• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Howl

• hoipolloi

• 47of74

• FiveAcres

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The fact that there is a pool boy named Giancarlo involved in this story is just :chef's kiss: 2020, you are a weird old thing, but you sure as hell know how to keep people entertained. 

The pool boy confronts Becki, and Jerry watches from the corner.

Jerry Falwell Jr. has been way out of line for years. Am I the only one who is  angry that, out of  ALL the HORRID things he's said  and done, it's a stupid picture that gets him to step down? Like, h

Posted Images

@gustava, Thanks for this link.  Perfect subtitle:  Deposed university president secured backing by ousting critics and hiring the family members and businesses of loyalists.    This is the classic move authoritarians use to tighten their grip on power -- Trump, for example, is Exhibit A. 

I know a lot of ink has been spilled on this scandal, but, damn does this Salon piece hang the laundry out to dry. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
gustava
41 minutes ago, Howl said:

@gustava, Thanks for this link.  Perfect subtitle:  Deposed university president secured backing by ousting critics and hiring the family members and businesses of loyalists.    This is the classic move authoritarians use to tighten their grip on power -- Trump, for example, is Exhibit A. 

I know a lot of ink has been spilled on this scandal, but, damn does this Salon piece hang the laundry out to dry. 

Thanks....and it's Politico....  And yes, I think he completely lost any semblance of self control when he hooked his wagon to Donito Trumpolini.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Wow.

I read the entire piece, start to finish. I find myself unable to even know how to discuss, other than repeat what has already been said. So I will just say --

Not much Jesus in any of that. (understatement, to be sure)

Edited by apple1
ETA- I cannot even imagine how many former students and/or their parents are in hock for how many years paying off $$$ of loans for that Liberty education.
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

"Trump First Republican to Lose Virginia City Where Liberty University is Located Since 1948"

What the Gosh Darned Actual F**k.   I mean, what the HECK?!!!!  

Population of Lynchburg, VA is about 80,000 and 28% are black. They weren't voting for Trump.

I suspect that very, very few Liberty Univ. people decided to hold their noses and vote Biden. 

So, maybe some students and the rest of the sane townspeople?  Whichever, it's a stunning upset. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 15
  • Haha 1
On 11/8/2020 at 9:59 AM, Howl said:

suspect that very, very few Liberty Univ. people decided to hold their noses and vote Biden. 

I actually suspect quite a few faculty and local students voted Biden - there's been indications that the faculty are more liberal than the official stance, and suspect that Falwell's endorsing Trump did nothing to endear Trump to them.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • 2 weeks later...
47of74

The latest on Jerry and Becki 

Jerry Falwell Jr., recently resigned president of Liberty University, had allegedly ranked students with his wife, Becki Falwell, that they’d see on campus and ranked the one whom they most wanted to have sex with.The scandal broke when a former student of the university told Politico that “[Becki] and Jerry would eye people down on campus. She didn’t go into specifics, but said, ‘Oh, me and Jerry play games all the time, like ‘Would you rather?’ with people on campus.’ I’ll never forget that.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he and the Fuckopotomus spent time together ogling students at Liberty. Predators of a feather after all....

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
Snarkasarus Rex

I’m calling it now, Jerry is going to shift blame onto Becki one two many times and she’s going to burn the house down. All because he wouldn’t take his $10M and stfu. 

🍿🍿🍿🍿

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
Marmion
7 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I’m calling it now, Jerry is going to shift blame onto Becki one two many times and she’s going to burn the house down. All because he wouldn’t take his $10M and stfu. 

🍿🍿🍿🍿

Now I have this song in my head , only with the name changed to Becki .  

Spoiler

• Upvote 2

Giancarlo Granda has given an interview to Talking Points Memo: 

Sex, Lies, And Regret: Giancarlo Granda Reels From Eight Years With The Falwells  The onetime Miami pool attendant who says he had an affair with Becki Falwell as her husband Jerry watched gives his most detailed account yet of eight years with the evangelical couple.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7
apandaaries
On 11/17/2020 at 7:39 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

🍿🍿🍿🍿

I wanna see  Becki burn it all down. She’s got the info to light the biggest fire. Burn, Becki, burn.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8
3 hours ago, apandaaries said:

I wanna see  Becki burn it all down. She’s got the info to light the biggest fire. Burn, Becki, burn.

We don't need no water...

• Upvote 3
  • 3 weeks later...

and this 

Liberty University: “Falwell’s unilateral and voluntary dismissal was not prompted by any payments, promises, or other consideration from Liberty...”

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 13
  • 3 weeks later...
Katzchen24

Liberty may have made a problem for itself thanks to Jerry Jr's pre-election antics and his creation (with Charlie Kirk) of the Fallkirk Centre. The FC consistently and publicly advocated for the Orange-utan's re-election and it's partisanship was inappropriate.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

TL;DR Falkirk Center is a political entity corruptly masquerading as a non-profit.  Those who donate to it get to deduct the donation from their taxes.  Half of the board of the Falkirk Center is fine with this arrangement; the other half isn't. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Howl

Jerry's on Parler, because of course he is,  to "go on record" standing on the solid Rock, I'm guessing while watching his wife boink studly young men?  

Also, he's plagiarized the text of that tweet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 7
apple1
4 hours ago, Howl said:

Jerry's on Parler, because of course he is,  to "go on record" standing on the solid Rock, I'm guessing while watching his wife boink studly young men?  

Also, he's plagiarized the text of that tweet. 

Gag. Puke.

Nobody needs to bother to even ask (never mind force) him to "recant" his faith. He took care of that all on his own a long time ago. Along with completely ignoring the solid Rock.

As a professing Christian, that statement makes me furious.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1
  • 3 months later...
Cartmann99

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • Love 5
HereticHick

Awww...couldn't happened to a more deserving person. : )

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 8
hoipolloi

TOTALLY here for this. Not only is there a good chance that LU will prevail, but this is also a matter of assholes getting in a fight with each other! Let them spend their ill-gotten gains on trying to take each other down.

Bonus: hoping for a shit-ton of dirt to come out during discovery unless both sides come to a settlement with an NDA.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
Howl
6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

but this is also a matter of assholes getting in a fight with each other

Excellent point.  I'm here for the metaphorical screaming and hair pulling! 

Wonder what prompted this?  You'd think Liberty would want the scandal to die down -- it's got to have devastated their bottom line.  That could be the underlying issue, though -- they are desperate to recoup some money to keep the whole shit-eroo afloat. 

Speaking of floating, a Tweep pointed out that SOMEBODY MAY HAVE TO SELL A YACHT! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
hoipolloi
16 minutes ago, Howl said:

That could be the underlying issue, though -- they are desperate to recoup some money to keep the whole shit-eroo afloat. 

In addition to the original pool boy at least one other erstwhile business partner, Ben Crosswhite, seems to have benefited from highly questionable deals that involved LUʻs money & real estate. My guess would be that LU has a fiduciary duty to resolve these matters somehow -- ideally, by recovering the resources Jerry Jr is alleged to have given to these guys and maybe others. There is no indication that LU has already tried to recover their assets but Iʻd imagine that Jerry Jr would NOT be receptive to LU asking him kindly to do the right thing.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
Howl
8 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

at least one other erstwhile business partner, Ben Crosswhite, seems to have benefited from highly questionable deals that involved LUʻs money & real estate. My guess would be that LU has a fiduciary duty to resolve these matters somehow

Good point and I suspect LU began hardcore forensic accounting post Watchgate, and untangled all those questionable deals. 

Now I'm curious if any of Jr.'s actions were found to be criminal, or whatever you call white collar crime perpetrated by powerful Evangelicals. 

• Upvote 5
Howl

Ahhh, there are two parts to the lawsuit: 

It wants Falwell to pay $10 million in compensatory damages, which it said can be tripled under Virginia law, plus punitive and other damages. Liberty also wants him to return phones, computers and other property belonging to the school.  

Liberty is PISSED.

Does anyone know the status of the Fallwell nepotism hires?  There were at least several Falwell family members making bank at LU. 

• Upvote 10