IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I was thinking the same thing. I'd also speculate that mom has been enabling and coddling Princess Abbie her whole life and dad is probably pretty tired of it.

Could not agree more with your last paragraph.  If I am lucky enough to have grandchildren, I will adore spending time with them and spoiling them.  I would want them to have the same happy memories I did of spending a blissful week each summer at each grandparents' home and visits on holidays.  My parents also gave that to my kids.  But barring death or disability, I will not be providing daycare or homeschooling.  I did my time on that front, for four kids, and I'm not interested in doing it again.  I am a person with a life and interests and hobbies of my own, and am also looking forward to spending uninterrupted time with my husband whenever he's able to retire.

I am a mom of 2 and Mimi to one. I have helped my daughter in a crunch; when she was hospitalized when her daughter was a newborn, and in the last year I did fly down to help with homeschooling, as my daughter is a principal and also had to fill in to teach when one of her teachers became quite sick. But I volunteered. It was not an expectation or a weekly event. Plus, my daughter likes kids, and does well with them because she is interested in them, but has decided one is enough for her. I grew up in house with only younger brothers. It was loud and messy, and I was expected to help, period. I always knew that I would never have a house full of kids. I don’t have the personality or disposition for it. My daughter is an introvert and very quiet. Her husband and daughter are loud. I can’t imagine if she had a houseful. 

Abbie is not healthy where family size is concerned. I would also put money on the idea that Shaun would be perfectly fine with ending the seemingly never ending trail of blessings. From what I understand, his folks aren’t even religious. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

Braggie said her dad worked very long hours when she was growing up so her mom could stay home and homeschool the two kids. I imagine she barely saw her dad and because of it, didn’t have much of a bond with him. But she likely spent 24/7 with her mom. It’s one of the many problems with homeschooling fundies. Dad is gone all the time because he has to be the only money provider for the family and the kids don’t get much time with him. Sounds like Shaun.

• Upvote 13

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie said her dad worked very long hours when she was growing up so her mom could stay home and homeschool the two kids. I imagine she barely saw her dad and because of it, didn’t have much of a bond with him. But she likely spent 24/7 with her mom. It’s one of the many problems with homeschooling fundies. Dad is gone all the time because he has to be the only money provider for the family and the kids don’t get much time with him. Sounds like Shaun.

Abbie’s stories about her family never quite add up. Her dad was working all the time, yet they were poor...and he lives in a house where she lived on her own 1500 sq foot floor. Maybe her dad inherited money or won the lottery after she was married.  And if they were so poor, wouldn’t that necessitate her mother also holding a job? It does sound like her mother is an educated woman. Perhaps her father wouldn’t give in to Abbie’s every quirky whim-

• Upvote 12

Abbie’s definition of ‘poor’ is apparently much different than most other people’s.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

4 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Abbie’s definition of ‘poor’ is apparently much different than most other people’s.

No doubt.

Her stories don't add up because narcissists usually tell so many lies they have trouble keeping them straight.  She's told too many to count, the biggest whopper for me being that she doesn't really care about social media and the time she is on it is only a "ministry."  Yeah...that's why you're posting bathroom selfies on your family vacation.  

• Upvote 11

I wonder if she has even thought about how being Covid positive at the time of the twins birth would affect the details. If Shaun is positive, he couldn’t be there. If she is positive, she gets a quick glance before the babies are whisked away. She might not get to be in the same room with them for weeks, let alone hold/feed them. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 4

Or if her mother is positive, who’s going to watch the kids while she and Shaun are at the hospital? Or who takes care of a COVID positive kid or kids during all of that?  

I don’t think she has thought it through at all. She thinks God will protect her.?

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Or if her mother is positive, who’s going to watch the kids while she and Shaun are at the hospital? Or who takes care of a COVID positive kid or kids during all of that?  

I don’t think she has thought it through at all. She thinks God will protect her.?

That’s what happens when you are privileged as Braggie and have to find things to martyr yourself over. 

• Upvote 6

Who would take of her kids if her mom gets sick?
MIL, FIL, SIL, Brother, Ezra and Simon. They’ll split them up; divide and conquer.

• Upvote 3

Saw the beach pic...12 kids, a couple of toddlers and infants in the mix, hot weather, Covid pandemic, 31 weeks PG with twins and a monstrous varicose vein...the last place in the world I’d want to be would be on a crowded beach. Hope she’s keeping hydrated, and counting heads like mad. Just my opinion, but that would be no vacation. If was I her, I’d rather send the whole lot, husband included, to the beach, and stay home all alone!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

If was I her, I’d rather send the whole lot, husband included, to the beach, and stay home all alone!

Seriously. I would stay in the beach house a/c or on the balcony. Or wherever grandpa is, but he might be hiding from her. Too many kids and too many weeks pg in a pandemic at the beach. It’s crazy anti-life to me. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

I’m shaking my head at her insistence on travel at a zillion weeks of pregnancy during a pandemic. When my mom was 8 months along in a perfectly healthy pregnancy, her doctor put the kibosh on our annual two-hour car trip to Grandma’s for Christmas.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I told you guys she has to find ways to martyr herself! That way everyone on Instagram with tell her how amazeballs she is for doing it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

I actually live near the beach and go a lot. Let me assure you, I do it for the kids, because it isn’t for my rest and relaxation. You have to always be alert. Kids need constant supervision and help in the water. They need sunscreen reapplied 5000 times. They need (want) food. ALL THE TIME. The sun is nice, but it could also be pretty rough, too. Then, when the sun does let up, it can get cold! Don’t forget potty breaks. Sand in their eyes. Poopy swim diapers. And sand in the towels, the blankets, butt cracks, and always in the food. Did I mention food? No matter how fun it is, I am always stressed, but it’s par for the course, so I deal with it and make the best of it. Unless Abbie completely abdicates all her responsibilities, she will be stressed the max out. 100% guaranteed. If she does “help” this could be a very bad turn of events for her. Oh, ya. There’s a pandemic. So, she’s crazy.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

My homes are near the beach. I can be on the sand in 5 minutes, tops. I like seeing the beach and love the fresh air, but I hate the sand. It’s been a long time since I’ve actually been on the beach.

• Upvote 3

My MIL, who was living in NYC, was unexpectedly pregnant with her 4th and final (my husband! All C-sections) and wanted to go to a family wedding shower in Baltimore. She was 7-8 months pregnant at this time. Her OB admonished, "Don't call me from the Molly Pitcher rest stop!" in New Jersey saying she was in labor. My MIL did go to the party as it was for a dear sibling, but she said she did feel a little foolish and didn't leave town again until that baby was born. 

And now she tells me about it every time we pass the Molly Pitcher rest stop :) 

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 5

Guys, Braggie Abbie posted this and it is very sad. If she possesses the self-awareness that she is unable to mother all of her children, she should use the brain God has given her to use NFP and make a sensible decision.

Also, Braggie Abbie has a social media addiction. She probably gets a hit of dopamine every time someone "likes" her pictures or posts. She has lacks self-control.

abbie2.PNG

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Sad 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

12 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Guys, Braggie Abbie posted this and it is very sad. If she possesses the self-awareness that she is unable to mother all of her children, she should use the brain God has given her to use NFP and make a sensible decision.

Also, Braggie Abbie has a social media addiction. She probably gets a hit of dopamine every time someone "likes" her pictures or posts. 

abbie2.PNG

Yes, I thought the same thing when I saw that. How can all these folks Proclaim such love for children when they short change them with just about every decision they make? Having more of anything doesn’t make you cherish individual people or things more. Quite honestly, it’s the exact opposite, you start to take those things for granted. Why don’t these baby collectors see this? If she really cherished 1 yr & a few months old Shibear, she would have exercised some self control and gave him the luxury of her individual attention and loving arms for a whole lot longer. 

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 12

5 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Also, Braggie Abbie has a social media addiction. She probably gets a hit of dopamine every time someone "likes" her pictures or posts. 

abbie2.PNG

I can't stand these types of posts. I assume that it's meant to be cute but it just looks like neglect to me. Like the pregnancy announcements with kids crying because they get kicked out of their crib. Putting your child's obvious distress on display for attention is gross.

Of course Shiloh wants "up". He's a baby. Abbie sees herself as the embodiment of sacrifice for motherhood but ironically her vision is achieved at the cost of her children's well being. Shiloh doesn't understand what's happening and looks upset. It will only get worse because once the twins are born, Abbie will have zero time for him.

Maybe he can team up with Honor and they can raise hell.

• Upvote 16

I didn’t follow AH when she had the first set of multiples, but from what she has said about the experience, I am almost afraid for what might happen when these 2 are born. Shiloh will still be a tiny toddler, and the older boys will be back in school. Her poor mother. Things are about to get real ugly at that house. I can’t even imagine the snotty attitude AH will display. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I was 36 weeks with my 2nd daughter with a history of preterm labor (big sis was born 3.5 weeks early). My OB checked me over and permitted me to go on vacation with my mom and dad, and hubby and daughter (I had no pre-term labor with daughter 2).  However--before I left, I needed to have the name of a hospital that was close by and an OB, just in case.  All this had to be given to and verified by my doc before I was leaving.

The family we were staying with knew the situation and they were prepared (they like strategy games, so this was fun for them, I learned later).  They had lined up baby gear.  Someone familiar with the area and with a driver's license was always with me.  We were never more than 30 minutes from the hospital.  They kept me well-hydrated and comfortable. They were actually disappointed that daughter 2 wasn't born there.  :)

I was amazed that they did all that.  I didn't expect to be fussed over--truthfully I was horrified.  I thanked them over and over, only to be told, "Family helps family.  This is what we do, love."

At the beach, my oldest daughter lifted up my shirt so "Sissy can see the water, mommy."

I see Braggie as going in, expecting to be waited on hand and foot because...well, she's Braggie.  I don't think any of her kids would want to show their unborn brothers the ocean--they probably feel pushed aside.  

It makes me sad to know that Braggie ignores the memories she could be making with her kids.  That those kids won't have those memories to share if they ever reminisce.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 21

How can you not just melt when your little one comes up, raises their little arms and says "up"??? I'm a total sucker for that...I mean TOTAL!!! It's even worse when it's a grandbaby...oh my god...just turn me into a pile of mush. 

Abbie...quit having kids...you're incapable of caring for them in any purposeful way. They're NOT trophies...

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Also, Braggie Abbie has a social media addiction. She probably gets a hit of dopamine every time someone "likes" her pictures or posts. She has lacks self-control.

abbie2.PNG

Im sure he is used to not having his mom’s undivided attention. And, I seriously doubt Abbie is ever his first choice for “up.”  (Looks like his brother was occupied doing “mans work” with the beef.) 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Zommom said:

Im sure he is used to not having his mom’s undivided attention. And, I seriously doubt Abbie is ever his first choice for “up.”  (Looks like his brother was occupied doing “mans work” with the beef.) 

Didn't she post recently that he wanted Ezra instead of her, when he bumped his head or something?

• Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic