IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 6: So Boring I Couldn't Find a Funny Quote

HerNameIsBuffy

38 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I really doubt Lawson and Nathan want big families at all, specially Lawson (in case he finally got married, which is still not clear).

I think Nathan wants a big family to show how manly he is. I don’t know about Esther and if she will have a say in this though.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

I think Nathan wants a big family to show how manly he is. I don’t know about Esther and if she will have a say in this though.

It's possible, of course. My theory is that those young men have been living relatively free for years, travelling and having fun and I suspect that also having unchaperoned dates. After that, quiverful life doesn't look appetizing. I think Bates sons would have been quiverful if they had married young or had been working only for the family, but they have discovered the mainstream pleasures and they love it.

I'm sure they all will remain fundamentalists and will keep having horrid beliefs. If I doubt about the quiverful point is because that point makes life very hard and they are used to something easier.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Completely agree. 

Esther is 7th out of 14 kids, and it appears the kids were borne over the course of about 25 years (the first birth date we have is their 4th child, born in 1989, the last in 2007). Esther is 23, turning 24 this year, and so she could feasibly have 25 years of fertility.

I would think at least 8-10 would be probable if they're not using protection, and Nathan gives off every vibe of wanting a barefoot and pregnant woman to cater to his every whim and give him as many sons as possible, Rufus Bless their future daughters.

Only time will tell though. The types of pictures Nathan is taking it seems like he's chilled out a fair bit, I strongly suspect it's only temporary, and as soon as he gets married he's go back to being as overbearing, uptight, and nauseatingly misogynistic as ever.

I fully expect him to want Esther in skirts only and for her to be 100% chattel the second they say 'I do.'

Then again... Esther is almost full grown (I consider 25 to be the cut-off) and at this point knows what she's getting into and so if that's what she wants, then that's what she wants.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Josie is doing a q + a on ig and said her and Kelton’s first kiss wasn’t at their wedding, so they had kissed before. I’m glad they did...I hope they didn’t feel ashamed like Zach did. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Josie is doing a q + a on ig and said her and Kelton’s first kiss wasn’t at their wedding, so they had kissed before. I’m glad they did...I hope they didn’t feel ashamed like Zach did. 

I bet Josie’s lack of remorse sure pissed off Gil and Kelly. Even though they themselves kissed before they were married. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet Josie’s lack of remorse sure pissed of Gil and Kelly. Even though they themselves kissed before they were married. 

Oh I do hope so. The hypocrisy of those two (G &KJ) is monumental. Josie & Kelton seemed to be close to Zach and Whitney whilst they were courting so maybe they discussed kissing before the wedding with them, who knows. I would love to know what goes on behind the scenes. I don’t think that the 2nd generation (excluding Michael, Erin, Lawson?, Nathan and Tori) are as on board with everything as G & KJ would like.

• Upvote 15

Kelton did himself no favors with regards to "their love story is a creepy stalker case" when he kept insisting it was love at first sight and Josie kept saying no it wasn't. If he had said yes and she said no and they laughed and moved on, I wouldn't have thought much of it, but the way he kept insisting was weird. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I did notice that Gil didn't harp on the whole first kiss thing like he did at Michaela and Tori's weddings. I just pulled up the episode and Josie speaks to their kiss by saying it was scary to kiss in front of 400-plus people. However, I noted she did not say it was their first kiss. 

On the 19KAC episode with Erin's wedding, she and Chad talk about it being their first kiss at the wedding and how they wanted to kiss "lots of times" but wanted to save it for the wedding. Michaela and Brandon say something similar. Tori and Bobby's wording was it was their first kiss together and she made a few mentions of it being her first kiss. I noticed they didn't specify that it was his. 

I would think that most of the guys and the girls marrying into the family are not all about that branding that the Bates and Duggars have with their claims of saving a first kiss for marriage. Katie's boyfriend is one I can believe hasn't kissed anyone, as I believe about Brandon. However, I'm just not thinking Evan, Bobby, or Kelton were raised that way. I also have some doubts that John and Alyssa waited either. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 16
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I did notice that Gil didn't harp on the whole first kiss thing like he did at Michaela and Tori's weddings. I just pulled up the episode and Josie speaks to their kiss by saying it was scary to kiss in front of 400-plus people. However, I noted she did not say it was their first kiss. 

On the 19KAC episode with Erin's wedding, she and Chad talk about it being their first kiss at the wedding and how they wanted to kiss "lots of times" but wanted to save it for the wedding. Michaela and Brandon say something similar. Tori and Bobby's wording was it was their first kiss together and she made a few mentions of it being her first kiss. I noticed they didn't specify that it was his. 

I would think that most of the guys and the girls marrying into the family are not all about that branding that the Bates and Duggars have with their claims of saving a first kiss for marriage. Katie's boyfriend is one I can believe hasn't kissed anyone, as I believe about Brandon. However, I'm just not thinking Evan, Bobby, or Kelton were raised that way. I also have some doubts that John and Alyssa waited either. 

I was just wondering which Duggar/Bates have stated it was their first kiss. I feel like it used to be a bigger deal but notice that it didn’t seem to be as big of deal at the more recent weddings.

I remember Jill saying it was her first kiss at her wedding, but they never said “their”.

I think Jinger and Jeremy never made a big deal about the “first kiss”...because it was obviously not his first kiss and they had either kissed in private, or he realized all that talk about her first kiss would just sound odd later.

I don’t think Carlin and Evan talked about it being their first kiss.

Joe/Kendra, and Josiah/Lauren...definitely their first.

JD/Abbie...did they actually say it was their first kiss? 

Joy and Austin...I can’t remember what they said, but with them I feel it could go either way. I think he has a rebellious streak that would think saving the first kiss for the wedding was dumb (I think in his mind that wasn’t a super important issue), so I’m guessing it was whatever Joy wanted.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

However, I'm just not thinking Evan, Bobby, or Kelton were raised that way. I also have some doubts that John and Alyssa waited either. 

While Evan, Bobby and Kelton have been raised fundie, I wonder if their parents were more flexible about dating than the Bates. In fact, Kelton had a girlfriend and they were pictures of them very close to each other, in a way that wouldn't surprise me that kissing happened. 

51 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

Kelton did himself no favors with regards to "their love story is a creepy stalker case" when he kept insisting it was love at first sight and Josie kept saying no it wasn't. If he had said yes and she said no and they laughed and moved on, I wouldn't have thought much of it, but the way he kept insisting was weird. 

Yeah Kelton can name it "love at first sight", but as Bates didn't let him court Josie because she was too young, he went to college and had a girlfriend there, while waiting for Josie to be old enough. 

They should be aware that internet is forever and they cannot re-invent their story.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Screenshot_20210415-121447.thumb.png.f15dfa44e6aa5e078f32363726aa0c48.png

Here's a screenshot of Josie talking about the clotting disorder she has. Quite a combo...

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 5

I’m glad that they didn’t have their first kiss at the altar. That itself is too much pressure and just odd. I’d be so embarrassed. I can understand waiting until marriage to have sex (not my cup of tea) but I think there should be some kind of physical contact before so you can feel some type of connection. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I can't erase the butt grab at their reception. I've been to some partying, happy chaos, and pass out drunk receptions...but I've never seen anyone grab their bride's butt on the way out. Do fundie grooms search for the garter???

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

And Josie and Kelton suposedly had chaperones with them at all times. If they managed to sneak a kiss before the wedding imagine what Lawson or Nathan might be able to get away with.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, llucie said:

And Josie and Kelton suposedly had chaperones with them at all times. If they managed to sneak a kiss before the wedding imagine what Lawson or Nathan might be able to get away with.

While that was said, there were a few occasions prior to the official courting where they were shown on the show arriving to the Bates home or leaving together without anyone else. Now it could have been edited but I had noticed it. In particular one family party.  Additionally, she and Tori would travel to visit Bobby and presumably Kelton before they graduated. Given how much attention was focused on Bobby by Tori, I have a feeling Josie and Kelton were largely unsupervised. I would also assume that a sibling around your same age - such as Katie being Josie and Kelton's chaperone - would probably be a little more lenient, as she is going to want leniency in a future relationship herself. Finally, she was working at that salon for quite a while. I doubt, if they were determined to see each other, that Gil and Kelly Jo would even be aware that he stopped by during lunch or something similar. Where there is a will, there is a way.  

It's also probably relatively easy to escape from the eyes of chaperones. Josie could have said she forgot something in the car and asked the brother or sister to stay in line at the coffee place or even send the brother or sister out to get it. Alyssa talked about in one of her videos that she would find ways to get a few minutes away from the chaperones. I think on the show she said she even requested from her parents that Tori not be one because she was too strict. Alyssa then laughed about how the tables had turned with how close Tori would sit to Bobby.  

As for Nathan and Lawson, I doubt they are held to the same standards given their ages and the fact they are men. Typically, these fundie families that are all into the chaperone thing put the responsibility on the girl's family and not the guy's. After all, it is her virtue at stake, according to them, and if something does happen it is her fault for tempting him. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

A few other items from their latest Q&A, including treatment for the clothing disorder and Katie apparently working for Josie. They also did premarital counseling with her parents “and another couple,” and are not intentionally doing a name theme:

Spoiler

E6C9360D-8C6A-4B20-BB14-3B214994C050.jpeg

8F6FE7D0-C1B2-49E6-84B5-1149AB110C2D.jpeg

EC0B124A-D6CD-4259-BC63-90620376C813.jpeg

18DB3975-9CED-4FE4-81E6-A82C8F647C9E.jpeg

1A1923EA-70E1-462B-84E2-FCA5225DE953.jpeg

Edited by Dominionatrix
Improving caption
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

I was just wondering which Duggar/Bates have stated it was their first kiss. I feel like it used to be a bigger deal but notice that it didn’t seem to be as big of deal at the more recent weddings.

I remember Jill saying it was her first kiss at her wedding, but they never said “their”.

I think Jinger and Jeremy never made a big deal about the “first kiss”...because it was obviously not his first kiss and they had either kissed in private, or he realized all that talk about her first kiss would just sound odd later.

I don’t think Carlin and Evan talked about it being their first kiss.

Joe/Kendra, and Josiah/Lauren...definitely their first.

JD/Abbie...did they actually say it was their first kiss? 

Joy and Austin...I can’t remember what they said, but with them I feel it could go either way. I think he has a rebellious streak ...

I don't think any of the Duggar children kissed before marriage. Derick, yeah, because the show specifically worded "their" first kiss and focused on her. Same with Jeremy, but for Jinger there was a whole CO segment at the "bachelorette" where they made all the ladies discuss first-kiss plans/advice for Jinge; also one of those after-show episode thingies where they specifically talk about their first kiss at the altar. JD/Abbie I believe in one of the wedding or honeymoon episodes TH about the first kiss at the altar, as do Joy/Austin at some point. BUB has overall focused much less on the "freak show" aspect of the Bates, and I don't think either the Balkas or the Stewarts talked anything about first kisses during their courtship/engagement seasons. 

• Upvote 9

49 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I don't think any of the Duggar children kissed before marriage. Derick, yeah, because the show specifically worded "their" first kiss and focused on her. Same with Jeremy, but for Jinger there was a whole CO segment at the "bachelorette" where they made all the ladies discuss first-kiss plans/advice for Jinge; also one of those after-show episode thingies where they specifically talk about their first kiss at the altar. JD/Abbie I believe in one of the wedding or honeymoon episodes TH about the first kiss at the altar, as do Joy/Austin at some point. BUB has overall focused much less on the "freak show" aspect of the Bates, and I don't think either the Balkas or the Stewarts talked anything about first kisses during their courtship/engagement seasons. 

Yeah, I messed that up about Jill and Derrick...it was “their” first kiss, but they seemed to avoid saying whether or not it was his (I just assumed it wasn’t).

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

Yeah, I messed that up about Jill and Derrick...it was “their” first kiss, but they seemed to avoid saying whether or not it was his (I just assumed it wasn’t).

Exactly! I assume it wasn't either, because they made sure to avoid it, lol. Same thing with Jeremy, though of course we know more about his "past" anyways. I kind of extend that logic to the Bates; if they didn't say or imply their first kiss was at the wedding, then who knows xD I'm not surprised if Josie and Kelton kissed before. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

Derrick was in band. There's no way it was his first kiss. I say this as having been in band and also having been a notorious prude. Even the most prudish-band people end up dating other similarly prudish band people and there's always at least kissing, although I do know people that never went beyond that.

• Upvote 5

The thing I find interesting is that Josie & Katie are supposedly best friends. Yet Josie here kissed Kelton before marriage while Katie is in a no touch courtship/ engagement. I wonder Josie’s advice/options that have been imparted to Katie. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I can't erase the butt grab at their reception. I've been to some partying, happy chaos, and pass out drunk receptions...but I've never seen anyone grab their bride's butt on the way out. Do fundie grooms search for the garter???

It was gross and a red flag for me. Of course, if Josie found it funny or hot, that's good. But she is not an attention seeker, so I doubt she was enterely fine with showing that kind of "affection". It wad a red flag for me because in their purity culture, grabbing her like that was like showing a sexual trophy. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20210415-121447.thumb.png.f15dfa44e6aa5e078f32363726aa0c48.png

Here's a screenshot of Josie talking about the clotting disorder she has. Quite a combo...

I am frankly amazed that she only discovered this with her current pregnancy. Given her family medical history and especially Erin’s initial miscarriages I can’t believe that she wasn’t tested before she got married. I think that Tori only discovered that she also has the clotting issues with her second pregnancy. It seems very foolish to me to want to remain wilfully ignorant of the possibility of a potentially serious medical condition especially when the condition can be controlled with medication. But then again these are fundies and their notion of being blissfully unaware is my notion of wilful ignorance. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Angelface said:

I am frankly amazed that she only discovered this with her current pregnancy. Given her family medical history and especially Erin’s initial miscarriages I can’t believe that she wasn’t tested before she got married. I think that Tori only discovered that she also has the clotting issues with her second pregnancy. It seems very foolish to me to want to remain wilfully ignorant of the possibility of a potentially serious medical condition especially when the condition can be controlled with medication. But then again these are fundies and their notion of being blissfully unaware is my notion of wilful ignorance. 

It is very strange. And how Tori said she had no idea she needed to be tested for this. Girl even i knew you needed to get tested for this, dont play dumb.

Years ago Kelly said all the girls had been already tested for this, but now it seems maybe it was another one of Kellys lies.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic