IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

Job 42:12 is kinda in poor taste. Job's kids all died but his wife didn't and they had more kids later, so that's sorta backwards.

• WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Maili is only just 18? She's remarkably articulate and insightful!

What's to become of the younger brothers, still in Sproul custody? And with special needs, or do I remember incorrectly? I hope the adult children will be there for them when they're able to leave. 

• Upvote 2

On 4/11/2020 at 9:28 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

Really!? I hadn’t heard this

Oh yeah. Look at the glassdoor reviews for his company, but make sure to filter for most recent. 

• Thank You 1

• 5 weeks later...

Spanky is raising money to plant a church, or so he says. Not everyone agrees that's what the fundraising is for. Maybe he's fundraising for another brewery?

At 7:03 PM, Anonymous GNL said...

...If you're looking for a great example for how to pull off a religious scam look no further. Any monies Sproul collects aren't going to go into a building construction escrow account. He'll just use the donations to pay himself a salary. It'll wind up in his pocket just like the donations to Highlands Ministries all wound up in his pocket. If he wanted to "plant" a church why tell us of plans to "build a sanctuary" on a piece of land he doesn't even own? That's not how you do church planting. You start out by holding studies and services in your home. The Sproul mansion is quite large and can comfortably accommodate at least 40 people for services. Once you outgrow your home you rent space for church services. But Sproul has been doing studies for over a year from his home, always begging people to come. Has he outgrown his home? Hardly! Not even one single person ever attends his studies. At best he's got a handful of Facebook followers from out of state. He can't even get anyone to come to his home from right there in Fort Wayne. So obviously he's a total failure as a church planter. But even if he eventually could start getting people to come to his big house, why raise money for a building project? How does that make any sense? What would make sense is to rent space for a church. That's a whole lot cheaper. That's exactly what his best buddy Tullian Tchividjian is doing, renting a meeting hall in a hotel. It's an inexpensive way to plant a church that no one has to make any burdensome financial obligations for. Sproul's so-called church planting ploy is nothing but a scam to line his pockets.

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, Banyan said:

Spanky is raising money to plant a church, or so he says. Not everyone agrees that's what the fundraising is for. Maybe he's fundraising for another brewery?

I watched part of one of his promo videos for this project a while ago, and I just couldn't muster up the staying power to summarize it for you all. He was standing at the site, going on about bringing vision into reality, with a backdrop of a really dreary, muddy, snowy bit of Indiana. Since RC likes classical allusions, I'll say that it reminded me of a line in Hamlet about a pointless war: "We go to gain a little patch of ground / That hath in it no profit but the name."

If I heard him right, part of the idea is to create a refuge for troubled pastors to regroup and repent. And a seminary. And then my eyes and ears glazed over so don't take all this as gospel, so to speak.

I just clicked the new promo and can report that the site does look marginally better with sunshine, and that R.C. needs a haircut (as do I).

Edited by older than allosaurs
new stuff
  • Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

a refuge for troubled pastors to regroup and repent

I liked it better when white, male fuck-ups were honest and just called them "country clubs." 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3

On 3/4/2020 at 3:24 AM, Mary4986 said:

Ravi Zacharias: Academic fraud and likely adulterer

Also now dead.

On 4/14/2020 at 6:13 AM, danvillebelle said:

- the pre-teen girls SLATHERED themselves with that stuff. 

We considered that one mechanism for Avon SSS's effectiveness was insects becoming mired in the SSS oil -- if you used enough, you skin became a human La Brea Tar Pit hellscape of dead gnats.  I do not miss biting gnat season -- May through the first week of July in the Four Corners area. 

Mosquito season is already in full swing here in Texas.  I'm ordering a Thermacell insect repellent thing from REI today.  Based on reviews, it creates a 15-foot diameter insect-free area. If it works, I can sit on my porch in the morning without suiting up or slathering myself in insect repellent. 

Also, I don't think Spanky will be successful in his "church" planting efforts, unless he stumbles across a well-heeled backer enabler.  As Doug Phillips has discovered, it's not easy finding that second unicorn. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 5/21/2020 at 10:40 AM, Howl said:

Mosquito season is already in full swing here in Texas.  I'm ordering a Thermacell insect repellent thing from REI today.  Based on reviews, it creates a 15-foot diameter insect-free area. If it works, I can sit on my porch in the morning without suiting up or slathering myself in insect repellent. 

Also, I don't think Spanky will be successful in his "church" planting efforts, unless he stumbles across a well-heeled backer enabler.  As Doug Phillips has discovered, it's not easy finding that second unicorn. 

Thermacell works somehow. :) You do need to charge it constantly but the stuff is good.  

As for Spanky well he sort of has no denominational connections and for nondenom neither he nor Lisa are exactly the Warrens (Rick and Kay are a team)...

Edited by Soulhuntress
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Soulhuntress said:

As for Spanky well he sort of has no denominational connections and for nondenom neither he nor Lisa are exactly the Warrens (Rick and Kay are a team)...

Reminds me: Shameless and unrepentant Mark Driscoll refused church discipline, fled the implosion of the Mars Hill Church franchise in Seattle and resurrected (!) as Trinity Church in Scottsdale, AZ.  He lined up big name mega pastors for the board and is currently  going strong. 

Cynical me thinks Driscoll deliberately chose a place to land with a rich conservative populace.  Trinity Church 

I suspect he's up to the same old shit in a more palatable form, i.e. less hipster-ish. 

Spanky isn't going to resurrect like Mark Driscoll, Ted Haggard, Tullian Tchividjian, et al. because Spanky is lazy.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I read this morning somewhere (Twitter?) that Driscoll is partnering with James McDonald (not of “James and Stacy” but that other lunatic who used photos of people he didn’t like for target practice) in some New Big Thing.

That ought to be interesting.

• Disgust 1
  • Thank You 2

56 minutes ago, refugee said:

I read this morning somewhere (Twitter?) that Driscoll is partnering with James McDonald

Is this the James MacDonald of the Harvest Church scandal?  I would not be surprised in the least that those two scumbags are hatching plans together to fleece people out of yet more money. 

Two scumbags hatching a plan.  What could possibly go wrong?

I did a google search for "James MacDonald church scandal" and it brought up a lot of links.  

One random website, The Roys Report (julieroys.com)  -- I have no idea how legit it is but looks very interesting -- discusses how much $$$$ MacDonald got out Harvest Church.  It's staggering.  This article is from just over a year ago.  James MacDonald Took Millions from Harvest & Now Demands Broadcast Ministry

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, dripcurl said:

@refugee @Howl I am pretty sure they are in cahoots on Twitter.

in Twitter and in life -- They crashed some Christian conference together years ago, when Driscoll was still riding high at Mars Hill, and grabbed a guy's phone when he tried to stop them.  They're made for each other. McDonald was part of Driscoll's "accountability team" at Mars Hill -- that worked out well.

https://www.wthrockmorton.com/2018/12/21/harvest-bible-chapel-mars-hill-church-2-0/

driscoll mcdonald.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Hey, just so you guys know: It's perfectly fine for women to be ministers, now. Because Lisa. 

No "Like" from Spanks, but I'm sure he just hasn't seen it yet. /s

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Well now, CBE International is a nonprofit promoting egalitarianism in the church:

"CBE International (Christians for Biblical Equality) advances the gospel by equipping Christians to use their God-given talents in leadership and service regardless of gender, ethnicity, or class.

CBE, a 501c3 nonprofit, is supported by a community that believes the Bible, properly interpreted, calls women and men to lead and serve as equals, based on Scriptures such as Galatians 3:28."

RC, on the other hand, co-wrote this with Doug Phillips (who is a tool):

We emphasize the importance of biblical patriarchy, not because it is greater than other doctrines, but because it is being actively attacked by unbelievers and professing Christians alike. Egalitarian feminism is a false ideology that has bred false doctrine in the church and seduced many believers. In conscious opposition to feminism, egalitarianism, and the humanistic philosophies of the present time, the church should proclaim the Gospel centered doctrine of biblical patriarchy as an essential element of God’s ordained pattern for human relationships and institutions.

• Upvote 6

I mean, A.) there is no way that Spanky has changed his mind about female pastors, and B.) if you're a woman who wants to latch onto a ministry so that you can "lead," maybe choose one that doesn't struggle to get a dozen people to watch its live streams, as does Dude'sAMess Fellowship. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

• 1 month later...

I checked out Lisa's Mary Kay page on FB last week. Now Lisa has squatted in my FB messages wanting to know "What kind of service can we help you with?" 

Yeesh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1

On 7/17/2020 at 6:39 PM, DomWackTroll said:

At this point I feel like this asshole is just trolling/gaslighting his own children. God, he's so despicable. 

Yes, but their shared despicableness is what bonds them together. That and narcissism are significant character traits they share in common. And I agree they're still trolling/gaslighting his children. She initiated the family discord (all in the name of God's assignment for her to be family Queen). Why was he so eager to throw caution to the wind and go along on Lisa's family-destroying ride? Guilt-free sex. Sex is his weakness (booze being a close second). Spanky does whatever Queen Lisa demands so he can continue getting laid. Would his children perhaps been better off had he been more successful on Ashley Madison? Sex-crazed Spanky having a series of short-term affairs would have caused his children far less injury than hooking up long-term with a malevolent psychobitch.

7 hours ago, Banyan said:

Sex-crazed Spanky having a series of short-term affairs would have caused his children far less injury

My first reaction was to agree, but then I thought, "This is Spanky we're talking about." Afternoon delights interrupted unexpectedly by the kids; unstable sex partners; women who like to "party"; fast getaways in large vehicles; jealous husbands finding out where he lives; firearms... The possibilities would be endless. 

• Upvote 4

On 7/17/2020 at 1:39 PM, DomWackTroll said:

At this point I feel like this asshole is just trolling/gaslighting his own children. 

He is. A number of their recent FB posts have featured the two youngest boys, one of the posts even crowing about the fact that Lisa legally adopted the four then-minor children of Spanky's after they married. 

I hope that the boys are being treated better than their older sisters, who both left that house as soon as they could after turning 18.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Howl said:

I checked out Lisa's Mary Kay page on FB last week. Now Lisa has squatted in my FB messages wanting to know "What kind of service can we help you with?" 

Yeesh. 

Lisa..Are you a Dominatrix? Or a submissive? I have everything you need for both positions.

• Haha 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic