marlin and Becky seemed way too desperate to start marrying their children off once the oldest were heading towards their mid-twenties. So, I have a feeling they are hoping to marry her off as soon as they can, and Joe is right there and perfect fundie marriage material.

On top of that, Liz seems to be like a mini-Allison bored and miserable living at her parents house. In past posts, the family has mentioned how she seems more willing to partake in activities outside of what other members of the family are doing. For example, the family made it clear that Liz failed to advance in the Bible Bee back in the year Chelsy was getting married. The way it was worded, to me, the Bontragers made it sound like Liz wasn't as invested in the famed contest and did not put as much effort into it aka they were disappointed their daughter didn't want to participate in the contest. However, they said that she was more than pleased to be done with the Bible Bee all together in order to help Chelsy out and spend time in Kansas with her sister as she was prepping to move. So, I have a feeling Liz isn't as fully invested in some of the family fun activities as the family makes it sound.

Also, Liz is now the eldest at home daughter meaning that she will have to take over more household duties and with no job in site, I don't think Liz will have the freedom and opportunities Marlin and Becky let Chelsy and Allison have. For example, Allison being able live and work at the inn and travel to Europe and Chelsy being able to travel with friends to weddings and having her own photography business, not to mention Chelsy and Allison did a lot of traveling together by themselves before they were married. Considering the fact that Chelsy and Allison were reaching fundie spinster age when they got married, I have a feeling that Marlin and Becky are going to keep her under their thumb until she marries (whether she ends up with Joe or not) and the same goes for Rebecca when she is older. So, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the family announces upcoming nuptials between Joe Xiques and Liz sometime late next year or early 2022. Any thoughts?

• Upvote 9

Joe has been touring with them since Liz was around 14. It always creeps me out when an older guy, who has known a girl since she was a child, suddenly takes interest in her. Like when did she go from kid to adult in his mind? I think about this when I watch or read Austen’s “Emma.” When precisely did Knightly stop seeing her as a little kid? When did she become a woman he’s attracted to? 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joe has been touring with them since Liz was around 14. It always creeps me out when an older guy, who has known a girl since she was a child, suddenly takes interest in her. Like when did she go from kid to adult in his mind? I think about this when I watch or read Austen’s “Emma.” When precisely did Knightly stop seeing her as a little kid? When did she become a woman he’s attracted to? 

True, but Liz and Joe are closer in age than I thought. Joe is 20 and Liz turns 17 in December. I’m not sure when Joe’s birthday is. So, to me, it’s not like there is a major age gap between them if they end up together. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

So, very off topic, but I was scrolling through the Bontragers bio page on their website and I have to wonder if Marlin and Becky are hoping to make a couple between Liz and Joe Xiques (the family friend in the band). First off, they are close in age only four years apart. Second, the Bontragers made it clear in her bio that she is planning on finishing up her high school education by the time she is seventeen which is in December. That way Liz will have one year before she turns eighteen to have a courtship, engagement and (gulp) plan a wedding so everything is ready right around or after she turns eighteen, which will be December 2021. Third, he seems to spend a lot of time with the family outside of touring. Also, it looks like he "lives" with them for most of the year as his family lives in Florida. So, when they post about him I think he is staying with them helping out on the farm and practicing. It's just a thought. After all, Marlin and Becky seemed way too desperate to start marrying their children off once the oldest were heading towards their mid-twenties. So, I have a feeling they are hoping to marry her off as soon as they can, and Joe is right there and perfect fundie marriage material.

On top of that, Liz seems to be like a mini-Allison bored and miserable living at her parents house. In past posts, the family has mentioned how she seems more willing to partake in activities outside of what other members of the family are doing. For example, the family made it clear that Liz failed to advance in the Bible Bee back in the year Chelsy was getting married. The way it was worded, to me, the Bontragers made it sound like Liz wasn't as invested in the famed contest and did not put as much effort into it aka they were disappointed their daughter didn't want to participate in the contest. However, they said that she was more than pleased to be done with the Bible Bee all together in order to help Chelsy out and spend time in Kansas with her sister as she was prepping to move. So, I have a feeling Liz isn't as fully invested in some of the family fun activities as the family makes it sound.

Also, Liz is now the eldest at home daughter meaning that she will have to take over more household duties and with no job in site, I don't think Liz will have the freedom and opportunities Marlin and Becky let Chelsy and Allison have. For example, Allison being able live and work at the inn and travel to Europe and Chelsy being able to travel with friends to weddings and having her own photography business, not to mention Chelsy and Allison did a lot of traveling together by themselves before they were married. Considering the fact that Chelsy and Allison were reaching fundie spinster age when they got married, I have a feeling that Marlin and Becky are going to keep her under their thumb until she marries (whether she ends up with Joe or not) and the same goes for Rebecca when she is older. So, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the family announces upcoming nuptials between Joe Xiques and Liz sometime late next year or early 2022. Any thoughts?

In a couple where one party is underage, over 3 years is a big gap to me. Especially since Liz isn't 17 yet, and she'd be even more under her parents' thumb if she married Joe. I also think it wouldn't help touring as they'd have to quit once Liz has 2-3 babies.  Joe doesn't seem financially stable to me beyond his connection to the family. Can the inn and the farm sustain 7 or 8 families?

As for her not fitting in, I think she fits in just fine. She seems happy enough performing. I hope her father doesn't read that you think she doesn't enjoy her life as there is apt to be severe consequences.  He'll probably put more pressure on her to conform. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

@NancyDrewFan1989 I actually see Liz happier than her older sisters. At least she seems to enjoy the performances more than Chelsy and Allison. Currently, Bontragers are a medium-sized family with no little children, so there isn't the enormous load of chores Chelsy and Allison had. I don't think mama Bon spoils her children ever, but at least Liz and Rebs can have a bit of quality time with her.

I think Bons want to marry Denver immediately and the others as soon as better. Not because the children are unhappy (sadly, Bons don't care about that), but because it's their rule. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

In a couple where one party is underage, over 3 years is a big gap to me. Especially since Liz isn't 17 yet, and she'd be even more under her parents' thumb if she married Joe. I also think it wouldn't help touring as they'd have to quit once Liz has 2-3 babies.  Joe doesn't seem financially stable to me beyond his connection to the family. Can the inn and the farm sustain 7 or 8 families?

As for her not fitting in, I think she fits in just fine. She seems happy enough performing. I hope her father doesn't read that you think she doesn't enjoy her life as there is apt to be severe consequences.  He'll probably put more pressure on her to conform. 

Yeah, it’s just a theory that’s been kind of bothering me since it became apparent Marlin and Becky were desperate to start marrying their kids off. Another part of it was following Alyssa (Bates) Webster with her new pregnancy. Yes, I know different family. But, Alyssa and her husband John are six years apart and became “special friends” before Alyssa turned 18. Seeing how active Joe is with the family and remembering their are other fundie love matches like John and Alyssa made me think of Joe and Liz possibly becoming a couple. I mean, it wouldn’t be the first time a fundie maiden jumped at marriage the moment they turned 18. Plus, I’m assuming that Marlin and Becky would love to keep Liz under their thumb as long as they can and her marrying Joe would do that. As for him being financially stable, who knows. He does make money selling guitar lessons online and I’m sure Marlin wouldn’t mind hiring him as a helping hand on the farm. So, I don’t think he will have trouble finding a job.

As for her fitting in it was just a thought as the Bontragers tend to expect her to be interested in everything they want her to. Remembering that post about the Bible bee and her being more happy helping Chelsey out made me think of it. 

1 minute ago, Melissa1977 said:

@NancyDrewFan1989 I actually see Liz happier than her older sisters. At least she seems to enjoy the performances more than Chelsy and Allison. Currently, Bontragers are a medium-sized family with no little children, so there isn't the enormous load of chores Chelsy and Allison had. I don't think mama Bon spoils her children ever, but at least Liz and Rebs can have a bit of quality time with her.

I think Bons want to marry Denver immediately and the others as soon as better. Not because the children are unhappy (which sadly Bons don't care Bons), but because it's their rule. 

Maybe Liz is happier now that there aren’t as many people at home. Then again she doesn’t have her own blog and grace is with mundane family life. 

Yes, I do think Denver is next in line and I have a feeling sometime next year there will be an engagement. For some reason, I doubt Marlin and Becky will let Liz get to her mid-20s before marrying her off. After all, they seemed to have no problem taking most Allison’s job away from her and making her travel all over with them until she got married. 

• Upvote 4

Alyssa and John are 5 years apart. Also Alyssa was 19.5 when she got married. 

Guitar lessons and working on the family farm hardly sound enough to support a full quiver, but who knows?

• Upvote 3

I do believe Alyssa and John were “getting to know” eachother when she was 17. Kelly was updating the now defunct blog st the time and I could be remembering wrong. But Josie and Kelton have a 4 year age difference and she knew him starting at around 16 I think. I believe Joy and Austin were the same way. He basically had to wait for her to turn 18 but was interested before that. There are quite a few older guys in fundieland that seemed to be interested in girls that were under 18. They never married before 18, but they were interested. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1

I am very curious to know if any other Bontrager kids (like Liz) will get to work at the Inn, now that Allison's gone.  Mitchell and Bryn run the Inn, but they will soon have 2 little kids, and Bryn will have less time to spend manning the reception desk/cleaning/scheduling, etc.

• Upvote 4

• samurai_sarah locked this topic