IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

21 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Now Trace's ex-girlfriend Chaney is spreading hate about Breonna Taylor. I don't know why these young fundie women want to spread lies and conspiracies about a murdered woman, but it's really sick.  May God remove the hate and ignorance from their hearts. It's really telling how white their brand of Christianity is. 

(It's in her Instagram stories as well.)

I find right wingers who do this so fascinating because they are also almost always the "positive vibes only/love the sinner" type people and yet they'll be fully VITRIOLIC five seconds later and they never get the utter hypocrisy. I think it really demonstrates that they don't view these people as people, on some level. But point this out to them and they short circuit.

• Upvote 15
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I find right wingers who do this so fascinating because they are also almost always the "positive vibes only/love the sinner" type people and yet they'll be fully VITRIOLIC five seconds later and they never get the utter hypocrisy. I think it really demonstrates that they don't view these people as people, on some level. But point this out to them and they short circuit.

Yes! I have a workmate who is far-right and she tries to hide her views and appear moderate, but when she is truly her, you can see her cruelty. For example, when a leftish politician was pregnant, she was hoping for things to go bad with the pregnancy. It's because they don't see a person there, just something to hate!

I try to avoid this person since that day. Cannot stand her. Not only because her views, but also because that person is dangerous for me as well, because my ideology. 

• Upvote 12

12 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I have noticed this too. Especially in the era of Trump. People who before Trump wouldn't have openly been cruel are now saying some of the most vile things and they act very confused if anyone points out that what they are saying doesn't line up with the teachings of Christ. 

• Upvote 20

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I have noticed this too. Especially in the era of Trump. People who before Trump wouldn't have openly been cruel are now saying some of the most vile things and they act very confused if anyone points out that what they are saying doesn't line up with the teachings of Christ. 

Social networks have really helped in spreading the hate and it caused that people is getting more vocal in real life, too. Keeping hate beliefs secret may sound ridiculous, but at least does not poison others. There are a lot of blank people ready to hate or love, depending the message they receive. As social networks and media mostly shows hate, that's what it is bought. 

Of course the majority think for themselves (I hope I do!), but those convinced by hate are not a little group. Live or online hate communities may be a very comfortable place! I'm not for censorship, but for an ethical regulation of media, but I'm afraid the war is lost.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Social networks have really helped in spreading the hate and it caused that people is getting more vocal in real life, too. Keeping hate beliefs secret may sound ridiculous, but at least does not poison others. There are a lot of blank people ready to hate or love, depending the message they receive. As social networks and media mostly shows hate, that's what it is bought. 

I think this is a great point, I was just talking the other day about how some arguments I refuse to entertain for the simple fact that I don't believe civilized society is required to entertain every bit of drivel that comes out of a racist's mouth. I can't force them to stop thinking it but I can try to make it socially difficult or taboo to express/spread.

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 1

I finally watched the season finale.  At the end they show Carlin and Evan calling her parents to say that they have covid as does one of Evan's family. They tell them that they should all get tested. Then something posts on the screen. I couldn't read it since my DVR cut off but I'm pretty sure it said some of the Bates' tested positive.  Did they talk about this anywhere else? I don't remember hearing of it.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

@JMO Nope! Not at all! Multiple members of the family tested positive is what the ending scene said and that they are praying for everyone during the pandemic. We can probably assume who had it but none of them have come out saying they had it besides Carlin and Evan.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

That's just shady. It's one thing if we could trust them that maybe some don't want to be forthcoming but why not say who tested positive?  I'm betting that they didn't alert some of their contacts.  And/or some didn't get tested who should have and they don't want that to come to light.  Will see if it ever comes up in the future and they let something slip.

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

So Hilary Spivey posted some pictures from the Alert camp that has been going on. I noticed that in this picture Warden and I believe an Andregg girl look quite close. Maybe it’s just the pose for the pic but for fundies it is close imo. I also vaguely remember that his brothers were teasing him about girls/a girl (?) at one of the live videos. 

Spoiler

A77DE70C-1E5C-46B7-A203-E8754A57C0AE.thumb.jpeg.bc70884001e6d2026c401c771881a835.jpeg

3B37208A-AF44-41EC-8AD5-50DBE343F866.thumb.jpeg.cb0901c5bbe180dc5de706d40b941282.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

30 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

So Hilary Spivey posted some pictures from the Alert camp that has been going on. I noticed that in this picture Warden and I believe an Andregg girl look quite close. Maybe it’s just the pose for the pic but for fundies it is close imo. I also vaguely remember that his brothers were teasing him about girls/a girl (?) at one of the live videos.

How old are the Andregg girls? I know they're not on FundieWiki anymore. I hope none of the Bates/Duggars goes for one of them because their social media is locked up tighter than a fundie chastity belt.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

How old are the Andregg girls? I know they're not on FundieWiki anymore. I hope none of the Bates/Duggars goes for one of them because their social media is locked up tighter than a fundie chastity belt.

I can only remember from fundie wiki that Lauren was born in 2002. She got married this year. There’s an older sister who’s blonde (her name is Ashlynn) and I guess the sister in the pic with Warden goes after Lauren. So she must be maybe 16-17.

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6

I have just posted this in the Justin tread since it's his girlfriend mom who posted it, I wasn't sure if it was Warden. I agree that the pose is really suspicion for a young fundie maiden especially at the family camp where everybody seems to found/search for a potential spouse

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 7

So I don't know if this is correct at all, but according to this post: https://pickledchickenetti.tumblr.com/post/184439213113/im-doing-some-digging-on-the-andregg-sisters-that

The Andregg children are: Ashlynn 20, Lauren 18, Brianna 16, Kiersten 15, Gabrielle 13, and Jeremiah 6, and apparently they lost a son, Josiah in 2008. So if it's an Andregg girl, it would probably be Brianna Andregg?

The Andreggs participated in a Valentines Day couples race this year, in which Ashlynn ran with Jed Duggar, Brianna ran with David Swanson, Kiersten ran with Ethan Crane and Gabrielle ran with Sam Millsap. Sorry, I didn't check if there is a separate Andregg thread. 

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 15

Considering how succesful Bates boys are in courtships, I wouldn't be worried about Warden marrying young! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

I just took a really close look at the Andregg's profile picture on IG and I don't think any of them are the girl with Warden. She does look familiar though, like she's popped up in pictures before and I never noticed her.

• Upvote 1

It would be really amusing if Warden managed to get married before his three older brothers. Although I'm not a fan of teenagers getting married.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

12 hours ago, Marionette said:

Yes, that is Brianna Andregg. She turns 18 at the end of October. 

At least there is not an age diference. He doesnt turn 18 until may so i wonder if they will wait until they are both adults to announce a courtship, specially since they have been very vocal about being against teen relationships in the past.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Looking at a couple of their past relationship I tho k they are ok with pre courting younger than 18 this way when the girl especially reaches 18 the two are already "used" to think that are a couple or so and don't see a reason to split or to search for anything different, and even if they wait a couple of years between courting getting engaged and then marrying Is not a big problem at that point (Alyssa, Josie, maybe Carlin, likely Katie all seems to have followeth this path). It could be different for the boys but only in the way of having more time to follow the scheme. Maybe Gil and Kelly Jo are starting to feel annoyed to still have all those boys at home doing basically nothing? The only one out of the house for good is Zach at the moment, even if Trace isn't all the time at home I bet he still brings there his laundry and eats there a lot...so you know they may want to push those kids out of the home now and only have to deal with the youngers  

• Upvote 5

On 10/17/2020 at 2:34 AM, SorenaJ said:

Maybe pre-courting is okay before 18? 

Maybe it's okay since they're so close in age. 

• Upvote 1

If it is an Andregg daughter with Warden good luck getting any information about it. Like I said before, they have their social media locked tighter than a fundie chastity belt...?

• Upvote 3

On 10/17/2020 at 12:26 PM, Italiangirl said:

Looking at a couple of their past relationship I tho k they are ok with pre courting younger than 18 this way when the girl especially reaches 18 the two are already "used" to think that are a couple or so and don't see a reason to split or to search for anything different, and even if they wait a couple of years between courting getting engaged and then marrying Is not a big problem at that point (Alyssa, Josie, maybe Carlin, likely Katie all seems to have followeth this path). It could be different for the boys but only in the way of having more time to follow the scheme. Maybe Gil and Kelly Jo are starting to feel annoyed to still have all those boys at home doing basically nothing? The only one out of the house for good is Zach at the moment, even if Trace isn't all the time at home I bet he still brings there his laundry and eats there a lot...so you know they may want to push those kids out of the home now and only have to deal with the youngers  

I have a feeling that the rules for the boys are going to be a lot more lax just to get rid of them. I also have a feeling they will be doing even more of a lockdown on social media with those younger boys. They are not going to want more failed courtships. It's going to start hurting the stock of the boys that only one of the nine boys is carrying on the Bates name. 

This happened in my dad's family. There were 14 children. Only three of the boys survived to adulthood and only one of them married and had a child (my dad). I'm the only grandchild with the family name. I have two daughters through adoption, but if tradition serves they will get married and pass on another family name. So it may very well be that the name dies with me. 

We know that Kelly Jo doesn't really do much work if any around the house. So if the girls get married and leave, will she be happy washing clothes and cooking for her sons who are grown and still dependent?

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic