IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

10 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

Lisa..Are you a Dominatrix? Or a submissive? I have everything you need for both positions.

I think it's self-evident that of the two options Lisa must be a dominatrix. We should therefore re-designate Spanky as Spank-ee.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

On his web page Spanky begs for "ongoing, monthly support" and makes a weak case for why being forgiven of his sins and scandals entitles him to be a minister again:

It is a deep pain to me that for the rest of my life, any time I cross paths with anyone who knew me, the first thing that will come to their mind is Ashley Madison or DUI. They may say, “Love your podcast” or more likely, “Love your dad” but my scandals, I know, come immediately to mind. It doesn’t make me angry. I get it. I’m sure if I ran across James MacDonald or Mark Driscoll my own mind wouldn’t immediately turn to ways they have been used in the kingdom. My hope, however, is that if such a meeting should ever take place, following hot on the trail of their public failures would be this thought- “Jesus saves sinners like us.”

Ron Blankenship responds that, after all his numerous scandals, how is anyone to trust Sproul again?

So how is anyone to know if you can ever be trusted in ministry again? What you write here doesn’t help your case. Any minister with a platform runs the risk of discrediting the gospel message of being “saved from sin” if he repeatedly falls prey to scandalous sins himself. Getting a ministry platform in the first place shouldn’t come easily, although for the sons of ministry celebrities it often has, and often with disastrous consequences.... It sounds a lot more like playing the victim. It doesn’t help your case for being restored to ministry. Go back to the basics. What does the bible say about the qualifications for ministry? Surely you know. There are objective standards, all specified in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. Everyone who’s professed faith in Christ is forgiven of their sins, no matter how bad. But not every forgiven person meets the biblical criteria for being a minister, let alone being restored to ministry after having lost it.

Rather than responding Sproul (as Ron Blankenship puts it) "hides behind his wife's skirts" and has Lisa respond. She does so in typical Lisa attack-mode, spewing out threats of impending hell fire on "slanderers." Sproul then praises his wife for her sagacity and encourages Ron to learn from her fine example. Sproul is a founding father of the Patriarchy movement. I can't help but find this all quite laughable.

Edited by Banyan
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Banyan said:

I’m sure if I ran across James MacDonald or Mark Driscoll my own mind wouldn’t immediately turn to ways they have been used in the kingdom.

"All the other guys do it, too!!!" 

• Upvote 9

RC JR only and ever refers to his sins of personal weakness -- Ashley Madison and driving drunk -- when he talks about his scandals. Those are handy for a variety of reasons. They are relatable -- most of us have at least been tempted in the direction of lust or booze. They also allow you draw a bright line by saying you are now faithfully married and sober. 

He never mentions being defrocked in 2006 for bullying, lying, ignoring his denomination's own doctrine, and fleecing his congregation. He never mentions that while he is whining for money, his parents' ministry (from which he resigned after his arrest) is still paying him more than a living wage for doing nothing much. (Or at least they were paying last year; maybe they've pulled the plug.) He doesn't mention that his grown children, the people who've known him best close up, are estranged from him and Lisa.

I know that evangelicals love a good redemption story, but he doesn't even tell a good one. No juicy details, no advice -- besides "Jesus" -- for learning to deal with life without booze after all those years, or for rebuilding relationships with people you've hurt.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

20 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

"All the other guys do it, too!!!" 

Isn't that a typical first grade answer? The one we try to stop our children from using as an excuse.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Spanky has never bothered to acknowledge the profound damage he left in his wake, because he doesn't give a sh*t.  No empathy, no compassion.  And he's lazy. 

At least in AA, that's one of the things you do -- make amends in an appropriate way. (I don't know about other recovery programs.) 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 8/4/2020 at 6:59 AM, Banyan said:

She does so in typical Lisa attack-mode, spewing out threats of impending hell fire on "slanderers." Sproul then praises his wife for her sagacity and encourages Ron to learn from her fine example.

At which point I was tempted to comment "Get a room!!"

More seriously, Spanky has left so much destruction in his wake on his own, but combined with the toxic Lisa they are the couple from hell. One wonders what the minor children in that home will decide to do once they turn 18. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

One wonders what the minor children in that home will decide to do once they turn 18. 

Hopefully, the older sisters are settled and able to help them out and teach them how to be independent. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

Hopefully, the older sisters are settled and able to help them out and teach them how to be independent. 

That is my hope. I know that the adult sisters were/are very close to their younger brothers.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

I guess Campbell and Hannah got divorced?

There was speculation they had, based on social media changes each one made, but looks like you've confirmed that.

Meanwhile, Lisa continues the baiting of Denise's children. Is there nothing too vile for this disgusting woman? 

341638936_WTAFLisaSproulYouBitch.thumb.jpg.9cf5a38079436ce0ff3518359cdac8f8.jpg

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 2

Ah, I missed the speculation. I used to legit enjoy reading Hannah's Twitter, she's funny and seems really sweet, but somehow I dropped off (I think she stopped posting often?) and it just occurred to me that I hadn't read it in ages. Apparently it had been even longer than I realized.

Just when I thought Lisa couldn't get more vile. It boggles my mind that Lisa is on her fourth marriage, and Spanky only on his second, with his previous spouse no longer living, and yet somehow it's Lisa who feels threatened by Spanky's past. The insecurity just fucking radiates off her posts.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

341638936_WTAFLisaSproulYouBitch.thumb.jpg.9cf5a38079436ce0ff3518359cdac8f8.jpg

Well that's just creepy. Do you suppose Denise had any say in whether he used her name for his neverending bloviation? And how classy for Lisa to make sure her voice is erased in every possible way.

• Upvote 6

Folks, I have checked in on this site without writing for the better part of a decade. I had to speak up about Lisa.  

Read this Amazon review she left about the late Mrs. Sproul’s book. I truly cannot understand what is going on with this woman. Does this happen in real life? I could pull quotes but just my gosh read it yourself. Pathological stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Tending-Your-Garden-Wisdom-Keepers/dp/1607021498#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

• WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

37 minutes ago, hereforyears said:

Folks, I have checked in on this site without writing for the better part of a decade. I had to speak up about Lisa.  

Read this Amazon review she left about the late Mrs. Sproul’s book. I truly cannot understand what is going on with this woman. Does this happen in real life? I could pull quotes but just my gosh read it yourself. Pathological stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Tending-Your-Garden-Wisdom-Keepers/dp/1607021498#aw-udpv3-customer-reviews_feature_div

Wow - you're not kidding!  That is one of the nastiest things I've ever read.  Why not just exhume the poor woman, kick her and then spit on her grave.  Nasty, nasty, nasty.  And I agree, pulling quotes is not sufficient, it needs to be read in full, but what the hell is a "commonly scenario"??

Oh, and the glamor shot of herself she included in her review is just the cherry on top.  Just... wow.

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

What the earthly frack does she mean by, “Her previous husband, Dr. R.C. Sproul Jr.“?

”Her previous husband” may refer to Lisa, who has 3 (or 4?) of them, but not to the late Denise, may she rest in peace. 

And — who’d have guessed? — the Arse-y / Denise marriage was not fabulous!  The husband beat the wife, and in full hearing of dinner guests! No, not a marriage of love, at least on one side  

I only recall Big Daddy Junebug once raising his voice at me in stern disapproval: I had pointed to a photo in the newspaper and laughed because I thought the person was funny-looking.

BDJB said, “You NEVER make fun of the dead!”

Even though I hadn’t known the individual was dead, I was mortified  

Oh, and I was 11.  

Learn from the children, Lisa, you wretched thing.  

• Upvote 10

Good grief, this is truly vile stuff.  Lisa Schmoopy, are you drunk dialing in the Amazon comments section,  throwing shade on a dead woman who can't defend herself and who is, incidentally, the deceased mother of your step children?

Ironically,  Lisa is not a skillful writer; she uses awkward, nonsensical phrasing.  I've italicized some examples below: 

Denise Sproul was NOT the true author of this book. Though she had an education degree and briefly taught, she was not a gifted communicator nor possessed writing skills.

Her previous husband, Dr. R.C. Sproul Jr., known as a gifted communicator, professional writer and heralding homeschooling advocate wrote through his late wife. He gave her a voice in the world in which they lived “so she had a better social standing.”

I had the privilege of hearing Denise speak at a couple events over the years— she was a kind personality, stoic, fumbled through her speeches, poorly communicating her material. Not at all the person seemingly expressed in the pages of this book— because it wasn’t. My expectations met my reality when told this truth.

Lisa posted this review last week.  It's dated Sept 12, 2020. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 5

So Lisa is hoping to embiggen herself by describing her husband's Godly-family-oriented ministry as a long-term fake, and she uses the comment section of an obscure, out-of-print book to do it?

How does she think any of this will work to her credit? She's (1) exposing RCJR as a phony who chased after social standing, (2) showing the world that however badly Denise may possibly have written, she writes worse, and (3) proving herself to be pathetically insecure and breathtakingly mean.

On one of her too-many social media pages Lisa runs a ministry that purports to support and encourage women who are having a rough time. But Denise -- who coped with cancer, a disabled daughter, two transracial adoptions, plus five other kids and a nasty, alcoholic husband, gets a bus driven over her grave.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, hereforyears said:

Lisa Sproul is a fucking monster. 

The vitriol and rage in that review are stunning. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

So she made this allegation, publicly, via Facebook, 5 days ago (on or about Sept. 15, 2020).  It seems she has really ramped up the hatred in the last week or so.  Notice she has more hateful things to say about the character of a woman she didn't know than the three husbands who allegedly cheated on her.

Spoiler

image.png.a0dfb561e468688d46f542665dc379df.png

Are they fostering???  (Posted on or about the 14th.)

Spoiler

image.png.9e8c6267a55439a13e812a8dd561a46e.png

Her Amazon review is now down.   Here's a screeshot for anyone who missed it.

Spoiler

image.png.f61f3c4bbbc5a87d7a570fb4cae9d686.png

Edited by forgetmenow
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 14

3 hours ago, forgetmenow said:

So she made this allegation, publicly, via Facebook, 5 days ago (on or about Sept. 15, 2020).  It seems she has really ramped up the hatred in the last week or so. 

from Lisa's facebook post: 

"ending in his wife's marital unfaithfulness and ultimately death..." 

WTAF?  She's accusing Denise of cheating on Spanky?  

The character assassination of her husband's late wife is a new low, even for Lisa, but why the sudden and compelling need to posthumously defame Denise? Is Lisa being called out (by the kids, Spanky's relatives, someone, some entity) or otherwise reminded that Denise was a stellar human being? 

Is Lisa a secret drinker/prescription drug addict/narcissist/bipolar or any combination of these?   Whatever the trigger, Lisa seems to periodically become unhinged, resulting in her being an absolute shit.  

Note: slandering the dead isn't a good look for people starting new ministries grifting for Jesus. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Howl said:

The character assassination of her husband's late wife is a new low, even for Lisa, but why the sudden and compelling need to posthumously defame Denise? Is Lisa being called out (by the kids, Spanky's relatives, someone, some entity) or otherwise reminded that Denise was a stellar human being? 

When even James McDonald calls out your asshattery...

1199253035_JamesMcDonaldcallsoutSpanky.thumb.png.0a26df0fbebf679f34d0e3f0b23072cb.png

Never thought I'd say it, but kudos to James for speaking up. 

Re: fostering. This is horrifying, if true. How could any reputable agency place minor children with these monsters?

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

If I'm understanding correctly  -- Lisa has been celebrating the run-up to her 4th anniversary by shitting on her husband's late wife on social media,  yet RC calls out James McD with a wordsmith-y rebuttal that makes a pointless point about something something and wraps up by telling James McD to fuck off.   

Lawzamercy, get out the Jiffy Pop.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

When even James McDonald calls out your asshattery...

1199253035_JamesMcDonaldcallsoutSpanky.thumb.png.0a26df0fbebf679f34d0e3f0b23072cb.png

Never thought I'd say it, but kudos to James for speaking up. 

Re: fostering. This is horrifying, if true. How could any reputable agency place minor children with these monsters?

RC's reply makes zero sense, which I guess is not surprising since the combination of words that would exonerate him and Lisa does not exist.

About fostering -- when Lisa was talking about fostering a year or so ago, there were posts from someone IDing as her daughter, saying that the extended family was rallying to to inform authorities and make sure this didn't happen. I'll board the speculation bus and guess that the Sprouls are getting push back once again, and Lisa is mad about it.

• Upvote 12

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic