IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I assumed it was to help with keeping the lawns down. 

But then, the lawns are full of poo! Many many poo. And goats smell awful (maybe not if they live outdoors? I don't know). To each their own, but it doesn't fit Erin.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

But then, the lawns are full of poo! Many many poo. And goats smell awful (maybe not if they live outdoors? I don't know). To each their own, but it doesn't fit Erin.

Un-neutered males smell awful during breeding season. Wethers (neutered males) and does (females) aren't odiferous. (Based on owning goats since 1998)

Chad and Erin have Nigerian Dwarf goats. Unlikely that they milk them. This breed is most often kept as pets (not to take away from my many goat friends that do milk NDs). Goats do not make good "lawn mowers" because they are browsers not grazers. They would rather eat weeds here then run over and eat leaves off the trees there, before noting some tender looking grass on the other side of the fence. 

Ending my PSA here, LOL.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 24
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Un-neutered males smell awful during breeding season. Wethers (neutered males) and does (females) aren't odiferous. (Based on owning goats since 1998)

Chad and Erin have Nigerian Dwarf goats. Unlikely that they milk them. This breed is most often kept as pets (not to take away from my many goat friends that do milk NDs). Goats do not make good "lawn mowers" because they are browsers not grazers. They would rather eat weeds here then run over and eat leaves off the trees there, before noting some tender looking grass on the other side of the fence. 

Ending my PSA here, LOL.

Actually, I appreciate some knowledgable info about goats, instead of random comments about them smelling awful.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

The new Insta post Erin put up of the baby Holland??? Chasing the goat is adorable. I got sucked in. The baby looks like a zombie chasing the kid to eat it. I love zombies lol. Normally disclaimer on acknowledging hateful beliefs 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Ending my PSA here, LOL.

Would sheep make good "lawn mowers"? The solar panel park where I live used sheep to graze the grass, but I don't know if it was effective. 

8 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Would sheep make good "lawn mowers"? The solar panel park where I live used sheep to graze the grass, but I don't know if it was effective. 

They're not going to mow in straight lines so may miss some spots but will do a much better job than a goat. Of course, goats do a great job cleaning out things like poison ivy or invasive honeysuckle so they each have their place.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, nolongerIFBx said:

They're not going to mow in straight lines so may miss some spots but will do a much better job than a goat. Of course, goats do a great job cleaning out things like poison ivy or invasive honeysuckle so they each have their place.

We have a company here where I live and work that will let you rent goats for a week. One of the great things the goats will do is eat the kudzu that is so invasive and destructive. The funniest thing is all the people calling 911 when they see a pack of goats hanging around and chowing down. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

Erin had an interview with Us

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/erin-bates-having-another-baby-would-be-miracle-after-surgeries/

- she’s had COVID twice, and said that her reproductive issues started during the 2nd time. She suffered from internal bleeding.

- she’s had 3 surgeries and has 1/3 of an ovary left

- it’s unlikely she’ll have more kids

- she and Chad wanted at least 10 kids

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 41
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/erin-bates-having-another-baby-would-be-miracle-after-surgeries/

- she’s had COVID twice, and said that her reproductive issues started during the 2nd time. 

Isn’t it extremely rare to get covid twice? And if they think it’s possible, that makes their careless gallivanting mask less behavior even more inexcusable. Could Covid be connected to her ovarian symptoms? Seems like a pretty unlikely coincidence that they would happen to occur simultaneously, but I have never heard of that being a covid complication. The Bates in general seem pretty medically uninformed. Erin may be confused about her condition and what happened. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Isn’t it extremely rare to get covid twice? And if they think it’s possible, that makes their careless gallivanting mask less behavior even more inexcusable. Could Covid be connected to her ovarian symptoms? Seems like a pretty unlikely coincidence that they would happen to occur simultaneously, but I have never heard of that being a covid complication. The Bates in general seem pretty medically uninformed. Erin may be confused about her condition and what happened. 

Getting COVID twice is rare but not improbable, especially with the new variants. Also, COVID has been known to exacerbate clotting issues, And we know that several of the Bates have a clotting disorder, including Erin. I see how that could’ve caused her bleeding issues but I’m not an expert. 

Edit: some info I’ve found on COVID-19, blood clots and bleeding:

https://labblog.uofmhealth.org/lab-report/subset-of-covid-19-patients-have-increased-bleeding-risk

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/some-covid-19-patients-have-a-higher-risk-of-bleeding

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

25 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

- she’s had COVID twice, and said that her reproductive issues started during the 2nd time. 

I'm going to try to word this carefully, because I don't want to seem insensitive to infertility issues. But while I'm sure Erin is very sad and struggling with this new reality, and I'm sure Chad is concerned for his wife, I think in a small, secret piece of his heart he is relieved. And maybe now he will stop looking so worn out all the time. I think most of the husbands (Evan, Kelton, Bobby and maybe Zach) if they could be honest with themselves, wonder and worry how they can afford to support more than 3 or 4 kids.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

Im sorry I realize this sounds mean but that interview made me RAGEY. You got COVID twice...gee I wonder why? Maybe because your family has blatantly disregarded the rules for so long. When you consider how many people she (and the rest of the Bates) could have impacted by their carelessness, honestly it serves her right. 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 3

She actually uses the term "female issues", it sounds so 70s that euphemism. Lady you've given birth on TV, you can talk about bleeding and cramping and all that.

• Upvote 16
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Erin did a video interview with US Weekly as well and in the video she talked about how her own doctors think it might be caused by COVID, but they're not 100% certain as it is still a new illness. So it's not out of the realm of possibility for COVID causing all of this. And if it is, then it is very sad to see the Bates still not care about protection against COVID when it is clear that it causes infertility issues. But they are going to go about it like they are the exception to the rules... it's awful. You think having multiple children get it would have the Bates wake up and change their ways, but they just... won't. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

It does seem astounding that they still dont care about Covid despite Erin losing her fertility (in a quiverfull cult no less), Kelly step-father dying and even Josie misscarriage could also be related to Covid...I dont personally know anyone who caught Covid and i have been more carefull than they are.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

She actually uses the term "female issues", it sounds so 70s that euphemism. Lady you've given birth on TV, you can talk about bleeding and cramping and all that.

That stuck out to me, too.  My 86 year old MIL says that her own mother died of "cancer of the woman's area." That hasn't been terribly helpful when trying to put together a family medical history. But she honestly does not know which ladypart it was. And she was probably in her 40s/50s when her mom died.

• Upvote 17

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Getting COVID twice is rare but not improbable, especially with the new variants. Also, COVID has been known to exacerbate clotting issues, And we know that several of the Bates have a clotting disorder, including Erin. I see how that could’ve caused her bleeding issues but I’m not an expert. 

I have a good friend who had Covid as did her fiance. They are currently on vacation in Florida and I see an awful lot of unmasked faces in their pictures. Granted, they are outside most of the time, but I want to tell her just because you had it, don't let your guard down. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

The fact that Erin had Covid twice doesn’t really surprise me. Her family gave it to her at least one of those times. I always thought that if it was proven to fundies that it could cause infertility for men or women, they would take it more seriously. But I guess not! And now I bet Erin will want to adopt. Ugh. I hope they somehow aren’t able to adopt. Just stick with the 4 you have and please don’t adopt any into the cult. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The fact that Erin had Covid twice doesn’t really surprise me. Her family gave it to her at least one of those times. I always thought that if it was proven to fundies that it could cause infertility for men or women, they would take it more seriously. But I guess not! And now I bet Erin will want to adopt. Ugh. I hope they somehow aren’t able to adopt. Just stick with the 4 you have and please don’t adopt any into the cult. 

I thought fundies like them don't favor adoption otherwise I'm sure Michaela would have several by now. 

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I thought fundies like them don't favor adoption otherwise I'm sure Michaela would have several by now. 

Michael has said on the show that if she can't have any biological kids, she would adopt, At this point we don't know if she changed her mind or if they decided to wait until she's done with school or until they've saved more money or some other reason. 

• Upvote 11

I’m always curious to know what they think internally.

As in, if they think children are a blessing from God, are they now being punished? And why?

(I don’t believe this, Ftr. I just wonder how they go from “the more kids I have, the more god has blessed me” to not being able to have kids way before menopause. It’s got to mess with them hardcore in this cult).

Edited by monkeyrocks71
It double posted
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

3 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

Michael has said on the show that if she can't have any biological kids, she would adopt, At this point we don't know if she changed her mind or if they decided to wait until she's done with school or until they've saved more money or some other reason. 

I just remember reading about adoption taking on someone's sin or something stupid like that. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think they are ok with adoption since Kelly’s two sisters are adopted. I think Michael and Brandon will eventually adopt. I’m thinking they want a healthy newborn and those are hard to find. Sometimes you wait years for a healthy newborn. I’m afraid Erin would adopt older kids and expect them to conform to their fundie standards just like their bio kids. I hate seeing a mix of bio and older adopted kids in fundie families. I think fundies will always compare their bio kids to the adopted ones and treat them differently. Just my observation. 

• Upvote 7

Generational sin

Gothard told people they needed to try to find out as much as possible about the birth parents because their kids would inherit and potentially manifest their parent’s sin. That was my understanding of what I read.

So, I guess you have to try to find good Christians as close to sinless as possible to get their babies. Or something. 

Edited by monkeyrocks71
Typos
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic