IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

RC to James: "James, you don't think you inferred sin on my part, yet you post a follow up that, presumably unpacks your original point, in which you clearly accuse me (RC)."

A "follow-up" to what? Where did James make his "original point" and what was it? Does anyone know? 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

A "follow-up" to what? Where did James make his "original point" and what was it? Does anyone know?

Just saw this FB drama today so I'm guessing that there was at least one additional comment from James but it got deleted.

Also guessing that Spanky left that comment by James so that his rebuttal could be showcased in all its eloquence and brilliance. ?

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Howl said:

from Lisa's facebook post: 

"ending in his wife's marital unfaithfulness and ultimately death..." 

WTAF?  She's accusing Denise of cheating on Spanky?  

No one who knew Denise believes she was capable of having an affair. She was as faithful a wife as they come. Lisa has sunk to an all time low, and apparently Spanky is more than willing to throw his late wife under the bus to appease Queen Lisa.

I recollect when Spanky outed himself for having an Ashley Madison account (which he only "visited" wink wink) he said "I've always been faithful to my wife, even after her death." Really weird claim. Wouldn't it be interesting if Lisa now attempted to mitigate Spanky's AM account scandal by saying, "Hey, no big deal. Denise cheated on RC." But why stop there with throwing the late wife under the bus? Next we'll hear how Denise was an alcoholic and forced Spanky to drink so much he too became an alcoholic. So the DUI was really Denise's fault.

I posted a comment to Spinderella Sproul and asked them to write an article about this mess. I'm hoping they'll oblige.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I want their definition of "unfaithfulness"!  In Lisa and RC jr's world, I suspect not doing what your are told/asked to do, could constitute, unfaithfulness.  This stuff is so unbelievable.  I feel for the children.  What heartache.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Many thanks to @forgetmenow for the screenshots!

Ya know, in a different scenario, I would have sympathy for someone in Lisa's position. When a person dies young, there can be a tendency to remember them as something closer to an angel than a flesh and blood human being. It would be even more acute in a case like this one, a pastor's wife from a theological dynasty that leans heavily toward cult of personality, a number of adult step-children in the mix, etc. I'm sure it legitimately wouldn't be easy to navigate for most people.

That said, I think 99.9% of people would handle it with more grace than we've seen from Lisa.

And after reading her last few posts, I'm convinced that a pack of rabid badgers would handle it with more grace than Lisa.

We get it, Lisa. You're a narcissist with a persecution complex. You can't possibly be wrong, so clearly everyone* else is. Up to and including a woman who died nearly nine years ago.

I know you will never consider the possibility, but maybe, just *maybe* the problem is you.

The (darkly) funny thing about Lisa's fixation on Denise is that Lisa could never in a million years have coped with the lifestyle Denise was expected to live. Denise earned the respect of her community because, occasional publication aside, she did what a woman in a patriarchal world is supposed to do, keep her head down (no matter what humiliation her husband might throw her way) and quietly raise a family.

Without constant praise and attention, Queen Lisa melts down like a toddler.

*Except Spanky. Until that inevitably goes bust as well.

• Upvote 12

I was widowed (without kids) over 20 years ago, and while it is true that the past becomes a bit rosier with distance, I have moved on. I expect my new partner to understand the sadness that comes from acknowledging certain anniversaries because that's just being a decent human being. I would never, ever tolerate my new partner talking about my previous one in the way Lisa has about Denise. Never. In the same way, I would never talk shit about my new partner's ex in any kind of public forum, and particularly not in front of their children. 

This is cruel and unbelievably selfish behaviour from both of them. The fact that they can find biblical justification for their assholery speaks volumes about what faith is to them.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, Flyinthesoup said:

I want their definition of "unfaithfulness"!  In Lisa and RC jr's world, I suspect not doing what your are told/asked to do, could constitute, unfaithfulness.  This stuff is so unbelievable.  I feel for the children.  What heartache.  

I wonder that, too.  The wording is pretty careful.  Lisa specifically accuses her ex-husbands of infidelities, but the murky charge of "marital unfaithfulness"  is hurled at the late Mrs. Sproul.

I'm all about discretion, but if she's publicly accusing the Original First Lady of the Sproul Household of adultery, she better come with receipts.  If it's anything other, then shame on her for using deceptive language to damage a dead woman's reputation.  She knows what people will assume when they read these words.

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I hope Denise's family, especially her parents, are not aware of this awfulness.  I don't know about their relationship with Spanky, but as grandparents, do they have any relationship with the two boys still at home? 

Eeeeesh, Lisa's capacity to make her religion subservient to her personal dramaturgy gets on my very last last nerve

"Almost four years ago we married. Right after the saints rejoiced, hell raged, demons screamed." 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Howl said:

"Almost four years ago we married. Right after the saints rejoiced, hell raged, demons screamed." 

Bitch, you really, really ain't all that. I mean, talk about delusions of grandeur... It's not enough to be called "The First Lady of the Sproul McMansion" or whatever; both heaven and hell must stop and take note! 

Sorry, but I highly doubt any "saints" are rejoicing over you, Lisa (can't you just see Mother Teresa reading the SpankLi marriage announcement and nodding in approval?), and as for "demons screaming," well, take a look in the mirror. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

37 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

James calls Spanky out on his own FB page! 

Holy shit! Stacy says that Spanky blocked both of them after they called him out on the Spanks n' Lisa FB page:

1453647217_StacyMcDonaldsComments.thumb.png.4075fe16cfb96828ae88ddeb869fe242.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 10

31 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Holy shit! Stacy says that Spanky blocked both of them after they called him out on the Spanks n' Lisa FB page:

1453647217_StacyMcDonaldsComments.thumb.png.4075fe16cfb96828ae88ddeb869fe242.png

"I guess he didn't consider that I might have saved the screenshots.  These words/actions crack me up!

I am glad Spanky and his current wife are showing their true colors. Perhaps the child that is hoped for, to be in the princess room, will be spared the mistake of being placed in their home.

• Upvote 11

45 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Stacy says that Spanky blocked both of them after they called him out on the Spanks n' Lisa FB page

Yeah, she's got all the receipts; said she made sure to take screen shots of everything. How I do hope she shares! 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Yeah, she's got all the receipts; said she made sure to take screen shots of everything. How I do hope she shares! 

Me, too!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

How old are these people?

Old enough to know better. Then again, they're fundie Christians.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

How old are these people?

In their 50s.

The James McDonald comment thread is long and illuminating. It includes responses from Darcy Sproul Stouffer and from Denise's mom.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

Holy schmoley! Better head to COSTCO for the large size Jiffy Pop.  

I stopped by the RC-Lisa Sproul fb page yesterday.  Reily, the older son, is 15 and there is some birthday footage.  RC has straggly quarantine hair about 4 inches long in the back (there's nothing on top) and he looks like a repulsive little gnome. 

There's also some video of RC pontificating from his stuffed chair.  I kept it on mute, of course, but the visual? Astoundingly self satisfied schmuck. 

The James McD facebook thread is going strong. Bolding mine. 

Stacy McD: 

...I agree. There is no room for self righteousness. But I think righteous anger is absolutely appropriate when, after suffering and dying from cancer, a godly woman is viciously slandered by the narcissistic man she faithfully loved and served for years - and all while her precious children are cast aside by their own father.
All this in order to prop up his “ministry” with his equally narcissistic new wife.
I am absolutely disgusted.

and further down the thread, this incredibly painful, heartbreaking post by Darby Stouffer: 

While I am absolutely appreciative of all who defend my mother’s good name (and the truth of the matters therein) I would simultaneously plead with everyone here to please be very careful in how you speak of this or address it. We children are always the first to be attacked, blamed, and put into a line of fire whenever there is any type of public discussion.

It is assumed and stated that we are the ones starting it, and seeking to stir up drama. When in reality all we know to do when this happens (and it happens like clockwork) is to pray, cry, and hope we are not subject to vicious and unfounded attacks once again. It is comforting to read the words of support for my mom and siblings here, but also scary because of the nature of what we are dealing with.

Darby and the other adult kids are aware of just how vicious Lisa is.  I'm sure Darby is hanging on to the hope that they can have some access, some relationship, now or in the future, with their siblings still with Lisa & RC. I'm assuming they've given up on RC. 

RC being called out by James McD will unleash Lisa's narcissistic rage and fury. Stand by for more unhinged rants about the mega ultra godliness of Lisa's god-breathed marriage to Spanky, the fabulous god anointed writer and holy communicator under attack by shrieking demons. 

I hope the Lisa/RC mind meld will spill the beans on what was implied by "marital unfaithfulness."  

And there's more! Lisa is called out over the horrible review character assassination of Denise re: Tending the Garden.   The review has been taken down -- I don't know if Lisa removed it or Amazon did -- but the facebook poster included a screen shot. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11

We're having some personal drama in my world -- not mean, thankfully, just complicated. Plus I read most of Mary Trump's book yesterday. So for the family upheaval trifecta I listened to most of Queenie and Jr.s podcast late last night. They are starting a series on "Sacred Marriage" eg, their sacred marriage.

outtakes:

Lisa's mom died recently and RCJR evidently gave the eulogy. He said some people were looking daggers at him, but he didn't notice because he was so wrapped up in the gospel and  anyway he's at peace because Jesus covers everything.

(He suggests you watch his funeral oration on Youtube)

Lisa's daughter Sarah Kelley (who is currently speaking out against her on Facebook) plays a voicemail of her grandmother saying "how's my favorite granddaughter?" RC thought it was cute to follow up by saying in the presence of at least two of her exes that he is Lisa's favorite husband.

Lisa and RC point out their godly acceptance of the the exes' presence, which they demonstrate by making fun of both of them.

Lisa talks about the "strain and struggle with adult children of ours being there" and about why this funeral was so much better than RC's, where there was "horrible eye communication" and Christians behaving poorly.

"The lesson here is don't be a jerk" says Spanky (without apparent irony)

Lisa says, "The enemy has come with the sword and the hordes of hell against who you are and who I am" and "Our kids have been undermining with some of your kids." Mr. and Mrs. Sacred have been "falsely accused and attacked and subjected to horrific horrible methods to destroy." But they are inviting everyone to come to their table and be blessed.

And in the midst of this, some friends gave Lisa a spa day!

RC closes the segment by telling her -- "You are my best friend and you are my greatest blessing."

Now we move onto their son Reilly, who just turned 15.

Spanky intros his tribute to this "heroic" young man by dissing his "genetic background" and his first family, and then moves on to mimic his articulation before getting speech therapy.

//////////////////////////////////

I've always liked the phrase folie à deux. I associate it with besotted lovers who've lost all touch with objective reality. Wikipedia says "Folie à deux ('madness for two'), also known as shared psychosis or shared delusional disorder (SDD), is a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief, and sometimes hallucinations, are transmitted from one individual to another." Is that what's going on here?

Edited by older than allosaurs
fixed an apostrophe
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9

@older than allosaurs -- Thank you for taking one for the team. I surely hope it's wine o'clock wherever you are as you listen to this spew.

Spanky & Lisa's marriage is like adding ammonia to bleach -- their union now emits a perpetual toxic cloud of hate & vitriol.

• Upvote 12

Erma Gerd, @older than allosaurs, that qualifies you for martyrdom!  Hope you have achieved equilibrium after listening to that. 

Someone on the James McD thread noted that Spanky's youtube channel has hardly any followers. 

• Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, Howl said:

Erma Gerd, @older than allosaurs, that qualifies you for martyrdom!  Hope you have achieved equilibrium after listening to that. 

Someone on the James McD thread noted that Spanky's youtube channel has hardly any followers. 

I've noticed that too. He's posted a lot of content there but rarely will you find any that have been viewed more than 10 times. Quite a few have 0 views.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic