IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

13 hours ago, Destiny said:

TBH, i don’t remember the other account name, but they were in this thread, and this thread only.

Well that really sucks. Couldn't she have just been issued a warning and only one of her accounts been banned, not both? I know she broke the rules and all but I'm hoping there's some way she can be permitted to come back and post again. And I'm talking about doing so without her having to first prove she's an immediate family member like what hoipolloi required on Jan 13. That just seemed a bit invasive of her right to anonymity and even a bit of a double standard. Lisa (or at least someone most people agree must have been Lisa) had two accounts going here at the same time and no one demanded she prove her identity.

Edited by Banyan
  • Move Along 2
  • Confused 1

Well that really sucks. Couldn't she have just been issued a warning and only one of her accounts been banned, not both? I know she broke the rules and all but I'm hoping there's some way she can be permitted to come back and post again. And I'm talking about doing so without her having to first prove she's an immediate family member like what hoipolloi required on Jan 13. That just seemed a bit invasive of her right to anonymity and even a bit of a double standard. Lisa (or at least someone most people agree must have been Lisa) had two accounts going here at the same time and no one demanded she prove her identity.

No. Rules are rules, and she knowingly broke them. She was given a path that didn’t involve a ban and declined it. If she wants to come back, she knows what to do. No further discussion will be had on this topic here. If you have more to say, take it to CD.
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

Another new enterprise for RCJR, per his blog:

...I published my first book, Money Matters, with Tyndale House 35 years ago. Since then I have published more than a dozen more. I’ve written for World, Chronicles, The Freeman, Homeschooling Today, Tabletalk and many more. I know how to get from inspiration to completion, and how to help others do the same. At my company, The Purpose Driven Write, I help writers not merely find their voice, but find their audience. I provide developmental editing services, coaching, copyediting and ghostwriting. I’m looking for writers and aspiring writers who want to tell not their story, but His story, and how He has changed them. ...

• Thank You 5

6 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Another new enterprise for RCJR, per his blog:

Oh, FFS. 

Spanky? Are you drinking again?  The Purpose Driven Write is a terrible, no good, awful, cringeworthy name for your new bidness.  Gack.  Somebody should slap some sense into you. 

You and your god-soaked wife trying to start a franchise by ripping off obnoxious Rick Warren's Purpose Driven brand is...*sputters incoherently* and also invites a big fat copyright infringement, cease-and-desist lawsuit. 

However, if you persist, I am Purpose Driven (!)  to offer some suggestions for further god-soaked titles in your series: 

• cookbook: The Purpose Driven Bite 
  • strength training manual: The Purpose Driven Might
  • guide to insults: The Purpose Driven Slight
  • guide to arguing: The Purpose Driven Fight
  • guide to air travel: The Purpose Driven Flight
  • guide to defeating your enemies God's way: The Purpose Driven Smite
  • guide to Matthew McConaughey: The Purpose Driven "Alright, alright, alright!" 

and so forth. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 27
  • Love 4

A guide to winter traction control:  The Purpose Driven Cipe

A guide to Drum & Bugle Corps:  The Purpose Driven Fife

A guide to stacks and lists: The Purpose Driven LIF-O

A guide to batteries: The Purpose Driven LiPo

A guide to LED lighting selection:  The Purpose Driven Light

A guide to tabacco accoutrements:  The Purpose Driven Pipe

A guide to wafting:  The Purpose Driven Whiff

A guide to sinning:  The Purpose Driven Wiff

A guide to staging a come-back: The Purpose Driven Hype

Edited by Maxwell
More.... and typos
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 3:47 PM, Banyan said:

Another significant comment on Spinderella Sproul: 

It seems weird to me that Doug Wilson got so much attention over the way he handled the Steven Sitler mess but somehow Spanky has avoided exposure. As a footnote to the article they said:

I think this is something that merits exposure. 

I'm hoping they'll post an article about it.

Ask and ye shall receive.

RCSproulJr-StevenSitler.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

Here's RC in recent days, reminding us not to gossip. I guess we've been warned.

It was his own daughter who revealed Sitler's abuse online. Is he accusing her of mocking God? I wouldn't be surprised.

I’ve seen my own scandals and those of many dear friends play out on the internet. I’ve seen discernment bloggers, mommy bloggers, and countless ordinary social media users speed right past the Bible’s warnings. Some of these people I’ve seen pulled over for speeding. Some I’ve seen stuck in a ditch. Others I’ve seen drive right over the cliff. Whether it is my own sins, or the sins of others, one thing we know for certain- God will not be mocked. And mocking those for whom He sent His Son is mocking Him.

Most all of us have seen failures in the church. We have seen moral failures among our pastors. We have seen church splits more nasty than celebrity divorces. We have seen internal church feuds that make the Hatfields and McCoys look like a quilting bee. We have broken fellowship over the color of the carpet in the church narthex. What we have failed to do is pray. We have failed to pray for our pastors and elders. We have failed to see them as shepherds called to watch over our souls. The solution isn’t a movement or a program. The solution is obedience. Pray for those who watch over your souls. And pray that you would obey them in all submission, that their callings would be joyful. Such would profit you well.

• Thank You 4

5 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

We have failed to see them as shepherds called to watch over our souls.

And for good reason! That's because there are too many wannabe shepherds that can't even shepherd their own families. If you can't even manage to just watch over the physical bodies of your own children and the children of your church how are you qualified to watch over their souls? Sproul welcomed a stranger into his home and church, hosted him in a bedroom right next to his children in his basement with zero safeguards in place to protect them. Sproul didn't even bother pressing criminal charges when Sitler was caught. That part of the story can only be logically explained, as Spinderella does, by assuming  Sproul received payola to keep quiet. I have another possible theory though. It's either a payoff or he's such a pervert himself he doesn't have a problem with molesting children. I have the same opinion of Doug Wilson.

How can Sproul still think he's qualified to "watch over the souls" of anyone when he couldn't even keep a watch over children? I wouldn't trust such an irresponsible man to watch over the family cat while we're out of town, let alone our souls.

• Upvote 6

Oh my F**** God! Fundies really do all know each other, don't they. 

The entire Sitler situation has turned my stomach since I first heard of it, when that poor girl was sold a bill of gods by her parents and "pastor" and married him. Now, they have a baby - that he couldn't be around, last I read. It's all so stomach turning I want to vomit right now. 

And, to find out Sproul has a connection? That his own kids have suffered at Sitler's hands? That he did jack shit about it? 

He's a sick, sick puppy and I really hope that one day, he gets what he deserves. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Ugh. Just UGH. I don’t even have words.
What’s the Sitler situation at these days? I haven’t kept up with it. Is he still allowed to visit his wife?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

mommy bloggers

This phrase-- one that Spanky loves to use on the reg-- fairly drips with misogyny. "How dare women give their own opinions in the public sphere! How dare they attempt to protect their own children, rather than trusting men to do it for them? Why, they're just a bunch a silly mommies! Never mind that that's exactly what we've insisted they be..." 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

We have failed to pray for our pastors and elders. We have failed to see them as shepherds called to watch over our souls...The solution is obedience. Pray for those who watch over your souls. And pray that you would obey them in all submission.

Ah yes, the obnoxious TOUCH NOT MINE ANOINTED trope trotted out as cover for pastors who have indulged in spectacularly criminal activities, often involving sexual transgressions. 

Spanky translator: Fuck off. I'm untouchable. Obey me.  Classic narcissist's response.

The staggering level of arrogance it takes for Spanky to put this in writing is stunning and I find it viscerally disgusting. 

Sadly, extremely damaged and therefor vulnerable people will buy into this obey, submit message.  Everybody else (any sane, normal person with healthy boundaries) responds with "WTAF? NO WAY!" mode. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11

17 hours ago, bea said:

Ugh. Just UGH. I don’t even have words.
What’s the Sitler situation at these days? I haven’t kept up with it. Is he still allowed to visit his wife

Visit?  Hell, no.  Apparently since 2017 he gets to live with her.  And the child.   The whole thing is just plain disgusting.

And every year when his sex offender status is up for review, Doug Wilson turns out the session to pray and speak in support of his pedophile pal. 

http://www.moscowid.net/2017/08/12/steven-sitler-update-the-house-that-wilson-built/

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 7

23 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Visit?  Hell, no.  Apparently since 2017 he gets to live with her.  And the child.   The whole thing is just plain disgusting.

And every year when his sex offender status is up for review, Doug Wilson turns out the session to pray and speak in support of his pedophile pal. 

http://www.moscowid.net/2017/08/12/steven-sitler-update-the-house-that-wilson-built/

Any man who would accept the word of a pedophile that he's repentant is either a fool or he doesn't have any moral qualms with molesting children. I think Doug Wilson is the opposite of a fool. He's very cunning, so... I can only conclude the latter. I'd be willing to bet Doug Wilson has been into some extremely kinky stuff himself. I'll say the same for RC Sproul Jr. Either that or it's exactly as Spinderella speculates -- both men received substantial financial Sitler family payoffs.

I don't understand how Sitler received a life sentence with a legal requirement that he serve a minimum of 5 years (as specified by state law) and yet he was paroled in only 20 months. How was that possible? I thought judges had to follow the legal sentencing requirements. Sentencing laws aren't just guidelines. They're the law. Judges don't just get to decide that stuff on their own, do they? What am I missing?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I can't read that link because everything having to do with Sitler makes me feel physically, violently ill. But - does it say who his chaperones are? Like, they were his parents & wife, and all failed to report him. 

Then again, if they're letting him live with the boy, maybe they think he doesn't need chaperones. 

And, there it is - I'm about to lose my lunch.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I can't read that link because everything having to do with Sitler makes me feel physically, violently ill.

I just went to that site and wound up clicking on a link there that took me to something that I just can't believe. Now I'm physically ill too! My head is reeling and I feel like I'm going to throw up. What am I reading?

Apparently, the legal question that came before the Court was if the State can require parents to inform their children that they were victimized by a pedophile before compelling those children to reestablish contact with the pedophile. And apparently Idaho code does not contemplate this circumstance, so Steven Sitler prevailed. Two days before Christmas the Court ruled that he could be with his victims without them knowing what he did to them, as long as the victims’ parents agree. Thus far, the parents of four victims have consented...

In this particular circumstance, these parents, like all the other victim families, refused to cooperate with the investigation into Sitler’s crimes and helped build the stonewall of silence that shielded Sitler from accountability in the first place. Now they exacerbate their children’s molestation by forcing them to be with the man who raped them without so much as telling them what he did.

I'm trying to comprehend it but my brain is reeling so hard it just doesn't make sense! How could such a thing happen? Has the whole town of Moscow gone insane? Is Judge Stegner on the take?

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Banyan said:

I'm trying to comprehend it but my brain is reeling so hard it just doesn't make sense! How could such a thing happen? Has the whole town of Moscow gone insane? Is Judge Stegner on the take?

Possibly.  Honestly the DA did his level best in the Sitler case.  He fought very hard.  But the whole town of Moscow seems to be in thrall to or controlled by Doug Wilson.

It is probably a f'ing miracle that the case even came to trial at all.  The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach too.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Banyan said:

Either that or it's exactly as Spinderella speculates -- both men received substantial financial Sitler family payoffs.

Wilson got Sitler safely out of state and then leaned HARD on the parents of the molested children.  Sitler's parents are wealthy but it had not occurred to me until @Banyan's post that there may have been a payday for Wilson "donation" to the CREC.  Never, ever underestimate Wilson's capacity for evil machinations and Machiavellian acts and an astounding ability to cover up both. 

Yes, his parents and wife are "chaperones."  What a f**king joke and a total miscarriage of justice. Sitler is the type of pedophile that has, basically, a 100% chance of re-offending.  The likelihood that he has not molested his own child is zero (IMHO). 

Also, Jamin Wight, CREC Pedophile #2.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

The likelihood that he has not molested his own child is zero (IMHO). 

Not going to look for it right now, but Sitler admitted to a social worker or counselor that he was having inappropriate thoughts about his child, not long after the baby was born. Despite this, Sitler's wife & parents were STILL allowed to chaperone him around the child. Absolutely disgusting.

Doug Wilson brings a whole new dimension to the term "fucking asshole." May Wilson burn eternally in the hell he believes exists.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Not going to look for it right now, but Sitler admitted to a social worker or counselor that he was having inappropriate thoughts about his child, not long after the baby was born.

Correct. But since that early failed polygraph test subsequent polygraphs have only gone downhill from there.

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic