IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 22: Sex Pest and Fam in the Windowless Warehouse

HerNameIsBuffy

On 10/11/2020 at 8:52 AM, mstee said:

I think that they do love Anna but their way of loving is one I don’t understand. 

I am not accusing any of these people of having the same, but your phrasing is eerily reminiscent of something my ex-husbands psychiatrist told me when we were married.

He said he loves you the way he knows how, but it's not the same as the love people without disordered thinking can understand.  You two do not, and will never, have the same definitions of the word love.  

My ex has diagnosed NPD-BPD so a twofer from the cluster B aisle.  Take that for what it's worth.

8 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Grew up in Chicago and I can't imagine ever being able to find parking downtown or anywhere on the city streets for an RV.  Parking garages will not have enough clearance, the only thing I can think of is that he found one of those outside paid parking lots where the attendants allowed him in.  There are a few of those and those are the only places I can think of where he could park. 

And that's not to mention the traffic.   There's a real reason that whenever we go into the Chicago, we take the train.   Growing up I always took public transportation (didn't bother with a car until I moved out of the city) and I hated the few times I had to drive downtown. 

Grew up in the Chicago burbs and when I was a kid I told my dad I couldn't wait to grow up and live downtown.  He told me I'd change my mind once I was old enough to drive.

He was absolutely right.  Parking downtown is a nightmare - trying to do it with an RV would give me a panic attack.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He was absolutely right.  Parking downtown is a nightmare - trying to do it with an RV would give me a panic attack.

Grew up in the city proper and finding parking on the street even in a residential neighborhood could be a challenge.   And in the winter could be an absolute nightmare.  Luckily my folks had a two car garage accessible via an alley but not everyone has that, we didn't in the first house we lived in.  My parents rented garage space from a neighbor and still had to walk a distance to get to that garage.  Made for interesting times packing for vacations, that's for sure.

One of the reasons I didn't get a car was because I would have to park on the street and didn't want that hassle.  

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Grew up in the Chicago burbs and when I was a kid I told my dad I couldn't wait to grow up and live downtown.  He told me I'd change my mind once I was old enough to drive.

I grew up in the burbs too and stayed there my whole life. My first job required a lot of local travel and living in the city seemed expensive and inconvenient. Now, thirty years later, whenever I’m walking around the Lincoln Park neighborhood, I’m kicking myself for missing out on being young and fun and living in the city. Maybe an Airbnb for a week or so would be a good fix (when life can be enjoyed again.)

• Upvote 3
  • Love 6

When we lived in Chicago, well we lived between Chicago and Northern CA, I didn’t even bring my car. When I was in IL, I just used public transportation or walked. My husband did have his car because he needed it for work. In the 2 years we lived in Chicago, I never missed my car. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

When we lived in Chicago, well we lived between Chicago and Northern CA, I didn’t even bring my car. When I was in IL, I just used public transportation or walked. My husband did have his car because he needed it for work. In the 2 years we lived in Chicago, I never missed my car. 

I am a lifelong suburban girl, but when my daughter moved into Chicago proper she sold her car and was much happier taking public transportation.  Then she moved back home and realized how badly you need a car outside the city.  We really need to do better here with public transport in the suburban areas.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

19 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Grew up in Chicago and I can't imagine ever being able to find parking downtown or anywhere on the city streets for an RV.  Parking garages will not have enough clearance, the only thing I can think of is that he found one of those outside paid parking lots where the attendants allowed him in.  There are a few of those and those are the only places I can think of where he could park. 

And that's not to mention the traffic.   There's a real reason that whenever we go into the Chicago, we take the train.   Growing up I always took public transportation (didn't bother with a car until I moved out of the city) and I hated the few times I had to drive downtown. 

Absolutely. Where I live in CA you can not get anywhere without a car. 

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Absolutely. Where I live in CA you can not get anywhere without a car. 

I lived in Novato for a time in the early 90s and it was absolutely the same.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I am a lifelong suburban girl, but when my daughter moved into Chicago proper she sold her car and was much happier taking public transportation.  Then she moved back home and realized how badly you need a car outside the city.  We really need to do better here with public transport in the suburban areas.

I don't think it's too pie-in-the-sky to imagine a driverless "Uber" type organization happening long before public transportation comes to American suburbs.  As a country, we pretty much suck at public transportation in many major cities, so it's hard to imagine it working in the sprawling suburbs.  We've been car-focused for so long but once Gen Z is fully in charge, I can see a shift to vehicle sharing happening.  I think it would be a "cold dead hands" situation for anyone older than Gen X though.

My daughter is a 25 year old teacher who has never gotten her drivers license.  She attended school in NYC and London, so she managed to avoid the need, and now she teaches and lives in Boston.  If she needs to do heavy shopping or visit friends and family outside the city, she uses Lyft or Uber.  Makes me a bit nervous, I'll admit, but she's not had any problems so far.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I lived in Novato for a time in the early 90s and it was absolutely the same.

You expect them to build public transportation in Marin? That would bring in the poor people!

Once I moved out of NJ I realized how spoiled I was with public transit. Every town near me had a train station that went or at least connected to NYC. Where I am (east bay) we do have some ok public transit, especially now that they've finished the new transbay terminal, but buses are still subject to traffic. And BART during rush hour is ? but at least we have it I guess.  I always thought that for a city so progressive and environmental focused, San Fransisco really doesn't seem to like public transportation.

• Upvote 7

56 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

What do elderly and disabled people do if you need a car? Just stuck in their houses? 

Now they call an uber/lyft or taxi.  Before they relied on family & friends & a handful of shuttle services if they can afford them. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SorenaJ said:

What do elderly and disabled people do if you need a car? Just stuck in their houses? 

In my area there are services that provide transportation for the elderly and disabled.  For doctors, shopping, visiting, and such...like an uber pool type thing with vehicles equipped to transport wheelchairs.  

I hope that's available in all areas, but I am sure there are underserved communities where it is not.

• Upvote 6

We live in a very small Midwestern town. Less than 700 population. I would have to go an hour away to find public transportation. As it is we must drive a minimum of 5 miles to a grocery, pharmacy, library, or any kind of shopping (a dime store or Dollar General). Luckily we are still able to drive but that won't last for many more years. Not sure what we'll do then. Probably need to move to a care center. And that's sad.

• Upvote 6

What's Anna's usual pregnancy time line? She has been quite careful with cropping/positioning photos recently but she looks a little different in this one:

Screenshot_20201104_143338.thumb.jpg.6ea3c058689c6d3aa5729a660f941398.jpg

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

What's Anna's usual pregnancy time line? She has been quite careful with cropping/positioning photos recently but she looks a little different in this one:

Screenshot_20201104_143338.thumb.jpg.6ea3c058689c6d3aa5729a660f941398.jpg

If my calculations are correct, if she were pregnant right now it would either tie her closest spacing (M1 to M2) or be her new closest spacing (depending on how far along she is). Her youngest is 11 months old. So, not impossible, but I dont think it is likely that she is pregnant 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

She may be savvy enough to know a pic from that angle will generate speculation and she'll take whatever attention she can get but I think more likely just a coincidence.  It's the angle she needed to include her turd husband in the shot.

• Upvote 8

On 11/3/2020 at 2:04 PM, TuringMachine said:

You expect them to build public transportation in Marin? That would bring in the poor people!

Once I moved out of NJ I realized how spoiled I was with public transit. Every town near me had a train station that went or at least connected to NYC. Where I am (east bay) we do have some ok public transit, especially now that they've finished the new transbay terminal, but buses are still subject to traffic. And BART during rush hour is ? but at least we have it I guess.  I always thought that for a city so progressive and environmental focused, San Fransisco really doesn't seem to like public transportation.

I've lived in Europe, the American South, the suburbs of Boston, Washington DC, and NYC. BOY do I have some strong opinions on public transit. The main takeaway? BUILD MORE OF IT.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 13

I live close to a big city, and public transportation here, to and from the city and within the city, is great.
However, my parents live in a small town without a train station and the bus to their town from the nearest town that does have a train station only goes once per hour. So from my place to the train station nearest to their town isn't really a hassle. Takes me usually about 40 minutes. But getting from that trainstation to their town is a PITA. I usually arrange that either my dad or my brother picks me up with their car, or I have to time my bus and train travel to perfectly connect to the once-per-hour bus to their town, which makes my journey considerably longer.
By car it's about 45 minutes to get there from where I am. By public transportation it takes, on average, an hour and 15 minutes. And that is only all forms of public transportation on the route align perfectly.

Also, public transportation here is incredibly expensive. I have a discount card for the bus routes in my area, which makes public transportation to the city affordable. But not every area has such a card, and costs for the card and the amount of discount it provides vary greatly. And train costs are even worse. 

I think that in bigger cities in my country, you don't necessarily need a car to get to places within the city (especially since we have great bycicle lanes everywhere), but when you need to go to place outside the city it is usually cheaper and faster to go by car.

To add: till the start of the pandemic I had never really missed having a car. Sure, it would be convenient to have one so I could visit my parents more often and make the journey easier, but all local travel was very doable by public transportation. But since the start of the pandemic it hasn't been safe for me or my SO to take the bus (SO is high-risk), and not having a car has severely limited our travel options now. From March-June we stayed put because of the lock-down, and from June-September we cycled whenever we wanted to visit my inlaws in the city or meet outside with friends. But visiting my parents has been really difficult. I've been to their place once during the summer, when I was able to borrow a car. 
But during these times having a car would be really  nice.

Edited by Marly
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 3

11 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

i've lived in Europe, the American South, the suburbs of Boston, Washington DC, and NYC. BOY do I have some strong opinions on public transit. The main takeaway? BUILD MORE OF IT.

I have taken public transit while visiting Washington DC and NYC.   It was a LOT easier to take that versus trying to drive and fight the traffic. 

Once I moved out of Chicago, into the suburbs, not only did I have to rely on a car but also had to quit my first post college job because there simply were no decent public transportation options to my job downtown.  I was not going to make that commute in the car.  

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

I have taken public transit while visiting Washington DC and NYC.   It was a LOT easier to take that versus trying to drive and fight the traffic. 

Once I moved out of Chicago, into the suburbs, not only did I have to rely on a car but also had to quit my first post college job because there simply were no decent public transportation options to my job downtown.  I was not going to make that commute in the car.  

I have a lot of complaints about NYC subways, but yeah I'll take it over traffic any time.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I have a lot of complaints about NYC subways, but yeah I'll take it over traffic any time.

Same with me. I wouldn’t drive in NYC traffic if you paid me a million dollars. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Did it once and it was a nightmare. Though it really prepared me for the miles and miles of Ukrainian backrounds I drove on several years later.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I can't even fathom, I've driven in Chicago & DC and that was horrific enough. I'm from flipping Des Moines, we don't' HAVE traffic, in comparison to big cities so it is a huge shock the 1st time you do it. I love the DC metro, it is so easy to use, I've never used the L, it was never convenient to where I was staying and were I was going. 

• Upvote 1

Driving in NYC hasn't been too bad in the last decade or so, according to one of my friends who occasionally drives to LaGuardia (airport). DC is the worst traffic I've ever seen. 

As for Anna, she has taken picture to make sure her midsection isn't showing. She announced Maryella early so I expect she'll do the same when there's an announcement to be made. 

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic