IGNORED

Maxwell 38: Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters Have to Replace the Vests for the Wedding

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I'm worried for Anna Marie. I am also sad that she is in this cult. I am sad she and her loser trumpster husband are raising kids in this cult. I hate all of this. A cycle that doesn't end. I hate that I read their stupid blog. Only to see if Sarah finds love or freedom. Gah! 

144f171d178130abf22414dedb6c74fe.jpg

I'll quote myself and say allegedly a cult. A cult in my opinion. This is all my opinion. I have no proof they are raising children in a cult. I just imagine their religion to be cult-like. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

Disappointing lack of content from the Maxes this week. A throwaway post on Monday (that could have been - and probably was - written months ago) and then Anna Marie's hospitalization updates which couldn't have been foreseen. They must be really busy getting ready for this wedding!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

New post up. Anna Marie is still in the hospital, but Christopher is flying out to visit on Monday.

• Upvote 5

They have a super secret wedding going on this week so minimal blogging is expected.  Next week, the blog will be full of canned "Jesse is married" posts or, for branding "Fifth Maxwell son who owns his own home debt free gets married" posts & a shit ton of pictures. All of which will be interchangeable with the pictures & posts about Joe's wedding & John's wedding. I wonder what colors they'll have? The last 3 Maxwell weddings were some shade/variation of green(ish) - pastel for Anna & Chris, neon for Joe & Elissa, Teal for John & Chelsy. I'm also really curious about the size of the bridal party. Chelsy's was obnoxiously, ostentatiously, huge. 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 8

I'm looking forward to the ridiculous courtship story about how Jesse prayed and fasted for months before asking Anna's daddy for permission to pursue a relationship. And of course, how their families first met and Jesse didn't even notice Anna, because girls are icky until God tells you to marry one!

• Upvote 23
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

I'm looking forward to the ridiculous courtship story about how Jesse prayed and fasted for months before asking Anna's daddy for permission to pursue a relationship. And of course, how their families first met and Jesse didn't even notice Anna, because girls are icky until God tells you to marry one!

I bet they met through Chelsy at the Bible Bee.   And I hope he didn’t notice her too much if it was a few years ago. Because she’s only 19. I’m always creeped out when older fundie guys in their 20s show interest in fundie girls who aren’t even legal adults yet. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

They have a super secret wedding going on this week so minimal blogging is expected.  Next week, the blog will be full of canned "Jesse is married" posts or, for branding "Fifth Maxwell son who owns his own home debt free gets married" posts & a shit ton of pictures. All of which will be interchangeable with the pictures & posts about Joe's wedding & John's wedding. I wonder what colors they'll have? The last 3 Maxwell weddings were some shade/variation of green(ish) - pastel for Anna & Chris, neon for Joe & Elissa, Teal for John & Chelsy. I'm also really curious about the size of the bridal party. Chelsy's was obnoxiously, ostentatiously, huge. 

Some churches have a covid wedding policy of only x number of people plus the wedding party due to seating capacity. So if they want to invite anyone other than close family, they may be “forced” to have a large wedding party (superfluous ushers, etc). Or maybe make Sarah Maxwell a photographer as well?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet they met through Chelsy at the Bible Bee.   And I hope he didn’t notice her too much if it was a few years ago. Because she’s only 19. I’m always creeped out when older fundie guys in their 20s show interest in fundie girls who aren’t even legal adults yet. 

No doubt they met through the Bontragers. The Craig's pop up in their blogs pretty regularly, in pictures even if their names aren't mentioned. they do those family camp things, and I somehow got it in my head that is where Jesse & Anna met. Of course, I don't know that, but somewhere along the line my brain decided it was a family camp. 

We will no doubt find out when they met - and, as we've already said, didn't even notice each other - at some point in the timeline of the Maxwell wedding posts. 

• Upvote 7

do we think Christopher will return in time for Jesse's wedding?

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

do we think Christopher will return in time for Jesse's wedding?

He isn't leaving for Washington until Monday - after Jesse's wedding tomorrow. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

I don't mean to sound harsh but why oh why is Chris going from his extended family and family wedding to immunocompromised Anna via an airplane. 

The level of stupid there! 

If he really needs to go he should at least skip the wedding. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

If a wedding takes place tomorrow which I think it will today is Jesse's final day under the authority of Steve.

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

If a wedding takes place tomorrow which I think it will today is Jesse's final day under the authority of Steve.

and Anna's final day not under the authority of Steve, by proxy.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 6
  • Haha 5

My guess is that they will have the wedding in Ohio since that’s where the bride is from. The governor of Ohio said weddings with 300 guests are allowed starting in June. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

and Anna's final day not under the authority of Steve, by proxy.

Poor girl. It can be hard enough figuring out how to live with someone but throw in the insane levels of enmeshment the family has I can’t imagine this will be an easy transition.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

So will the Maxwells drive to OH? If so, do they caravan? Will both mommy-aunties drive with Chris, or only Anna? If Chris drives his kids, will he drive back to KS, and then fly to WA? If not, who drives his kids back to KS? Surely they’re not all flying to OH? Could the wedding possibly be held in KS or in some location closer to the M family? Logistics matter!

• Upvote 9

Answering my own question. The Parents ride to OH with Chris,  his crew and Anna. Sarah rides with Joe and his crew. Mary rides with Nathan’s crew. Steve , Teri and Anna drive Chris’s crew back home, and Chris flies from OH to WA. Either that or Chris is going to have a very busy and tiring weekend.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Answering my own question. The Parents ride to OH with Chris,  his crew and Anna. Sarah rides with Joe and his crew. Mary rides with Nathan’s crew. Steve , Teri and Anna drive Chris’s crew back home, and Chris flies from OH to WA. Either that or Chris is going to have a very busy and tiring weekend.

That could easily be what they are going to do. 

• Upvote 4

On 5/22/2020 at 12:53 PM, fundiefan said:

shit ton of pictures.

Corrected: "Shit ton of BAD pictures"

Wedding colors: Terracotta and Greenery and gray suits/brown shoes/suspenders for the guys. I read the colors here: https://www.elegantweddinginvites.com/wedding-blog/top-10-wedding-color-trends-to-inspire-in-2020/

Count down to the pregnancy announcement.

Name Predictions: Charlotte Trinity or Abner Steven

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

What’s really weird is that all the Maxwell sons started courting at roughly the same age, 25, according to Duggar Data. That’s not taking Joseph’s failed courtship into account, nor the fact that Chris started courting rather later than that (comparatively speaking). John married at 26 almost 27, and Nathan, Joseph and Jesse were all 25. 
There’s nothing on the blog yet, so maybe the reception is still going on. 

• Upvote 12

They're married! Wearing matching glasses and (I think) in Ohio. She's still just Anna for now.

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 9.20.07 PM.png

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic