IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

how is it possible to go to Poland? Is poland not a risk zone for germany too? I know they are really strict at the german austrian border, giving huge fines to people who went to germany for shopping at Rossmann or similar, and vice verca..

They have checkpoints set up, it's really bizarre.. i remember when I was 4 or 5, and there were the checkpoints at the border, and then they disappeared.. and now, the put containers there, and it feels weird. people from my village and the local car registration get checked a little less, sometimes, due to the motorway exit being on the german side, but even there, you can never be sure of it.

It's really not worth it for shampoo thats a little bit cheaper, tbh.. or for fireworks that could very much kill you, fwiw

• Upvote 4

I miss setting off fireworks on the 4th of July. It was always so much fun. Growing up everyone on my street would set off their fireworks in the street so we all could watch. Jus a long line of fireworks. It was so much fun. Their illegal in my city and banned through the state although the ban is more due to everything being so dry every time July comes around. I'd love to just once set them off for my nephew so he could see just once what his dad and aunt use to have every year. He would love it so much. 

• Bless Your Heart 1

3 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I miss setting off fireworks on the 4th of July. It was always so much fun. Growing up everyone on my street would set off their fireworks in the street so we all could watch. Jus a long line of fireworks. It was so much fun. Their illegal in my city and banned through the state although the ban is more due to everything being so dry every time July comes around. I'd love to just once set them off for my nephew so he could see just once what his dad and aunt use to have every year. He would love it so much. 

Not me. I absolutely hate fireworks and dread holidays where these rednecks around me drink and play with fire. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

People where I live go crazy with fireworks, which is new to me because I moved here from Arizona where they're usually banned because of the fire risk (but you can still buy them on reservations/Mexico, of course.) My dog is so afraid of them and the 4th of July/New Year's Eve are miserable for her. I hate seeing her being terrified like that twice a year. We were supposed to spend last 4th in Canada specifically to avoid firework noises, but then the border closed.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

@indianabones have you talked to your vet about anxiety meds for your dog? Those are the two most common holidays I prescribe for. I don't think people should have to give up their fun for my dog (the one good thing about her being old and deaf is they don't bother her anymore) but I also don't think she should have to suffer. I hear they are working on silent or very quiet fireworks which would be amazing for people with PTSD and animals alike.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kelly posted on Instagram that her stepdad died of covid and her mom had it but is now over it. She said they only went to drs appointments so she doesn’t know how they got it. I don’t believe that. Sorry but I wouldn’t be surprised if an extended family member visited and gave it to them. We know the Bateses already had it over the summer but who knows if one of them had it again or had it recently. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 13
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6

Awww, that poor man.  They seemed so happy together during their wedding episode. 

• Upvote 13

Regardless of whether the grandparents were isolated or socializing, the Bateses have seen this man die, their grandmother hospitalized and grief-stricken from the loss of her husband, and they are STILL out doing whatever the hell they please, and Lawson and Trace were at a rally/insurrection in support of a “leader” who refuses to wear a mask and has done nothing while thousands of people die of covid. It is mind-blowing. Pro-life my ass. These people are either idiots who don’t understand how this works or completely thoughtless and selfish. 

• Upvote 35
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They better not give Covid to Mama Jane. She’s the only Bates I kind of like. 

She hit her grandchildren with a shoe! (Gil said it and found it funny).

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kelly posted on Instagram that her stepdad died of covid and her mom had it but is now over it. She said they only went to drs appointments so she doesn’t know how they got it. I don’t believe that. Sorry but I wouldn’t be surprised if an extended family member visited and gave it to them. We know the Bateses already had it over the summer but who knows if one of them had it again or had it recently. 

I mean, you can still get it just going to a drs appointment. When we were in lockdown, and for a while after, my drs appointments were over the phone, and we lined up for our prescriptions in the pharmacy parking lot. Are Drs in the US doing things like that? Even if you have to go in, which might well have been the case, it's not risk free just because it's necessary. The Bates are idiotic little shits for how they're acting, and I definitely don't trust them not to lie about putting people at risk, but in person Drs appointments sounds like a plausible way to get Covid to me.

• Upvote 7

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They better not give Covid to Mama Jane. She’s the only Bates I kind of like. 

Isn't Mama Jane a retired nurse?  Hopefully she and Papa Bill are taking all necessary precautions.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Johannah said:

These people are either idiots who don’t understand how this works or completely thoughtless and selfish. 

It's not an either/or - these people are indeed dumb as dirt, thoughtless, AND selfish. And I'll add hypocritical towards their pro life beliefs.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKHpuYSH56c/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

So it's not letting me embed the post (still shadowbanned?) but here it is.  I really rubs me the wrong way.  Kelly doesn't seem sad that her mom's husband died at all, not even sad for her mom. There is no tribute to him. The focus is on how Grandma is staying with their family and how cute Callie is. The death is buried in the middle of the paragraph. Nothing about how this is a serious disease and we should all be careful. No indication that she might consider her own family's reckless behavior harmful. Ugh. 

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 2

9 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKHpuYSH56c/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

So it's not letting me embed the post (still shadowbanned?) but here it is.  I really rubs me the wrong way.  Kelly doesn't seem sad that her mom's husband died at all, not even sad for her mom. There is no tribute to him. The focus is on how Grandma is staying with their family and how cute Callie is. The death is buried in the middle of the paragraph. Nothing about how this is a serious disease and we should all be careful. No indication that she might consider her own family's reckless behavior harmful. Ugh. 

I feel bad for her mom. She only got 4 years of marriage before he died. My grandma is 87 and she’s had almost a decade with her boyfriend. 

• Upvote 7

Here are screenshots of the text of the post, in case Kelly winds up changing it. None of the three photos accompanying it include Tom, either. We don’t know what the relationship was like behind the scenes, but it definitely is an odd way to share such news. 

E42F2C88-9663-439B-BA32-F551278FAC5A.jpeg

8C20E857-D992-4193-A971-E5EBB540BC7D.png

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 9

I think Kelly will do anything to keep the lie alive that covid is “just like a bad cold” and doesn’t really kill many people. So having her stepdad die from it is probably a huge inconvenience for her narrative. I listen to my co workers talk about the “inflated numbers” all damn day so I’m unfortunately well aware of what these people believe. Even if she wasn’t close to him, I believe that she would have paid a tribute to him on IG if he had died from anything but covid. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Not even a close family member's death can make her accept that her own narrative about covid is wrong and fucked up. 

Pride is a sin, Kelly. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 8

I feel very sorry for Kelly Jo's mother. Her health seems to be really fragile and now she also lost her husband.

Imagine being in a situation like this and then comes your lazy, smug and self-righteous son-in-law Gil and gives you a bible study while his sons are taking part in insurrection and the rest of his brood walks around like the pandemic is just a hoax.. Sorry, but that picture just made me mad.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 2

How much she already misses her husband? Dude, I miss my husband by the end of the day because I'm already bursting with things to tell him about my day. Knowing I'd never talk to him again would be instantly devastating. What the fuck, Kelly? Would you not miss Gil for a few weeks or something?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I find Kelly Jo's post about the loss of her mom's husband especially off-putting because Kelly Jo is a public figure and this is a public account. This isn't just some Facebook friend of yours coming across as insensitive. She presumably has access to a publicist of some sort and should probably have developed some social media skills after running these kinds of social media accounts for years. Posting that photo of Callie with her mom feels so insensitive to me. Why not post a picture of her mom and Tom in happy times? From their wedding or some other family event? That would be a nicer tribute (imo) than being so focused on Kelly/Gil/kids' role in her mom's recovery. It would actually be very relatable if she posted about the difficulty of losing a loved one to Covid. It certainly makes them look like Covid-minimizers by presenting it this way. Especially when we know that at least 3 of her children had Covid! Wait, maybe 4. Carlin, Erin, Zach, Josie?

Also, while it's certainly possible Meema could have gotten Covid at a doctor's appointment, I keep noticing that some people have a different definition of "not going anywhere" and "being careful not to see people". Many people don't include extended family outside their household and are much more focused on what they aren't doing rather than the things they actually are still doing. I have a friend who truly thinks she's being careful and taking the pandemic seriously, but got a facial and went bowling on New Year's Eve (in the US, where cases are still very high) after seeing family without masks at Christmas. She tries to tell me that things are "different" where she lives compared to where I am, but different regulations doesn't actually make these activities safer.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Not even a close family member's death can make her accept that her own narrative about covid is wrong and fucked up. 

Pride is a sin, Kelly. 

Yup. I’m watching the same thing play out in my own extended family, after losing a very close family member. The lengths they go through to minimize that fact that covid cut short this loved-one’s life... it’s like a punch to the gut every time, because it’s all about doubling-down on believing Trump’s narratives. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Josie had COVID?

Unless I'm completely mixing things up, I believe in her pregnancy announcement she said she had Covid around when she had her miscarriage. This was in the magazine article that she said that, not on social media as far as I know.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic