IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

She's got a new post on her public blog.

https://www.mailiailsa.com/2020/04/06/no-man-is-an-island

She's also posting her art on Instagram, and one of her commenters is Beall Phillips.

Go Maili! Welcome back to the world.

Meanwhile, here's Lisa, on April 1.

The Potters Plan

April 1, 2020|Brokenness, Faith, Journey of Faith, Mercy and Grace, Pain for Purpose, Purification, Purpose, Sovereignty, Spiritual Maturity, Trials, Trust

"Woe to the one who quarrels with his Maker-- An earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth! Will the clay say to the potter, 'What are you doing?' Or the thing you are making say, 'He has no hands '? Isaiah 45:9

When God writes your story in the heavens, He isn't looking to promote you as a marvel on the earth. Rather, He is giving you beauty for ashes, a testimony for trial, victory for victim. It is not a perfect childhood, and flawless marriage or wonderful children that set you above the rest. Although everyone wants those things, God does not have one example in Scripture of people He used that were not dysfunctional, flawed or imperfect. Otherwise how could we ever measure up? We can't! It is Christ alone who perfects our weakness and brings forth His character in exchange for our filthy rags. ...

So, sadly, Lisa doesn't have wonderful children, but she's still The Queen.

Edited by older than allosaurs
more stuff ... and more stuff
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

Vesta is doing great. She is social and has her friends, and now I hope Maili can serve as a companion during this c virus and afterwards, while she gets her feet on solid ground. I am sure Vesta will take great care of Maili. Maili posted a pic about a week ago.

3B6C3EF8-7360-41B4-B15F-79462898047C.jpeg

• Thank You 8
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Banyan said:

Any word on how Vesta is doing? The poor woman has suffered so much humiliation from her wretch of a son and his psycho wife.

I can't say as I feel a whole 'lotta sympathy for Vesta in that department.  I always got the impression that she had a big hand in creating the train-wreck that is "Precious".

I am very happy to see that she's thrown her support behind Maili, though. Maili seems like a really insightful person, and a very talented writer. I'm pulling for her. Also really glad to hear that Erin Claire is doing well, and achieving some independence.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

Lisa posts a coloring page for the kiddies on Facebook.  Happy Easter!!!

Happy Easter, indeed! 

Re: Vesta.  Sometimes the relationship between grandma and granddaughter can be the best -- a warm, supportive and non-judgemental presence on the side of grandmother, and feeling supported and not judged on the granddaughter's side. 

Also, who knows what changes have happened for Vesta as she adjusts to life as a widow and maybe has a little option to come into her own, not in the shadow of her husband.  I'm so glad Maili has a place to land; not every kid has that. 

I'd love to see Maili in college in the fall, even Spanky college, or GASP! a secular college. 

• Upvote 3

On 3/3/2020 at 8:24 AM, Mary4986 said:

I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones I can recall off the top of my head. 

Welcome! I would add Dave Ramsey, emerging as incredibly abusive to his employees.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

20 minutes ago, refugee said:

Welcome! I would add Dave Ramsey, emerging as incredibly abusive to his employees.

Really!? I hadn’t heard this

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Really!? I hadn’t heard this

Reports of Ramseyʻs abuse go back some years, but the Wartburg Watch posted last fall on Ramseyʻs abusive treatment of employee, citing a November 2019 article from a Nashville, TN paper on court proceedings:

But the most shocking allegation in the [2014 Daily Beast] piece came by way of a quote from an anonymous former employee: “This is the guy who once pulled a loaded pistol out of a gift bag to teach us a lesson about gossip,” they said. “It was bizarre, even for Ramsey.”

Well, that crazy anecdote has now been confirmed, under oath, in a deposition by a longtime Ramsey employee. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

28 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Reports of Ramseyʻs abuse go back some years, but the Wartburg Watch posted last fall on Ramseyʻs abusive treatment of employee, citing a November 2019 article from a Nashville, TN paper on court proceedings:

Damn! I needed a shocked emoji after I read the article. ?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

image.png.68751fd17b95b25ebcc6cf6fc2234cb3.png

Lisa posts a coloring page for the kiddies on Facebook.  Happy Easter!!!

And now I see that Lisa sells Mary Kay (as per her Facebook page)

• Rufus Bless 3

12 hours ago, Granwych said:

And now I see that Lisa sells Mary Kay

Mary Kay has been around FOREVER. I'm vaguely recalling going to a Mary Kay "party" maybe 30 years ago. 

Mary Kay is an MLM/pyramid cosmetics deal and the big sellers at the pointy tip of the pyramid with a lot of downline would be awarded a pink Cadillac.  The last time I saw one was four or five years ago, on the highway between Sweetwater and Lubbock, in the Texas panhandle.  Before that, it's probably been 20 years. 

Back in the day, the seller would hold parties and demo the cosmetics on everyone, hoping that people would order and then have a recurring order every month. 

It's hard to see this as a viable business opportunity these days, but who knows.  When folks like Lisa dip their toes in MLM waters, you know that money is tight. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Mary Kay has been around FOREVER. I'm vaguely recalling going to a Mary Kay "party" maybe 30 years ago. 

Agree. For a long time -- as in decades -- Mary Kay, Avon, Tupperware & Amway were about the only MLMs with a nationwide presence in the US. The explosion of the MLMs in oils, makeup, clothing, accessories & kitchen stuff has come fairly recently, say the last 5-10 years.

Reddit has a running list of MLMs along with a weblink for checking on "businesses" you might run across. Of course, their discussion forum on MLMs is both helpful and hilarious.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

17 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Yep, I have heard other reports and reviews from former employees that working at Dave's company as pretty much like joining a cult.  Interviews involve interviewing spouses and giving up all your financial details to be sure your decisions line up with Dave's ideas.  So I guess having a car payment, credit cards and contributing to my 401K before paying off all my debt would be enough for me to get ruled out.  Not that I would want to work for a place that insists on getting that involved in their employees' personal lives.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

8 minutes ago, Howl said:

Is there a Jesus/religious angle to Mary Kay? 

Oh yes. God first, family second, career third is one of the Huns mantras.

Thanks to @Jasmar for the link I was going to post it if no-one else had. I always love when my two favourite snark-ables collide.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Oh yes. God first, family second, career third is one of the Huns mantras.

I had no idea.  When I first heard of Mary Kay back in the day and going forward, I don't recall any emphasis on the religious aspect, but maybe the reps are taught not to try that angle on potential marks, if they don't already know about their religious leanings! 

• Upvote 3

Lisa is almost a parody of a particular type of Midwestern woman. She actually reminds me a lot of one of my aunts (not a compliment to either of them). I highly, HIGHLY doubt this is her first MLM rodeo. If she's never done Home Interior Decorator parties, Princess House Crystal, Pampered Chef or PartyLite, I'll eat my hat. She's just the right age and general demographic to have been part of that era of MLMs in the Midwest.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Howl said:

It's hard to see this as a viable business opportunity these days, but who knows.  When folks like Lisa dip their toes in MLM waters, you know that money is tight. 

One reason Mary Kay could still be a viable business model is because baby boomers are the fastest growing age group. That's the perfect Mary Kay demographic -- women with anxieties over their aging appearance. I don't know anything about makeup other than what I've observed. I think I have a pretty good eye for what makes a woman attractive, and it's not Mary Kay, or at least the way Mary Kay instructs women to cake that gunk all over their faces. In my view makeup should accentuate a woman's natural features, not obliterate them with a mask of gelatinous goo.

The first time I saw a picture of Lisa Sproul without makeup I was absolutely shocked. In fact I couldn't believe it was her at all. It looked like a totally different woman. There just shouldn't be that much of a difference between seeing a woman with makeup vs. without. If there is it's because she's applying WAY too much. But that's the Mary Kay way. They're taught to slather that much on because the more they slather the more money is handed up to the upline. It's very much like how the mafia does business, except they're doing it for God dontcha know.

From my observation Mary Kay women often fall in the demographic of women with failing eyesight. This accounts for why they think applying massive quantities of Mary Kay makes them look attractive. Lisa Sproul is a perfect example. I've also noticed Mary Kay cosmetics make women smell like mosquito repellent. Men do not find this smell attractive.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Banyan said:

I've also noticed Mary Kay cosmetics make women smell like mosquito repellent.

Speaking of repellants and MLMs, Avonʻs Skin So Soft has long been used as an insect repellant, particularly for chiggers or mites.

Wouldn't recommend using it instead of real repellants, particularly for mosquitos or ticks, but it does work for chiggers.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Banyan said:

In my view makeup should accentuate a woman's natural features, not obliterate them with a mask of gelatinous goo.

Agree beyond the emoji! QFT!!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Speaking of repellents and MLMs, Avonʻs Skin So Soft has long been used as an insect repellent, particularly for chiggers or mites.

Back in the day when I worked outdoors in southwestern Colorado and southeastern Utah, the biting gnat (no-see-um) season was May-June.  They were wretched and could even crawl through you hair and bite your scalp under a hat.  Skin So Soft was one of the many, many things that we tried and it did seem to be somewhat effective. 

I've never heard of it as a chigger repellent. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2

Spanky & Queen Lisa seem to be quite the mutual admiration society.

Lisa posted the inscription from a Bible that Spanks -- her hunk of a husband! -- gave her several years ago:

2016979132_SpankysinscriptionitoQueenLisa.thumb.jpg.22541d9e66b08a13f0718a9ca0c7d71b.jpg

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Speaking of repellants and MLMs, Avonʻs Skin So Soft has long been used as an insect repellant, particularly for chiggers or mites.

Wouldn't recommend using it instead of real repellants, particularly for mosquitos or ticks, but it does work for chiggers.

You just gave me a church camp counselor flashback, circa 1990 - the pre-teen girls SLATHERED themselves with that stuff.  The smell was overpowering at every full group meeting, even outdoors.  

• Rufus Bless 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic