IGNORED

No good ending here: Idaho mom dead, other kids missing

Howl

On 7/24/2022 at 7:05 AM, Howl said:

Was Alex in the house that night, smothered or choked Tammy Daybell to death, left and Chad staged the "oh my god my wife is DEAD" scene witnessed by his son? 

So one more thing -- do Alex' phone records show he was in the Daybell home the night Tammy died? 

Alex didn't turn off his phone when he was attempting to murder Tammy as she was unloading her car,  dismembering and burning Tylee and burying JJ; I doubt he'd turn it off if he was at the Daybell home helping to murder Tammy. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Update posted on the East Idaho News site: Judge to decide whether grand jury should clarify Vallow Daybell charges

How is Lori doing? "During an hour-long hearing Tuesday, Daybell smiled, laughed and appeared relaxed, wearing a gray shirt and black dress pants."  The article has multiple photos and a few videos of Lori during and just after the hearing. She really doesn't look the same. 

Here is the gist of the issue: 

Daybell’s defense team said two of the counts listed in the indictment are complicated because they each include two separate allegations – conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and grand theft by deception.

Her attorneys asked District Judge Steven Boyce to reconvene a grand jury to deliberate and amend the indictment so the alleged crimes are separated.

“The conspiracy to commit murder and the conspiracy to commit grand theft are two separate conspiracies,” Thomas said. “We believe it would be confusing to a jury to be able to figure out what elements were met, when the elements were met and to what extent the elements were met.”

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 4

Netflix releases the trailer for Lori Vallow documentary (kplctv.com)

Trailer is out for new documentary to be released Sept 14th I believe. It is called Sins of Our Mother. 

"In the trailer for the upcoming three-part docuseries “Sins of Our Mother,” viewers can see archival footage showing Vallow and her family as her surviving son, Colby, offers insight into their family history as well as what happened after Lori and Chad’s arrest."

• Thank You 3

Was reading over the charging documents for Chad and Lori. 

On the night that Tammy was murdered, Alex (or his phone) was in a church parking lot 2.5 miles from the Daybell residence. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...

Lori Vallow’s Son Accused of Sex Crimes in Arizona (thedailybeast.com)

The son of Lori Vallow, the doomsday-cult mom awaiting trial on charges of killing her two other children in Idaho, has been arrested in Arizona on suspicion of sex crimes, according to local reports. 

Son of Lori Vallow accused of raping woman at Mesa home (azfamily.com)

• Sad 2
  • Thank You 3

Well this is weird. Info from an East Idaho News article: 

Ryan, 26, was booked into the Maricopa County Jail in Arizona on Saturday on two counts of sexual assault, according to county court records. A woman he had been in a relationship with told police Ryan “raped” her while the couple was watching TV at her house.

Why is raped in quotes and nowhere do they indicate that the woman "he had been in a relationship with" is his ex wife. 

MARICOPA COUNTY, Arizona — Colby Ryan, son of Lori Vallow Daybell, was released from jail Friday, and charges against him were dismissed without prejudice.

The case remains open and can be refiled. 

A spokeswoman with the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office confirms the sexual assault charges have been dropped, but the case remains open.  “The case is under review by our office. The dismissal was without prejudice, which allows us to refile charges,” Jennifer Liewer tells EastIdahoNews.com.

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 4

Was just coming to to post this. You beat me to it. All the articles say the same thing. I guess we wait. 

Prosecutors drop rape charges against Lori Vallow’s son (msn.com)

Prosecutors drop rape charges against Lori Vallow’s son (azfamily.com)

• Thank You 1

Judge hears motion to ban cameras in Lori Vallow Daybell case - East Idaho News

Lori Vallow Daybell case: Attorneys fight over filming mom in court (azcentral.com)

Lori doesn't want cameras in the courtroom. 

Edited by Chickenbutt
Added another link
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

Sins of Our Mother came out on Netflix today. Starting it now.

Thanks!  I added it to my list of things to watch.  I’d love to read your take on it when you have finished viewing. 

I just finished it. 

I think it was done well but it could have been a lot longer. It seems they glossed over some stuff that I feel was important. Alex's death, the Brandon shooting, Melanie's possible involvement, Tammy's death.  There was very little I didn't already know. Some texts I hadn't seen before. Also, it was hard to look at Colby who was very present during the whole show. His wife (ex?) was featured quite a bit. And their daughter. Colby says he doesn't want Lori's actions to be the story of his family. Does he want his alleged crime to be that story? This family is a mess. 

All in all, it was thorough (with the topics they covered) yet lacking in other topics. Could have been longer. Didn't really learn anything new except a few text messages. 

Will wait to hear everyone's thoughts. 

• Thank You 3

17 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Alex's death, the Brandon shooting, Melanie's possible involvement, Tammy's death. 

I didn't watch the show, but these are aspects of the entire fluster cluck that I do want to know about as well.  

Was Alex positively identified as the shooter in Brandon's attempted assassination, or at least one of the people in the Jeep?  There had to be a driver and a shooter, and the other person hasn't been identified and I've seen no speculation on who it would have been.  The shooter had to have been skilled; the shot(s) came within inches of Brandon.  

I speculate that Melanie is deeply involved in all of this, especially trying to take out Brandon, but so far she's skated on everything. Has she still lost any form of custody of her children with Brandon?  She does have a baby with her new insta-husband. 

I wonder if we'll ever know the cause of Tammy's death, but almost certainly Alex was involved, possibly directly.  I also idly wonder if Alex was a serial killer or had at least killed others that we don't know about, because, damn, that guy was cold and left a trail of death in his wake. 

• Upvote 4

I read her comments. All I can say is the Netflix show was very abbreviated, but it's not like they can cover every little thing in what, 3 episodes?  

Hurry up and watch it people!!🤣 I want your take on it.....lolololol

• Upvote 1

I finished episode one.  I am not as familiar with the events and players as you are, but know enough to figure out some of the missing details.  This episode made it evident that a lot of people knew things were going sideways with Lori.  It gave a good overview of her immersion into last days/tribulation theology.  It did a good job showing the steps she took to get from point A to Chad Daybell.  Lori’s family (Adam Cox excepted) thought Charles Vallow was the bad guy, but the documentary shows he was taking some reasonable steps to protect his kids.  Family disputes are difficult, of course, and it looked like Lori Vallow was charismatic and able to charm her way out of being perceived as a potential danger.

Overall, a good opening segment illustrating some of the building blocks that foreshadow the coming crimes.

I’ll be back with more comments.  It’s enlightening to see the footage of all the players, and also so sad knowing what’s coming. 

• Thank You 1

One other general comment on Chad Daybell’s end times cult.  There were a lot of earnest looking people in his audience.  Other than Lori, were there any other rabid followers who were stockpiling and bunkering in Rexburg, Idaho?

We live in a neighboring state (Washington), and “moving to Idaho” has become a code phrase indicating far right beliefs.  We personally are acquainted with fundamentalists and, unfortunately, white supremacists who “moved to Idaho.”  Ha ha, actually our neighbors discovered Idaho real estate prices were too steep for them due to the influx of like-minded folks, so they moved on to Missouri or Arkansas.  It was such a relief when they moved!

• Upvote 1

Episode 2.  I did not see a zombie ranking system coming!  It’s always been scary to me how people get enmeshed in these bizarre movements.  The reporter does a good job helping clarify the timeline and major events.  Onto the next episode… 

• Thank You 1

Episode 3 - I do feel for Colby losing his siblings.  He seemed very attached to them.  It must have been mind-blowing as his mother’s crimes and attitude were revealed.  His taped conversations with Lori were enlightening.  Of special note was she felt persecuted, just like Joseph Smith.  🤔 

I would love to know more about this whole family tree.  It’s difficult for me to figure how these horrible people became so crazed that they would kill children.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

Episode 3 - I do feel for Colby losing his siblings.  He seemed very attached to them.

Within a short period of time, he lost his father* (Joseph Ryan) and then his step father (Charles Vallow).  Then he finds out that Charles did not die from natural causes as Lori had told him; his uncle (Alex) killed him, supposedly in self defense.   Then Tylee and JJ go missing, then he discovers his mother and uncle Alex were  involved in the murder of Tylee and JJ.  At some point he would find out that Alex murdered Charles in cold blood at his mother's request.  At some point in there his uncle (Alex) dies.  That's a LOT of death, murder, betrayal, loss and absolute crazy in a relatively short period of time. 

*Was it mentioned somewhere that Joseph Ryan wasn't his bio dad? I'm getting lost in the many crazy details. 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Howl said:

Was it mentioned somewhere that Joseph Ryan wasn't his bio dad? I'm getting lost in the many crazy details. 

I should know this, because I’m currently reading a book referenced by @hoipolloi above.  It might be husband #2, William Lagioia (sp?).  The book is a good overview of some of the conspiracy theories that seep into the DNA of these folks.  It’s hard to pull the crazy threads of these relationships together, but I’m only halfway through so maybe there’s a faint chance for clarity.  😱 

The book:

When the Moon Turns to Blood by Leah Sottile.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

I must have missed that. I always thought Joseph Ryan was Colby's dad. I just may have to get that book referenced above. 

If I’ve gotten this right, husband #2 was the bio dad; husband #3 (Ryan) was the adoptive dad (at least Colby took the last name); but Colby considered #4 (Vallow) the dad who most loved and cared for him.  Lori really put that whole household into a tailspin on a regular basis, especially with the introduction of #5 (Daybell). 

• Thank You 3

I'm still gobsmacked that Chad's kids give him a pass. 

According to a TV interview, they believe that Chad and Lori had an emotional affair prior to Tammy's death, but hadn't had sex while Tammy was still alive. 

But they never seem to contemplate how incredibly suspicious it is that their mom dies and  their dad remarries within days and some of those days involved their mother's funeral. 

Most telling? Lori was online ordering a wedding ring before Tammy died. How could one know this one detail and not realize that Tammy was murdered? 

I do feel for those adult kids, though.  Their mom is gone and their dad will likely never see another day of freedom.  Their kids will never know Chad and Tammy as grandparents. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

I wonder if Chad's kids are onboard with his religious beliefs? Do they think like he does? Is he the savior, prophet, God, or whatever he professes to believe, in their minds? 

There is no accounting for anyone's behavior in this mess. The only sane person that I see was Charles Vallow and maybe Brandon Boudreaux. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

The only sane person that I see was Charles Vallow and maybe Brandon Boudreaux. 

Yes to both.  Charles knew Lori had gone off the rails and tried to get her committed.

Brandon Boudreaux got himself and his children to safety after the assassination attempt. 

Let me preface this by commenting about Joseph Ryan's death. I 110% believe that he was murdered by Alex Cox, for a few reasons.  First, Alex hated Joseph Ryan and served time for assaulting him in Texas. Second, there was a financial benefit that accrued to Tylee upon Joseph Ryan's death, which of course was to Lori's benefit, since Tylee was a minor. 

9 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

There is no accounting for anyone's behavior in this mess.

It was always all about the money. 

The adults who died (Joseph Ryan, Charles Vallow,  Tammy Daybell) were all murdered for financial gain.  The only good thing is that Charles had changed the beneficiary of his policy to Kay Woodcock. Chad cashed in on Tammy's life insurance policy. 

I have no doubt that Alex' attempt on Brandon Boudreaux's life had to do with a life insurance policy and proceeds from Brandon's business (whatever it is) that would have set Melani up for life.  How she has skated on this whole thing is beyond me. I think the only thing that will send her to prison is if Chad or Lori rat her out. 

Here's an interesting article from about a year ago about Alex Cox' attempt on Brandon Boudreaux's life.  And yes, Chad was involved.  There were several phone calls to Chad. New details released about attempted shooting tied to Daybells as police recommend charges

One of the things that Lori is charged with has to do with defrauding the US Government by continuing to receive Social Security benefits (and possibly some state benefits) for Tylee and JJ after they'd been murdered. 

Chad and Tammy were on shaky financial ground, Lori was leaving Charles Vallow, where was the money to finance a lovely beach life in Hawaii going to come from? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic