IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

We knew Queen Lisa was carefully following FJ and Spinderella. Now we know that Spanky follows them too. His recent Facebook posts are way too obviously made in reaction to things posted here and on Spinderella. He's upset to have his Queen exposed for having sabotaged family relations with his adult children, the destruction of the late Denise Sproul's photographs, exposure of those DCS reports of child abuse against Spanky and Lisa, etc, etc. So he gushes on and on about what an amazing mother Lisa is. Seriously, after everything he's done you can trust Spanky to be telling the truth!

Sorry Spanky, but your very creative narrative is a day late and a dollar short. We long ago had you figured out, and we also figured out Queen Lisa. You can't go back and change history. We all got to experience Lisa's spitefulness when she posted her vitriol under two aliases, even attacking your own children right here on FJ. How you can continue supporting such a family saboteur boggles the mind. Then again, considering what a horny bastard you must be to set up that Ashley Madison account it's not unreasonable to assume your marriage is largely fueled by sexual gratification. Not that there's anything necessarily wrong with that in and of itself. But please, stop confusing your happy-dick feelings for actual love. Eventually you'll learn that it's never good to let the little head do the thinking for the big head.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Banyan said:

We all got to experience Lisa's spitefulness when she posted her vitriol under two aliases, even attacking your own children right here on FJ. How you can continue supporting such a family saboteur boggles the mind. 

Did we ever actually confirm that it was her? I thought that was still undecided.

51 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

Did we ever actually confirm that it was her? I thought that was still undecided.

Hopefully I haven't crossed a line. If I have then all I can say is multiple people crossed the same line well before me. I distinctly recall multiple people calling out 241 and Schmoopy as Lisa's sock puppets. Did she ever admit it? No, she didn't. But 241 and Schmoopy also evaded responding to those accusations. Both sock puppets praised Lisa to the heavens and even called her a "hot babe" (narcissism much?). Both sock puppets also disparaged Spanky's adult children. Both sock puppets revealed things about the Sproul household that only someone very intimately acquainted could know. So if 241 and Schmoopy aren't Lisa then the field of possible remaining candidates would be extremely small.

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Banyan said:

And now we know how Spanky manages to pay the bills without having a job.

IANAn accountant, but their analysis seems to be very good.

Interesting to see that the 2018 IRS 990, as I predicted, showed an increase in "contributions and grants" to the tune of $800 K or more over 2017. Not huge but still an increase -- what's that saying about suckers being born every minute? Must be doubly true of the fundie Christian community.

• Upvote 4

A knowledgeable Spinderella commenter gives some details about Sproul's frauds. Apparently Spanky's scamming got so bad his book keeper quit for fear they might go to prison with Spanky:

Aside from stealing the tax ID numbers of other churches, one of Junior's favorite scams is double and triple billing his travel expenses. He'd use the Highlands Ministries American Express card for travel expenses (not to mention a lot of other stuff that wasn't legitimate ministry expenses at all). He'd write a check from the Highlands Ministries bank account to pay off the Amex card. Then he'd write a check to himself in the same amount from the St. Peter bank account annotated as "travel reimbursement" even though he'd never paid any of the travel expenses out of his own pocket. On top of that he'd bill the church or ministry that had him speak for his travel expenses. Then he'd pocket the money. If two or more ministries were involved in sponsoring a conference he'd bill them all for the same travel expenses. If his actual travel expenses for an event were $1500 (not an excessive figure given that he typically flew 1st Class, stayed in the nicest hotels and dined at the nicest restaurants) he could easily pocket upwards of $4500 in "reimbursements," none of which had come out of his own pocket in the first place. He did this many times to many churches and ministries, including his closest ministry friends. He defrauded even his own father's Ligonier Ministries. He's pocketed tens of thousands of dollars with his travel expense scam.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 6

On 12/4/2019 at 11:31 AM, Banyan said:

There's a new Spinderella Sproul article.

Ligonier Ministries Still Paying RC Sproul Jr Big Money

I'm not remotely surprised that mommy Ligonier is still funding Precious, but if that's the case, I wonder what's up with the whole situation surrounding Lisa's house. He's getting that kind of money and can't keep them off (multiple) foreclosure rolls? I could understand not wanting to sink *too* much money into a house in Lisa's name, but one would think he'd at least made sure the payments are current while he's living there.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

7 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

I could understand not wanting to sink *too* much money into a house in Lisa's name, but one would think he'd at least made sure the payments are current while he's living there.

Is it possible that mommy Ligonier has tied up that money somehow so that it cannot be spent on anything that includes Lisa, such as their housing expenses?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Is it possible that mommy Ligonier has tied up that money somehow so that it cannot be spent on anything that includes Lisa, such as their housing expenses?

Though the figures are for last year aren’t they? And afaict they only ran into real financial bother this year, so maybe the money supply has finally been cut off. 

• Upvote 5

47 minutes ago, stylites said:

Though the figures are for last year aren’t they? And afaict they only ran into real financial bother this year, so maybe the money supply has finally been cut off. 

The foreclosure stuff goes back awhile, starting shortly after Spanky and Lisa's wedding. I think they came close to losing it at least 3 times between 2016 and 2018.

Unless Spanky was cut off in the wake of the DUI (2016), and only got back on the gravy train in 2018? That might actually match up with their most recent last minute house save in early 2018, and Lisa "God has given us this house" a couple of months ago.

• I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Banyan said:

A knowledgeable Spinderella commenter gives some details about Sproul's frauds. Apparently Spanky's scamming got so bad his book keeper quit for fear they might go to prison with Spanky

The details provided by the Spinderella commenter are really eye opening.  I thought of  Spanky as indulging more in general douche-y scum baggery, but cooking the books and deliberately ripping off YOUR OWN DAMN CHURCH and the parishioners you (ostensibly) serve, is criminal and is an insight into how corrupt a human he truly is. 

So, Lisa's current ex was (is?) incarcerated and now she's hooked up with criminal husband #2. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2019 at 8:31 AM, Banyan said:

There's a new Spinderella Sproul article.

Ligonier Ministries Still Paying RC Sproul Jr Big Money

Actually he's working so very, very hard. Surely you don't think it's easy to exercise dominion over the creation, edify the saints, and mortify the flesh every damn day that dawns. And somehow, the hundred thou plus from Ligonier is not enough. Here's part of a post over on his Jesus Changes Everything site

What Do You Think You Are Doing?

Posted on December 31, 2019 by RC

I’m trying to fulfill the great commission. I’m writing a blog, six days a week. I’m trying to put the gifts God has given me to work to edify the saints. I’m growing a fledgling ministry, Dunamis Fellowship. I’m seeking to exercise dominion over the creation. I’m publishing a 25 minute podcast, Jesus Changes Everything, every weekday. I’m repenting and believing the gospel. I’m teaching Bible studies and Sunday school classes, and training others to do the same. I’m seeking to better reflect the glory of my Savior. I’m preaching the gospel, in 280 characters or less, to 40,000 of my closest Twitter friends. I’m laboring the love my Lord, my wife, my family, more faithfully every day. I’m teaching a philosophy class at a secular college. I’m daily seeking to mortify my flesh. I’m writing books, and helping others to do the same. I’m wrestling with the devil, answering his accusations with His grace. I’m stewarding my failures.

And I, knowing you have a similar list, would like your help. If you believe the list above is a fruitful one, and if you believe I can be of use to the kingdom, would you consider an end of the year gift? Better still, will you commit to a monthly gift?

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 7

So he has a paying job, a secular one, at that, but he wants to get paid for being a Christian?  I'm stunned by the amount of hubris it takes to ask to get donations for following the mandates of one's faith (the rewards for which the Bible says are not of this world), talking about your faith for 25 minutes a day and Tweeting occasionally (with a side brag about the number of followers you have).  Add to that the "fellowship" he's starting which right out of the gate is in rebellion all to of his spiritual authorities over time who have found him unfit to lead.   I can't even with the "seeking to exercise dominion over the creation," and "daily seeking to mortify my flesh."

To the question "If you believe the list above is a fruitful one," I'd say that we've all seen the fruit and it's evil.

Somehow, Bro Gary with his semi-literate entitlement is less offensive than Spanky.

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

Dude wants to get paid for loving his family. Huh?

Spoiler

I’m daily seeking to mortify my flesh..... I’m wrestling with the devil,

Euphemisms for masturbation 101.

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

Euphemisms for masturbation 101.

I wouldn't doubt he has a problem with that too (compulsive masturbation), but I'm thinking he's probably referring more to having to restrain himself from overwhelming urges getting liquored up, popping opioids, spanking the wife, blanket training the kids, and setting up more accounts on adultery web sites. I'm doubtful this approach will sell. He needs to work a little harder on making a biblical case for why sober living and keeping Junior Sproul Jr in his pants qualifies for donations.

His latest plea for money is remarkably reminiscent of how he begged for money when he was defrocked in 2006.  "Help! I just got defrocked. Please send money!"

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Banyan said:

I wouldn't doubt he has a problem with that too (compulsive masturbation), but I'm thinking he's probably referring more to ...

Yeah, just a stupid joke, never mind.

9 hours ago, forgetmenow said:

I can't even with the "seeking to exercise dominion over the creation," and "daily seeking to mortify my flesh."

"I'm searching for kitten videos instead of p*ssy videos-- now pay me, beeyotches!" 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

And I, knowing you have a similar list, would like your help.

If he thinks I have a similar list he ought to be offering to send me money!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

Let Me Tell You What I Am Doing.

I’m trying to keep my family together. I’m working hard to raise kids without a "church home".  I’m trying to help my kids find peace with God in spite of the likes of RC Sproul Jr, Doug Phillips, and a host of other "saints". I’m watching men who are clearly disqualified from ministry, who have claimed that they are not returning to ministry, do things like start Dumas Fellowship. I’m done hearing about exercising dominion over the creation. I don't have time for 25 minute podcasts because I'm struggling to hold life together after a bout of bad biblical teaching.  Jesus Changes Everything, how true... but the Jesus I see is not the Jesus you present every weekday. I’m repenting and believing the gospel but not your gospel.  I’m not teaching Bible studies or Sunday school classes because I don't feel that I'm qualified tell other how to live their lives when mine is a mess, and I don't have a drinking or accountability problem. I’m seeking to better understand the glory of my Savior outside of *your* version of "The Church".  I stay off of twitter because real relationships with real people will preach the gospel far better 280 characters or less. I’m laboring for the love my Lord, my wife, my family as well and trying to overcome the baggage that I carry every day. I’m teaching my kids how to spot and avoid bad philosophies. I’m daily seeking to understand why my church upbringing has led to the denial and destruction of my flesh rather than reasonable control. I’m reading books, and talking with others in the same boat. I’m wrestling with wolves in sheep's clothing and feeling betrayed. I’m well aware of my failures.

And I, knowing you have a list, will run from you and work against you and other like you. If you can't see that the list above can be laid at the feet of you and your ilk, and if you believe that you are working "for the kingdom", you are a charlatan.  Would you consider reading 2 Timothy?  Better still, will you commit to truly repenting and leaving "the ministry"?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 12

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic