IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

Had to relay this New York Times headline:

Tennessee is “ground zero” in the nation’s virus surge, the governor said, warning residents against gathering for the holidays. Here’s the latest.

I’m sure the Bateseses are taking appropriate precautions and only spending Christmas with their own households ?

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 11

The Bates have had it.  I think its moved through quite a lot of them at this point.  They are part of the spread. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 12/22/2020 at 6:24 PM, Johannah said:

Had to relay this New York Times headline:

Tennessee is “ground zero” in the nation’s virus surge, the governor said, warning residents against gathering for the holidays. Here’s the latest.

I’m sure the Bateseses are taking appropriate precautions and only spending Christmas with their own households ?

No, they are attending a huge dinner show maskless in pigeon Forge. This is exactly why Tennessee is ground zero. Because of all the people exactly like the Bateses. They are super spreaders and so are all their associates. 

50E86144-FD47-484D-A36B-E9C45AFC53BB.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Angry 1
  • WTF 11

Tennessee, like Texas where I am, has a Governor who refuses to close things. Florida too.  And in our case in Austin, Texas, he's made it impossible for local officials to do anything either. My cousin lives in Knoxville and they're horrified by how little anyone seems to care. (My cousin cares, she's staying home) 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 1

27 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Tennessee, like Texas where I am, has a Governor who refuses to close things. Florida too.  And in our case in Austin, Texas, he's made it impossible for local officials to do anything either. My cousin lives in Knoxville and they're horrified by how little anyone seems to care. (My cousin cares, she's staying home) 

I have realized that if there is a big concert or mass indoor social gathering, people will go even in a pandemic. That’s why I support officials in charge shutting these things down. Because you can’t expect everyone to do the right thing. People like us are keeping the pandemic deaths down. If nothing had been shut down this whole time, I’m sure a million people would be dead. But the entitled people who do what they please are the ones pushing the deaths up and up. I wonder if they understand their behavior has caused the deaths of people they don’t even know. I don’t believe in god. But if I did, I would let people like the Bateses know that an omnipotent god would know exactly how many people were killed by covid due to their negligence. And I would hope he/she would let them know at the so called pearly gates.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

On 11/28/2020 at 1:00 AM, marmalade said:

People have caught it a second time. Some people apparently are not immune after their first bout with it.

In addition to catching it again, there are questions over how long acquired immunity actually lasts.  

I haven't kept up that closely with the Bateseseses of late, but it sounds like Erin was pretty sick, so one would think she would not want a repeat of that.   Going to that dinner theatre was beyond idiotic for her or for any of them for that matter.  Good grief.  

It pisses me off to see people go about as if there's no pandemic while the rest of us take it seriously, do our part to control the spread including giving up many activities that we all enjoy.  And they go to the frigging dinner theatre.  

I wouldn't be surprised when the vaccine rolls around they refuse to take it because Jebus.

• Upvote 16

Lawson posts plenty of anti-vaxx stuff on his Twitter. That's okay. The more vaccines for people who really need them.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 12/25/2020 at 6:50 AM, marmalade said:

Lawson posts plenty of anti-vaxx stuff on his Twitter. That's okay. The more vaccines for people who really need them.

Vaccines don't work if only a few use it. Only when the whole population takes the shots, illness are stopped or even dissapear. A shot can protect you, but vaccines success is not 100% (you can take a shot but be infected anyway) and some people cannot be vaccinated (allergies etc), but if the society in general is vaccinated, it's like a "wall" that protects those who cannot be vaccinated or those whose vaccines didn't work.

Antivaxxers are not fools who put them.in risk. They put everybody else in risk.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Vaccines don't work if only a few use it. Only when the whole population takes the shots, illness are stopped or even dissapear. A shot can protect you, but vaccines success is not 100% (you can take a shot but be infected anyway) and some people cannot be vaccinated (allergies etc), but if the society in general is vaccinated, it's like a "wall" that protects those who cannot be vaccinated or those whose vaccines didn't work.
Antivaxxers are not fools who put them.in risk. They put everybody else in risk.

So so true. But unfortunately a lot of people feel at unease with the new mRNA vaccines. It’s not just the antivaxxers. If we can convince the “normal” people that it’s safe I hope we reach herd immunity. For now I comfort myself with the fact that I will get the vaccine earlier if so many choose to wait to get vaccinated.
  • Upvote 12

I am pretty fortunate. I am a health care worker (Cook, not nurse or doctor) and I received my first vaccine dose last Tuesday. I had no side effects at all fortunately. Looking forward to the 2nd dose after January 12. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 14

I feel very fortunate as well. I am a nurse and I opted to get the vaccine. My hospital was only one of 10 in my state to receive the first round of Pfizer so we got pretty lucky. It was kind of a hard choice for me because I am 30 weeks pregnant but after a lot of discussions with different doctors and doing some research I decided that it was best for me and the baby. I am much more afraid of being nine months pregnant with Covid than I am of the vaccine. About half of my unit has had Covid and we routinely receive Covid patients as well so I feel like I am a sitting duck when I go to work. I did feel lethargic and nauseous the day after and had minor chills but I only share that because I hope to help alleviate the fears that people have of getting the vaccine. By the second day I woke up and felt completely normal. I had the same reaction when I got my flu vaccine during this pregnancy and my OB doctor has shared with me that a couple other of her nurse patients who are pregnant have all experienced the same thing. But now we are all fine. I felt that it was a good sign that my body was processing the vaccine like it needed to and I’m looking forward to my second dose on the 8th. 

Edited by mstee
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 13

I always have a slight reaction to the Flu shot...I feel feverish and crappy for a day or 2. Then I'm fine. I can't wait to get the COVID shot. 

• Upvote 12

Question: here in Europe we will have at least 3 vaccines available around January/February (Pfizer, modern, and oxford/AstraZeneca) is still unclear if you could choose which vaccine be inject or if you will be call and told "this is your vaccine be happy, by". Will you in the Us have only the Pfizer one or also the Moderna one? Do you know anything? 

Thanks to who will answer me. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Question: here in Europe we will have at least 3 vaccines available around January/February (Pfizer, modern, and oxford/AstraZeneca) is still unclear if you could choose which vaccine be inject or if you will be call and told "this is your vaccine be happy, by". Will you in the Us have only the Pfizer one or also the Moderna one? Do you know anything? 

Thanks to who will answer me. 

So far only Pfizer and moderna have been approved. There are a few more companies working on some as well. Most will end up with Pfizer. Moderna will be used in places where they don’t have access to an extra cold freezer. That will mostly be small towns and rural areas. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

So far only Pfizer and moderna have been approved. There are a few more companies working on some as well. Most will end up with Pfizer. Moderna will be used in places where they don’t have access to an extra cold freezer. That will mostly be small towns and rural areas. 

A friend of mine just received the Moderna vaccine here in CT. I think we get whichever is available in our area. Not sure if he got a choice. My sister is getting hers next week. We’ll see which one she gets.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

A friend of mine just received the Moderna vaccine here in CT. I think we get whichever is available in our area. Not sure if he got a choice. My sister is getting hers next week. We’ll see which one she gets.

Same. I know someone who just got the moderna vaccine in Boston. I think you get what’s first available where you are 

• Upvote 5

My husband (works in a hospital) got his shot today. He forgot to ask which it was, but given the location, I'm betting it was Pfizer.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 12/24/2020 at 8:23 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

No, they are attending a huge dinner show maskless in pigeon Forge. This is exactly why Tennessee is ground zero. Because of all the people exactly like the Bateses. They are super spreaders and so are all their associates. 

50E86144-FD47-484D-A36B-E9C45AFC53BB.jpeg

While I'm annoyed with them, why the hell is the governor and local officials allowing places like this to remain open if they're "ground zero"? And with few limitations. Theres a point when personal responsibility fails and the government needs to make the choice for them, it's the issue all across the country.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, freethemall said:

While I'm annoyed with them, why the hell is the governor and local officials allowing places like this to remain open if they're "ground zero"? And with few limitations. Theres a point when personal responsibility fails and the government needs to make the choice for them, it's the issue all across the country.

I agree. The governor is in the wrong and the Bateses are taking advantage of it. They all suck in my opinion. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Tennessee, Texas, Florida...its a real show of bad leadership. I'm in Texas. We're just hiding in the house. Our mayor in Austin announced bars/restaurants had to shut from 10:30 PM to 6 AM and the governor is now fighting him on that. People don't care. Its awful. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Tennessee, Texas, Florida...its a real show of bad leadership. I'm in Texas. We're just hiding in the house. Our mayor in Austin announced bars/restaurants had to shut from 10:30 PM to 6 AM and the governor is now fighting him on that. People don't care. Its awful. 

My governor is doing fairly well compared to a lot of others. We have a curfew from 10-5am. It started in November and will last into January. We’ve had a mask mandate for a long while now but there are lots of rural places that don’t enforce it. All the big cities do though. Big concerts are definitely not allowed like we saw in Tennessee. However he will never try to shut down any churches. Even if they are being idiots. 

• Upvote 3

In Florida, everything is open. Including buffet restaurants. Some restaurants are doing every other table but they aren't required to. It's wild.

• Upvote 3

Meanwhile in Germany we went into partial lockdown on November 2nd and full lockdown two weeks ago. It’s so astounding to see all these Americans acting like nothing is wrong. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic