IGNORED

Jerry Falwell Jr’s Zipper

Petronella

On 7/21/2021 at 4:29 PM, zeppelincommander said:

University/campus police primarily enforce campus rules like parking violations, but they also handle some minor legal infractions like noise complaints, trespassing, and littering.  Having a seperate force gives the university the power to handle petty infractions as they see fit and keeping students out of the legal system.  It's also supposed to relieve some of the burden from the student population on the local force.  We have many rural college towns where a huge number of the residents are students and the regular police force is very small.  The regular police are supposed to be called in for any larger and/or violent infractions like car theft, assault, or rape.  This sometimes doesn't happen, Liberty has a reputation for not calling the real police for rapes. 

It's not just small towns, big cities can universities with campus police too.  It has to do with the size of the college/university. A big university probably has campus police even when it's in a city.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

A big university probably has campus police even when it's in a city.

UT Austin with 40,000 undergrads has its own police force. 

• Upvote 5

• 3 months later...

Allegedly Liberty University has fired Steven Snyder, who was a member of the board and friends with Jerry Falwell. They were partying together on Fallwell's yacht.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

Early on in this thread I talked about the desperation TBP at LU have to be really good at sportsball.  While I’m sure Hugh Freeze was great at Ole Miss when he wasn’t hiring out for sex on his university paid phone, the team he is coaching is certainly not a 4 million dollar a year team.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32702207/liberty-hugh-freeze-secures-new-deal-average-more-4-million-annually-sources-say

• WTF 2
  • Thank You 3

• 1 month later...

More alleged firings at Liberty University:

Don Moon was the Senior VP of Finance. He seems to be out although the university hasn't officially announced it. 

Laura Wallace was Executive Vice President of Human Resources. She also seems to be out although the university hasn't officially announced it.  She is a cousin of Jerry Falwell, Jr.

• Thank You 7
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

Jerry Falwell Jr. Scripted Series In The Works From Vanity Fair’s Gabriel Sherman, Lionsgate TV & Groundswell Productions

EXCLUSIVE: A limited scripted series exploring the rise and fall of Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr is in the works.

Lionsgate Television has optioned Gabriel Sherman’s Vanity Fair article on Falwell Jr with the journalist and The Loudest Voice in the Room author adapting and exec producing his story with Michael London and Shannon Gaulding of Snowfall producer Groundswell Productions.

The article, which was published last month, tells the story of the Trump-anointing dark prince of the Christian right who was brought down by a sex scandal. He resigned in disgrace from Liberty in August 2020 after it emerged that a former Miami pool boy claimed he had been having a seven year affair with Falwell Jr.’s wife Becki and Falwell often liked to watch them have sex.

In the piece, Sherman spoke extensively to Falwell and Becki about the tumultuous events that led to his ouster, their fallout, and why he’s finally ready to admit he never had much use for his father’s church anyway.

The story will now be adapted as a limited series.

• Thank You 9

• 1 month later...

Giancarlo Granda (Jerry's and Becki's ex-pool-boy) has written a tell-all book with Mark Ebner. It's called Off the Deep End, and the cover art looks a pool with crosses as the suction lines. It will be out September 27, 2022. 

• Thank You 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Giancarlo Granda (Jerry's and Becki's ex-pool-boy) has written a tell-all book with Mark Ebner. It's called Off the Deep End, and the cover art looks a pool with crosses as the suction lines. It will be out September 27, 2022. 

I would probably read that crazy!! 😂😂😂

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 6 months later...

I’m watching “God Forbid” on Hulu. It’s about the long term affair Giancarlo had with Becki from his perspective. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m watching “God Forbid” on Hulu. It’s about the long term affair Giancarlo had with Becki from his perspective. 

How is it?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

How is it?

It’s interesting. They really took advantage of this young guy. They had a lot of control over him. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to Jerry Falwell Jr’s Zipper: NOW WITH HULU!
On 4/22/2022 at 6:22 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Only just saw this. Has anyone read the book?

48 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

Only just saw this. Has anyone read the book?

I’m guessing this show is just the book in tv form. 

• Thank You 1

I second the recommendation of God Forbid. Some of the revelations by Giancarlo Grande are heartbreaking. It brought home again how Jerry JR and Becky aren't just hateful hypocrites. They are predators. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Yes, the guy was a legal adult. He was 20. But they still used their money and power to control his behavior. They are so gross. 

• Upvote 1

Really good watch. The Falwells are horrible people. Granda was manipulated, but he also wanted the money/power/lifestyle that came with the Falwell connection. If he would have come out of it financially successful and without the notoriety, I don’t think he would have cared too much.

The connection between this sex scandal, Falwell’s endorsement of Trump, and the fall of Roe v. Wade is just sickening, although it’s obviously just a part of how things have gone so wrong. I only wish Jerry Sr. was here to see how badly Jr. fucked up.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

I watched it too. I know he was 20, but they absolutely groomed him and love-bombed him. Yes, he continued the business relationship, and I kind of applaud him all the more for telling the truth. It seems like it was so hard and also reveals how predatory adult behavior is very complicated. 

I agree that the political power and connections were really disturbing. At the end they also included a few glimpses of the MAGA-church-esque supporters, which is always so woo, especially now that we are seeing more and more of it near midterms. Very disturbing.

I wish Hulu hadn't felt the need, though, to do the sleazy silhouettes in the first part. (There were probably two or three in the first half of the movie, and that's what earned it an MA rating). IMO opening with that made it feel tabloidesque and took away from the serious nature of reporting. Ugh, Hulu, we don't want to be like Jerry in the corner watching that.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I watched it too. I know he was 20, but they absolutely groomed him and love-bombed him. Yes, he continued the business relationship, and I kind of applaud him all the more for telling the truth. It seems like it was so hard and also reveals how predatory adult behavior is very complicated. 

I agree that the political power and connections were really disturbing. At the end they also included a few glimpses of the MAGA-church-esque supporters, which is always so woo, especially now that we are seeing more and more of it near midterms. Very disturbing.

I wish Hulu hadn't felt the need, though, to do the sleazy silhouettes in the first part. (There were probably two or three in the first half of the movie, and that's what earned it an MA rating). IMO opening with that made it feel tabloidesque and took away from the serious nature of reporting. Ugh, Hulu, we don't want to be like Jerry in the corner watching that.

If we reversed it, and it was a 20 year old college girl they seduced and had sex with, I think people would see it even more predatory. It happens with female teachers praying in 14 year old boys in their class. They treat it as less predatory. And that is even more harmful for the victim. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

On 11/6/2022 at 1:52 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It happens with female teachers praying in 14 year old boys in their class.

Mary Kay Letourneau, anyone?

• Upvote 4

On 11/6/2022 at 10:54 AM, neuroticcat said:

I watched it too. I know he was 20, but they absolutely groomed him and love-bombed him.

The way he described first meeting them made it sound so calculated and practiced. I don’t believe for a minute that he was the first person they preyed on, and I wonder now how long it will be until more people come forward. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Columbia said:

The way he described first meeting them made it sound so calculated and practiced. I don’t believe for a minute that he was the first person they preyed on, and I wonder now how long it will be until more people come forward. 

She did get into the bed of her son’s friend when he stayed the night at their house. And she allegedly performed oral sex on him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 6
  • WTF 1

True local story: Several years ago, my daughter took an instant dislike to a fellow teacher she met doing community theater, and I thought it was just a case of someone rubbing her the wrong way.

Just yesterday, the woman was arrested for making inappropriate advances to a middle school student, after having admitted to friends that she had actually done it.

• Disgust 9

On 11/1/2022 at 9:55 PM, JDuggs said:

The connection between this sex scandal, Falwell’s endorsement of Trump, and the fall of Roe v. Wade is just sickening, although it’s obviously just a part of how things have gone so wrong. I only wish Jerry Sr. was here to see how badly Jr. fucked up.

I think Falwell’s endorsement was a massive part of Trump gaining power. Our country is heading to hell in a handbag, and gaining speed,  because of Falwell’s entitled white male religious pulpit. Falwell hastened the Christian Nationalist movement. Trump got to add heinous judges to the Supreme Court, thus overturning Roe v Wade. Many of us foretold something like this happening, especially with an aging SC, but too many people didn’t connect the dots. I haven’t seen the documentary yet, but kept up with this story for several years. I hope the doc opens more people’s eyes, but as I type that on midterm election day, is it too late for people to grasp the concept?

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jerry Falwell Jr’s Zipper