IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus

Coconut Flan

I don’t mind when the endings are kind of similar. I’ve seen people want their twins to both end in the same letter. Which isn’t that matchy at all. Landon and Carson aren’t that matchy and I think they are fine. Or Ava and Isabella. Those are fine too. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I know a Jeffica...yes her dad’s name is Jeff. I thought he had a speech impediment the first time he told me her name?.

Worse than David Waller and Davida-

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Worse than David Waller and Davida-

Davia! I’m still waiting on Priscillo ;)

• Haha 12
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Davia! I’m still waiting on Priscillo ;)

Thanks, I wrongly guessed. Is Davia a real name?

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Worst matching twin names of which I have actual eyes-on knowledge = Eric and Erica. The mom thought it was soooooo cute and creative she could give them the boy/ girl version of the same name.

2nd worst set  = Lana ad Dana. Pronounced to rhyme Lay-na and Day-na.

3rd worst set = Kim and Kandy -- identical, so identical even their mother had serious trouble telling them apart. Bright, bright red curly hair, ton of freckles, always dressed in matching outfits.

At my college’s Open House weekend, there were twins named Sandra and Zandra.

ETA:  One of the members of the 70s group The Hues Corporation(“Rock The Boat”)was named Hubert after her father, but went by H. Ann Kelly.

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Thanks, I wrongly guessed. Is Davia a real name?

Davida is the more common female version of David. I never heard of Davia until the Wallers. 

• Upvote 1

After reading today’s IG, it’s a gem, folks, I’ve decided that when she makes these posts, she is actually addressing herself. SHE is the person who needs to hear and integrate these messages. Once the babies are born will she post today’s IG picture on her bathroom mirror as motivation? Why would a person with body image issues post a picture like that on the www? Is she looking for some sort of adoration? Would Abbie be horrified to know that she looks similar to how most late 30s, grand multip carrying twins would look at 31 weeks? She needs to know that she is not EXTRAordinary, but rather average. Nobody is going to look twice at her (yes, at her gaggle of kids), but not at her.

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Davida is the more common female version of David. I never heard of Davia until the Wallers. 

To their credit, Davia rolls off the tongue better than Davida.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

After reading today’s IG, it’s a gem, folks, I’ve decided that when she makes these posts, she is actually addressing herself. SHE is the person who needs to hear and integrate these messages. Once the babies are born will she post today’s IG picture on her bathroom mirror as motivation? Why would a person with body image issues post a picture like that on the www? Is she looking for some sort of adoration? Would Abbie be horrified to know that she looks similar to how most late 30s, grand multip carrying twins would look at 31 weeks? She needs to know that she is not EXTRAordinary, but rather average. Nobody is going to look twice at her (yes, at her gaggle of kids), but not at her.

To their credit, Davia rolls off the tongue better than Davida.

I think she does everything for attention and admiration. She loves hearing how brave she is for posting about her veiny leg. Or he swollen ankles. But you are right. She’s pretty ordinary. Most almost 38 year old pregnant women have issues like this. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she does everything for attention and admiration. She loves hearing how brave she is for posting about her veiny leg. Or he swollen ankles. But you are right. She’s pretty ordinary. Most almost 38 year old pregnant women have issues like this. 

I think being average and less than a stand out, really chaps her hide. I have a childhood friend who lives her life being over the top. She’s a really nice gal, but everything always needs to be over-the-top and a challenge. Her last kid, an unmedicated birth at age 40, resulted in an 11.5 lb baby. My friend, now in her 60s probably weighs 100 lbs. She started running because she wanted to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Her motto has always been to be the best or to win. Why do it if the goal isn’t to win. So opposite from me. We both ran 1/2 marathons the year we turned 45. She ran to win her age group, and my goal was to finish. In that sense, we both won! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

So, post after post after post she make negative comments on her “outer image.” She even poses in a way to hide that veiny leg. So now we are to believe she cares more for her heart condition and not her image? And her evidence is the smile of a kid? Not everything else she posts and all the other evidence of what she really values. Her kid looooves her, so there IG haters!

• Upvote 4

I work with a Donald whose twin sister is named Donna. So creative. I also know a Timothy and Anthony pair, and an Angela and Allison pair, which I think work OK, match but not TOO matchy. I know that the parents of the girls didn't know there were twins until they were born and thought it was just one boy, so they get a little slack I think for picking names with a matching initial. 
I like coordinating but not too matchy twin names, personally. 
I'm past the option of having kids but if I had I'd have used names from my grandparents and great grandparents. There were a few great ones there to choose from (despite my favorite - True - recently being used by a Kardashian or something).

I know a set of elderly triplets named Donald, Donna & Donnis.

I always fantasized that it would be fun to have either b/g or b/b twins & name them Milo & Maize (I’m from KS where we grow both crops), but wouldn’t have had the guts to actually do it lol.
  • Upvote 1

In the 90s I cared for identical twin boys in the Nicu whose names were Norman Delix and DeNorman Felix. 

• WTF 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

In the 90s I cared for identical twin boys in the Nicu whose names were Norman Delix and DeNorman Felix. 

You win. ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 8/12/2020 at 3:22 PM, catlady said:

I don’t know anyone IRL with poorly chosen twin names, but I did have an old friend with two non-twin kids and named them Michelle and Michael; I think they were a year apart.

These really don't bother me; they're related names but pronounced completely differently.  

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn't choose either one myself, but I put Davia way higher on the list. It flows better, plus doesn't immediately make you think, guess her dad is named David, lol. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Try Mel and Melba. Fir real.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Try Mel and Melba. Fir real.

Almost as bad as Aaron and Erin- I don’t know any twins with this name combo, but I’ll bet some parents, somewhere, have used it.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Definitely. Abbie's IG is essentially just a running commentary on her current anxieties and neurosis. Every single time she posts about struggles with parenting, there's a rant several days later. When she posts about eating sugar and not working out, its followed by a fast. She was struggling to convince herself that she wasn't having sensory issues with her hair, then she cuts it. She was freaking out about her vacation, she makes it about BLM. Now she's on about body image which of course means she's struggling to love her swollen abdomen, veiny legs, and water retention. But here's the rub: she doesn't have to love those things. They aren't a symbol of superiorty. They aren't a ticket to heaven. These things are simply the human condition. Bodies get worn out as you get older. Exercise and diet will help but they'll never delay the inevitable. Abbie is getting older and it's not hard to see that her body isn't loving being pregnant at 40. It may be time to hang up your uterus, Abbie old girl.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

There's one verified set of twins in my family, born in 1827 - Amanda and Amando. ?‍♀️

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 9

The homeschool materials she posted, I don’t know if she made them or is just associated with them, but they don’t look like any school materials I’ve ever seen in my life. They look aesthetically aimed towards adults, definitely not kids. Kids have a hard time reading fancy fonts and can’t read cursive. They do better with primary colors they know. There are plenty of schools that teach about apples and pumpkins in the fall, but candy corn? What? Types of pumpkins and squash? Who needs to know that? I don’t think that this would be appealing towards any kids I’ve ever met. 
oh, and don’t miss the bit where Abbie admits that she only prints out the stuff that she thinks will be worthy of hanging up or posting. Which is just not how your average worksheet for a kindergartner looks......

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

She doesn't even look pregnant in that photo.  She looks like any perfectly normal, medium-sized american woman.  The "oh woe is me I'm so ginormous" trope is getting really, REALLY old.

19 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

oh, and don’t miss the bit where Abbie admits that she only prints out the stuff that she thinks will be worthy of hanging up or posting. Which is just not how your average worksheet for a kindergartner looks......

Because as always, it's all about her.  Normal kid worksheets in primary colors wouldn't go with her aesthetic or her IG posts, so no-go.

• Upvote 8

35 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She doesn't even look pregnant in that photo.  She looks like any perfectly normal, medium-sized american woman.  The "oh woe is me I'm so ginormous" trope is getting really, REALLY old.

Because as always, it's all about her.  Normal kid worksheets in primary colors wouldn't go with her aesthetic or her IG posts, so no-go.

I get that she has body issues and I do sympathize but her posts will just drive people away. It’s hard for someone categorized as overweight or obese to look at Braggie hating on her smaller than average twin bump. It just comes off as tone deaf and an attention seeking pity party. As an overweight person, you get tired of having to constantly reassure your thin friend that they aren’t fat. I’ve had to do this many times in my life and it has always annoyed me.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, anachronistic said:

and don’t miss the bit where Abbie admits that she only prints out the stuff that she thinks will be worthy of hanging up or posting. Which is just not how your average worksheet for a kindergartner looks......

Sadly, this does not surprise me in the least because Abbie is the one who got angry with her kid because he made a sculpture out of random objects in his room and left it on a shelf.  In his room.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Identical triplet brothers I knew growing up -- Terry, Perry, and Jerry 

I know identical twins named Terry and Jerry! (Terrence and Gerald)

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, catlady said:

Sadly, this does not surprise me in the least because Abbie is the one who got angry with her kid because he made a sculpture out of random objects in his room and left it on a shelf.  In his room.

And mentioned the reason that the creation bothered her was because the pest guy was coming that day to spray the inside of her house. WHAT...who cares what the pest control person thinks?  It’s not like her kid’s room qualified for a spot on Hoarders.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic