IGNORED

Josie and Kelton 6: So Boring I Couldn't Find a Funny Quote

HerNameIsBuffy

Katie looks a little like Carlin to me in that photo, I think it’s the eyes. Otherwise she’s definitely very like Erin. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Angelface said:

I am frankly amazed that she only discovered this with her current pregnancy. Given her family medical history and especially Erin’s initial miscarriages I can’t believe that she wasn’t tested before she got married. I think that Tori only discovered that she also has the clotting issues with her second pregnancy. It seems very foolish to me to want to remain wilfully ignorant of the possibility of a potentially serious medical condition especially when the condition can be controlled with medication. But then again these are fundies and their notion of being blissfully unaware is my notion of wilful ignorance. 

Not giving Josie a pass, as she should have been tested, but at least she wasn't seeing Dr. Vick. At the point that Josie was pregnant with Willow, only Erin had been diagnosed and Josie might have believed she had nothing to worry about in that regard. Personally, I am a hypochondriac and probably would have been tested for everything possible. 

Tori started out her first pregnancy seeing Dr. Vick, who apparently tests these girls on their first visits to him. Tori then said she guessed she did not get tested because her doctor in Nashville didn't realize it. However, I distinctly remember Tori at Dr. Vick's office on the exam table. She was complaining about morning sickness and he told her that her progesterone was low. He then said he'd heard they were moving. She said yes and they didn't have a doctor yet. He said call if you need anything and got out of the room quick. I remember it because of how awkward it was in that moment. 

But yes, so much for Kelly Jo's comments that the girls had been tested. 

• Upvote 8

39 minutes ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

But yes, so much for Kelly Jo's comments that the girls had been tested

They said all girls were tested, but maybe they were only talking about the married/engaged ones, which were only Erin, Alyssa and probably Michaela. It's obvious not all the girls were tested back then.

One may think that for parents who live in a fertility cult, testing their daughters to prevent eventual miscarriages would be a priority. But it's Cheap Gil who we are talking about. He probably said they should be tested after marriage, so the husband would pay for it. But nobody remembered to actually do it. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Angelface said:

I am frankly amazed that she only discovered this with her current pregnancy. Given her family medical history and especially Erin’s initial miscarriages I can’t believe that she wasn’t tested before she got married. I think that Tori only discovered that she also has the clotting issues with her second pregnancy. It seems very foolish to me to want to remain wilfully ignorant of the possibility of a potentially serious medical condition especially when the condition can be controlled with medication. But then again these are fundies and their notion of being blissfully unaware is my notion of wilful ignorance. 

I was also surprised by this. As I've understood it, treatment is needed to sustain a pregnancy.

Can anyone who knows more about their medical issue enlighten me: Does the clotting disorder not affect first pregnancies?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

Can anyone who knows more about their medical issue enlighten me: Does the clotting disorder not affect first pregnancies?

Erin miscarried her first baby, so she was affected since the beginning. But Tori and Josie had perfect first pregnancies, so maybe they have a different clotting disorder.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Erin miscarried her first baby, so she was affected since the beginning. But Tori and Josie had perfect first pregnancies, so maybe they have a different clotting disorder.

Ah, that could make sense. Josie also apparently has several different disorders but still had a successful first pregnancy without treatment.

So Erin must have different disorders or at least a different combination resulting in a different outcome concerning first pregnancies.

How many different clotting disorders can run in one family?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

I was also surprised by this. As I've understood it, treatment is needed to sustain a pregnancy.

My understanding is that it can affect a pregnancy but not 100% of pregnancies. Erin was the first diagnosed and was tested after several miscarriages. There was no statement that all the miscarriages were due to the clotting factors. While that is possible, it is possible also that there are other reasons for a miscarriage. Josie said in her recent answers that the doctors did not know the reason she miscarried last year but did not think it was related to the clotting factors. 

It can certainly affect first pregnancies, but not necessarily 100% of pregnancies. For some reason Erin had more of an issue and did not seem to be able to sustain a pregnancy. It is possible that Tori's current and second pregnancy and Josie's current pregnancy would have proceeded as their first ones did. However, they were diagnosed and now have their own treatment plans. So we don't know if they would have miscarried without diagnosis. 

I think it mostly curious that Alyssa was not diagnosed that we know about and has had four successful pregnancies. Leaving Michaela out for now because her issues aren't the same, I have to wonder how likely it is that Alyssa escaped this diagnosis. 

2 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

Ah, that could make sense. Josie also apparently has several different disorders but still had a successful first pregnancy without treatment.

So Erin must have different disorders or at least a different combination resulting in a different outcome concerning first pregnancies.

How many different clotting disorders can run in one family?

I know that Erin was diagnosed on the show as having PAI, but as for the others I don't know. I would assume that Erin may have had other issues but the clotting issue was the big one that affected her. She could have had some of the issues that led to her recent surgeries removing her ovary and part of the other. I know she says it is all COVID related, but that may only be a factor and not the whole story. 

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

43 minutes ago, Paperplate said:

I have this disorder, it was found at 26 weeks in my second pregnancy (2004).  I had suffered a miscarriage betwen first baby and second.   I was lead to believe it is more a Russian Roulette situation.  

• Thank You 6
  • Love 9

5 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Not giving Josie a pass, as she should have been tested, but at least she wasn't seeing Dr. Vick. At the point that Josie was pregnant with Willow, only Erin had been diagnosed and Josie might have believed she had nothing to worry about in that regard. Personally, I am a hypochondriac and probably would have been tested for everything possible. 

But then Carlin got tested on her first pregnancy, when at that time suposedly both Tori and Josie had had perfectly fine first pregnancies. Why sudenly they felt she needed to get tested?

5 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Tori started out her first pregnancy seeing Dr. Vick, who apparently tests these girls on their first visits to him. Tori then said she guessed she did not get tested because her doctor in Nashville didn't realize it. However, I distinctly remember Tori at Dr. Vick's office on the exam table. She was complaining about morning sickness and he told her that her progesterone was low. He then said he'd heard they were moving. She said yes and they didn't have a doctor yet. He said call if you need anything and got out of the room quick. I remember it because of how awkward it was in that moment. 

But yes, so much for Kelly Jo's comments that the girls had been tested. 

About this, maybe Dr. Vick is fine with the tvshow recording him at his office while another doctor is not, so they choose to record the visit although he may not have been Toris actual OB at that time... that would also explain the awkwardness. Have they ever shown a doctor visit on the show that was not to Dr. Vick office?

Edited by llucie
to add
  • Upvote 5

So Josie’s friend used the name I was sure would be on Josie’s list and that I guessed she would use. I do love the name Sage. This baby looks fed up with the world already. Lol 

8C89CB2A-1CEB-469B-A00C-BA3FFC49F144.png

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 5

What on earth is that floral thing in which she is cocooned? 

I love her side-eye at parents/photographer ? I look like she is thinking "have we done here?"

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

This baby looks fed up with the world already. Lol

Can't say I blame her. Holy Jesus the headband, the cocoon, the floral print - it's just too much.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

Someone gifted us something like that set for our daughter. I put the bow on her to take a thank you picture, but there was not a chance of a happy photo in a cacoon.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

My oldest loved being swaddled. I think it was the only way he would stop moving and relax. The doctor was worried about how much he moved while in my belly. He’s just always been an active child. Even as a fetus ??‍♀️

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My oldest loved being swaddled. I think it was the only way he would stop moving and relax. The doctor was worried about how much he moved while in my belly. He’s just always been an active child. Even as a fetus ??‍♀️

Not one of my kids would sleep unless they were wrapped up so tightly they couldn't move. 

• Upvote 8

My weirdos liked tightly wrapped legs and usually bodies but woe and pain and suffering to anyone who tried to swaddle their arms! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

Nothing wrong with the swaddle. I just felt that it was too much with the headband and all! Baby looks like a prop.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

Nothing wrong with the swaddle. I just felt that it was too much with the headband and all! Baby looks like a prop.

I don't have an issue with swaddling and see the benefits. However, I agree this pic looks like the baby had a fight with a bolt of fabric at Hobby Lobby and lost. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 23

Swaddling is king in our house, although at her age we always have arms out. She still likes the snug feeling of having it around her chest, though (we found swaddle sacks WAY easier). I agree that too much matchy matchy is, well, too much. And I find that pattern kind of garish, though that's personal preference. Large prints are too big to look good on babies imo.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

35 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I'm a 30 something year old woman and I wish I could be swaddled.

I tend to swaddle myself. I've woken up in a tight duvet burrito situation that I almost couldn't get out of several times...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

My girl also had a floral print swaddle and hat. I kind of like the nature theme on babies. To each their own. Sage looks pretty content swaddled. I used swaddle sacks a lot because I couldn’t get the wrap tight enough for her to not break free, wake up and scream. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I'm a 30 something year old woman and I wish I could be swaddled.

Get a weighted blanket, they are amazing!

(However, they are to be avoided if you certain health conditions like sleep apnea, I believe)

• Upvote 5

I kind of like the same Sage, though because of the pandemic, all I can think about when hearing Sage is SAGE, Strategic Advisory Group of Experts, that advises WHO on vaccines. Never heard about them before covid, but now the association with SAGE is too strong for me to have Sage work as a name, IMO. 

• Upvote 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic