IGNORED

Katie and Travis: Will It Last?

PurpleCats

11 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

The Bates family using Katie as some sort of flirty, angelic virgin to sell dresses.

I mean look, maybe I’m reaching a bit but when your whole Family mission is based on raising chaste, modest daughters that won’t tempt and defraud men it’s also very weird to take these weird, white virgin angel photos. This photo from any 20ish year old woman, I would typically say is normal. From them? It’s bizarre AF.

I thought from the picture that the new Bachelorette had just been announced. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 10
  • Love 2

@Flossie I only see a low quality dress, that will look like an oversize T-shirt after a couple times washed.

Also the dress is too small for Katie. You can see it in her armpits. And Katie is tiny!!! This is a dress for Addallee.

I don't see their clothing business succeeding. Customers must realise that the dresses are awful.

• Upvote 6

On 2/9/2020 at 10:18 AM, Melissa1977 said:

@Flossie I only see a low quality dress, that will look like an oversize T-shirt after a couple times washed.

Also the dress is too small for Katie. You can see it in her armpits. And Katie is tiny!!! This is a dress for Addallee.

I don't see their clothing business succeeding. Customers must realise that the dresses are awful.

These are the same dresses that I've seen countless times on Amazon. They're awful quality. I've bought a few from Amazon because I needed to alter one for a Halloween costume. They don't wash well at all. 

• Upvote 10

On 1/14/2020 at 7:27 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have to disagree. My nephew and all his friends don’t post anything like that. And actually don’t post much at all. 

Maybe my cynicism is showing, but I don't assume my not seeing it means it isn't happening.

I have 2.5 Facebooks (nobody I'm related to knows about the others. The mr does, but I don't thinkive even had a reason to tell my sisters-or most of my friends), a Twitter associated with none of those, an Instagram associated with none of those, and a few other social media accts. And unconnected othe internet presences. My postings on 1 say little about the content of the others.

(One of the first tenants of a class on kid safety online that some well respected experts I know taught was if you see a g-rated acct with limited activity, that's the adult-decoy-acct, set up for the parent generation) 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

44 minutes ago, dawbs said:

Maybe my cynicism is showing, but I don't assume my not seeing it means it isn't happening.

I have 2.5 Facebooks (nobody I'm related to knows about the others. The mr does, but I don't thinkive even had a reason to tell my sisters-or most of my friends), a Twitter associated with none of those, an Instagram associated with none of those, and a few other social media accts. And unconnected othe internet presences. My postings on 1 say little about the content of the others.

(One of the first tenants of a class on kid safety online that some well respected experts I know taught was if you see a g-rated acct with limited activity, that's the adult-decoy-acct, set up for the parent generation) 

Don’t get me wrong, my nephew posts online. I just don’t think 90% of teens Katie’s age post super staged photos like that all the time. Some do. But according to my teen nephew, FB is for old people. And he isn’t super into Instagram. He does do snap chat and tiktok. I’ve seen his tiktok videos that have tons of views. I suppose he could have another one but he’s proud of his account where he has a ton of views on some of his videos. His parents post way more pictures of him on FB than he’s ever posted. 

• Upvote 2

I agree about the fake and secret Instagram accounts. Just google the word "finsta." Most high schoolers and younger college students I know have more than one Instagram account (I don't know about other social medias). From what I can tell, it's pretty common. The types of pictures and/or captions they post are definitely not something they'd be showing their grandparents.

As for the staged photos, I think its a trend to take "candid" photos that are actually staged. However, compared to when I was Katie's age, kids these days like much more "care-free" looking pictures.

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
  • Upvote 6

The Bates girls have private Instagram as well right?

I think I saw Alyssa's and Carlin's passing by here a while back.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

The Bates girls have private Instagram as well right?

I think I saw Alyssa's and Carlin's passing by here a while back.

Alyssa has one, the other girls don’t.

Carlin, Josie and Katie used to have their accounts private but they all ended up making them public.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

55 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Alyssa has one, the other girls don’t.

Carlin, Josie and Katie used to have their accounts private but they all ended up making them public.

I remember that Carlin also had a private one leading up to her marriage, but I am not sure if she still uses it. 

I guess no one knows, that is why it is private ? 

Edit: I found the post about it

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/31505-carlin-and-evan-3-no-hugging-no-kissing-till-you-make-me-your-wife/?do=findComment&comment=1675593

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 4

You can also post stories to "close friends only" on instagram, and that's where all the risqué shit happens in my friend group, at least for the people who don't have a separate account their family/work doesn't know about. Their profile pic shows up with a green circle around it when they've posted something for close friends only, so you can make sure to click on those good ones, lol. 

Facebook has a similar setting, but I agree that it's been mostly abandoned to the over-40s. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, mysweetetc said:

Katie and Travis are "officially courting" as per US Weekly and Katie's IG.

100% daughters with perfect courtships.

100% sons with failed ones 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11

17 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

100% daughters with perfect courtships.

100% sons with failed ones 

Keep in mind that Chaney and Trace made it to the "official announcement" stage of courtship as well, and they fell apart.

I wouldn't wish a broken heart on a young lady, but I'm holding out hope on the slim chance that Katie and Travis don't make it. They are both just way too young.

• Upvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 4

Oh lord, 

ok running pool on engagement date 

and then wedding date?

Anyone got an educated guess on them eg when he finishes school..... 

Edited to add it says both are 19, i thought she was not 19 until october?

Meh must have missed a year

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

ok running pool on engagement date 

Within the next 45 minutes.

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

and then wedding date?

Long engagement...put me down for a week from Tuesday :)

(Kidding of course, but if she were a mail order bridge Gill and Kelly would already being weighing her for postage!)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Within the next 45 minutes.

Long engagement...put me down for a week from Tuesday :)

(Kidding of course, but if she were a mail order bridge Gill and Kelly would already being weighing her for postage!)

I put a laugh emoji but in all seriousness you could be right lol 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Wow, Gil and Kelly can't get the girls out of the house fast enough.  Pretty soon it will be G & K and a houseful of home grown frat boys.

They seem to like to get their daughters attached to a fundie guy as young as they can, even if they do make them wait a bit for marriage. I can't help but think this is a tactic to try and keep the girls from bolting when they realize they are actually adults who can make life choices. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

Travis is a freshman in college. How long can Kelly hold out until she starts badgering Travis to put a ring on it like she did with Brandon and Bobby?

• Upvote 7

Travis's family have money. Gil might not be so concerned with how he will provide for Katie. They will probably be married by the end of his sophomore year....which is next year. No big deal living at his house til he finishes school. This is just my prediction. I'm NEVER happy when a "really" young fundie starts courting. I actually wish they would stop calling it courting in the first place.?

• Upvote 8

Mama Jane says what we are all thinking. “Here we go again. Hopefully we will wait to wed.”

Get ‘em Mama Jane, you snark queen.

957236FF-1D2B-45C0-AB84-FAA791059AAB.jpeg

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 24
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

Go Mama Jane! She must be so over all of this. Really hoping they wait to wed, like Brandon and Michaela long, or longer!! 

• Upvote 13

I thought they were already courting, so this *breaking news* really confused me!

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic