IGNORED

Maxwell 38: Forgotten Jesse and the Spinsters Have to Replace the Vests for the Wedding

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, daisyjane1234 said:

I'm in a part of the world where pretty much everything is still closed down.  I know in the US things are different.  Are hotels open?  Public bathrooms?  Did closures impact their decision?

They had to stay somewhere the night before, unless they drove 8+ hours there that morning? 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, daisyjane1234 said:

I'm in a part of the world where pretty much everything is still closed down.  I know in the US things are different.  Are hotels open?  Public bathrooms?  Did closures impact their decision?

It depends on what state you're in and how much things have opened up.  My daughter is the assistant manager of a hotel in Columbia, South Carolina and they never shut down.  I think they might have operated at less than full capacity, though.  However, the welcome centers on the interstate highways at the state lines were closed and maybe the public bathrooms (rest areas), too.  I would assume that gas station restrooms were still open as were the gas stations.  Many restaurants also had their drive-throughs open as well.   And thing have started to open back up.  So the Maxxes would have had very little trouble driving  to Ohio and back.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Her necklace is a bit much, but good for her for wearing it as well as earrings. That must piss Steve since the Maxwell ladies don't wear any jewellery. Too bad Anna 3.0 did not have any contrasting buttons.

wow, you're right! I never noticed until now. Is this one of Steve's mandates? Has it ever been addressed in their blog?  now I have questions!

• Upvote 4

The bridesmaids wore necklaces in Chelsy’s wedding. I’m guessing that was Chelsy’s choice, though.

D36924CF-4059-4BC3-B166-9CF2D15D5A89.thumb.jpeg.20cb86753288f3c3c00a90605a43ec35.jpeg

• Upvote 8

I think Anna looks lovely. If the lace didn’t go so high up she would look better with the purls. Count me in as team glasses. I don’t do well with contacts so unless I got lasik I would be wearing glasses at my wedding. They look so happy. It would be wonderful if they didn’t have strict courting rules and got to spend some alone time together. I know most fundies don’t get it but alone time doesn’t equal sex. Hand holding does t equal sex. Kissing doesn’t equal sex. At my last job I was in an office with a male supervisor. It was usually just the two of us, unless someone came in on their break. Guess what? No sex happened. No kissing. No hand holding. 

• Upvote 17

The weirdest part about the post is that it's worded in a way that suggests everybody knew Jesse was engaged. It's just like, "Hey, Jesse and Anna got hitched today." Except they hid the relationship from their blog as usual, so I'm guessing the majority of their non-snark readers had no idea this was going to happen. Hence a lot of confusion. If you're going to keep a relationship and engagement completely under wraps until the wedding, then the wedding post should at least include some kind of "SURPRISE!! Jesse got married today. We'll share more about his and his bride Anna's love story shortly!" But I guess that's asking too much of Published Author Sarah Maxwell.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 14

I had forgotten how hideous Chelsy’s bridesmaid dresses were.... that fabric- gag. 
Let’s discuss Anna Pat’s hair. Poor girl probably has really thin, stringy hair which doesn’t work with whatever Pinterest inspired photo she found.  It also probably   didn’t help that it was hot & humid in Ohio yesterday. I live in Indianapolis. It was near 80 degrees Fahrenheit and we also had pop-up thunderstorms. Her hair never stood a chance. RIP Anna Pat’s hairdo. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

32 minutes ago, divadivine said:

I had forgotten how hideous Chelsy’s bridesmaid dresses were.... that fabric- gag. 
Let’s discuss Anna Pat’s hair. Poor girl probably has really thin, stringy hair which doesn’t work with whatever Pinterest inspired photo she found.  It also probably   didn’t help that it was hot & humid in Ohio yesterday. I live in Indianapolis. It was near 80 degrees Fahrenheit and we also had pop-up thunderstorms. Her hair never stood a chance. RIP Anna Pat’s hairdo. 

That dress must have made her hot too! Poor lady. My mom wore a long sleeve dress at her wedding. It had been her moms wedding dress. It had long bells sleeves. She was married in August. It was inside. It was very hot here in Missouri. I can’t imagine. I hope she really loved the dress and didn’t pick it because she felt she had to. 

• Upvote 3

I feel really bad for new Anna.  She’s so young and in one fell swoop she’s to move away with a man she hardly knows, to be enmeshed with a family she hardly knows and is going to be far from her parents and siblings.  It must be terrifying.  At least, it would be to me.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4

26 minutes ago, bluelady said:

I feel really bad for new Anna.  She’s so young and in one fell swoop she’s to move away with a man she hardly knows, to be enmeshed with a family she hardly knows and is going to be far from her parents and siblings.  It must be terrifying.  At least, it would be to me.

For the next few weeks it might be the Most Exciting Thing EVER!!! But by the end of summer she’s probably going to have a few “WTF did I get myself into?!” moments as the rose colored glasses come off. 

• Upvote 21
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, harkasquirrel said:

That picture is straight out of 1997  1957.

FTFY.  But bless her for wearing earrings.

And Jesse's hair got hit by a low flying lawnmower, poor chap.

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

The bridesmaids wore necklaces in Chelsy’s wedding. I’m guessing that was Chelsy’s choice, though.

D36924CF-4059-4BC3-B166-9CF2D15D5A89.thumb.jpeg.20cb86753288f3c3c00a90605a43ec35.jpeg

The necklaces were obviously an attempt to cover up that defrauding gap between their undershirts and their chins.  And I still dislike the color of their bridesmaid dresses.

But the comments on the blog post are hilarious.  A few samples:

• What a surprise! Congratulations! Excited to hear the story soon.
  • Wow! Am I the only one who is taken by surprise by this news?

(Not a surprise for FJ.) ?

• Wow! How exciting! Did I miss a post somewhere? I didn’t know he was dating anyone.

(Please.  There was no post.  It was another covert wedding mission. And the Maxwells don't date.  Where have you been?)

• What!! Amazing and wonderful news. Looking forward to hearing more and how planning went during this time.

(Don't hold your breath. I expect it will be ages before they tell us about the courtship.)

• Wow! another Anna in the family. 
  • So many Anna’s!
  • How are you gonna call her since you have Anna and Anna Marie?

(Duh.  Anna Patrice.  Or Anna P.  Or, if they are feeling truly original, A.P.)

And my personal favorite: 

• How time flies–it won’t be long for the girls now, I suppose.

(Yeah, when hell freezes over.)

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 38

Ok explain something to me. How in the world did this wedding happen before the nuptuals of Nurie and Nathan? I feel like it's been 8 years since those two were engaged. Jesse and AnnaC practically married the day they met in comparison.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 2

35 minutes ago, bluelady said:

She's friends with Chelsy (the Bontragers and Craigs have been friends for at least a few years) so she's probably happy that she'll be near her. At least she'll have a friend in Maxhell - it'll definitely help with her transition into the life.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

It's an odd picture for them to post considering Jesse is facing away from the camera. I am anxious to see the wedding party & what they're wearing.  I'm thinking Anna 3.0 made her wedding dress, or someone in the family did. Steve probably had a meltdown over the flower detail right there under her bust.

• Upvote 12

I'd guess the necklace was a gift from Jesse so she was obligated to wear it. A single strand of pearls would have worked with the dress.

• Upvote 13

8 minutes ago, Indigo said:

It's an odd picture for them to post considering Jesse is facing away from the camera. I am anxious to see the wedding party & what they're wearing.  I'm thinking Anna 3.0 made her wedding dress, or someone in the family did. Steve probably had a meltdown over the flower detail right there under her bust.

It is an odd picture, I agree.

Also, is Anna 3.0 the same height as Jesse, or is it just the way the picture looks?

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, kpmom said:

It is an odd picture, I agree.

Also, is Anna 3.0 the same height as Jesse, or is it just the way the picture looks?

The Craig girls are tall. I think the oldest is over 6 feet tall. But I would guess Anna is closer to like 5’9 or 5’10.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, bluelady said:

Plus the added stress of a cancer battle. I mean that with no snark. It's a stressful time in Maxhell. Added childcare/homeschool responsibilities, waiting for news from Anna Marie, concerns about the future. In the middle of a freaking pandemic. She will probably not get the welcome she would have gotten, had everyone been healthy.

• Upvote 15

Anna has very thick hair, so I'm not sure how she's styling it in the photo.

Also, in  every photo I've seen of her, she's been wearing both earrings and a necklace. Will this go down well at Maxhome?

20200524_184929.jpg

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

1) the dress looks like it is not fitted. It’s Maxhell so that’s expected.

2) her hair looks stringy and unwashed. It’s probably the hairspray and wind from outside that made her hair look bad. 

3) no need for the pearl necklace when the most interesting part of the dress is the lace around the collar. Now they are fighting each other.

4) what is that weird embellishment on the waist? I don’t like that at all. 

Other than that, I’m glad they look happy. Please be the first to move more than a mile away from Maxhell.

I‘m sorry but getting to the “other than that” part of your post after the strong opinions you listed first almost made me laugh out loud...

hehee ??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

@Sops2. and those earrings are not small clips or post earrings either. They are fairly large hoops.  

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Starrynight said:

I‘m sorry but getting to the “other than that” part of your post after the strong opinions you listed first almost made me laugh out loud...

hehee ??

Honestly if she lost the necklace and that weird waist embellishment and the dress actually fit, I bet I would like it. The material is nice and I do actually like the lacy part around the neck. But yeah, there’s a lot I don’t like, lol! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Earring hoops must be popular just now for fundie maidens.  Victoria Neely wore them at her wedding. A slight boho touch perhaps?

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic