Thoughts and prayers

• Upvote 4

Too funny:

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Good grief:

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

Back in the 1980s, there was "must watch TV". This is "must NOT watch TV". At least if you want to avoid losing IQ points.

• Upvote 6

I had forgotten about Chanel until I saw this tweet. I hope she crawls back in her hole so I can forget about her again.

image.png.e7c4a0f66c20824cbc4c2b9a2e3129cc.png

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 3

• 2 weeks later...

This Newsmax host is seriously stupid. TFG was not a "hero" on 9/11. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...

Good grief. I'm glad that nobody in my immediate family is "conservative".

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Good grief. I'm glad that nobody in my immediate family is "conservative".

I am so glad I'm spending Thanksgiving by myself tomorrow! Although I know my family would not be listening to Newsmax.

• Upvote 4

I guarantee you that if anyone behaved like that with me and my guests, they would be asked to quit it or leave, and would never receive another invitation into my home.  This is the way a cult operates, though - separate people from their family and friends so their only connections are through the cult.

• Upvote 7

• 1 month later...

Reading and speaking English aren't a requirement at OAN.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

CNN article stating OAN obtained Smartmatic employee passwords:  

Excerpt under spoiler.  Link:  CNN - Did OAN engage in criminal activities- Smartmatic lawsuit

Spoiler

CNN — 

In the wake of the 2020 election, the president of the far-right network One America News sent a potentially explosive email to former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell, with a spreadsheet claiming to contain passwords of employees from the voting technology company Smartmatic, according to court filings.

The existence of the spreadsheet was recently disclosed by Smartmatic, which is suing OAN for defamation. CNN pieced together who was involved in the email exchanges by examining court records from three separate cases stemming from the 2020 election.

Lawyers from Smartmatic told a federal judge that the email, and the attached spreadsheet, suggest OAN executives “may have engaged in criminal activities” because they “appear to have violated state and federal laws regarding data privacy.”

The court records don’t say how OAN obtained the spreadsheet, or whether the supposed Smartmatic passwords were authentic. Nobody from OAN has been charged with any crimes. But it came at a time when OAN, Powell and others in their orbit were aggressively peddling false claims that there was massive voter fraud in 2020, and that Smartmatic was to blame.

According to court filings, the supposed passwords were shared around the same time that Powell, her associates and other Trump supporters were trying to improperly access voting systems across the country, to prove their false claims of voter fraud.

The January 8, 2021, email exchange between OAN President Charles Herring and Powell has recently emerged as a flashpoint in Smartmatic’s defamation lawsuit against the pro-Trump network. The email isn’t public, but Smartmatic revealed some of its contents in a public filing after obtaining the materials in the discovery process.

While Smartmatic’s public filings didn’t identify the sender or recipient of the email, court records from a separate 2020-related lawsuit confirm that Herring and Powell exchanged emails on the same date. The pair’s communications about the purported Smartmatic spreadsheet, which have not been previously reported, resurrect questions that have dogged OAN for years regarding its tendency to blur the lines between opinion journalism and brazen political advocacy.

Baseless 2020 smears

Smartmatic has sued OAN, Powell, and other Trump allies and right-wing outlets, seeking billions of dollars in damages for their 2020 election lies. After former President Donald Trump lost the election, they spread baseless claims that election software from Smartmatic and another company flipped millions of votes from Trump to Joe Biden.….

• Thank You 7

Maximum irony level achieved:

image.png.cb9b2728f5679a48a20cc45deb699dcb.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Maximum irony level achieved:

image.png.cb9b2728f5679a48a20cc45deb699dcb.png

So let me get this straight. Liking Taylor Swift or being a Swifty is idolatry. However being a MAGAt, putting Trump signs all over your property your vehicle, wearing Trump shirts, getting Trump tattoos and attending as many Trump rallys as possible is not idolatry.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

So let me get this straight. Liking Taylor Swift or being a Swifty is idolatry. However being a MAGAt, putting Trump signs all over your property your vehicle, wearing Trump shirts, getting Trump tattoos and attending as many Trump rallys as possible is not idolatry.

You forgot to mention they made a gold statue of him too. If that’s not idolatry, I don’t know what is.

IMG_0545.jpeg.0b0d463d08a52df0fd5dd00e83e706c8.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Only the best people. /s

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

16 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Only the best people. /s

Well, he is an expert on perpetrating rape and sexual assault...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...

Wow:

• Thank You 9

Re:  Newsmax - the lawsuit by Dominion Voting Systems hasn’t been settled yet, right?  I found an article saying trial is set for September, so they are probably tiptoeing around.  Article from Sept. 2023 - CNN re trial  Excerpt from CNN: 

CNN — 

Dominion Voting Systems’ $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against Newsmax over the right-wing network’s airing of 2020 election lies is scheduled to go to trial in late September 2024, a Delaware judge decided. 

Dominion sued Newsmax in the wake of the 2020 election over the network’s on-air promotion of the false claim that the voting technology company rigged the election against then-President Donald Trump by flipping millions of votes to Joe Biden. The network denies wrongdoing.

The decision by Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis means — barring an out-of-court settlement — Trump’s lies about the 2020 election will be front and center at a four-week trial during the closing weeks of the 2024 election.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

• 4 weeks later...

When you lose Newsmax…

• Upvote 5