IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, Zommom said:

And those Nuly, whatever used clothes she rents, were fugly and didn’t even fit!

Seriously - that solid peach-colored dress was the ugliest, most unflattering thing I've ever seen her wear.

• Upvote 2

In that time honored tradition of pregnant Christians, today Abbie uses her unborn child as a prop for her religious views.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-08-27-21-54-45.thumb.png.4ca51a5ded2b2f14f3af99971cee9400.pngScreenshot_2020-08-27-21-55-24.thumb.png.02db9f36fda061addc4b537485d77ab8.png

Personally, I'm happy to see that the US isn't replacing it's population, we're overcrowded as it is. As the saying goes, life is a miracle but 7 billion miracles is enough. The fact that abortion rates are down probably has more to do with proper sex education and birth control rather than abstinence and Jesus. I would be interested to see what the numbers look like in bible belt states.

Abbie lists the "commonly given reasons by those who argue for its (abortion) necessity". To me it feels like a pejorative way to frame it because as far as I'm concerned abortion should be legal for anyone who wants one. Not wanting a baby because you are poor and have no support system is a perfectly valid reason, as is wanting to stay child free. But unfortunately those types of reasons aren't reason enough for people who want to control other people's bodies. No one needs to meet the standard of a judgemental bitch like Abbie who thinks that any reason besides rape or incest constitutes an abortion as "elective". Apparently she expects other women to ignore their mental health like she does. 

And then, without a hint of irony, Abbie talks about her "incredible" support system. How tone deaf can this woman possibly be? Healthy support systems are what many women are lacking when they find themselves pregnant with nowhere to turn. She blithely offers up adoption as the alternative without a thought to what a huge emotional and physical strain it is to carry a baby. Contrary to Abbie's belief, women are not incubators.

Lastly, where does Abbie get the batshit crazy idea that abortion is a "hugely lucrative cash cow for those who seek to influence the vulnerable/hurting away from adoption"? Does she honestly believe that there is a nefarious group of people trying to lure women to abortion mills just to kill babies? Nevermind. Don't answer that.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

Today's IG story in a nutshell:  Braggie is fluent in Spanish and you are not.  Also, other Spanish speakers can intuitively sense her abilities. 

?

• Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Today's IG story in a nutshell:  Braggie is fluent in Spanish and you are not.  Also, other Spanish speakers can intuitively sense her abilities. 

?

I mean, what is the point of all that? She is so annoying. She’s absolutely nothing special and it’s not random to have Spanish speaking people TALK in their natural language. Shocking, I know! Many people speak Spanish. I grew up in Southern CA and Spanish speaking people spoke to me, too. I wasn’t fluent, but I had enough general understanding to communicate. I never gave it a second thought. Who carrrres! 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Today’s IG with her DYI, paper mask only covering 1.5 /2 nostrils, ugg- Also, I would assume that most restaurants would have a supply of disposable masks to pass out to patrons who may have forgotten their own. And then the note not to DM her about mask wearing...how about not making a post about mask wearing if you don’t want to discuss masks.

Abbie is absolutely a passive aggressive twat-

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

First of all, what is a Masker? Or, more specifically a Hardcore one? Is this her attempt at contempt and ambivalence  for the decent people in Texas who adhere to the safety guidelines of wearing masks when they are in public? This isn’t hardcore, Abbie. It’s fucking common since and decency. This shouldn’t even be a debate. And, since she brought up the religious aspect of this topic of wearing masks, you better be damn well be on the side of wearing a mask all the time (aka: hardcore masker), if you truly believe that God said, “Love your neighbor.” Your love should absolutely be hardcore for the care and consideration and love for your fellow man. Especially during a fucking pandemic! Sadly, she won’t follow this logic. She doesn’t even care for her own growing babies inside of her own body! She’s a lousy mom, neighbor, and Christian.  

EE772D91-BBC5-4046-BB55-0669287F3D38.png

• Upvote 4
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I mean, I don't remember Jesus being ambivalent in his stance on not intentionally spreading deadly diseases to others, but I'm Jewish so what do I know,

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

4 hours ago, Zommom said:

First of all, what is a Masker? Or, more specifically a Hardcore one? Is this her attempt at contempt and ambivalence  for the decent people in Texas who adhere to the safety guidelines of wearing masks when they are in public? This isn’t hardcore, Abbie. It’s fucking common since and decency. This shouldn’t even be a debate. And, since she brought up the religious aspect of this topic of wearing masks, you better be damn well be on the side of wearing a mask all the time (aka: hardcore masker), if you truly believe that God said, “Love your neighbor.” Your love should absolutely be hardcore for the care and consideration and love for your fellow man. Especially during a fucking pandemic! Sadly, she won’t follow this logic. She doesn’t even care for her own growing babies inside of her own body! She’s a lousy mom, neighbor, and Christian.  

EE772D91-BBC5-4046-BB55-0669287F3D38.png

Exchange the word mask for seatbelt and see just how stupid Abbie sounds. Not to mention the excuse of pregnant brain. How much can she possibly explain away by being knocked up? I'm sick to death of the, 'teehee I'm pregnant so I'm an airheaded bitch and you can't tell me anything because baby'. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 8/27/2020 at 5:24 AM, danvillebelle said:

Seriously - that solid peach-colored dress was the ugliest, most unflattering thing I've ever seen her wear.

Did you see today’s IG cream colored with blue birds and flowers mu mu? Now that was the ugliest thing ever. Absolutely so unflattering. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

My 6 year old knows to get his mask every time without being asked. He remembers to get when we leave, and to put in on when he gets out of the car. I haven't had to remind him past the first week.

Abbie is just so...I don't even have the words. I would say stupid, but that doesn't quite fit. That mask is doing exactly nothing. And why is wearing one (or not) a biblical issue? It's unbelievable enough that it is a political issue...but biblical??

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

The solution to forgetting your mask is simple - leave extra masks in your vehicle. 

11 hours ago, Shiny said:

My 6 year old knows to get his mask every time without being asked. He remembers to get when we leave, and to put in on when he gets out of the car. I haven't had to remind him past the first week.

Abbie is just so...I don't even have the words. I would say stupid, but that doesn't quite fit. That mask is doing exactly nothing. And why is wearing one (or not) a biblical issue? It's unbelievable enough that it is a political issue...but biblical??

She is probably twisting a passage to make it mean what she wants it to mean.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Ali said:

The solution to forgetting your mask is simple - leave extra masks in your vehicle. 

She is probably twisting a passage to make it mean what she wants it to mean.

I have a bunch in my vehicle. Braggie is a shopaholic so you would think she would shop Etsy for about 50 different patterned face masks to match each outfit. The fact that she hasn’t shows she doesn’t agree with the mask mandate. And she’s a self centered asshole.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

I’m pretty sure that most people I know now have multiple masks, although, like clothes, there are definitely favorite ones. I have 4 I keep in my apartment (we are supposed to wear one every time we are in the hallways although I’m the only person who does) plus an extra disposable one in the car. The literal only time that I forgot one was, ironically, when I had a doctor appointment for a raging earache one day, and the hospital was understanding and gave me one.

This probably shows how materialistic I am but I actually like the pretty colors and patterns and choosing the one to go with what I’m wearing, it makes the sensory hell a little better. Since face shields aren’t really protective I’ve taught myself to tolerate the cloth ones, (usually at the expense of my verbal speech, but I just plan stuff out with gestures and notes.) You’d think that Braggie would be all over having two dozen pretty masks or how her girls made so many or something. I wonder if her doctors will ask if she wears a mask like mine ask about seatbelts? I wonder if she’d lie or if she truly thinks that what she is doing is mask wearing?

and why did she put vacation in quotes?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

6 hours ago, anachronistic said:

This probably shows how materialistic I am but I actually like the pretty colors and patterns and choosing the one to go with what I’m wearing, it makes the sensory hell a little better.

I've used leftover fabric from clothes than I've sewn to make matching masks. I also sewed up a variety of novelty fabric masks for myself and Mr Nova and vintage fabric ones for my daughter. I don't see it it as materialistic but rather as a way to make a bad situation a little bit better by making something we can enjoy.

Masks are hard for me to wear because I speak softly and literally no one can hear me with a mask on. I feel like I'm shouting to be heard and I almost always end up with a headache from having to raise my voice. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 14

6 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I've used leftover fabric from clothes than I've sewn to make matching masks. I also sewed up a variety of novelty fabric masks for myself and Mr Nova and vintage fabric ones for my daughter. I don't see it it as materialistic but rather as a way to make a bad situation a little bit better by making something we can enjoy.

Masks are hard for me to wear because I speak softly and literally no one can hear me with a mask on. I feel like I'm shouting to be heard and I almost always end up with a headache from having to raise my voice. 

I have realized I read lips a lot more than I ever realized and have to ask people to repeat themselves frequently. It’s frustrating for both of us when that happens. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

I speak softly and literally no one can hear me with a mask on. I feel like I'm shouting to be heard and I almost always end up with a headache from having to raise my voice

I'm another quiet speaker - even pre-mask I had to repeat myself a lot at the deli counter for example - and I spend a lot of time mentally going "project! Project!!" By the time you have both of us wearing masks, standing 6ft apart with often a perspex screen between us it gets pretty tiring quickly.

I have masks freaking everywhere - I have my four cloth ones that are usually in the house (With at least one in the wash), a spare in my bag, spares in the car... grow up Abbie and try acting like a responsible adult for once.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

She is an IDIOT!  All I can say is she must give great BJs because I can think of no other reason why her husband keeps her around.

• Haha 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

She is an IDIOT!  All I can say is she must give great BJs because I can think of no other reason why her husband keeps her around.

Because he’s an idiot too. Idiots often marry idiots. Plus can you imagine them divorced? He would get the kids every other weekend. With no help from Braggie or Mother in Law. He would have Ezra and Simon. But he would still have to take care of a bunch of kids without any other adults to help. He wouldn’t do that. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

There is no way in hell that a woman who's that uptight about throw pillows is going to give a good BJ. Plus, there's nothing biblical about giving head.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

There is no way in hell that a woman who's that uptight about throw pillows is going to give a good BJ. Plus, there's nothing biblical about giving head.

I don't normally read this thread but the above sentence showed up in my unread content list and, uh, caught my attention!  ?

Another of those "only on FJ" moments...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I don't see it it as materialistic but rather as a way to make a bad situation a little bit better by making something we can enjoy.

Absolutely - bringing creativity, art, fun and one's flair for fashion into a basic need, a need we have due to a frightening thing, is a great attitude.

Oh, hi, all - I do read this thread, but don't think I've ever posted here.

Abby, wear a mask, and stop traveling all over the place. Not an original thought, but a heartfelt one.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic