IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

1347657545_LisasLatestRevisions.thumb.png.ce8864214288df9a38b3131eda2ace2d.png

So typical of Lisa. Harsh, judgmental and condemning of "ostentatious people spiritually bankrupt, religious, blind, hardened hearts darkened by the futility of their thinking. Pride-a stumbling block, hearts ignorant of gospel and God saving faith... and many of those sitting in pews and filling pulpits." IOW not doing things the Lisa way. RC Jr made a post about having a "religious spirit."

A religious spirit develops a harsh, judgmental attitude toward sinners, yet those who ingest this poison typically struggle with sinful habits that they cannot admit to anyone else.

A religious spirit persecutes those who disagree with their self-righteous views and becomes angry whenever the message of grace threatens to undermine his religiosity.

Lisa exhibits the very characteristics that RC Jr speaks of. For that matter he too exhibits the same religious spirit he speaks of. How they love to preach to others, but they consistently fail to see how much the same messages they preach apply especially to themselves. The phrase "Physician, heal thyself" seems appropriate. 

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Yeah that 'pursuing' stuff feels really creepy and the way Lisa writes about it comes off as not at all self aware.

Plus she starts out with that college queen brag, which is not a good look.

Did she ever really  leave college, in her mind?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

So it seems that they being the hands and feet of Jesus never requires them to do a thing for anybody else? Because they are  "God's elect" everybody should give them $ with which to never help anybody? Maybe support their bloviation fund.

I suspect they do not get out enough. Perhaps they should double date with Gwen and Joe. Or the Rodrigui. Even better, the Pearls: Michael could beat them with plumbing line

• Upvote 4

Those poor kids. To lose their mom and essentially, their father. I hope the older ones have a plan for springing the younger two at age 18. Will the older one be able to leave his brother behind?   

• I Agree 6

16 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Those poor kids. To lose their mom and essentially, their father. I hope the older ones have a plan for springing the younger two at age 18. Will the older one be able to leave his brother behind?   

Queen Lisa & Spanks have answered our questions:

150475192_LisaSpanksonfamilytoetherness.thumb.png.fcb06619fc8b9c691a7041198ac17bac.png

Further proof, of course, that they read here.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

150475192_LisaSpanksonfamilytoetherness.thumb.png.fcb06619fc8b9c691a7041198ac17bac.png

"A strong family builds unity, love and kindness towards one another". I think she means do as I say, not as I do.

The actions of this narcissistic woman are unbelievable. Limiting the time children can mourn for their mother? Doing her best to first erase, then when that failed, vilify her memory? Enabling an alcoholic? Pretending it was all because god, not because she perceived an opportunity to increase her status? She has no dignity and even less self-control.

I really doubt the boys are this dedicated, unless she's got them trained to understand that their job is to please the Queen at all times (thinking of Braggie here).

I've got news for her. A relationship with a serious alcoholic like Spanky has too many people in it - her, Spanky and the booze, and he will always choose the booze over her. Together, the three of them have done so much damage, and I don't see it stopping. No amount of quoting the bible will change the fact that they are poisonous and toxic and totally unwilling to change that.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

The problem I see are the 180 degree swings. 

From all lovey dovey everything is simply fabulous at home to we're under attack by everyone and Denise must be erased from memory because it's all Lisa all the time now, or whatever ever is the crisis of the moment.  Something's just not right.  Bipolar? Substance abuse? Both?

@Katzchen24 I agee 100%.  I would love to believe those boys are happy in their current environment, eating great food (not semi starved like the JRod kidz) and loving every minute of being there.  But that doesn't match up with the older kids trying to get the boys out.  If things were great, their sister would not have fled on the morning of her 18th birthday to stay with Vesta. 

And it doesn't match up with RC and Lisa blocking everyone from being in contact with them.  If the boys are truly happy and content, they shouldn't mind them seeing their older siblings, and Denise's mom and other relatives who love those boys. 

1 hour ago, Katzchen24 said:

I really doubt the boys are this dedicated, unless she's got them trained to understand that their job is to please the Queen at all times (thinking of Braggie here).

Yes, I agree. Cynical me thinks possibly the boys are saying these things to preemptively placate Lisa and RC. 

Also, I just noticed something in the RC-Lisa post above.   The boys call Lisa "Mom."  Reilly would have been 11-ish when RC and Lisa got married.  He must have had very strong memories of Denise as his actual Mom.  I don't know about families in this situation, but this just doesn't seem right. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Lisa has tried this BS before, after Erin Claire left (which, IIRC, was before she even turned 18, and just months after being formally adopted by Lisa).

Lisa made a big deal about having a close and loving blended family, and did things like zooming in on the tag of a Christmas gift she posted to Instagram, to show that Maili had given it to her, all "SEE, the GOOD daughter loves me!"

Of course, we know that Maili, like EC before her, bailed as soon as she could (and likely would have sooner, if Spanky and Lisa hadn't all but imprisoned her to prevent it). I really doubt that boys will be much different, except that Donovan is only around eleven, I think? So the poor kid has lotta time left to go.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

"A strong family builds unity, love and kindness towards one another". I think she means do as I say, not as I do.

The actions of this narcissistic woman are unbelievable. Limiting the time children can mourn for their mother? Doing her best to first erase, then when that failed, vilify her memory? Enabling an alcoholic? Pretending it was all because god, not because she perceived an opportunity to increase her status? She has no dignity and even less self-control.

I've got news for her. A relationship with a serious alcoholic like Spanky has too many people in it - her, Spanky and the booze, and he will always choose the booze over her. Together, the three of them have done so much damage, and I don't see it stopping. No amount of quoting the bible will change the fact that they are poisonous and toxic and totally unwilling to change that.

So maybe the Sproul offspring could go to camp at the Arndts to experience a family that never leaves  the mothership. God knows it'd have to be less toxic.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I really doubt that boys will be much different, except that Donovan is only around eleven, I think? So the poor kid has lotta time left to go.

To be honest, I would be shocked if Spanky and #2 were still married at that point.

• Upvote 1

"Neither child has any remembrance whatsoever of RC’s first wife because they were so young when she passed. But they have asked about their biological mother’s."

The bad grammar always gives the Empress of Sproulandia away, no? God, she's so easy to hate. 

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

39 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

"Neither child has any remembrance whatsoever of RC’s first wife because they were so young when she passed. But they have asked about their biological mother’s."

The bad grammar always gives the Empress of Sproulandia away, no? God, she's so easy to hate. 

Do they have the same bio mother or not? It's not clear and random apostrophes make me nervous. There's a cafe I go to sometimes - the sign for the male bathroom says "Gent's" and it never fails to annoy me.

Yes, she's very easy to despise. I think the thing that particularly disgusts me is that while most fundies are busy fVcking up their own children, she's worked really hard to screw up somebody else's. Those kids were already up against it because of Spanky being an alcoholic asshat with gross beliefs, but adding the Empress to the mix was just a disaster for them. I am a step-parent, and I am judging her hard.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

"love their parent's, honor their parent's..."

Their parent's what?

Pretty sure whatever it is, it's in the gent's.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

18 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

There's a cafe I go to sometimes - the sign for the male bathroom says "Gent's" and it never fails to annoy me.

Lynne Truss is your spirit animal: Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation

Interesting to read the comments on Amazon.  I loved the book, but many took issue with Ms. Truss' sense of humor. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Thank You 3

On 9/28/2020 at 2:15 AM, forgetmenow said:

To be honest, I would be shocked if Spanky and #2 were still married at that point.

I don't see how their marriage can endure. What motivation does Lisa have to stick with Spanky? Pretty obvious 1) Lisa married Spanky for the financial benefits, and 2) to expand the scope of her preacher-woman influence. That all blew up in her face with Spanky's DUI and his firing from Ligonier. Or at least the latter did. Seems he's still getting paid six figures by Ligonier (if only Ligonier donors knew what they're pissing their donations away on). Eventually one or more major Ligonier donors will threaten to cut them off for it and Spanky's bound to get kicked off the Ligonier Gravy Train. Even as enabling as Vesta Sproul is she's bound to have her limits. Regardless of that, even though she controls Lig's board of directors, she's still just one vote. When the finances dry up what's he going to do for a living? He doesn't have any marketable job skills other than writing; and who's going to buy a book with his name on the cover? There's ghostwriting, but Lisa destroyed his prospects for even doing that.

Given Lisa's history of trading up on husbands, she'll eventually recognize staying married to Spanky is a lost cause and she'll pursue someone else. But it'll all be his fault, of course. She'll turn against him, and probably with the same kind of histrionics we've seen with her turning against his children and even her own children. Keep the popcorn on standby.

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, Banyan said:

Even as enabling as Vesta Sproul is she's bound to have her limits.

How old is Vesta now -- late 70s?   RC also has a sister.  Betting she'll fight for her share of the inheritance when Vesta passes. 

• Upvote 4

The Sproul empire has always been a very lucrative business. The latest available IRS 990 (for 2017) shows that Ligonier Ministries brought in over $31 million in revenue that year. RC Sr died near the end of that calendar year but he was being paid $243,451 at the time while Vesta was being paid $85, 797. Each of them also had additional thousands in benefits paid out of the "ministry" funds. Add to this the fact that, FWIK, they were/are living in ministry-owned housing and no doubt had a number of other expenses covered by the ministry (e.g., vehicle leasing), and you can see that it's quite lucrative -- for the Sprouls.

It astounds me that donors have apparently never figured out that they're primarily financing the Sproul family, with Jesus being a very, very distant second. 

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Howl said:

How old is Vesta now -- late 70s?  

In February of 1958, R.C.’s girlfriend, Vesta—whom he met in first grade and had dated on and off since junior high—visited from her college in Ohio.  https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/evangelical-history/80-years-ago-today-r-c-sproul-born/

RC Sproul was born in 1939. Presumably Vesta is the same age, or within a year or two, making her around 80. She appears to be in reasonably good health.

5 hours ago, Howl said:

RC also has a sister.  Betting she'll fight for her share of the inheritance when Vesta passes. 

RC and Vesta Sproul's other child is Sherrie Sproul Dorotiak. Like most of the other Sprouls, their spouses, and children, she's been pulling down an extremely hefty salary at Ligonier for many years. More than likely Sherrie will assume a more prominent role at Ligonier when mom passes. Apparently there's no love lost between her and Spanky. So, yes, there could be a very ugly probate case in the future, though not necessarily initiated by Sherrie. Should Spanky feel he hasn't gotten his fair share things could turn very nasty.

• Thank You 5

12 hours ago, Banyan said:

So, yes, there could be a very ugly probate case in the future, though not necessarily initiated by Sherrie. Should Spanky feel he hasn't gotten his fair share things could turn very nasty.

However, I bet the will is locked down tight and as long as Spanky doesn't have another public "episode" he may get a fair chunk of change when Vesta crosses the rainbow bridge.  

I'd also be curious to know if the Spanky daughter that went to live with Vesta is enrolled at Spanky U, or as one of you brilliantly noted, School O'Sproul.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

On 9/29/2020 at 6:07 PM, Banyan said:

Given Lisa's history of trading up on husbands, she'll eventually recognize staying married to Spanky is a lost cause and she'll pursue someone else. 

May be later rather than sooner, assuming as above that Jr is going to come into money. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stylites said:

May be later rather than sooner, assuming as above that Jr is going to come into money. 

Given Vesta's good health that could be another ten or so years. In the interim Spanky could be faced with being cut off from his independent contractor Ligonier boondoggle.

I just had a thought! 

Both Maili and Erin Claire are females; I'd be curious to know if patriarchy was still playing out when they were both at  Chez Sproul House of Horrors (it's almost Haloween!) 

Were they at the bottom of the pecking order with RC at the top, Lisa next, the two boys and then  helpmeets Maili and Erin Claire doing a lot of the household chores and cooking?  It's a big house.  Lisa and the Spanks don't mention patriarchy and wifely submission at all, but did Lisa relegate them to secondary status? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Were they at the bottom of the pecking order with RC at the top, Lisa next, the two boys and then  helpmeets Maili and Erin Claire doing a lot of the household chores and cooking?  It's a big house.  Lisa and the Spanks don't mention patriarchy and wifely submission at all, but did Lisa relegate them to secondary status? 

Rhetorical question: Do Queens clean their own houses?

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic