IGNORED

OANN and Newsmax: Competing With Faux To Become State Media

GreyhoundFan

9 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm to the point of "Fine.  Do it you little POS."  Discovery would be interesting.  

Someone needs to sit down with him and explain that he's being used as the newest celebrity for the rightwing but that celebrity is fleeting.

• Upvote 11

On 2/25/2022 at 11:02 PM, Xan said:

I'm to the point of "Fine.  Do it you little POS."  Discovery would be interesting.  

Someone needs to sit down with him and explain that he's being used as the newest celebrity for the rightwing but that celebrity is fleeting.

Well Kyle honey, perhaps the President has a rule to not sitting down for a chat with sniveling teenagers who shoot people 

• Upvote 10

16 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Well Kyle honey, perhaps the President has a rule to not sitting down for a chat with sniveling teenagers who shoot murder people 

FTFY

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Newsmax is celebrating that they're #4. That's just sad.

image.thumb.png.ad3440d82d29bfd1ef5e9744401008a2.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

13 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

By all means, let's listen to the guy who intentionally shat his pants to avoid the draft. 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

By all means, let's listen to the guy who intentionally shat his pants to avoid the draft. 

We need an "Ewwww" reaction.  

• I Agree 6

Filipkowski's comment is referring to DirecTV's decision to stop carrying OANN.

• Thank You 7

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Filipkowski's comment is referring to DirecTV's decision to stop carrying OANN.

The Biden's... what?  Their dog?  Their new cat?  Exactly who or what belonging to the Bidens is at the center of bankrupting a nation?  With OAN leaving the airwaves, we may never find the answer to this mystery or find out why there's a apostrophe in use.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

17 hours ago, Xan said:

The Biden's... what?  Their dog?  Their new cat?  Exactly who or what belonging to the Bidens is at the center of bankrupting a nation?  With OAN leaving the airwaves, we may never find the answer to this mystery or find out why there's a apostrophe in use.

"The Biden's predecessors in the White House and the three oldest children".

• Upvote 5

On my way home from church this morning, the car radio was tuned to a local station broadcasting a classic American Top 40 countdown, and there was a commercial for Newsmax. 🤮

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can we vote Greg Kelly off the island?

• I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Can we vote Greg Kelly off the island?

I've got a whole list of people to vote off the planet, preferably to a planet really close to a sun that is expanding.

• I Agree 6

• 3 weeks later...

Newsmax really fornicated up

Newsmax on Wednesday included right-wing pundit Ben Shapiro, who is white, on an on-screen graphic of “Black conservatives.”

“Left considers Black conservatives to be traitors,” the caption said.

The other three men on the list were former Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke, former Housing Secretary Ben Carson and former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain, who died of COVID-19 in 2020.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 4

Kelly knows someone will make sure Trump sees his segment.

Backstory:

Trump’s Call for Execution of Central Park 5 Resurfaces as He Touts Appeal Among Black Voters

President Donald Trump’s assertion that young Black voters will “NEVER” vote for Joe Biden and “are voting for ‘TRUMP'” was met with cynicism by scores of social media users who reminded him of his call to have the Central Park Five executed even though they were cleared of the 1989 crime.

“Joe Biden called Black Youth SUPER PREDATORS. They will NEVER like him, or vote for him. They are voting for “TRUMP,'” the president wrote in a Sunday tweet. (Incidentally, it was Hillary Clinton who used that phrase, not Biden.)

Reaction came swiftly by many who pointed out to the president (and his supporters) that he took out a full-page ad in New York City newspapers calling for the reinstatement of the state’s death penalty to be “executed,” even after DNA evidence fully exonerated them.

“Since the Central Park 5 is trending, I’d like to remind folks that trump called for the DEATH PENALTY for these boys, who were framed by cops. After they were exonerated by DNA, he STILL wanted them punished,” one Twitter user wrote.

Another wrote: “Orange Agolf Twitler says black youth will only be voting for him. Remember when he called for the execution of the Central Park 5, 5 innocent young boys of color? I do.”

On April 19, 1989, five male teens were accused of gang-raping and nearly killing a white woman in New York City’s Central Park, thus named the Central Park jogger case. None of the suspects’ DNA matched the DNA collected from the crime scene, but the five young defendants were falsely accused of the crimes nonetheless. After serving out their sentences, they were all exonerated when a fellow inmate confessed to the crimes. They subsequently sued the City of New York for malicious prosecution, racial discrimination and emotional distress, as three of the them were Black or Latino. In 2014, the city settled the suit for $21 million.

The 1989 full-page ad with massive headline ran in The New York Times, The Daily News, The New York Post and New York Newsday, saying he wanted to “hate these muggers and murderers” and “they should be forced to suffer and, when they kill, they should be executed for their crimes.” It was signed by Donald Trump.

“I recently watched a newscast trying to explain the ‘anger in these young men’. I no longer want to understand anger. I want them to be afraid,” he wrote, making it clear he was voicing his opinion because of the rape and assault of the jogger in Central Park, without mentioning the five youths by name. He went on to say about the police, “Unshackle them from the constant chant of ‘police brutality’ which every petty criminal hurls immediately at an officer who has just risked his or her life to save another’s.”

He concluded, “Send a message loud and clear to those who would murder our citizens and terrorize New York City – BRING BACK THE DEATH PENALTY AND BRING BACK OUR POLICE.”

Dr. Eugene Gu, one of the Stanford trained doctors fighting the coronavirus pandemic, writes: “Joe Biden never called Black Youth “Super Predators.” That was Hillary Clinton. Get your false accusations right. Speaking of which, Trump falsely accused the Central Park 5 of rape and paid the New York Times and New York Post to publicly call for their brutal executions.”

While another tweeted a screengrab of an old Trump tweet which said that 97% of Blacks killed are by other blacks. “Remind people about this Trump’s tweet, a vicious lie intended to plant fear and hatred against blacks in 2016,” the user wrote.

When asked in 2019 about his harsh comments about the Central Park Five, he refused to apologize.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

The only part of this that I will really agree with is the Republicans have backed themselves into a corner. By their constant complaining about the "stolen election" and the poor treatment they perceive that Trump (unjustly in their minds) received (even though he did deserve the investigations), the red hatters are going to expect that by returning Republicans to the majority in the house and the Senate that they will impeach, convict, and remove President Biden from office. Anything less than that would be perceived as breaking campaign promises and failure.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

The only part of this that I will really agree with is the Republicans have backed themselves into a corner. By their constant complaining about the "stolen election" and the poor treatment they perceive that Trump (unjustly in their minds) received (even though he did deserve the investigations), the red hatters are going to expect that by returning Republicans to the majority in the house and the Senate that they will impeach, convict, and remove President Biden from office. Anything less than that would be perceived as breaking campaign promises and failure.

The thing is, it’s entirely possible that they will impeach. In fact, I am quite expecting it to happen, and I’m the furthest thing from a red hatter you can imagine.

There is no Republican Party anymore. Those Congressmen that used to be Republicans are firmly controlled by the Magats; just listen to the McCarthy tapes and then look at his public statements and actions.

If they were to attain a majority in House and Senate, then you are assured of many impeachment procedures and Congressional investigations being started up, to get rid of the Dem administration. That’s their easy route to authoritarian rule, and you can bet they’re going to take it. Don’t be surprised if they make Trump speaker of the House— and third in line for the presidency.

The elections this year will be crucial for the survival of democracy.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

‘How Am I Supposed to Feel?’ Newsmax Host Slams ‘Exclusionary’ Gay Pride Flags on Churches

Newsmax host Greg Kelly took exception with churches that display the gay pride flag and suggested they make him feel unwelcome.

“Have you seen this new trend – putting the gay pride flag in front of, on churches?” Kelly wondered aloud Wednesday night. “What does that have to do with anything? Huh? Gay pride – I feel as somebody who’s quite frankly, not gay – I feel like that’s a little bit exclusionary, actually. You could say, also disrespectful on a lot of levels. But how am I supposed to feel?”

The Newsmax host stated, “Now, I happen to know some people – maybe you do, too way back in the day, you know, in their twenties, you know, whatever college – maybe they went to a strip club. Should we have strippers, uh Hustler, all those things on the outside of the church because some people – to have a good time – wanna go to a strip club? I don’t think that’s right.”

Kelly discussed a parochial school in Worcester, Massachusetts that is displaying the pride flag and a Black Lives Matter flag on its campus.

After calling the BLM flag “a big problem,” Kelly added,  “I do have an issue with that, actually. I have an issue with pride. We all should if we’re Christians, and actually Jews. Pride is a sin. Why is that considered good? This is not anti-gay. It’s not. It’s about the pride part, actually. We all have–I don’t understand it. Do you?”

Later in the segment he aired a clip of “our favorite president” Donald Trump declaring at a rally, “The tyrants we are fighting do not stand a chance of victory because we are Americans and Americans kneel to God and to God alone.”

“That makes a lot of sense, doesn’t it?” Kelly told viewers. “And when you go to a church with a gay pride flag, what’s that all about? Are we kneeling for that? Is that how some will interpret it? And again, it’s exclusionary, and it’s wrong. they’re having fun with it for some reason.”

"I have an issue with pride. We all should if we’re Christians, and actually Jews. Pride is a sin. Why is that considered good?"

*few minutes later*

Here's Trump!

:pb_rollseyes:

• Eyeroll 7