IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s such a selfish person. Let’s hope the puppies will be sold by the time Braggie gives birth. Because Ezra will be expected to be brother dad to the twins and take care of all the puppies. 

I don't understand her desire to breed poor Ruby. Do you think she sees these puppies as a kind of homeschool 4-H project? They aren't livestock and there's zero need to bring more puppies in this world just so Abbie can teach her kids about making a buck.

• Upvote 12

Abbie is really insufferable, but all her leghumpers are also sickening and make me angry. Is it that hard to see past her perfectly curated IG profile to see all the mess her life really is? I just don't get it. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Abbie is really insufferable, but all her leghumpers are also sickening and make me angry. Is it that hard to see past her perfectly curated IG profile to see all the mess her life really is? I just don't get it. 

This is only one theory. But I often think leghumpers of any social media influencer wish they could be like them. If they are assholes then they won’t want to aspire to be her. I have to admit that I can understand why some might overlook her self centered bragging. The big house, cute wallpaper, sweet children, and anthro clothes are all appealing to a lot of women. They wish they could have kids that act like Ezra. They want to have the energy to teach exercise classes. If they saw through Braggie, they wouldn’t have anything to aspire to. It’s almost like it gives them hope that they could be like her. But I would never ever want to be like her. Because I see her for who she is. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

Of COURSE the kids are completely responsible for the puppies.  Do we really think Braggie would spend one second cleaning up the endless puppy pee and poop that is about to be pouring forth in short order?  She won't even let their cats in the house.  I only hope the kids don't get punished too harshly when one of the pups invariably chews up some of her precious Anthro decor.

• Upvote 16

Food BEC:  her meatloaf looks plain and disgusting to me.  No seasoning other than salt, pepper and ketchup.  On ground turkey, not beef.  ?  Side dishes: carbs, carbs and more carbs.  Would it kill her to offer a green vegetable?

ETA: don't get me wrong, I love carbs.  But I don't generally serve THREE IN THE SAME MEAL.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

48 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Food BEC:  her meatloaf looks plain and disgusting to me.  No seasoning other than salt, pepper and ketchup.  On ground turkey, not beef.  ?  Side dishes: carbs, carbs and more carbs.  Would it kill her to offer a green vegetable?

ETA: don't get me wrong, I love carbs.  But I don't generally serve THREE IN THE SAME MEAL.

Don’t feel bad. Here’s my BEC. I hate when she puts flip laundry on her MMM list. She gives herself points for flipping the laundry? And she does this when she isn’t heavily pregnant with twins too. If I were to give myself motivational points for doing the laundry, it would mean the clean laundry is back in the drawers or closet. I guess when other people are doing the actual work, you don’t get to count it-

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Don’t feel bad. Here’s my BEC. I hate when she puts flip laundry on her MMM list. She gives herself points for flipping the laundry? And she does this when she isn’t heavily pregnant with twins too. If I were to give myself motivational points for doing the laundry, it would mean the clean laundry is back in the drawers or closet. I guess when other people are doing the actual work, you don’t get to count it-

Flipping laundry takes all of 15 seconds. Folding laundry and putting it away takes a million times longer. Everyone flips their laundry. But most people I know have issues with folding and putting away. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Flipping laundry takes all of 15 seconds. Folding laundry and putting it away takes a million times longer. Everyone flips their laundry. But most people I know have issues with folding and putting away. 

Folding and putting away laundry may take 7-10 business days, if not more. I've been just pulling stuff out of the basket for awhile. Mr. Xtian was the laundry folder and putter away-er. I hate doing it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 7

Confession time. I don’t mind doing laundry. I wash, dry, fold and put away. When I was working and had kids in the home, I did the laundry every other day. Now I do it far less frequently, but clean laundry never sits in our basket. Now if ( (rarely if ever) my husband does laundry, a load takes 5 days and gets rewashed 2 times, minimum. He is rather McMama- ish in his thinking. He thinks doing laundry means putting it into the washer. I guess I am his laundry fairy. I hate when he attempts to start a load-

• Upvote 8

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Confession time. I don’t mind doing laundry. I wash, dry, fold and put away. When I was working and had kids in the home, I did the laundry every other day. Now I do it far less frequently, but clean laundry never sits in our basket. Now if ( (rarely if ever) my husband does laundry, a load takes 5 days and gets rewashed 2 times, minimum. He is rather McMama- ish in his thinking. He thinks doing laundry means putting it into the washer. I guess I am his laundry fairy. I hate when he attempts to start a load-

When my kids were younger, laundry was more daunting. Probably because they seemed to pee, barf, drool, snot, and poop on everything. Along with getting dirty every time they set foot outside. I still have a pigpen child but he’s gotten better. Therefore I don’t have to do as much laundry as I used to. I fold and put away immediately because if I don’t, it will sit there forever. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

You all make me miss the days of having a dryer. Tumble dryers are not common in the UK, and while we had one for a short time, we dont have one now and it makes me so sad! Laundry sucks more hanging every thing to dry all year, all weather.

In regards to Abbie I hope so much those puppies are so much more work and money, as they will be, that she never breeds again. Puppies, are not cheap to raise once they need food, they poop a lot, and are pretty high needs. She can push it all she wants on the kids, but they will be loud, smelly, messy and cost money. Oh and puppies are not always easy to sell. A lot of people got lockdown dogs, but Texas is wide open now, so I am curious if the puppies will sell very good or not. Also the window is short on puppies, if you don't sell them young, they are harder to place and cost a good hunk of money to keep feeding. I really hate the thought of the stress on the kids, but I hope this puppy thing goes not well enough, for them to never do it again. Poop on her rugs is a good start.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

You all make me miss the days of having a dryer. Tumble dryers are not common in the UK, and while we had one for a short time, we dont have one now and it makes me so sad! Laundry sucks more hanging every thing to dry all year, all weather.

In regards to Abbie I hope so much those puppies are so much more work and money, as they will be, that she never breeds again. Puppies, are not cheap to raise once they need food, they poop a lot, and are pretty high needs. She can push it all she wants on the kids, but they will be loud, smelly, messy and cost money. Oh and puppies are not always easy to sell. A lot of people got lockdown dogs, but Texas is wide open now, so I am curious if the puppies will sell very good or not. Also the window is short on puppies, if you don't sell them young, they are harder to place and cost a good hunk of money to keep feeding. I really hate the thought of the stress on the kids, but I hope this puppy thing goes not well enough, for them to never do it again. Poop on her rugs is a good start.

I’m hoping it’s not a big litter. 

• I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m hoping it’s not a big litter. 

There are 6 puppies.

• Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

There are 6 puppies.

I bet she was hoping for 10 so she could make some stupid Instagram post about both being moms of 10. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

Loud is right...we had a next door neighbor beagle when our boys were babies and she barked all. night. long.  They are also notoriously curious and chronic escapees IME.

• Upvote 4

Probably another "divided by a common language" problem, but what is flipping laundry? Part of my brain is reading it like "flipping houses" and the other part is stuck saying it in a Grange Hill accent.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ozlsn said:

Probably another "divided by a common language" problem, but what is flipping laundry? Part of my brain is reading it like "flipping houses" and the other part is stuck saying it in a Grange Hill accent.

Just taking it from the washer and sticking it in the dryer. It doesn’t take long at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

10 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I had never heard of this expression before, either.

• I Agree 8

Do you think she realizes how narcissistic this is?
The worst kind of humblebrag. “Oh I might LOOK like I have everything together but really it’s all Jesus.”
1b5bf2cc60105aebba4ca3181a7cf33e.jpg

• Angry 1
  • Disgust 4
  • I Agree 3

17 minutes ago, bea said:

Do you think she realizes how narcissistic this is?
The worst kind of humblebrag. “Oh I might LOOK like I have everything together but really it’s all Jesus.”
1b5bf2cc60105aebba4ca3181a7cf33e.jpg

She gets her orgasms over people asking her how she has so many kids and spends time homeschooling, decorating, and exercising. She loves it.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, tankgirl said:

She can push it all she wants on the kids, but they will be loud, smelly, messy and cost money. Oh and puppies are not always easy to sell. A lot of people got lockdown dogs, but Texas is wide open now, so I am curious if the puppies will sell very good or not. Also the window is short on puppies, if you don't sell them young, they are harder to place and cost a good hunk of money to keep feeding. I really hate the thought of the stress on the kids, but I hope this puppy thing goes not well enough, for them to never do it again. Poop on her rugs is a good start.

I was thinking about the horror of small, diaperless animals that Abbie cannot blanket-train as easily and so she will push on the kids...and then my heart broke for the kids. These puppies may truly love the kids in a way that their mother never can nor will. So these kids will be genuinely loved and maybe for the first time! And then they will be forced to sell the puppies and survive another attachment trauma. Crappy parenting.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I hate when he attempts to start a load-

Me, too! I'm...particular as to how my laundry is done...and I honestly LOVE doing laundry- wash, dry, fold, put away, all of it (I put my clothes and the towels away. My fiance puts his clothes away which takes....weeks. I just leave it in a basket for him). My fiance offers to help, but I'd just rather he not- not because isn't capable of doing it, but because it's the only chore I like doing (and I want to make sure my bras get hung up to dry :) )

• Upvote 5

Question for people where tumble dryers aren’t common: I get how that would work in a house, you’d string it up outside or all over the kitchen. But what about people with communal laundry rooms or who use a laundromat? (If you don’t use that term it’s a big storefront filled with washers and dryers where people insert money into the machines and do their washing.) Do you have to carry home a wet load, then string it up? And I guess you have to do a lot more ironing, too. My new apartment has a communal laundry room but when I had a dryer in my apartment 90% of getting wrinkles out was spraying something with water then popping it in the dryer for a few minutes.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Loud is right...we had a next door neighbor beagle when our boys were babies and she barked all. night. long.  They are also notoriously curious and chronic escapees IME.

My aunt and uncle had a beagle named Ginger when I was growing up.  Sweet dog, but she would bark her fool head off at the slightest noise.

Probably another "divided by a common language" problem, but what is flipping laundry? Part of my brain is reading it like "flipping houses" and the other part is stuck saying it in a Grange Hill accent.

That’s OK.  @Ozlsn.  I’m American and I was wondering the same thing.

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, therulesofjinx said:

Me, too! I'm...particular as to how my laundry is done...and I honestly LOVE doing laundry- wash, dry, fold, put away, all of it (I put my clothes and the towels away. My fiance puts his clothes away which takes....weeks. I just leave it in a basket for him). My fiance offers to help, but I'd just rather he not- not because isn't capable of doing it, but because it's the only chore I like doing (and I want to make sure my bras get hung up to dry :) )

I pretty much line dry all of my clothes. Do not get me started on the items he’s  ruined with his dryer/high heat method.

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic