IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 22: Sex Pest and Fam in the Windowless Warehouse

HerNameIsBuffy

4 hours ago, mstee said:

if Josh ever decided to leave Anna, I think that Michelle and JB would take Anna and her kids back into their house again and side with her. Josh has almost no value to JB. 

I don't.  If anything they will blame her because in the fundie world it's always the woman's fault.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 13

It’s not going to happen but if Anna did leave then she would discover just how despicable ‘Lolly’ and ‘Pops’ are very quickly. I dare say the faithful kids (Jana, Jessa etc) would be gaslighting on a nuclear scale too.

JB would fight to retain money and influence over the children.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I don't.  If anything they will blame her because in the fundie world it's always the woman's fault.

It seems like such a weird mix of blame yet caring. I feel like they took Anna in that first time but also probably put a lot of the blame on her shoulders (was she readily available enough, did she pray for her marriage enough ?) so I could see the same thing playing over again if Josh ever screws up or leaves. I think that they do love Anna but their way of loving is one I don’t understand. 

• Upvote 10

15 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

You are right, but that might very well be an exception. In addition to Anna's well behaviour, there may be information about Josh that only the family knows. For JB it's better to keep Anna "protected" and dump Josh. Josh can barely harm more the family brand (whatever Josh tells, JB can make him look like a liar, because his background), while Anna doing gossip-y interviews could destroy Duggars public image.

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 14

Josh's 'value' to JB may be JB's ego. Josh leaving or getting in more scandals looks bad on JB (in his wee fragile mind and likely the minds of others like that.) It would show JB losing control of yet another offspring. Still, with all Josh has done and will do, he is far higher on the post than Jill.

• Upvote 7

If JB has indeed registered some possessions under Anna’s name, it’s quite likely she does have the logistic and financial means to leave. So her staying cannot be attributed to a lack of options.

Sure, it would be tough - as divorces involving children always are. But Anna really has zero excuse for remaining with a cheating child molester (let’s not get into the pedophile debate here)  and exposing her children to Josh and his parent’s cultish life. Yuck! 

Also, making Anna sleep in the same room as Josie and the other girls during the scandals was a form of humiliation. (On a side note, I just can’t believe that it wasn’t meant to both control and humiliate her.) Anna didn’t get any privacy (for personal phone calls and the likes?!) and time solely to herself. Such behavior from Michelle and JB was a GIGANTIC red flag. Anna should have grabbed her kids and run, even a women’s shelter is better than letting  her daughters witness that such treatment is in any way acceptable. They might emulate their mother, which would be a tragedy. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

If JB has indeed registered some possessions under Anna’s name, it’s quite likely she does have the logistic and financial means to leave. So her staying cannot be attributed to a lack of options.

Sure, it would be tough - as divorces involving children always are. But Anna really has zero excuse for remaining with a cheating child molester (let’s not get into the pedophile debate here)  and exposing her children to Josh and his parent’s cultish life. Yuck! 

Also, making Anna sleep in the same room as Josie and the other girls during the scandals was a form of humiliation. (On a side note, I just can’t believe that it wasn’t meant to both control and humiliate her.) Anna didn’t get any privacy (for personal phone calls and the likes?!) and time solely to herself. Such behavior from Michelle and JB was a GIGANTIC red flag. Anna should have grabbed her kids and run, even a women’s shelter is better than letting  her daughters witness that such treatment is in any way acceptable. They might emulate their mother, which would be a tragedy. 

I agree with this for the most part - but from pictures we’ve seen of the girls dorm “room” it is HUGE, with two bathrooms, and seems to have usually been divided more into two main rooms - older girls and little girls. Now I guess Jana and any guests, and then the younger girls off to the other side. I think they said it’s about 600sq ft, which is a good sized two-bedroom apartment. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 3

14 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Anna's family was from the same cult as the Duggars. Despite 3 kids getting out, her parents are incredibly fundie and so are four of her siblings.  The main difference between Anna's family and Josh's family is his parents have more money and more children, but other than that, it's exactly how she was raised. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

From Anna’s latest Instagram she is talking about their RV- have they had one a while or is she talking about the Duggar RV? I can see why it’s a good idea- her family won’t have room for all of them and hotels could be expensive plus there would be photos of Josh leering at other women before long I expect.

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

From Anna’s latest Instagram she is talking about their RV- have they had one a while or is she talking about the Duggar RV? I can see why it’s a good idea- her family won’t have room for all of them and hotels could be expensive plus there would be photos of Josh leering at other women before long I expect.

when they were on 19 kids and counting they had an RV, and Jim Bob and Michelle had that bus. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

@wendy-sparkles ah thanks- I don’t remember Josh & Anna having an RV, though like,I said, it makes sense for a large family. Whatever work Josh is meant to be doing he seems to be able to take time off- they were at the Family Camp and now this holiday, plus they were at Anna’s brother’s wedding a couple of months ago.

• Upvote 3

On 10/11/2020 at 4:39 PM, FluffySnowball said:

Also, making Anna sleep in the same room as Josie and the other girls during the scandals was a form of humiliation. (On a side note, I just can’t believe that it wasn’t meant to both control and humiliate her.) Anna didn’t get any privacy (for personal phone calls and the likes?!) and time solely to herself. Such behavior from Michelle and JB was a GIGANTIC red flag

Is it proved or just an assumption? She and the baby could have been sleeping in one of the little rooms (like the one they used as a sew room) or in a built-in room. 

I also doubt Jana sleeps in the dorm room. It would be ridiculous for any grown woman, but specially for a married one, with a nursing baby, like Anna was.

I think JB and Michelle needed to calm Anna, not to make her angrier. But who knows... Those people always act the opposite of common sense!

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Is it proved or just an assumption? She and the baby could have been sleeping in one of the little rooms (like the one they used as a sew room) or in a built-in room. 

I also doubt Jana sleeps in the dorm room. It would be ridiculous for any grown woman, but specially for a married one, with a nursing baby, like Anna was.

I think JB and Michelle needed to calm Anna, not to make her angrier. But who knows... Those people always act the opposite of common sense!

No she was shown in the girls room, they did seem to put a couple wardrobe cabinets around her bed for a bit a privacy, I'm guessing more because Meredith was so small and she'd need to nurse at night so this wouldn't disturb the other girls in the room.  Not sure if the boys slept in the partitioned off area with Anna or if they slept in the boys room.  Mac could easily bunk with Josie & Jordyn.  

I'm not sure how they pulled this off I just realized Jinger & Joy were unmarried at this time so that would put Anna & kids, Jana, Jinger, Joy, Johanna, Jenny, Jordyn & Josie in that room.  Even at 600 sq feet that is 10 women/girls & 1 infant in one room. That is crowded. 

Michael & Marcus could share a bed but there were also still 9 men/boys at home as well. Did they have Tyler yet? If he was their that is 12 people in the boys room. Again super crowded. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 2

Yeah, I definitely remember Anna being shown staying in the girls room. I can't find the episode online (part two of the original Counting on), but I checked the recaps on the fan duggar family blog to confirm.

For the first time in months, Anna Duggar, who is currently staying in the girls’ room at Jim Bob and Michelle Duggars’ house, is speaking out. “Things have shifted, but the girls’ room is still very full at the Duggar home,” says the mother of four, smiling.

I don't think they had Tyler yet. Maybe they had the triple bunks by then in the boys room? I think the triple bunks mean the boys room sleeps 12, so you could maybe have Michael in there, and Marcus either with him or sharing with Anna 

Although we haven't seen the girls room in a while, the last couple of times it was shown with a curtained off section, which I'm pretty sure is where Jana sleeps. Given they didn't even give Anna the guest room, I doubt it would be offered to Jana. I don't think the sewing room would be big enough for a bedroom, and possibly against regulations? those rooms are in the eaves I think and very small and windowless. I think the older girls converted it into a closet so they didn't have to use the family one. I do think they should give Jana the guest room, but I seriously doubt they have - which is why she has to spend all her time outside in her shed.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Josh and Anna had an RV which they travelled from DC to visit David and Priscilla in Chicago on season 9 of 19KAC.

Josh insisted on driving and parking it downtown. I remember both David and Priscilla being openly horrified at the idea.

Would be pretty amazing if this is the very same RV - the one on the show had some issues.

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Josh and Anna had an RV which they travelled from DC to visit David and Priscilla in Chicago on season 9 of 19KAC.

Josh insisted on driving and parking it downtown. I remember both David and Priscilla being openly horrified at the idea.

Would be pretty amazing if this is the very same RV - the one on the show had some issues.

Josh being an arse and making poor decisions?? Hard to believe ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 16

5 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Why were they horrified? Would it be stolen? 

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I’m assuming because traffic would be bad and parking options limited downtown?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Maybe RVs are allowed in US cities, but in other countries they are not, at least not at nights. Anyway, it's very difficult to find a parking place for such a big vehicle.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Imagine parking a huge RV in downtown Sydney/Melborne/Brisbane. 

Parking something that size in a major city is something only a moron or an entitled douche bag would do. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/26/2020 at 2:20 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Parking something that size in a major city is something only a moron or an entitled douche bag would do.

Why not both?! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Anna has a picture on Instagram of herself, 2 of her kids, Jessa, Ben and Esther- the young girl from the Philippines that Lawson Bates was raising funds for so she could have life saving surgery. It’s not clear how she has ended up in Arkansas but I do hope she isn’t being paraded around fundie Covid deniers for photo opportunities. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 6

On 10/25/2020 at 5:57 PM, AussieKrissy said:

Because it is an awful experience. Even just driving/parking a larger truck is a pain in a city. I would never willingly drive or attempt to park my motorhome in a large city like Chicago. Between the low bridges, density, and small spaces nope. That is exactly why you tow a vehicle behind a motorhome.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Anna has a picture on Instagram of herself, 2 of her kids, Jessa, Ben and Esther- the young girl from the Philippines that Lawson Bates was raising funds for so she could have life saving surgery. It’s not clear how she has ended up in Arkansas but I do hope she isn’t being paraded around fundie Covid deniers for photo opportunities. 

She totally is. I'm grateful for her surgery, but they're using her like a prop instead of a human being who still needs care. Makes me so sad. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 7

On 10/26/2020 at 5:17 AM, Karma said:

I’m assuming because traffic would be bad and parking options limited downtown?

Grew up in Chicago and I can't imagine ever being able to find parking downtown or anywhere on the city streets for an RV.  Parking garages will not have enough clearance, the only thing I can think of is that he found one of those outside paid parking lots where the attendants allowed him in.  There are a few of those and those are the only places I can think of where he could park. 

And that's not to mention the traffic.   There's a real reason that whenever we go into the Chicago, we take the train.   Growing up I always took public transportation (didn't bother with a car until I moved out of the city) and I hated the few times I had to drive downtown. 

• Upvote 7

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic