IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus

Coconut Flan

Abbie's face is looking much rounder in her lastest post. Is it water weight or what's happening? Is that a normal pregnancy thing?

Abbie's mom took the middle five kids and Abbie said it was "so dang fun" "cool" and "pretty dang rad" to only have Shiloh and the older boys. Can she stop with trying to sound like the cool mom? Its sad and cringey. 

"...and you realize you’re basically hanging out with some of your best friends, and it’s just pretty dang rad."

What is it with fundies turning their kids into bffs? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

15 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie's face is looking much rounder in her lastest post. Is it water weight or what's happening? Is that a normal pregnancy thing?

Abbie's mom took the middle five kids and Abbie said it was "so dang fun" "cool" and "pretty dang rad" to only have Shiloh and the older boys. Can she stop with trying to sound like the cool mom? Its sad and cringey. 

"...and you realize you’re basically hanging out with some of your best friends, and it’s just pretty dang rad."

What is it with fundies turning their kids into bffs? 

So she had brother dad Ezra and family cook Simon and Shiloh at home. That means Ezra watched Shiloh and Simon cooked so Braggie could sit on her phone shopping and editing pictures. This is exactly why she can keep having baby after baby.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie's face is looking much rounder in her lastest post. Is it water weight or what's happening? Is that a normal pregnancy thing

Could be a normal thing, could also be an indication of other things. Either way I hope she is being appropriately monitored.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

So, Abbie, it is always a different dynamic when the majority of your kids aren’t home, especially a family your size. Not to mention you were left with the two  most oldest, capable ones and the youngest, who will be cared for by those two while you get to put your feet up and not be bothered by 5 other humans. Of course it’s so much fun! ?

F79879D5-17F8-4917-874E-2C97FC6C906C.jpeg

• Upvote 9

From where I sit Abbie you spent a smattering of time with some of your kids in a more 1:1 manner. You may have even enjoyed what was special and unique about the 'big boys' such as their ideas, perceptions, humor, personality, etc. Sounds like you viewed them as individuals (hopefully) and not just part of a mob. What does that tell you? Anything?

Funny, I don't feel like a troll.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 8/22/2020 at 7:00 PM, Ozlsn said:

And whether it's your first or 12th having a party should be fine - but seriously, I think after the first making it explicitly a party rather than a shower is a good idea. Not sure about US culture, but here you are likely to get presents at the shower and on the birth of the child, which adds up to a lot of things. 

I've heard of bonus baby showers being for "consumables only" -- like diapers and wipes -- since those get expensive very quickly. Especially with other little kids at home. It's more about the celebration and less a gift grab in those situations. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-08-24-11-40-07.thumb.png.c651f0d66fbf94ab8604a23ae24fb9c8.png

Those cabinets look like crap. Not to mention the overall griminess with smudges and fingerprints on every surface. If this was posted by someone else I probably wouldn't have looked twice but Abbie preaches perfection and sings her own praises of getting it all done. My guess it that scrubbing cabinets not as fun as other activities like rearranging pillows or teaching fitness classes.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

2 minutes ago, SuperNova said:
  Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-08-24-11-40-07.thumb.png.c651f0d66fbf94ab8604a23ae24fb9c8.png

Those cabinets look like crap. Not to mention the overall griminess with smudges and fingerprints on every surface. If this was posted by someone else I probably wouldn't have looked twice but Abbie preaches perfection and sings her own praises of getting it all done. My guess it that scrubbing cabinets not as fun as other activities like rearranging pillows or teaching fitness classes.

I think that Braggie’s house is not even close to high end or quality. My guess is that she cared way more about how things looked and how trendy they are and thought nothing of durability. She has already said her enormous concrete countertops are chipping. The paint on the green cabinets are chipping too. If we looked closely, we would see a lot of wear and tear on a home only a few years old. She does stuff cheap because she’s just going to change it every few years. She will change the countertops within a year and she will repaint the cabinets by 2022. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I agree about the condition of her cabinets and countertops. Those cabinets/drawers in the background are really rough. I see replacements in the future. Or maybe contact paper like the microwave, washer and closet?  This is another consequence of having a mega family and expecting kids to participate heavily in the cleanup process, stuff gets destroyed. Abbie also admits that housekeeping isn’t her forte.

• Upvote 4

On 8/23/2020 at 6:49 PM, Ozlsn said:

Could be a normal thing, could also be an indication of other things. Either way I hope she is being appropriately monitored.

My face looked fuller early on; just when I felt my shittiest people were telling me how great I looked. And I did.
But is this standard for her during pregnancy?

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I agree about the condition of her cabinets and countertops. Those cabinets/drawers in the background are really rough. I see replacements in the future. Or maybe contact paper like the microwave, washer and closet?  This is another consequence of having a mega family and expecting kids to participate heavily in the cleanup process, stuff gets destroyed. Abbie also admits that housekeeping isn’t her forte.

What is her forte? Oh yes, shopping and teaching fitness classes. Literally nothing to do with parenting. Yet she has kid after kid.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Bastet said:

My face looked fuller early on; just when I felt my shittiest people were telling me how great I looked. And I did.
But is this standard for her during pregnancy?

Facial swelling can be a sign of Preclampsia. I think Abbie’s face looks fine in her latest  posted IG.

• Upvote 1

When you pick a trendy color for cabinets, they are going to show every little smudge and ding.  As with so much of her life, it's all show and no substance. They will end up replacing and redoing everything in the house by the time the twin boys are teens. 

My 50yo wood cabinets look WAY better than hers. As does my laminate countertop. If she had half a brain she'd get laminate, it's easy to keep clean and pretty indestructible.  

Although, my kitchen has never had a herd of people in and out all day. So there's that. ?

ETA: Her kids' clothes always match the house, like Honor in that photo.  I find it very creepy. 

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

When you pick a trendy color for cabinets, they are going to show every little smudge and ding.  As with so much of her life, it's all show and no substance. They will end up replacing and redoing everything in the house by the time the twin boys are teens. 

My 50yo wood cabinets look WAY better than hers. As does my laminate countertop. If she had half a brain she'd get laminate, it's easy to keep clean and pretty indestructible.  

Although, my kitchen has never had a herd of people in and out all day. So there's that. ?

ETA: Her kids' clothes always match the house, like Honor in that photo.  I find it very creepy. 

I think she will replace the countertops with a solid stone. Possibly marble or quartz. Whatever is trendiest. Then she will repaint all the kitchen cabinets another trendy color. And they will chip again showing both green and white paint underneath.

I am not against color at all. I love color. But I love wood more. And I would prefer wood cabinets any day of the week over painted ones. Wood is just so warm and inviting. Plus it hides so many imperfections. I love it. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, SassyPants said:

This is another consequence of having a mega family and expecting kids to participate heavily in the cleanup process, stuff gets destroyed.

I agree with this! My kids absolutely do chores, but I am the official quality control officer in my home. The condition of my home wouldn’t be remotely satisfactory if I wasn’t doing my part to keep the home clean. 

• Upvote 7

I'll just add that children's chores should be age-appropriate. It seems that Abbie and many other fundies want their kids to hours of daily chores and ones that are questionable for an age-specific skill set.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

13 minutes ago, bea said:

Oh FFS Abbie. Drama much?
(Also the WORST THING you can imagine is an induced hospital birth?)
7c7ef16ed840def992ffb2ebcddd12f5.jpg

She really needs to shut up. My first birth did not go as planned and I ended up with a c-section. The second birth was a failed VBAC and a very stressful experience. My third was a scheduled c-section. I had some scary postpartum complications, but I am fine now and healthy. None of my birth experiences were what I wanted, but I have three healthy kids so my birth experiences are not important. I have no patience for women like her.

I think she should have a conversation with Steve Maxwell about how to stop making your birth experience an idol.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

7 minutes ago, Ali said:

think she should have a conversation with Steve Maxwell about how to stop making your birth experience an idol

Have you ever read one of her birth stories? They are a fucking novel. They are so long and boring. I can’t imagine anyone read through any of them without nodding off a time or two. She thinks her long boring stories are so interesting. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Have you ever read one of her birth stories? They are a fucking novel. They are so long and boring. I can’t imagine anyone read through any of them without nodding off a time or two. She thinks her long boring stories are so interesting. 

No, I have not. I can't imagine anyone would be interested in that amount of detail for a birth stories. I had to interview an assignment for my child development class that required me to interview a woman to get her birth story. I chose my mom and it was enjoyable experience. I could not imagine doing the same for Abby or even most other people.

• Upvote 5

My atheist son has a t shirt with a picture of baphomet and it says NOT TODAY, JESUS!  I think it's pretty damn funny and can only imagine the pearls that are clutched when he wears it out and about here in East TX. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Ali said:

None of my birth experiences were what I wanted, but I have three healthy kids so my birth experiences are not important. I have no patience for women like her.

Well that's the thing. Braggie doesn't really care about her kids. She just likes status of being "blessed" with pregnancy after pregnancy. For her, the brith experience is the only important thing.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1

I don’t believe that women deserve bad birth experiences, but man, if anyone could use a reality check, it’s Abbie. How can she have given birth 8 times and still think everything will go her way just because she’s godly?! She’s been lucky, not blessed. I would not be surprised if this twin birth experience does not go as she has planned. Statistics are not in her favor. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

26 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I don’t believe that women deserve bad birth experiences, but man, if anyone could use a reality check, it’s Abbie. How can she have given birth 8 times and still think everything will go her way just because she’s godly?! She’s been lucky, not blessed. I would not be surprised if this twin birth experience does not go as she has planned. Statistics are not in her favor. 

It already hasn’t gone how she wants because 1) she never wanted twins again and 2) she has to have a hospital birth. She will go on and on with her pity party over those two things even if this hospital birth goes smoothly. She makes a smooth birth out to be horrible when she tells her tale. She can’t have an easy birth. It’s impossible. 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It already hasn’t gone how she wants because 1) she never wanted twins again and 2) she has to have a hospital birth. She will go on and on with her pity party over those two things even if this hospital birth goes smoothly. She makes a smooth birth out to be horrible when she tells her tale. She can’t have an easy birth. It’s impossible. 

And the passengers are males

And she might have to be induced

And she’s older

And she’s larger than normal FOR HER, even for a twin pregnancy 

And on, and on, and on...

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic