IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus

Coconut Flan

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And mentioned the reason that the creation bothered her was because the pest guy was coming that day to spray the inside of her house. WHAT...who cares what the pest control person thinks?  It’s not like her kid’s room qualified for a spot on Hoarders.

What? That's insane. 

Also, our pest guy that comes to our work is a very strange sort, and would probably enjoy a random-object sculpture. He certainly wouldn't care whether someone's entire home is Pinterest-worthy.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

My doorbell just rang and it was the pest control guy. He only treats our yards. I did look out the window to verify that there was no dog crap in his path. ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

What? That's insane. 

Also, our pest guy that comes to our work is a very strange sort, and would probably enjoy a random-object sculpture. He certainly wouldn't care whether someone's entire home is Pinterest-worthy.

Our pest sprayer just does the outside of our house. One time he didn’t knock to let me know he was here. I was doing something near a window and I saw him out of the corner of my eye close to the window doing his work. I screamed at the top of my lungs and jumped. He felt bad about it and I felt like and idiot. 

• Haha 9
  • Love 2

Today's post is about motherhood being sooo worth it guys, it's rad. Being a living sacrifice and loving it is what life is all about. Getting thrown up on and wiping poopy butts is amazing and makes Jesus really happy.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-08-14-11-53-54.thumb.png.5d8cf44049bc6649d2b4db3156e0808a.png

Abbie doesn't act like she thinks her passel of kids is amazing. She's actually starting to sound bitter about it. What would happen is she found out tomorrow that there is no god? How would she feel about her blessings then? How pissed would she be to find out that being covered in baby puke doesn't buy you a mansion in heaven but instead it just means you're covered in every day, run-of-the-mill, non-sanctifying barf?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

She manages to say a whole lot, but coincidentally saying nothing at all. What she is “preaching” so invalidating to the natural human condition. There are wonderful things and shitty things in life. You can simultaneously love being a mother and hate it, too and there is nothing wrong with that! Based on her recommendation of how we should think and live, life is so depressing and exhausting. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

This thread just got very weird as all your pest control people coming round to your homes posts, was interrupted by a full nude advertisement on my page. I thought someone was very forward at sharing that part of the "pest control come round at the wrong time" story, in so much, unspoilered nakedness, but was actually a very distracting ad! Wow! 

My searches aren't nearly exciting enough, I should have gotten that ad. Lol

• Haha 14
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

This thread just got very weird as all your pest control people coming round to your homes posts, was interrupted by a full nude advertisement on my page. I thought someone was very forward at sharing that part of the "pest control come round at the wrong time" story, in so much, unspoilered nakedness, but was actually a very distracting ad! Wow! 

My ads are so boring. I barely even notice them. I think the kitchen remodel ad I got was because of JRod’s thread. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, tankgirl said:

I'm getting "buy shares" ads - I'm jealous! Where is my nude pest control ad?!? (Man, this is going to screw the algorithm.)

Also... I don't honestly see that Jesus is more honoured by Abbie having eight kids that she ignores as much as possible than having two. She could be working as a designer or something with two teenage kids, and honouring Christ as much as she is by constantly trying to convince herself she loves being pregnant and having young kids while handing off as much care as possible to someone else. Stop martyring yourself Abbie, or at least stop bringing innocent kids into the world as part of your martyrdom. Try martyring yourself by sending them to school and seeing a therapist about your issues, sheesh.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

I remember seeing one of those popular twin names lists, or something similar, where one of the pairs was “Heaven” and “Nevaeh”. Dear Lord.

I’ve long enjoyed writing stories. When I was much younger, not sure exactly how old I was (maybe 6/7/8), I made up a set of triplets called Holly, Molly and Polly :pb_lol: 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

Abby states that "gathering 18 sinners under a roof is asking for trouble (especially when many of those 18 are kids.) But when these sinners are drenched in the blood of Jesus, thinks will be oké."

Who writes stuff like this?? Why not just write something along the lines of "we enjoyed spending time with family; we ate, laughed and played boardgames".

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 10
  • I Agree 8

Forgot to add - the worst twin names I've seen was where both twins were named after the same saint with very similar names - think Christopher and Christian. I asked the mother why (keeping the "on God's green earth would you do that?!" part silent) and it was because she'd prayed to that saint when they were having difficulty conceiving and wanted to honour him. I was "... middle names maybe?"

57 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

"gathering 18 sinners under a roof is asking for trouble (especially when many of those 18 are kids.) But when these sinners are drenched in the blood of Jesus, thinks will be oké."

"Fortunately only Jesus' blood was shed, as the potential for intra-family massacre was quite high when we discovered one of the kids was cheating at Monopoly..."

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Zommom said:

Vacay a wrap. Tears of a martyr.8D471742-BF87-4462-B1C9-115E2128314B.thumb.png.94a134e51bb8b847bc46e8ea7bd8ec5f.png

I don’t feel a bit sorry for her. She chose to have too many children. She chose to be pregnant. She chose to go on a second vacation during a pandemic. She’s so damn privileged and has so many more choices than so many people in this world. Yet here she is. Constantly martyring herself for likes.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 3

She manages to look like the evil stepmother even when she's crying.  

"I'm exhausted and sad due to circumstances that were all entirely my choice and doing.  I just spent a week at the beach in a luxury rental, a vacation that millions of Americans could only dream of, but I have a sad because I'm swollen." 

Here you go Braggie:  :violin:

Jermajesty:  GMTA.  :)

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

Since we were talking about twins not having their own identity and treated as a unit, I thought I would share this link. These identical twin sisters with matching names married identical twin brothers with matching names. Now they live in the same house and are pregnant at the same time. My question is, what if one of the couples wants to divorce? Would the other couple guilt them into staying together? 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/identical-twin-sisters-married-identical-183043315.html

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

You know, Braggie's narcissism is a miserable problem that will affect her offspring for generations. I understand it begins with feeling inferior (in this case based on actual inferiority), so at it's core this is what bragging and flaunting her privelege is all about. (Haha fundie hokey pokey).

How did she get wrapped up in fundamental Christianity? I suspect she feels using her body as a living sacrifice to birth all these poor kids pays her due to Jesus and frees her to otherwise do what she wants. Going on vacay gets Shaun out of hiding and relieves the boredom of being at home? Plus getting to poor me all over the interwebs.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

33 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

You know, Braggie's narcissism is a miserable problem that will affect her offspring for generations. I understand it begins with feeling inferior (in this case based on actual inferiority), so at it's core this is what bragging and flaunting her privelege is all about. (Haha fundie hokey pokey).

How did she get wrapped up in fundamental Christianity? I suspect she feels using her body as a living sacrifice to birth all these poor kids pays her due to Jesus and frees her to otherwise do what she wants. Going on vacay gets Shaun out of hiding and relieves the boredom of being at home? Plus getting to poor me all over the interwebs.

She was raised fundie. Her parents might be a slightly different brand of fundie, but she still grew up fundie. If she had grown up mainstream, she likely wouldn’t be as much of a mommy martyr. 

• Upvote 4

She could probably find ways to make others miserable, look at our Orange Menace?

She could probably find ways to make others miserable, look at our Orange Menace?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I remember seeing one of those popular twin names lists, or something similar, where one of the pairs was “Heaven” and “Nevaeh”. Dear Lord.

At least that way, they may not feel the need to remind you that “It’s Heaven spelled backwards!”

• Haha 7

I have a feeling that when her kids are older, they will choose to either be estranged from her or "low contact" and refer to her as "my narc mom". She is just as bad as Lori Alexander except she has more of a filter than Lori does. She's Lori except younger.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I’ve long enjoyed writing stories. When I was much younger, not sure exactly how old I was (maybe 6/7/8), I made up a set of triplets called Holly, Molly and Polly :pb_lol: 

On line, I saw a set of twins named Angel and Legna.

When I was in kindergarten, the teacher used to read us stories about triplets named Flicka, Ricka, and Dicka.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 4

6 hours ago, Zommom said:

Vacay a wrap. Tears of a martyr.8D471742-BF87-4462-B1C9-115E2128314B.thumb.png.94a134e51bb8b847bc46e8ea7bd8ec5f.png

Oh my. Abbie is the queen of martyrbation. She has everyone in her life trained to fawn all over her and it still isn't enough. She needs the pity of internet strangers as well. The amount of priviledge and self-absorption is staggering. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

51 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

The amount of priviledge and self-absorption is staggering. 

Seriously.  Mind-blowing.

Posting a picture of yourself crying and saying "Nothing's wrong, really"  is teenager FB drama behavior.  She's so emotionally stunted.  I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in that beach house and see what her dad, brother and sister-in-law really think of her when no one's looking.  I'm guessing the eye-rolling is off the charts.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

Holy Jeebus Abbie...you're pathetic, you know that? Maybe you should grow up, put your big girl britches on and join the rest of us in the world of adulthood instead of staying an emo, attention-seeking teenybopper. You're roughly the same age as my oldest...and if she was doing this shit I'd have a real "come to Jeebus" talk with her. When SHE gets so tired she's on the verge of tears, I DO feel bad for her (my daughter)...a full time job, a kid, a husband, a zoo and working to finish a Master's degree...HER I feel sorry for at times...YOU, not one whit. 

I just totally can't with her anymore

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Ugh. Really? "Oh, I'm so tired... I voluntarily went on a really nice vacation in the middle of a pandemic while pregnant and I'm so exhausted! Waaaahhhh! Life is so hard, carrying this pregnancy I actively chose while going on a trip I chose to go on and doing all these things I didn't HAVE to do."

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic