IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 6: So Boring I Couldn't Find a Funny Quote

HerNameIsBuffy

On 4/23/2021 at 3:15 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My oldest loved being swaddled. I think it was the only way he would stop moving and relax. The doctor was worried about how much he moved while in my belly. He’s just always been an active child. Even as a fetus ??‍♀️

Interesting! I am currently gestating a very active little fetus and I keep wondering if this translates into an active kid. I couldn't find any studies about this. (My doctor is not concerned so maybe this is a normal amount of kicks and I just don't know any better.)

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

10 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Get a weighted blanket, they are amazing!

(However, they are to be avoided if you certain health conditions like sleep apnea, I believe)

And if a weighted blanket doesn't feel swaddle-y enough, the kiddo's friend uses the elastic y compression sheet...(I'd have one if I didn't share a bed)

https://www.amazon.com/Compression-Alternative-Weighted-Breathable-Comfortable/dp/B07S8YMB3R?th=1&psc=1

(Etsy has lots) 

• Upvote 5

I love the floral blanket trend, but I prefer more muted colors. I’ve never like headbands, but I actively dislike the huge ones. I wish I knew someone having a baby girl so I could buy a floral blanket.

• Upvote 4

On 4/25/2021 at 12:28 PM, JDuggs said:

I love the floral blanket trend, but I prefer more muted colors. I’ve never like headbands, but I actively dislike the huge ones. I wish I knew someone having a baby girl so I could buy a floral blanket.

I don't think a baby boy would object to a floral blanket!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

On 4/25/2021 at 11:24 AM, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Interesting! I am currently gestating a very active little fetus and I keep wondering if this translates into an active kid. I couldn't find any studies about this. (My doctor is not concerned so maybe this is a normal amount of kicks and I just don't know any better.)

I can't comment on what is evidence based but can tell you that I know placental placement really impacts what you feel. My n of 2 is that my 1st, who was super chill in utero to the point of making me nervous came out and ended up crazy active and terrible sleeper/eater.  I think I had an anterior placenta. My daughter was crazy active and used to spend her nights trying to push her way out from the inside. She was the sweetest happiest baby and is a normally active child. Who knows ?? But congrats! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy and an easy labor. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, JMO said:

I know placental placement really impacts what

@PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea what JMO says is what my doctor told me. I didn't feel my babies very much, I asked and was told it was because my placenta was between the baby and my belly, so it was like a "cushion" between us. Not that they were inactive fetuses, they were normal. And it can work the opposite way, having the placenta in some "corner" that makes you to feel every movement the fetus does. It does not mean the baby is going to be more or less active after the birth. 

Edir to add that I felt the babies! But not very much and definitely not the hard kicks some moms feel. If a pregnant woman does not feel the baby at all, please call the doctor. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Add information
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 4/24/2021 at 11:57 AM, MaryOrMartha said:

I'm a 30 something year old woman and I wish I could be swaddled.

My daughter asks to be made a burrito ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

My first was a very active baby in utero.  By seven months in, she'd plant her tiny feet on my pelvis and put her head under my ribs and stretch.  I'd suddenly find myself arching backwards as she made more room for herself.  I was convinced that she'd be a large active boy who might have a career ahead of him as a linebacker.  When she was born she was a large, quiet, snuggler.

My second didn't move a lot, except when I laid down for bed.  Then she'd bounce off the walls for ten minutes before quieting down.  I feared she'd be practically comatose after she was born.  She turned out to be always on the run.

My last was a happy mix of her older siblings, both before and after birth.

You can't tell from activity in the womb how they're going to behave after they're born.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

9 minutes ago, Fundielandobserver said:

So boring that no one discussed her baby shower ?

I was gunna come on her and say who the fuck has another baby shower for a baby that will just be in the other baby siblings hand me downs. I would feel like a complete gift grabber if some one threw me a party so soon after a first one.  I have been to busy to coment as much as usual because I am trying to keep up on another hot thread. 

Now dont get me wrong I am not against second baby showers in certain circumstances but not in this case. had they have just got the girls togehter to give josie a nice baby "sprinkle' a trip to the nail salon and a nice lunch out I would have thought this was more appropriate and less wasteful of resources 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

17 minutes ago, Fundielandobserver said:

So boring that no one discussed her baby shower ?

Was this an actual party with gifts etc? If so, it seems rather gift grabby. WKB is less than 2, and this baby is another girl... besides diapers    What could the baby need?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

At least the second shower wasn't hosted by family. I was brought up in an old school southern home. Your mama or sisters don't host showers because it looks like the whole family wants stuff or needs help. A shower is done here by your friends, etc.  

There were gifts according to the pictures. I do have a friend who we threw a shower for the second baby. She was across country with baby one so it was a different guest list. Plus we made it more about her with lotions and robes, etc. for her comfort. There were a few cute outfits because they are always fun. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dad used to have a chair like the one she was sitting in outside in our living room in the 80's. I screenshot it and sent it to him and we laughed about how apparently that style was coming back around. We speculated on whatever happened to that chair and we don't know. Too bad it's not in the basement. We could have dusted it off, it seems. 

• Upvote 5

Josie said she is having complications with this pregnancy due to her miscarriage last year. I have never heard of something g like that or phrased like that. 
I get complications at the time of the miscarriage eg needing a d&c for an incomplete loss etc

do you think she means that the d&c damaged her uterus for this pregnancy. 
If so I’m surprised she is not using that as an anti abortion pledge. 
I bet the answer is super obvious but I’m just drawing a blank. 

EE3BFAB8-1FCB-4308-92DB-157B8929B3BB.png

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Josie said she is having complications with this pregnancy due to her miscarriage last year. I have never heard of something g like that or phrased like that. 
I get complications at the time of the miscarriage eg needing a d&c for an incomplete loss etc

do you think she means that the d&c damaged her uterus for this pregnancy. 
If so I’m surprised she is not using that as an anti abortion pledge. 
I bet the answer is super obvious but I’m just drawing a blank. 

EE3BFAB8-1FCB-4308-92DB-157B8929B3BB.png

I think she meant that when she miscarried, she was tested and found out that she has some health conditions that will make her future pregnancies higher risk, and require more extensive prenatal care for each of these pregnancies.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

I'm too distracted by her bad grammar ("there was complications") to pay attention to the content. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think she meant that when she miscarried, she was tested and found out that she has some health conditions that will make her future pregnancies higher risk, and require more extensive prenatal care for each of these pregnancies.

Yeah that may be what she means, you are right I didn’t think of that at all.  it’s not how it reads (to me). To me she is implying the complications are due to the previous miscarriage. That to me reads as something happened in the act of miscarrying that baby to harm this baby. I’m shit at grammar etc but even I can tell she is either being evasive (badly) or has no idea how she wants to write what she wants to express. Im not the only one confused by it am I?  

Edited by AussieKrissy
Add crap
  • Upvote 10

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Yeah that may be what she means, you are right I didn’t think of that at all.  it’s not how it reads (to me). To me she is implying the complications are due to the previous miscarriage. That to me reads as something happened in the act of miscarrying that baby to harm this baby. I’m shit at grammar etc but even I can tell she is either being evasive (badly) or has no idea how she wants to write what she wants to express. Im not the only one confused by it am I?

Sometimes miscarriages have consequences. Some of those consequences can affect mother's health or even future pregnancies. It may have happened to Josie, but I don't think she is pushing the prolife agenda here, she's just explaining her case and her worries.

• Upvote 8

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Sometimes miscarriages have consequences. Some of those consequences can affect mother's health or even future pregnancies. It may have happened to Josie, but I don't think she is pushing the prolife agenda here, she's just explaining her case and her worries.

No I don’t think she is either. I’m just curious as to what happened. (Yes I know it’s none of my business). I’m more curious because I can’t work out what it is. In a general sense of every women not because it’s specifically Josie. 

• Upvote 5

I thought Josie was probably referring to the clotting disorders she has and not a new complication.

• Upvote 2

In her insta stories it seemed like she was saying that baby Hazel was not looking healthy in checkups until this past one. So they were feeling relieved understandably. She didn’t provide any details though about what the issues were. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

I hope baby Hazel is 100% healthy. Special needs kids really need and deserve parents who respect and understand science and who are active medical advocates. Not saying J and K wouldn’t be such, but just considering the family involved...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

While I feel sorry for almost every newborn that we discuss here on FJ, I'm always relieved when there are no special need kids added to the quiverfull lifestyle. There are only a few families that would get proper help and care for their kids. I can actually only think of the Maxwells doing that.

• Upvote 10

I had back to back miscarriages before I had my first child and a few weeks after the second, I was rushed to the ER because I was feeling so poorly still and I had retained some tissue but they also discovered that I had a silent infection that was likely causing the miscarriages. After that I had 3 successful pregnancies. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 20

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic