IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 3: Feminine Racism

AmericanRose

Just wanted to pop in and say "thanks" to you all, for knowing so much about the newer social media: Parler, various names current in the illiteratti. The fundies I have followed were the blog and now instagram type. This thread and our Missus is totally educating me on these new-fangled methods. This whole thread has different sources and different knowledge.

Now, if you want historical or linguistic stuff, that I can do.  And so I am so happy to have FJ around to hold my hand in this brave new world! Thank you!

• Upvote 2

I've been spending the last few months wondering why one would use a filter on a food pic. Especially a sparkly filter.

@JermajestyDuggar, there's a high possibility of that! Given how overwhelmed she seems to have been as a SAHW, I can only imagine that SAHM-life will be quite a shock.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

I stumbled upon this channel by a woman named Brandie who had just recently rebranded to creating homemaking & femininity content, only to suddenly lose her husband of fourteen years the day after Christmas. :( At just two weeks into her ordeal, she's already distraught over her family's financial situation since her husband was the sole provider, while she'd (happily) been a homemaker and stay-at-home-mom for the entirety of their marriage. She disclosed that she has had to clear their savings for funeral & burial arrangements with no existing life insurance policy in place, she'd never furthered her education, and does not have familial support from either side.

What's extremely commendable is that she's now dedicated her channel to covering her "independence journey" and giving a very candid message to all other SAHW/M's to prepare for something like this to happen. I think this is huge because of how often we see traditionalists compromise themselves completely to their spouses and/or male figures, and many would look at this situation and just advise her to quickly find a new husband. I elected to view a few of her "normal" videos prior to this (there aren't many), which makes the situation all the more heartbreaking. Brandie actually mentions in her first video that she was inspired by Mrs. Midwest to swing the trajectory of her content, which I find ironic because Brandie's experience obviously far surpasses Caitlyn's in all things homemaking, marriage, and motherhood...

Spoiler

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 6

why are there many white supremacists in america who don't consider christianity being a middle eastern religion? 

Edited by mymelody
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, mymelody said:

why are there many white supremacists in america who don't consider christianity being a middle eastern religion? 

I assume because of the Protestant Reformation. Many of these people forget the history of the Christian church and forget that it didn't start with the Protestant Reformation. 

• I Agree 10

6 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I assume because of the Protestant Reformation. Many of these people forget the history of the Christian church and forget that it didn't start with the Protestant Reformation. 

That and also I suppose because the Catholic Church has been headquartered in Italy , rather than Jerusalem . 

• Upvote 7

I see Marjorie Jackson like the photo. Maybe someone already pointed out the connection before. Marjorie already dodged the Duggar fate, does she not see red flags with Mrs. Midwest? Doubtful based on the patriarchal society she grew up in and still in. ?

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I see Marjorie Jackson like the photo. Maybe someone already pointed out the connection before. Marjorie already dodged the Duggar fate, does she not see red flags with Mrs. Midwest? Doubtful based on the patriarchal society she grew up in and still in. ?

Marj lives in DC now and I think she works for that super conservative group Joshley used to work for.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 5

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Marj lives in DC now and I think she works for that super conservative group Joshley used to work for.

I needed 2 reactions ? and thank you. 

And talk about mental gymnastics to be part of a cultural for woman to be SAHW/M but it is ok to work for these ultra fundie groups and not stay under the umbrella of their daddy. ?

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I needed 2 reactions ? and thank you. 

And talk about mental gymnastics to be part of a cultural for woman to be SAHW/M but it is ok to work for these ultra fundie groups and not stay under the umbrella of their daddy. ?

Her sister married a man in med school. They haven’t announced a little blessing on the way so I wonder if they are preventing. I wouldn’t want a baby while in med school!

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, CreatedToBeACritic said:

does anyone know if the name Boden is significant in anyway?

I’m guessing it’s just a name they both liked. It’s trendy right now. It reminds me of the clothing company. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, CreatedToBeACritic said:

For what it's worth , it's the German word for soil , as in the phrase " Blut und Boden"   , for example . 

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, adidas said:

Bohdan is used here but - being Slavic - was probably not ‘American’ enough for her. 

13 minutes ago, Marmion said:

For what it's worth , it's the German word for soil , as in the phrase " Blut und Boden"   , for example . 

okay... why is she ALWAYS white nationalist adjacent my goodness. (not that being Slavic or German is White nationalists obviously but it's just suspicious after the umpteenth coincidence

• I Agree 8

2 hours ago, CreatedToBeACritic said:

On reddit (FS and FSU) theres a whole discussion of it being a subtle nazi nod to "blut in boden" though I doubt she thought that deep, apparently they call him Bode like the Roloffs which has more to do with "messenger" meaning. Except they're pronouncing it the way that makes sense (boh-dee) rather than Auj's special way (bah-dee).

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 2/6/2021 at 1:14 AM, Marmion said:

Yes, Boden means soil, but it can also mean the floor in a house. And depending on which part of Germany, the attic can be called Boden too. And metaphorical it's used to describe a person that's down to earth or true to their roots.

And while she and husbear are white supremacists, I don't think the name is linked to that, at least until she tells otherwise. There are way more and better names out there to show your colors without being to obvious.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 1/25/2021 at 7:41 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes she works for FRC (Family Research Council). She's still a hardcore conservative, even if she's a single working girl. 

Boden seems very on-trend right now. For example, I know someone who has a grandson named Auden. 

This isn't in husbear's post but a MSP trooper is in trouble for his editorial in a newspaper. He doesn't think white privilege exists, he calls out people with "fragile feelings", etc. People are calling for him to be fired resign.  https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/michigan/calls-for-msp-troopers-resignation-after-controversial-editorial-is-published

Here is his editorial and of course he quotes Malcolm X so he can't be racist! (sarcasm) : (Source: https://monroeeveningnews-mi.newsmemory.com/?publink=052656f0b_1345c3e&fbclid=IwAR0Mc9M0E_eXETTt2x-o9JE7LwEeT3xf1uWDLmePs17ifkvg-0AiLtq2SX0 ) 

Spoiler

Tuesday, 2 February 2021

On many topics, just stop

“The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent,” – Malcolm X For the last four years we witnessed the constant and often unjustified attacks on President Trump while ignoring the same actions from those on the left.

Do I wish Trump would have shut up? Yes, absolutely. But only emotionally unstable people care more about words than actions. Psychological journals call decision-making based on emotion impaired.

Do you really want to unite the country or is it just another liberal tag line? Stop labeling everything

it’s a tap-out when you are losing an argument.

Stop being offended on the behalf of others.

Stop with the white privilege nonsense. If white liberals want to virtue signal, go for it.

Stop talking about toxic masculinity; it’s not a problem. The real problem is toxic femininity, which is rampant among white liberal males.

Stop attacking the nation’s history because it hurts your fragile feelings.

Stop telling me I have to accept the science with regards to climate and then ignore the science with race, gender and abortion. “I identify as” is the dumbest thing you can say.

Stop playing the victim. Take the BLM movement for example. Stop committing crime, stop resisting arrest; the “science” supports this theory. You are as likely to be hit by lightening in this country as you are shot by the police.

Stop giving our nation away to people who don’t belong here. It’s not racist to want to protect your national sovereignty.

Stop villainizing us for doing the same exact things you already did. The left rioted, looted and burned innocent people’s property for over four months. The right damaged and entered one government building.

Stop talking about more gun control, when Democrat-run inner cities account for the majority of gun violence.

Stop worrying about “the first;” liberals constantly preach about racism and sexism, yet relish in a first female VP and never consider if she was the right “first.”

Liberals, Democrats and Leftist . . . You are the ones that created this divided country,. Now it is on you to fix it. At least you own the media.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”

Rod Goss, Monroe

For how much Caitlyn talks about all these subjects, I am surprised her husband hasn't been in trouble publicly yet. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...

I know this thread is kinda dead, probably bc there is not much to say due to her radio silence...however I find her to be very interesting and recently I have been lurking a bit in here. Does anyone know weather they moved or if they didn't get their house sold? Bc I can still find their current house on Zillow, however I'm not from the USA so I'm unsure if the real estate websites typically remove the homes after they're sold. Or are they moving a second time?

Also, one thing I found somewhat funny is how she recently said in an ig story that Yvonne Strahovski is her eyebrow inspo? Do you think she watches handmaids tale and admire Serena Joy? I honestly wouldn't be surprised. 

Edited by lemonice
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

CW: placental abruption, high risk pregnancy, mention of miscarriage. She's pregnant again. In this video she says shes expecting another son around 12 months after Boden was born. Sounds like it's been a difficult and stressful pregnancy and I wish her health and happiness.

CW: miscarriage, abortion:

Spoiler

It's also really difficult to hear fundies speak about medical situations where abortion might be needed to save the life of the pregnant person. I'm so glad her pregnancy is going well but there are so many situations like this around pregnancy where a pregnant person might need an abortion to keep them safe, but the world fundies want would deny them that medical care.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic