IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

Warden posted a video of spike ball in his stories. Looks like 3 boys and 1 girl. He tagged the Andregg family and I'm really not familiar with them, but the Andregg parents (I assume) are sitting in lawn chairs watching. Here comes the scandalous part:

The mother has pants on and the daughter has on shorts!

@rebeccawriter01you seem to be on the right track. This is way more lax for Gill and Kelly -- remember Chaney scrubbing her Instagram of immodest pics? We'll have to see how much freedom Warden will end up with. 

Picture2.jpg

Edited by Mom to Nell
Spelling!
  • Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Mom to Nell said:

We'll have to see how much freedom Warden will end up with

Like all their married siblings. Changing a couple ridiculous rules about clothes and movies, and keeping on the same beliefs than Kelly and Gil.

Even when Duggars and Bates' children were little, among the gothardite families there were pants wearing women and even those who wore normal bathsuits. 

Anyway, I find difficult to dress less modest than Alyssa in some night dates with John.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

On 10/21/2020 at 7:25 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Anyway, I find difficult to dress less modest than Alyssa in some night dates with John.

It's so strange how narrow their view of modesty is.  I show way more skin than any fundie ladies, but I'd never dream of posting a pic of my husband and me holding each other on our bed.  Or marketing myself to the public as one of the most virtuous/godly people on earth. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I think this is a better picture of Warden and his possible GF. It's from a public Instagram account of one of their gazillion family camp friends.

121692899_390203055351356_3657808866868368906_n.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

I have a question about Bates Sisters Boutique. Does anyone know what kind of work Whitney, Erin, and Carlin do for their business? I’m entirely unfamiliar with running an online fashion boutique. Someone has to design the clothes, right? That can’t possible be them, can it?

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, habert said:

I have a question about Bates Sisters Boutique. Does anyone know what kind of work Whitney, Erin, and Carlin do for their business? I’m entirely unfamiliar with running an online fashion boutique. Someone has to design the clothes, right? That can’t possible be them, can it?

Short answer: no, they don't do any designing or really much of anything. From what they've shown of it and from how frequently I've seen their exact "designs" elsewhere, they scour the inventory of Chinese wholesalers, such as AliExpress, for "modest" dresses. They bulk order them for very cheap, play dress up in them for photoshoots, list them online at a huge markup/profit margin, and ship out the orders as they come in. 

Hopefully they have someone competent working with the finances. Unsure who is in charge of the website. They could be running the website through a host and there are so many easy template options they could do themselves, but that could be outsourced. Or, hey, maybe they added IT courses to the Bates Family Homeschool and the website is a group project. 

Side note: I am actually shocked that they keep inventory on hand and didn't just do a drop shipping set-up that would remove them as "middle men" and not take up so much space in Whitney's home for storage. 

Edited by Casserole
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 4

Didnt they say that Bobby was the one doing the finances? They must have some outside help for the website though, since they dont have any family member that can pull that off. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2020 at 10:14 AM, Casserole said:

Side note: I am actually shocked that they keep inventory on hand and didn't just do a drop shipping set-up that would remove them as "middle men" and not take up so much space in Whitney's home for storage. 

If I remember correctly from one episode they actually have a barn/warehouse/office space (I think at Zach & Whitney's property?) where they keep all the inventory and fulfill orders...so I don't think it's actually inside anyone's house.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, LillyP said:

If I remember correctly from one episode they actually have a barn/warehouse/office space (I think at Zach & Whitney's property?) where they keep all the inventory and fulfill orders...so I don't think it's actually inside anyone's house.

Gotcha. I don't watch their show, but I did see a clip of the "boutique" on an episode preview (damn you UP TV for playing non-stop Gilmore Girls reruns) and it looked like a spare room in Whitney's house. 

• Upvote 2

They did keep the inventory in Whitney’s house until they built the barn/warehouse/office space.  I think it was in that room to the left of the kitchen.

• Upvote 3

Drop shipping may not always be an option. I work in sales and specifically deal with working with small businesses, like the Boutique. Oftentimes, vendors don’t have drop shipping available because of resale issues or because it becomes too much of a hassle for them.  

• Upvote 4

On 10/24/2020 at 10:47 AM, habert said:

Oh wow this didn’t actually take me very long @Casserole . You are so right 

Hide contents

FFE7EEE5-F99E-471F-8286-B63D94A6ACCE.thumb.png.e7399bba366772b38489d10dbb119f32.png

Hide contents

F071CF82-33B1-45A5-8D09-A773DF1CE52A.thumb.png.49d644fb1ff8bd1cf9b1657f1192878d.png

How much is the markup on that hideous top? Do they even realize these are produced in China? So much for ‘Murica first 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Johannah said:

How much is the markup on that hideous top? Do they even realize these are produced in China? So much for ‘Murica first 

I went and  checked, I couldn't find this exact shirt but their shirts average around $25

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

I've realised that aside from Alyssa none of the Bates are known to be pregnant. Conceivably (like what I did there?) All of the other ladies could be pregnant.  Erin and Whitney have almost 1 yr olds. Carlin's daughter is 9 months.  Kolten (is that his name?) Is 5 or 6 months old I believe. Josie had a miscarriage approximately 3 months ago so it would be soon but possible. I won't speculate on Michaela. 

• Upvote 7

Kondor is 7 months old.

I absolutely thought those beach photos from Chad and Erin would lead to yet another pregnancy announcement. I suspect Tori, Carlin and possibly Josie will announce by Christmas or Valentines day the very latest. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Kondor is 7 months old.

I absolutely thought those beach photos from Chad and Erin would lead to yet another pregnancy announcement. I suspect Tori, Carlin and possibly Josie will announce by Christmas or Valentines day the very latest. 

Ba ha ha ha kondor. I vote that for the next baby k name. Also those beach photos are old photos re used. 

• Upvote 10

20 hours ago, Johannah said:

This really chaps my hide. I'm so tired of fundy rightwingers like the Bates lecturing folks about traditional American values and how we are supposed to revere small towns and small businesses and then all they do is funnel money to Chinese sweatshops.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

12 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Ba ha ha ha kondor. I vote that for the next baby k name. Also those beach photos are old photos re used. 

When they first announced the pregnancy I misread the name as Kondor and was like "wow, they are really getting out of control with these stupid and weirdly spelled names." 

It took me a while to realise that wasn't actually his name, so he will always be Kondor to me. I don't think it's any worse than Kolter. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

On 10/24/2020 at 4:13 PM, Sheltie said:

I thought I saw Chad working on the website on one of the episodes.  

At one point yes he did on the show. However, on the website it had a link to Johnson Creative, which is the local group that did websites for Chad & Erin, Erin's CDs, Lawson, the Bates family, etc. They seemed to just be a couple of Guys in Anderson County. You would see them do special projects like Lawson's music video. 

The company used to highlight the family's pages, etc. on its own website. However, that has changed and now it says that their work has been featured a few places, including UP. Lawson's site now says he's managed by Johnson Management, which appears to have about three clients  and is going through its own branding process.  

Chad has many talents, including photography and some design knowledge, but I think an ecommerce site would be a struggle even for him. He could probably update one or maintain it, but I'm not thinking he's that gifted to do it all alone. 

• Upvote 3

Seems Kelly has had a Fundoplication surgery.  

I googled this. 

Fundoplication is a surgical procedure that helps treat some gastroesophageal conditions. During a fundoplication for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), for example, a surgeon will attach part of the stomach to the lower esophageal sphincter, which helps reduce acid reflux.

And this sticks with what she said in an earlier episode about how she's been doing.  Anyone familiar with how her recovery will be going forward? Can she eat normal food? she's blended up restaurant food in one of her IG stories. 

Also, I think its funny she says Gil is waiting on her hand and foot when we all know its Michaella. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic