IGNORED

Maxwell 38: Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters Have to Replace the Vests for the Wedding

Coconut Flan

8 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

So, Chris isn't flying out until Monday on a long weekend. But, also the weekend Jesse is supposedly getting married. Since Chris isn't going until Monday, I'm guessing there is still a wedding on Saturday that he will need to attend (and probably take really crappy pictures of). 

I know she is in the hospital & he can't see her unless she's out, so that *could* account for not taking advantage of the long weekend. But, there is no guarantee she will be out on Monday either, so...I'm sticking with a wedding going ahead as planned.

Ooooh! I forgot about the wedding! 

I wonder how long they’ll make us wait to see pictures. The least they can do is provide lots of sneak peeks. I mean, we’re in the midst of a pandemic! Lots of people are doing things to make quarantine easier; the Maxwells could do their part. Heh. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

I agree the wedding is still on. The registry still lists the date as this weekend and a large majority of their registry from Amazon and BB&B is already bought. 

• Upvote 6

51 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

So, Chris isn't flying out until Monday on a long weekend. But, also the weekend Jesse is supposedly getting married. Since Chris isn't going until Monday, I'm guessing there is still a wedding on Saturday that he will need to attend (and probably take really crappy pictures of). 

I know she is in the hospital & he can't see her unless she's out, so that *could* account for not taking advantage of the long weekend. But, there is no guarantee she will be out on Monday either, so...I'm sticking with a wedding going ahead as planned.

I think it’s a combination of both of these things. Jesse May still get be getting married even if just with both families present. 

• Upvote 4

God bless her and whatever it takes her to get through this experience, both physically and mentally, go for it! I do think it’s interesting that she thanks the aunties for all the care and making Chris’s trip possible. These fundies are something else. They treat adult women like infants in terms of freedoms, yet at the same time pile on all the work and responsibilities. What a horrible life for a Maxwell (née) woman.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

I would be a little concerned if I was her to be near Christopher who had just flown on a plane. My family is not immunocompromised and would still not want to be around someone as they got off the plane. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 12

19 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

I would be a little concerned if I was her to be near Christopher who had just flown on a plane. My family is not immunocompromised and would still not want to be around someone as they got off the plane. 

I was thinking the same thing. Especially if the wedding goes on this Saturday as planned. Even if it's just the two families, that still puts Christopher within range of people from other communities, plus all the people he encounters on the plane. I don't want to tell someone fighting cancer how to live her life, and if Christopher's visit is what's going to get her through this difficult week, then maybe it's a good thing, but if I was Christopher, I wouldn't want to go near my cancer-stricken, neutropenic wife after attending a wedding and flying on a plane. I just hope they've sought solid medical advice about this visit.

Edited by Bethy
I forgot the last sentence
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I had to read that line a few times...about the beginning of their courtship. 

THEY HAD NEVER MET?????

Am I reading that correctly?  I guess he needed to fly out there and see if she was good enough to even be “an option.” It was time to get married, he looked at his parents’ list of contacts and picked Anna’s family? 

I believe they had met during one of the Maxwell's "ministry" trips, prior to the courtship. *

But, you know how those meetings go.  The guy (supposedly) hardly notices the bride-to-be when he first meets her.  Talks to everyone in the family except for her.  Then later gets a lightening bolt from God that he should court and marry her.

*Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong about this

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, kpmom said:

I believe they had met during one of the Maxwell's "ministry" trips, prior to the courtship. *

But, you know how those meetings go.  The guy (supposedly) hardly notices the bride-to-be when he first meets her.  Talks to everyone in the family except for her.  Then later gets a lightening bolt from God that he should court and marry her.

*Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong about this

That sounds about right. They are introduced, but think so little of the person they were introduced to they hardly remember. 

Until god tells them they are supposed to marry that person they barely met and only vaguely remember. And, now that they know god means for them to marry, THEY ARE BEST FRIENDS AND THE LOVE OF EACH OTHER'S LIVES! Because god said so. 

And, I feel remiss - I wish Anna all the best in her recovery & to be able to get on with her treatment in a healthy, productive manner. I do not think her husband visiting, after a family wedding & air travel, is a wise move. But, I don't have god on my side so what do I know? 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 20

Based on Anna’s updates, she was very concerned about anything delaying her treatments. I certainly understand that. This hospitalization must be so upsetting on many levels. I wish her the best and I hope she can visit with Christopher in person and that they all remain free of any Covid-19 symptoms from his travel. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Especially since she chose the different administration of chemo to try to minimize side effects and because of that was far away from her immediate family, she probably feels a bit betrayed or even responsible now for the separation.  She shouldn't as this could happen to anyone and they chose the path that they thought was the right one at the time.  That's all any of us can do.  I think she's was counting on this approach to get her through with fewer set backs.

• Upvote 13

On 5/19/2020 at 8:40 PM, PennySycamore said:

@AliceInFundyland,  you might be able to find an alarm clock to your liking at the Vermont Country Store.  I know they sell good old Westclox Big Bens and Baby Bens as well as other analog alarm clocks.  They've even got one that doesn't tick if the ticking bothers you.   (I can't recall from the previous Rod thread if you are someone who needs complete silence to sleep or not.)  Vermont Country Store is a good source of low tech products as is Lehman's.  Some of Lehman's customer base is Amish/Mennonite and they sell a lot of non-electric stuff.  

1949 Westclox Big Ben Alarm Clock

Thank you. I will look. I do like some noises, not ticking. It's actually light, with clocks. I have a studio, one room. And I have so many things with a light I need to tape over. I just replaced my TV. Fml, when I turned it off I was horrified to discover a two inch white led light strip needing to be disguised. Whhhy?

And so, with clocks, I am not a person who wants to be reminded of the time in three inch high numbers All Night Long. You Know? I have enough trials.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I'm a little concerned about these "natural supplements". Lady, stop the b.s. and get the medications you need. SIX kids are at home and will be riased by Teri if you die. And, probably a step-mother in a few years. You can do it. Pray, of course, but Anna? Take the Meds.

I'm sure Christo is blessing the couple with his superb modest wedding photos. UGH. I want to know where they will live. Then we'll need a pool on first child's date of birth, SEX, name etc.

• Upvote 11

I'm really excited for more awkward pics of bottled water, backs of heads, the dress on a plastic hanger, filters, and group pics taken at an angle, looking up. 

15 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Thank you. I will look. I do like some noises, not ticking. It's actually light, with clocks. I have a studio, one room. And I have so many things with a light I need to tape over. I just replaced my TV. Fml, when I turned it off I was horrified to discover a two inch white led light strip needing to be disguised. Whhhy?

And so, with clocks, I am not a person who wants to be reminded of the time in three inch high numbers All Night Long. You Know? I have enough trials.

Could you use your phone as an alarm and just put it face down?

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'm really excited for more awkward pics of bottled water, backs of heads, the dress on a plastic hanger, filters, and group pics taken at an angle, looking up. 

And masks. Don't forget the mask pics on the bridal party from that wedding Christopher shot at the very beginning of this. Although...at this point, with masks actually being recommended...

How crafty are the Craigs? Bets on whether the bridal party will be wearing homemade masks in the wedding colors/made from remnant bridesmaid dress fabric?

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Could you use your phone as an alarm and just put it face down?

Well, yes, of course.

?

But.. in this low tech idea I have I want to move the phone and the tablet away from me around a certain time of evening - and plug them in elsewhere. So that means a different alarm and whatnot. I'm trying to do good habits all across the board. It takes some work. Sleep is especially hard to conquer ?.blahblahblah

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I'm a little concerned about these "natural supplements". Lady, stop the b.s. and get the medications you need. SIX kids are at home and will be riased by Teri if you die. And, probably a step-mother in a few years. You can do it. Pray, of course, but Anna? Take the Meds.

I mostly agree with what you are saying about "natural supplements) and it is hard to know what she is taking since she is vague about it but several people I know (including my MD aunt) did natural iron supplements while going through chemo, it was just easier on their stomachs and their bodies seemed to tolerate and absorb it better. 

So while I am wary of chemo "natural supplements' if they are supplements that have been approved by her doctor to help her blood counts that is a little different, IMO. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

That is my biggest fear, Anna doesn't survive and Teri and the Spinsters helping raise those kids.  Look how Teri's spawn turned out...smug, arrogant, and judgemental.  As for a step mom can't imagine there are many widowed or maiden fundies Chris's age.  Hope he doesn't marry someone Mary's age or younger and spawn 10-15 more.

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I'm really excited for more awkward pics of bottled water, backs of heads, the dress on a plastic hanger, filters, and group pics taken at an angle.

To hell with pics, I want to know if there's a sermon about death and Steve's repaired vas deferens.

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 8

I can understand why Chris would want to visit Anna, though I wonder about the logistics of him keeping a proper distance - especially after being on an airplane.

Isn't the baby with Anna's parents now?  There was no mention of him staying in the hospital with her.  Perhaps Chris is thinking about bringing him back to KS?

• Upvote 10

I'm hoping he has brains enough to at least go shower before he goes to the hospital. I'm not holding my breath on that, mind you.

I'm REALLY excited to see "I'm really excited for more awkward pics of bottled water, backs of heads, the dress on a plastic hanger, filters, and group pics taken at an angle" at Jesse's wedding. Also group pictures of wide-stance guys and then the barf-inducing everyone who's married kissing pictures--blech. I'm also curious if any of the "crews" are in the wedding. I vote for Arnold and the Dog to be ring bearer and flower bearer but I imagine we won't be that lucky.

• Upvote 9

I

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I'm hoping he has brains enough to at least go shower before he goes to the hospital. I'm not holding my breath on that, mind you.

I'm REALLY excited to see "I'm really excited for more awkward pics of bottled water, backs of heads, the dress on a plastic hanger, filters, and group pics taken at an angle" at Jesse's wedding. Also group pictures of wide-stance guys and then the barf-inducing everyone who's married kissing pictures--blech. I'm also curious if any of the "crews" are in the wedding. I vote for Arnold and the Dog to be ring bearer and flower bearer but I imagine we won't be that lucky.

I don't think Chris will be allowed in the hospital. Perhaps that is why he is waiting until next week- so she'll be out. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, nvmbr02 said:

I mostly agree with what you are saying about "natural supplements) and it is hard to know what she is taking since she is vague about it but several people I know (including my MD aunt) did natural iron supplements while going through chemo, it was just easier on their stomachs and their bodies seemed to tolerate and absorb it better. 

So while I am wary of chemo "natural supplements' if they are supplements that have been approved by her doctor to help her blood counts that is a little different, IMO. 

I am an academic and totally into peer reviewed literature.  I do not do "woo".  That said, if I was fighting cancer I would resort to everything that might offer hope, including any natural supplements that offered hope without increasing risk.  As long as natural supplements are being used alongside top-notch medicine I think all is well.  What worried me was Anna's earlier comment that her choice of treatment fell outside the "standard of care".  That triggered some alarm bells for me.

And in terms of Chris' arrival on Monday.  I will admit it made sense to me and seemed almost prudent.  It gives her time to recover and hopefully be home.  It would be awful for him to come out and not to be able to see her.  I don't agree with their theology and tendency push it on others, but like many here, I also hope for only the best for Anna and her husband.  I cannot think of anything more heartbreaking than not being able one's husband.  I hope he keeps his distance, though.  How difficult to be living through chemo and not be able to held by your husband. I am genuinely sad for her.

1 minute ago, daisyjane1234 said:

I am an academic and totally into peer reviewed literature.  I do not do "woo".  That said, if I was fighting cancer I would resort to everything that might offer hope, including any natural supplements that offered hope without increasing risk.  As long as natural supplements are being used alongside top-notch medicine I think all is well.  What worried me was Anna's earlier comment that her choice of treatment fell outside the "standard of care".  That triggered some alarm bells for me.

And in terms of Chris' arrival on Monday.  I will admit it made sense to me and seemed almost prudent.  It gives her time to recover and hopefully be home.  It would be awful for him to come out and not to be able to see her.  I don't agree with their theology and tendency push it on others, but like many here, I also hope for only the best for Anna and her husband.  I cannot think of anything more heartbreaking than not being able one's husband.  I hope he keeps his distance, though.  How difficult to be living through chemo and not be able to held by your husband. I am genuinely sad for her.

Edited by daisyjane1234
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, fundiefan said:

That sounds about right. They are introduced, but think so little of the person they were introduced to they hardly remember. 

Until god tells them they are supposed to marry that person they barely met and only vaguely remember. And, now that they know god means for them to marry, THEY ARE BEST FRIENDS AND THE LOVE OF EACH OTHER'S LIVES! Because god said so. 

I can believe people who say they married their best friend... except if they preface it with all this "we barely met before planning a courtship with parental permission and guidance" stuff.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I'm worried for Anna Marie. I am also sad that she is in this cult. I am sad she and her loser trumpster husband are raising kids in this cult. I hate all of this. A cycle that doesn't end. I hate that I read their stupid blog. Only to see if Sarah finds love or freedom. Gah! 

144f171d178130abf22414dedb6c74fe.jpg

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic